It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What should you do if you find an atheist?

page: 4
22
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Crucify him?




posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
What is strange about people trying to convert atheists is that, if ignorant of "god's word", only God will judge the heart. So... wouldn't telling atheists of God's existence only condemn them if they then choose not to believe it?
Wouldn't it be best for Christians to only preach to the people who come into their churches?

'Only God will judge the heart'. Correct

Once an athiest knows the truth then it is they that can decide to either stay in denial or to accept the forgiveness that YHWH is only too happy to give them. If the result is denial then the athiest has just 'condemned' themselves to hell. When they reach hell, they cannot say 'oh I wasn't warned about the consequences of my denial'.

This is how lucifer works. He wants people to not know everything because the athiests can say 'oh, but YHWH, how can I be judged if I didn't know that Heaven and hell really do exist'.

To all athiests out there. If there is no YHWH and no lucifer, why is the world (athiest) elite obeying a book (that they don't believe in) by sending this world into the apocalypse and never ending wars?

Wouldn't it be best for Christians to only preach to the people who come into their churches?
True. But can you see athiests making an effort to go to church when they believe its a waste of time?



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
Wouldn't it be best for Christians to only preach to the people who come into their churches?
True. But can you see athiests making an effort to go to church when they believe its a waste of time?


The atheists have decided religion is a waste of time, so you're going to harass them at home. You're going to interrupt Mr. Gruff in the middle of his morning coffee on Sunday morning? Leave the poor guy alone.

The problem is that some Christians have such a black and white attitude about salvation and that compels them to behave in these silly ways sometimes.



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday
The atheists have decided religion is a waste of time, so you're going to harass them at home. You're going to interrupt Mr. Gruff in the middle of his morning coffee on Sunday morning? Leave the poor guy alone.

The problem is that some Christians have such a black and white attitude about salvation and that compels them to behave in these silly ways sometimes.

I guess sometimes an athiest 'sees the light', but is too ashamed to go to church because they will face humiliation from their friends. So it pays off sometimes that christians visit 'ready-to-repent' athiests.

black and white attitude about salvation
Agreed. 2 came to my door only weeks ago and I mentioned do they believe that a repented angel/human hybrid (nephilim) can be forgiven. They said no. I said 'so YHWH has limitations' (which is impossible). Their response: Silence. lol
I felt like taking their Bible and bashing them both across the back of the head for being in so much denial.
I mentioned the Book of Enoch concerning the fallen watchers back in the days of Greece and genetic engineering with wierd creatures like minators and griffons. They replied saying that the Book of Enoch is not important !!!
I was stumped beyond all comprehension

How could these guys deny that the nephilim ever existed.

Leave the poor guy alone
There is a thin line between 'advice' and 'order' when trying to save a lost soul. Hopefully this imagined guy will see the light before he passes on from this world. Ramming the book down his throut will only create anger and resentment.
I believe everyone at some stage during their life will see the light. It is then up to them to decide which path to follow when their life journey reaches the fork in the road.



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha


Once an athiest knows the truth then it is they that can decide to either stay in denial or to accept the forgiveness that YHWH is only too happy to give them. If the result is denial then the athiest has just 'condemned' themselves to hell. When they reach hell, they cannot say 'oh I wasn't warned about the consequences of my denial'.


Right... so, like I said, it is better they never hear of Christianity in the first place. I honestly do not believe that knowing about a far-fetched belief system and then denying that same system because it is far-fetched will really throw somebody in hell. I was just trying to challenge the logic.

There are many ways to interpret Jesus's words and one way I do not interpret them is as a message of condemnation and judgement. It is the church that does that. Jesus explicitly stated his standards for getting into heaven and that was to simply take care of your fellows and to not neglect even the least of them.

By those standards, I know a lot of "Christians" who won't make that mark and a lot of non-Christians who most certainly do.



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
denying that same system because it is far-fetched will really throw somebody in hell. I was just trying to challenge the logic.

Maybe not thrown into hell, but left in this hell.
Surrounded by darkness - universe
Surrounded by 99.99% of the population that want peace, happiness and joy. What have we got? the 4 riders of the apocalypse doing overtime everday.
Possible scenario: those who have faith in Jesus are removed from hell - rapture. Athiests are left behind.

condemnation and judgement. It is the church that does that.
The church loves being in control. The Vatican once didn't allow peasants read the Bible because they knew that people would rebel as Jesus said that this world is for the people, not the elite/church.
The church exploits the fear of hell for their own personal gain.


By those standards, I know a lot of "Christians" who won't make that mark and a lot of non-Christians who most certainly do.

No one will make the mark if they do not put Jesus first before anyone else.
A lot of christians don't like the following statement because it means that their family comes last
Mt 10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
Mt 10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
I guess 'not worthy of me' equals not being written into the Book of Life.



