It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should you do if you find an atheist?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This made me laugh, then cry, then laugh again

Then I became very grumpy and bitter.. damn
edit on 18-12-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
You try and put out some leaflets saying the opposite of that and you'd probably get arrested.

Sad times.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It's sad.

People still believe in God ?

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
if you find an atheist in your neighborhood, greet them as your neighbor, do not talk about religion... all will be well. the grumpiness is from the religious folks rattling on to those that don't give a flying poop...

we only seem that grumpy because the cause of our irritation is in our face...remove irritant = happy atheist.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The garbage people print is phenomenal, lmao!

A fairly educated and experienced human being in the 21st century should have "evolved" past the Bible and all that hokey pokey spooky wrath of God type of propaganda by now. Humans evolve, we don't try to kill rain or hide in caves when we hear thunder anymore, because we learned what those things were eventually.

Many Religious folks mean well, but they are stuck in arrested development spiritually.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Wow, that's funny.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I've been trying to get into a conspiracy mindset in order to fit in better on this website. So, naturally, my first reaction is to say "False Flag," "It's probably printed by an Atheist to make the Christians look bad."

Then I read the posts and discover that everybody's taking it seriously. Guys, how can I fit in if you keep changing the rules?
Can't we at least pretend for a little while that this is a conspiracy?

(Seriously, how would a little kid know if someone is an Atheist? I can't believe the tykes run around the streets asking strangers about their religious beliefs. Nor can I believe the Atheists are approaching kids. Just another ATS mystery.)
edit on 18-12-2011 by charles1952 because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
What is strange about people trying to convert atheists is that, if ignorant of "god's word", only God will judge the heart. So... wouldn't telling atheists of God's existence only condemn them if they then choose not to believe it?

Wouldn't it be best for Christians to only preach to the people who come into their churches?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Wow....sort of relates to a topic I started shortly before this one
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Reminds me of a joke I heard a while back.

God and the Devil are walking on the beach. God sees something shiny in the sand. He picks it up and says "look its religion". The Devil replies "give it to me, I'll organize it"

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
since Christianity is dying out, its not surprise that the leaders of said religion are trying all they can to maintain power...

no one wants to be part of a barbaric, illogical, cartoony, and violent religion.

except people who fit those characteristics

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
What dummies. You know I really wish I had it in me to believe in comic books. I mean why not believe that 2000 years ago time actually started, and people once could float on water and walk through walls. I know a guy like that his name is Chris Angel, Hoiddini, and David Copperfield.

I feel like the world is full of crazy people. Religious people talk to themselves, and imaginary people. What do psychologists think about this? Crazy-that's what I say. Any adult should know the difference between stories and fact.
edit on 18-12-2011 by samlf3rd because: left out a word

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is why I always wondered about marketing majors in college, I'm sure the ones that graduate at the top of their class go on to become preachers.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
In light of that I am going to make my own flyer that says stay away from religious people, because they talk to themselves, and are lazy. They wait for their god to give them things. Meanwhile atheists work for everything they want. Religious people are way to week and insecure to look at the ground and say "I will be resting there one day". I am happy that I am a part of this vast universe.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

(Seriously, how would a little kid know if someone is an Atheist? I can't believe the tykes run around the streets asking strangers about their religious beliefs. Nor can I believe the Atheists are approaching kids. Just another ATS mystery.)
edit on 18-12-2011 by charles1952 because: Spelling

Well hopefully they will all be on the look out for coffee drinking goats in night gowns.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
What is strange about people trying to convert atheists is that, if ignorant of "god's word", only God will judge the heart. So... wouldn't telling atheists of God's existence only condemn them if they then choose not to believe it?

Wouldn't it be best for Christians to only preach to the people who come into their churches?

I'm not sure if it is unaware or uninterested in your story of God. Of course his son capable of coming back from the dead, and that crazy man that talked to the buning bush(schizophrenic), wanted to sacrifice is son for the all mighty(psychotic state), better yet to part the waters and walk through with his crew(mass psychosis) then smashing down as they pass through destroying the pharoah's army. Wait a second... Then there's the dude Noah... Now we're talking' . This dude saved our planet from flood by capturing a male and female of all the species of critters roaming the ground, put them in an arc and sailed away until the waters settled. What's not to believe. I have met "Jesus" in my line of work a few times... But again they were schizophrenic! As far as condemning me... Nah, your condemning yourself to a life of social isolation by ostracizing your self from non-believers. Sad, kinda crazy, very narcissistic. All of this judgement over a story, Wow! Glad I'm not a believer... I get to like everybody no matter what they believe. Condemn away!
I'm more of a karma kind of guy. What goes around... Comes around no matter what your beliefs.
edit on 18-12-2011 by PsychNurse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Charles1952

Yes, of course it's false flag.

The OP "flyer" comes from

objectiveministries.org...

which is a spoof site afiliated with

www.landoverbaptist.org...

Landover is famous mostly for its antitriclavianism, promoting the doctrine that three nails weren't used in the Crucifixion.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Thanks Spanners, Ill just have to keep an eye out for those grumpy goats. And the grumpy goats drinking coffee...shudders.......

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

i like that billboard of the church stuffs... lawls

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

LMFAO your avatar cracked me up!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Yeah... it's funny and sad in the same time.
And I can't stop wondering, is it religion who makes people so obtuse, or are stupid people naturally attracted to religion?

Seems like free, critical thinking is a rare privilege. Here's to the new generation of brain-washed, religious haters...
edit on 18-12-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join