It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama *to Sign* NDAA Martial Law

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate
reply to post by WiindWalker

I thank Onama for signing this. This will wake so many people up to what the government has been doing for so long. This will draw more peoples attention to the fight against corruption.

^^Quoted for truth. When the Patriot Act was stuck in us dry, it was hidden behind the grief of the TPTB orchestrated attacks on 9.11, but what is this hiding behind? What else is distracting us? The holidays?

As for signing it, you think that any Democrat would not sign a bill? C'mon, they have no backbone and if he didn't sign it the Republicans would run their collective yaps that he doesn't like the military--like they care about the rank & file soldier!

Derek

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So Obama and the NDAA, this is how my thoughts play out and I will be interested in hearing what some of you think about what I am about to say. I think the NDAA is a highly crucial gouge at our constitutional rights, but I dont think it is as mainly Alex Jones says. (Not a big fan of Alex, I just rather research with my own eyes) Anyway, since 9/11 we have put yes the patriot act in place, and many other Terrorist bills. But, I feel the NDAA is just another duplication for of that same rights stripping formula. Yes it should be a concern, Yes we should fight tooth and nail with our congressmen (and women).

But to say that the NDAA, main purpose is to imprison the American people (meaning everyone) is quite a huge step. I think that the scope of the bill is going to be used to target sadly Muslim Americans. And you see they just cant cough up this bill that says, ALL Muslim Americans..because that would then be politically incorrect and the authors could face severe consequences for racism, religiously biased, etc etc.

I think the point that is more important to everyone inside the US, is the fact that look at what they are passing. What is it about? Well its about Human life, and their lack of reverence for it. They pass these bills, that are unfair to their people which slowly maim them. And yet wage wars and destroy countless families. Those who where lucky enough to survive those onslaughts that the Americans brought will still have to live the rest of their lives with the broken memories of a lost loved one.

PS. I think Obama just passes these bills and has a clear consciounce because he thinks maybe he IS the Constitution of America and he IS the Bill of Rights. lol such a funny thought but hey you never know what the guy next to ya is thinking.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I think the U S should take over but not there own soil that makes no sense(just places there is to much violence). We are there paycheck. I do understand we use stuff out of control but not all of us do that. I have no fear from the government at all and nor should you. If they try to take my family I will fight but why talk like that it's stupid. The only people I think they might even try to take off the streets would be people that hurt other people or people that effect our lives in a bad way and I don't think they would hurt them unless given no other choice.I think you people think to much these bills pass for reasons like these kids in the military shooting our own(makes sense anyhow). So we can lock them up and throw away the key.Peace out

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeavenWolf
So Obama and the NDAA, this is how my thoughts play out and I will be interested in hearing what some of you think about what I am about to say. I think the NDAA is a highly crucial gouge at our constitutional rights, but I dont think it is as mainly Alex Jones says. (Not a big fan of Alex, I just rather research with my own eyes) Anyway, since 9/11 we have put yes the patriot act in place, and many other Terrorist bills. But, I feel the NDAA is just another duplication for of that same rights stripping formula. Yes it should be a concern, Yes we should fight tooth and nail with our congressmen (and women).

But to say that the NDAA, main purpose is to imprison the American people (meaning everyone) is quite a huge step. I think that the scope of the bill is going to be used to target sadly Muslim Americans. And you see they just cant cough up this bill that says, ALL Muslim Americans..because that would then be politically incorrect and the authors could face severe consequences for racism, religiously biased, etc etc.

I think the point that is more important to everyone inside the US, is the fact that look at what they are passing. What is it about? Well its about Human life, and their lack of reverence for it. They pass these bills, that are unfair to their people which slowly maim them. And yet wage wars and destroy countless families. Those who where lucky enough to survive those onslaughts that the Americans brought will still have to live the rest of their lives with the broken memories of a lost loved one.

PS. I think Obama just passes these bills and has a clear consciounce because he thinks maybe he IS the Constitution of America and he IS the Bill of Rights. lol such a funny thought but hey you never know what the guy next to ya is thinking.

I have to agree with this. However, things are going to be chaotic if he thinks that working a program like this is going to work,

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
You'd have to know Karl Denninger wouldn't let this slide.

Is This How Liberty Dies?

by Calen Fretts

On Thursday, December 15 - the 220th anniversary of the Bill of Rights - Congress passed the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which can be used by the President to indefinitely detain Americans without charge or trial; an utter eradication of the Fifth Amendment, without apology. Our Congress decided the President needs more power at the expense of the people and the Constitution.

Is this what our veterans and our forefathers fought and gave their lives for? Is this what Americans want their Congress to do? Place power like this in the hands of one man - the President - to do as he wishes with American citizens?

The Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution recognizes your right to due process: "No person shall... be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law." The Fourth Amendment, for what it's worth, also recognizes that your right to be secure in your person and in your house (among other things) cannot be infringed by sidestepping the legal process. The explicit recognition of these rights by our government is one of the things that has always made our country exceptional. But this new law is a misguided attack on our country's 220-year recognition of these inherent rights.

Let us look at the final text of the bill. In "Subtitle D--Detainee Matters", Sec. 1031, "Congress affirms that the authority of the President...includes the authority...to detain...any person...who was a part of or substantially supported...enemy forces." The keyword here is "substantially supported." This designation is extrajudicial - that is, at the President's discretion. Sec. 1032 says, "The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States." The keyword here is "requirement." In other words, the President has the authority to indefinitely detain any person who "substantially supported" the enemy, and is in fact required to do so - unless it is a U.S. citizen, in which case it is at the President's discretion.