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

Possible scenario: those who have faith in Jesus are removed from hell - rapture. Athiests are left behind.



Then please, hurry up with your rapture.....the world will much more peaceful once your kind are gone.



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

Mt 10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.


Right... he's saying to love everybody equally. Reread that carefully and you'll see that.



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners
 


I have only read your opening post.
My answer to your question is that I would still love you
anyway.You would also be on quite a few prayer lists



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Well if I found one just wandering around, I suppose I would check with the neighbors to see if anyone had lost one or maybe put up a sign at the neighborhood convenient store with a number to call and a description. Hey maybe if I were lucky, there would be a reward offered.



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42
Then please, hurry up with your rapture.....the world will much more peaceful once your kind are gone.

Peaceful. hahaha. What a laugh.
Athiest war mongers, politicians, bankers, soldiers, weapons manufacturers, mad scientists, arms dealers and athiest voters are all sending this world into one big happy world war.

Yep, christians will watch this world descend into hell with pity.

If athiest businessmen own this planet now, why can't they create peace by printing lots of money and bribing the terrorists to shut up?



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
...war mongers, politicians, bankers, soldiers, weapons manufacturers, mad scientists, arms dealers and athiest voters are all sending this world into one big happy world war.



No, actually this HOLY war is something you christians have been doing for a long time.

by the way - your forgot chrisitan from your list above. In the time I spent in the military, I don't believe I met any atheists....reasonable number of Jewish, two (I believe 2) Buddhists.....and a few other pagans, but the vast majority of the troops are christian.

We actually used to sit and joke with them (yes pagans and christians can get along)....that this holy war thing was theirs, we were just there to serve our country as we had pleged to do.



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42
No, actually this HOLY war is something you christians have been doing for a long time.

by the way - your forgot chrisitan from your list above. In the time I spent in the military, I don't believe I met any atheists....reasonable number of Jewish, two (I believe 2) Buddhists.....and a few other pagans, but the vast majority of the troops are christian.

We actually used to sit and joke with them (yes pagans and christians can get along)....that this holy war thing was theirs, we were just there to serve our country as we had pleged to do.

forgot chrisitan from your list
Forgot 'stupid' christians that are all going to be judged with blood on their hands. Many christians forget 'thou shalt not kill' or 'Those who live by the sword, die by the sword'.

The sooner this holy war ends and everyone who enjoys participating in these 3 world wars are dead and gone, the better for those who are left behind.

'Pagan's in the military'. I thought they would rather chill out rather than go into another worthless war contaminating mother Gaia with DU and pollution.

'pagans and christians can get along'. Sounds similar to protestant and catholic Northern Ireland where middle class people (different religeon) happily lived next to each in suburbia.



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This made me laugh a little. Obviously insulting though. Reading the comments on this thread, its obvious that most of the people on this thread judge Christianity by the bad followers, without ever touching a Bible, and by ignoring all the good Christianity has done. Sure ignore the thousands and thousands of missionaries, ignore the true* message, not the one that groups like the westboro baptist church sends. If youre gonna judge Christianity on things like that, and saying that the war on terror is a holy war, and that Christianity is bad for the world, thats okay. Ill just point you to an atheist like Stalin.



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by isaac7777
This made me laugh a little. Obviously insulting though. Reading the comments on this thread, its obvious that most of the people on this thread judge Christianity by the bad followers, without ever touching a Bible, and by ignoring all the good Christianity has done. Sure ignore the thousands and thousands of missionaries, ignore the true* message, not the one that groups like the westboro baptist church sends. If youre gonna judge Christianity on things like that, and saying that the war on terror is a holy war, and that Christianity is bad for the world, thats okay. Ill just point you to an atheist like Stalin.


Humor doesn't work unless there is a little bit of truth to it. The spoof flyer points out Christian arrogance: "Atheists such as crotchety old Mr. Gruff think they have it all figured out but then why are they always so sad?"
"Wouldn't Habu the confused polytheist rather have one god who loves him a bunch instead of a bunch of gods who don't love him at all."

Christianity is the only religion that thinks you are eternally doomed if you don't believe it. (At least I can't think of any other religion like that.) The only thing that makes Christianity work in a multi-cultural world is that Christians don't really believe what they say. Thank God for that or crotchety old Mr. Gruff might never have a peaceful cup of coffee.
edit on 20-12-2011 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Condemned to Hell for not being a Christian? That's what I seem to be hearing from some posters here and in other threads. Let's look at Catholicism for a moment. (Since I don't recall thread attacking the evil Methodists)


In fact, those who through no fault of their own are not aware of the Gospel of Christ and of the Church, but who nonetheless search sincerely for God, and with the help of grace attempt to carry out His will, known through the dictates of their conscience--they too can attain eternal salvation. Nor will Divine Providence deny the help necessary for salvation to those who have not yet arrived at a clear knowledge and recognition of God, and who attempt, not without divine grace to conduct a good life." (Lumen Gentium 16)


In an official letter of the Church, it is spelled out that you can be saved without even clearly recognizing God. Granted, that's a little unusual, but still, in many parts of the world God is not known, yet the people can be saved. Belief in Jesus, not required.

