It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama *to Sign* NDAA Martial Law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
This is it folks.... To all of those out there I love, I WILL protect you, I promise.

edit on 19-12-2011 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)

We the people must stand up against this tyranny! If someone knocks on your door to take you and your family away, you fight them back with every ounce of strength you have!!

edit on 19-12-2011 by WiindWalker because: Havent got confirmation on actual signature, but it seems he is pushing for it

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Tonight I weep for my country, my family, my friends and for what could have been. I grieve for the United Sates of America.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Is this really that surprising. When Obama came out and made the promise to veto this bill I knew then it would pass, I mean why keep a promise about something now. He wouldn't want to ruin his reputation now would he?

This really does make me sick.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
It doesn't make sense to me. All Obama had left was his base, and he just alienated every single one of them. If he'd wanted the bill to pass, he could have vetoed it and then had the House and Senate pass it again - God knows they had enough votes. What did he have to gain by signing it? Not looking "weak"? Well now he looks like a flip-flopping loser. He's alienated the entire country at this point, the far right and the far left and everyone else in between. I just simply don't understand what he was thinking by signing the bill.

Goodbye Obama, good luck getting re-elected now that your entire base hates you...

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
not just his base, im from australia and we all hate him now more then ever

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hi, it would be helpful if you had a link or something showing that he has actually signed this. Not that I don't believe he did (or will), but I can't find anything showing that he has yet.

Otherwise... It's certainly a long bill with confusing language. Did we ever really figure out whether or not the indefinite detention parts of it applied to US citizens or not? There was a lot of hype over the word 'requirement' in the bill, and seemed like no one could really say for certain either way. Perhaps we need a new bill limiting the length of future bills.
Judging by the flavor of the video you posted though, we're screwed. A sixteen year old detained and gone without answers? If ATS members hear of anyone else that gets taken without reason, please do let us know!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker

Do you have a link to a news article stating he signed this or just a video promoting Ron Paul? Thanks!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
How can Patriots sit at home for this? What has become of a nation of Brave men? I can't dislike enough this current state of Tyranny.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I wouldn't be surprised if curfews end up being imposed on the people after this tragic bill. They already have half of the American people living underneath the poverty line, what more do they want to control? Sometimes I wonder if it is enough for them.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
wyf jiis oath went up his ass. not only will it not go bad. but i dont think special forces will like this at all :/

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
The only link with info I could find was from this:

answers.yahoo.com...

"The Obama administration officially states he is signing the NDAA - Click for news article. Both the House and Senate have finalized it and submitted it for his signature. (4:39pm ET 12/15) In the final bill, they renamed Section 1031 to Section 1021, but it is otherwise unchanged. The President will promptly sign NDAA Section 1031 into law, codifying who is eligible for "Detention under the law of war without trial." Without a trial, there is no chance to tell a judge that the government has no evidence. The worst thing about this law is that it originally exempted U.S. citizens, but now it dangerously does not specify either way.."

EDIT: I havent seen any signature from this yet, but I will keep searching.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

"While many readers have contended that nothing in this bill applies to U.S. citizens, Senator Carl Levin, the bill's sponsor, explicitly disagrees. Even more alarming, it was Senator Levin who announced in Senate chambers that it was Barack Obama himself who demanded the verbiage that includes U.S. citizens as fair game by our own military on U.S. soil. This followed Senator Lindsey Graham's gleeful announcement that through the passage of this draconian legislation, the whole of America is now a battlefield and a venue in which the U.S. military may operate against its own."

So it seems that Obama is for it. Haven't found actual signature on this, I do apologize.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Here is one site from the 14th stating he will sign it

www.examiner.com...

Other than the Examiner all the other news networks are silent on this subject...
The only verification I can find is the Ron Paul video which unfortunately, in my book, and thank the politi-gods its independent, is a bunk vid and should be thrown in with the other grains of salt.

This bill scares the hell outta me though. There are other sites saying that the FEMA camps are on 72 hour notice and tanks are heading for the streets, something smells....

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I thank Onama for signing this. This will wake so many people up to what the government has been doing for so long. This will draw more peoples attention to the fight against corruption.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate

I thank Onama for signing this. This will wake so many people up to what the government has been doing for so long. This will draw more peoples attention to the fight against corruption.

As bad as this reply sounds, I have to agree. Somebody needed to push the button and force us to stand up for what we believe in. However, that still does not mean that this man is innocent.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LanternOfDiogenes

RT has been documenting it.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
This is likely to put us on the same list of countries where military rules. like Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Pakistan, Myanmar. So long democracy we'll miss you.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Yes it does sound bad at first. But i was in the military and i know for a fact i would never do anything against my morals. Never against my family, friends, or neihbors. I believe many servicemen feel the same. They can order us to take our friends and family, but it wont happen like the government will want. There will be more protests. More arrests. And when the cop or whoever goes home and finds his family is not there, he will stop being a puppet......... I hope

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The day they blew up the twin towers, freedom was gone like a fart in the wind. It was all part of the plan.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Here is some food for thought

Pay special attention to the weight, carry weight and amount of time the drone can stay up... this sucksI can never imbed these vids right always witht the malformed code... blah here is just the link

www.youtube.com...
edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join