What if opposition to certain government policies - the Patriot Act, or the TSA, or certain military actions, for example - is deemed "substantially supportive" of the enemy? What if a President's discretion, in lieu of a Constitutionally-guaranteed jury trial, is faulty and harms innocents? Obama himself, and those who succeed him, will now decide whether to send government agents to your living room to apprehend and detain you, without charges, for whatever duration they wish (or for as long as there is a War on Terror), under a Congressionally-condoned false pretense and color of law. Did we not learn from Russia, China, and Germany in the past century?

The so-called "conservatives" in Washington who are, at least in public, constantly at odds with the Obama agenda are the majority of whom voted for this bill. How dare they give this (or any) administration even more broad unilateral power to unequivocally control the very lives and liberty of We the People?

Couple that with the fact that Predator drones are now being used inside the United States as police tools, and we are looking at an outrageous reality. We must be honest with ourselves: America is becoming a police state. It cannot be overstated how serious of an offense this is. All those in Congress who supported this legislation must be voted out of office for violation of their oath to uphold the Constitution. That is the least that should happen in response to such an egregious assault on our liberties.

We cannot allow the slow death of our Republic.

Over the past decade, our rights have slowly been dissolved. Some say, "It couldn't happen here. This is America!"

Wake up. Congress just made it happen.

This has got to stop.

Posted at market-ticker.org2011-12-19 12:52

And so swiftly we kiss our liberty good-bye.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
What exactly are you supposed to do if the US goes dictatorship in one form or the other?....
Will you defy martial law if a cop tells you to go home and leave?
IF you see cops and army stripping citizens of rights will you do anything? what can be done?...
If they SHOOT at you..will you shoot back...at Americans following orders.....?????

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Here is a link the NDAA Document…..

NATIONAL DEFENSE AUTHORIZATION ACT-Conference Report/Detainee Section

It is an interesting read to say the least.

edit on 19-12-2011 by mikemck1976 because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeavenWolf

Probably thinks he'll be doing us a favor by putting us out of our misery. What a swell guy. Sure deserves that Nobel Peace prize. Actually, I don't believe he is allowed the privilege of thinking. You can almost see those puppet strings if you look close enough.

edit on 12/19/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I'm all for peace and freedom and don't condone violence but when watching this the only thing that comes to mind is......those that remove freedom from the people, those that are striping the constitution for greed, power and evil....they need to go, by any means necessary

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Campy61

The bill had too many votes. Obama can't veto the bill... so yeah...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
relax, damn you guys get so worked up over anything.

read this...www.lawfareblog.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
You know the Senate and the House passed the Bill as well, so let's just simply blame Obama? Last time I checked we voted Congress into office as well... I mean it is a raw deal, but let's pass the blame around and not just try to find a scape goat, or else history will repeat itself with whoever is the next president.

I've read over the bill and I don't think that it has taken away anymore liberties than the Patriot Act and the other Military force bill, mind drawing a blank, passed in 2004.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
For anyone who's still not on board, please people. Our futures depend on it. Just give the man one chance.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10
relax, damn you guys get so worked up over anything.

read this...www.lawfareblog.com...

More people need to read this, but the people who most need to read this won't.

Depressing, isn't it?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Thank you so much for this thread (although it is basically an ad for Dr. Paul). I honestly say to all of you, please know your rights as a US Citizen before you go vote regardless of "WHO" you vote for:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No excuses allowed

edit on 12/19/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

I already read the first 6 drafts of this bill an posted this information in Obama "Justifies"( FEMA??) imprisonment of civilians !!! section.

You are referencing someone's opinionated blog to try to prove a point? The blogger has it backwards and doesn't even mention the section of the bill everyone is upset about Sec.1033-35. The first 6 drafts contain the language that exempts US citizen's from the bill. The Obama administration (supposedly under the direction of Obama) threatened to veto the bill unless the language was changed to INCLUDE US citizens. I have not found an updated version of the bill. That is where it stands.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

Thanks for posting that, lonewolf. Even the author says that the NDAA does not leave out the possibility of American citizens being negatively affected:

Does the NDAA authorize the indefinite detention of citizens?

No, though it does not foreclose the possibility either. Congress ultimately included language in the NDAA expressly designed to leave this question untouched–that is, governed by pre-existing law, which as we explain below is unsettled on this question.

Next time you want to present an opposing viewpoint, you might want to...present an opposing viewpoint. The above is the problem with the entire NDAA, as it does not specifically exempt American citizens from being affected by it. Supporters of this legislation are all very careful to say "of course this doesn't require Americans to be held indefinitely!" But they leave out that Americans can now be held indefinitely, for whatever terrorism charges, falsely or no, are leveled against us.

/TOA

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
S&F for starting this thread OP. I will definitely be keeping up with this.

Still not enough people know what the NDAA is... I try to talk about it to my friends and they have no clue. Sad, really...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thejlxc
How can Patriots sit at home for this? What has become of a nation of Brave men? I can't dislike enough this current state of Tyranny.

It's not really a Tyranny when you can sit there and openly bash the government, now is it?

This Bill will not affect you, relax.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well I can imagine this bill will be reality...

The government will control everything with an Iron Fist before too long!

In the spirit of that...

I Love President Obama!

My Family Loves Him!

Obama is the Greatest President of all time!

My Family Agrees!

America is the greatest country on Earth!

My Family Agrees!

The Government would never lie to us!

My Family Agrees!

I am PROUD to be an American Citizen today!

My Family Agrees!

edit on 12/19/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join