So, please, change your understanding of what the Church teaches. Although, I'm not sure about the teachings of the non-denominational churches spread throughout the country.



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Condemned to Hell for not being a Christian? That's what I seem to be hearing from some posters here and in other threads. Let's look at Catholicism for a moment. (Since I don't recall thread attacking the evil Methodists)


In fact, those who through no fault of their own are not aware of the Gospel of Christ and of the Church, but who nonetheless search sincerely for God, and with the help of grace attempt to carry out His will, known through the dictates of their conscience--they too can attain eternal salvation. Nor will Divine Providence deny the help necessary for salvation to those who have not yet arrived at a clear knowledge and recognition of God, and who attempt, not without divine grace to conduct a good life." (Lumen Gentium 16)


In an official letter of the Church, it is spelled out that you can be saved without even clearly recognizing God. Granted, that's a little unusual, but still, in many parts of the world God is not known, yet the people can be saved. Belief in Jesus, not required.

So, please, change your understanding of what the Church teaches. Although, I'm not sure about the teachings of the non-denominational churches spread throughout the country.



EENS Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus "outside the Church there is no salvation"

What is the current position of the Catholic Church on that relative to the position you quoted? When I was investigating Catholicism EENS seemed to be an example of a stupid church position that nobody believes but nobody is willing to challenge openly.



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday
 

Dear cloudyday,

Good point, I suspect your memory is right, but the quote I used came from the letter Lumen Gentium, the constitution of the Church out of the Second Vatican Council (Vatican II). It was quoted favorably in John Paul II's book Crossing the Threshold of Hope, published in 1994. I haven't seen anything to make me think it has changed more recently than that.

With respect,
Charles1952



posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by followtheevidence
As a christian, it's so obvious at this point -

Let the atheist find you.

Don't go where you are not sent.

If they want to hear you, they will ask.


Yep, pretty much. In this day and age, people can make their own choice if they want to end up in the outter darkness. If i witness to someone, in comes in the form of me wearing a cross around m neck or i might ask them if they'd like to hear a story about Jesus. If they say no, i'm not wasting anymore of my time. Time is too short to waste our time on closed minded people when the next person might readily recieve him.

It's a yes or no question, if they say no...well have a nice day and it was nice meeting you. I dont even bother to threaten them with hellfire because if they didn't care enough to hear a message about how the creator loved them enough to save them then they aren't going to respond to fear either because love is a far more powerful motivator and if i fail with the message of love, its because they weren't meant to hear it and talking about hellfire is pointless.
edit on 18-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)



So yeah I am glad you don’t want to "waste your time" because of course "your time" is so much more valuable than others who don’t believe what you do.--Pretty sure Jesus never wanted to "waste his time” either. Yeah because time is to short to waste time on closed minded people (ones that don’t believe what I do).--SO VERY CHRISTIAN OF YOU. Notice how I don’t call you close minded because I don’t agree with you.
I am paraphrases but doesn’t Matthew 28:18-20 and He promises power to be ... Someone loves you enough to tell you about Jesus. .... So if you don’t want to "waste your time” I guess you don’t love them and thus ARE NOT OBEYING THE WORD OF GOD?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

You say “the creator loved them enough to save them...save them from what exactly?

edit on 12/22/2011 by TheTimeIsNow because: correct line spacing



posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTimeIsNow
 


Doesn't have a thing to do with not loving them. I'm not going to sit here and try to berate someone and convince them when they have their minds made up about how it is, their hearts are hardened against God because he has begun his great deception where he causes those whose hearts are hardened to believe the lie that he does not exist. None of the apostles or even Jesus himself lingered on those who rejected him or his apostles. Where one person rejects the next may accept. Doesn't mean i don't love these people, i just am leaving them to the choices they have made.

The good news is that these people may get a chance to recant as this tribulation we have begun begins to wind down. These souls will remember what has been said to them and many will not reject him a second time. Watch and see, it won't be much longer now. God is about to show Israel's enemies who he really is. You think the 6 day war where not one Israeli soldier was killed as 5 muslim nations came againast them was a miracle, youre about to see a real miracle as its going to happen again and on a bigger scale. Going to be a wild ride the next 6 years.



new topics

top topics



 
22
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join