It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should you do if you find an atheist?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Of forgive me calling non believers "out in the darkness" and " close minded" isn't hateful or condescending in the least bit.... You of course were right and I was wrong, as always......

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
very accurate. atheist must have shallow miserable lives.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I tend to find atheists the most preachy of the evangelical lot.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Sounds like you've got it all figured out.

Don't get grumpy now; you may be mistaken for an atheist- and burnt by a good christain.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Just had a quick thought. Actual Atheists are quite rare, I think I'd ask how he knew there was no God. Not why he's not convinced by the evidence for God, because that's an Agnostic, but what is the evidence for the non-existence of God. I think I'd learn a lot.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
i'd post this around the neighborhood:

Christianity:
The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.
"Christianity makes sense!"

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

Is that your answer to "What Should I Do if I Find an Atheist?" Or, is it an answer to me?

I don't know why finding an Atheist would make you want to do that.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I think you might not learn anything, because it seems you're quite interested in semantics.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
i'm saying that that is what i would do to piss off the ignorant christians that posted the "What should you do if you find an atheist?" flyer.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
if you find an atheist in your neighborhood, greet them as your neighbor, do not talk about religion... all will be well. the grumpiness is from the religious folks rattling on to those that don't give a flying poop...

we only seem that grumpy because the cause of our irritation is in our face...remove irritant = happy atheist.

This.

While I'm a theist keeping an open mind, I hate and despise all religions and therefore ignore them unless pushed and prodded by fundamentalists (mostly Christian ones who won't give up trying to convert).

I have a Catholic other half and she knows and respects this, only time religion is mentioned is when she tells me she has an early start on sunday to go to church before work. And that's ok with me.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MzMorbid

Dear MzMorbid,

Thanks for the response. I really wasn't trying to be a wise guy. I understand that there are people who believe in God. I can understand them. And there are people who believe maybe there is, and maybe there isn't. I can really understand them.

What I can't figure are the people who say there is no God. Maybe there aren't any like that, but if there are, I'd sure like to listen to them.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
Thanks Spanners, Ill just have to keep an eye out for those grumpy goats. And the grumpy goats drinking coffee...shudders.......

"Folgers" the goat says"yes... Don't talk to us(please)..." we don't want to hear your claptrap. A persons' concept of "God" is a rather "personal thing" not to be worn on the sleeve or be tossed about at the drop of a hat on the front porch with blithering strangers...:"baaaaaaahhhhh...go away: .now my coffeee is cold!"

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Awesome!

I saw on either the History channel or Discovery, in a show called "Proving God", that atheist have under developed brains.
edit on 19-12-2011 by IndieA because: addition

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
In light of that I am going to make my own flyer that says stay away from religious people, because they talk to themselves, and are lazy. They wait for their god to give them things. Meanwhile atheists work for everything they want. Religious people are way to week and insecure to look at the ground and say "I will be resting there one day". I am happy that I am a part of this vast universe.

Although I am a follower of Christ, I can understand the atheist claim that Christians are pushy. I respect that. I think you should have respect and not make blanket statements like "religious people are lazy". I have a home near Amish and Mennonite Christians and I can tell you from first hand experience that they can work circles around most of us. Lazy is not a word in their vocabulary. These people and many more Christians work for everything they want and are by no means weak and insecure.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

reply to post by knightsofcydonia

This is all...
edit on 19-12-2011 by causeimalive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by causeimalive

Typical predisposition analytical mind rant! There are theoretical physicists, mathematicians, scientists, psychologists, and all around geniuses that believe in God. So much for the analytical predisposition theory.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Areyoupeopleinsane

Yes, you also forgot the part where it was the Roman Catholic Church doing this and that it was protestant christians they were killing.

Ass yes the Protestants.... lets see

King Henry VIII (Protestant) is responsible for the deaths of over 70,000 Catholics including hundreds of priests and Bishops. He had St. Thomas More executed in 1535. He even ordered the destruction of most of the uncorrupted bodies of saints in England. The only bodies that were not destroyed are the ones taken by Catholics and hidden from the persecutors.

John Calvin, one of the Protestant reformers, viciously persecuted Catholics as heretics. He persecuted others as well, and had a rival critic, Michael Servetus, burned alive in October 1553.

Queen Elizabeth I, a protestant, had thousands of Catholics put to death in England. She ordered that Catholic Mary Queen of Scots be executed in 1587. She had thousands more killed in Ireland.

Oliver Cromwell is responsible for starting the English civil war and the subsequent beheading of Catholic King Charles I, and for the killing of thousands of Catholics in that war of 1642-1649. Some Catholics were nailed to trees.

Thousands of Catholics were murdered in Ireland by the English in the 19th century simply because they attended the Catholic Mass. The Protestant English redcoats were also responsible for confiscating the food from the Irish people and for leaving them only with potatoes which were blighted and unfit to eat. In the mid 19th century this caused the deaths by starvation of an estimated 1-1.5 million Irish Catholics, and the emigration of about 2 million more. It was a case of either leave the country or die of starvation.

So no, when i say ALL RELIGION is a shameful violent sham of a cult...I forget no one, as ALL religions are guilty of crimes against humanity.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

LOL that is funny, Atheists just dont believe in a Almighty Creator but instead believe in something else.

Instead they just believe in little green men haha!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I don't think I've ever met an athiest who is always sad. I've met plenty of God sqaud members who are always ignorant though.

That is a real life propaganda leaflet though. Goebbels and the Nazi party would be proud.
edit on 19-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The flyer comes from a spoof Christian website. You all need to check it out, because it's hilarious. You're missing out on much much more - the Jesus o-Lantern for Halloween, Dr. Giraffenstein's Clockwork Creation Science Factoidamig, Habu the Confused Polytheist.

Make your own Habu the confused polytheist action figure. Habu has so many false gods that even he can't remember them all! He would dearly love to simplifiy his life with Jesus, but he lives too far away to hear the Good News. Help Lambuel go on a mission to save Habu!

Make your own Mr. Gruff the Atheist goat. Children can keep him on their desks and practice witnessing techniques on him in between homework. Mr. Gruff comes with a coffee mug that he can hold. (Do not use mug with Lambuel figure. Lambuel thinks coffee is yucky!)

Coming soon: Disheveled Front Yard playset and Darbucks Coffee Den of Iniquity playset!

Requires: 1 sheet of paper or card stock, scissors, hobby knife*, scoring tool, glue.

Objective Ministries
edit on 19-12-2011 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join