It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should you do if you find an atheist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
WoW not a lot of love for religion here

The whole Religious vs Non-religious is very tiresome, its a vicious circle and as long as each side responds to the other with intolerance the cycle will continue until either man dies out or the sun explodes (whichever is sooner), it is the same mechanism that allows racism, sexism, ageism etc to continue to flourish.

There are many religious/non-religious people who quietly hold their beliefs without imposing upon others and in fact are quite tolerant and understanding to each others point of view, treating each other as equal.

Just a thought

edit on 18-12-2011 by Jamjar because: typo

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamjar
WoW not a lot of love for religion here

Its a discussion board. That's what its for.

There are only 2 people in real life who know I am Atheist. It is no one's business. I have no need to broadcast it or prove anything.

My only issue with religion is separation of church and state. I take care of that matter by voting and supporting those who bring about and fight via legal means.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
This made me laugh, then cry, then laugh again

Then I became very grumpy and bitter.. damn
edit on 18-12-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

Lol, it is funny. Atheists probably don't get why theyre goats, its an inside joke but theres nothing funny about the end result.

No point trying to witness to an atheist, they think they got it all figured out so i am content to let em keep on thinking it. Nowadays if you try to witness to someone they get grouchy, or as in the case of one little old lady one of my Brothers tried to witness to...she went and got a shotgun and aimed it at his head. Scary times we live in....the boy is only 17 too.
edit on 18-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Here's an idea, when you go to someone just say " do you want to know about Jesus? " They say "No" you walk away...... What is so difficult about this concept?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The military has a term for this: PSY-OPS or psychological warfare

Psychological warfare (PSYWAR), or the basic aspects of modern psychological operations (PSYOP), have been known by many other names or terms, including Psy Ops, Political Warfare, “Hearts and Minds,” and Propaganda.

[1] Various techniques are used, by any set of groups, and aimed to influence a target audience's value systems, belief systems, emotions, motives, reasoning, or behavior. It is used to induce confessions or reinforce attitudes and behaviors favorable to the originator's objectives, and are sometimes combined with black operations or false flag tactics.

Target audiences can be governments, organizations, groups, and individuals. In Propaganda: The Formation of Men's Attitudes, Jacques Ellul discusses psychological warfare as a common peace policy practice between nations as a form of indirect aggression in place of military aggression. This type of propaganda drains the public opinion of an opposing regime by stripping away its power on public opinion.

This form of aggression is hard to defend against because no international court of justice is capable of protecting against psychological aggression since it cannot be legally adjudicated.

The only defense is using the same means of psychological warfare. It is the burden of every government to defend its state against propaganda aggression. "Here the propagandists is dealing with a foreign adversary whose morale he seeks to destroy by psychological means so that the opponent begins to doubt the validity of his beliefs and actions."

[2] The U.S. Department of Defense defines psychological warfare as: "The planned use of propaganda and other psychological actions having the primary purpose of influencing the opinions, emotions, attitudes, and behavior of hostile foreign groups in such a way as to support the achievement of national objectives."[3] During World War II the United States Joint Chiefs of Staff defined psychological warfare more broadly stating

"Psychological warfare employs any weapon to influence the mind of the enemy. The weapons are psychological only in the effect they produce and not because of the weapons themselves."[4]

edit on 18-12-2011 by Areyoupeopleinsane because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Here's an idea, when you go to someone just say " do you want to know about Jesus? " They say "No" you walk away...... What is so difficult about this concept?

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Star for you

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Lol, it is funny. Atheists probably don't get why theyre goats, its an inside joke but theres nothing funny about the end result.

WRONG!

Don't care.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
As a christian, it's so obvious at this point -

Let the atheist find you.

Don't go where you are not sent.

If they want to hear you, they will ask.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
This made me laugh, then cry, then laugh again

Then I became very grumpy and bitter.. damn
edit on 18-12-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

No point trying to witness to an atheist, they think they got it all figured out so i am content to let em keep on thinking it. Nowadays if you try to witness to someone they get grouchy, or as in the case of one little old lady one of my Brothers tried to witness to...she went and got a shotgun and aimed it at his head. Scary times we live in....the boy is only 17 too.

Allow me to re-write to add clarity

Lol, it is funny. Christians probably don't get why theyre laughed at by Athiests, its an obvious joke but theres nothing funny about the end result.

No point trying to reason with a Christian, they think they got it all figured out so i am content to let em keep on thinking it. Nowadays if you try to reason with a christian they get grouchy, or as in the case of hundreds of thousands of people in history who were convicted of heracy the church tortured and murdered them in the most gruesome ways many were little girls as young a 8 years...some were infants even Scary times we live in....

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by eight bits
Charles1952

Yes, of course it's false flag.

The OP "flyer" comes from

objectiveministries.org...

which is a spoof site afiliated with

www.landoverbaptist.org...

Landover is famous mostly for its antitriclavianism, promoting the doctrine that three nails weren't used in the Crucifixion.

Thanks for pointing out the source of that cartoon.
I'm getting some good laughs.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence

Yep, pretty much. In this day and age, people can make their own choice if they want to end up in the outter darkness. If i witness to someone, in comes in the form of me wearing a cross around m neck or i might ask them if they'd like to hear a story about Jesus. If they say no, i'm not wasting anymore of my time. Time is too short to waste our time on closed minded people when the next person might readily recieve him.

It's a yes or no question, if they say no...well have a nice day and it was nice meeting you. I dont even bother to threaten them with hellfire because if they didn't care enough to hear a message about how the creator loved them enough to save them then they aren't going to respond to fear either because love is a far more powerful motivator and if i fail with the message of love, its because they weren't meant to hear it and talking about hellfire is pointless.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Areyoupeopleinsane

Yes, you also forgot the part where it was the Roman Catholic Church doing this and that it was protestant christians they were killing.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Personally, I'd invite them over for coffee, give them a pat on the back, and enjoy their courage in standing for their personal choices in life, not being bullied into brainwashing!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by XelNaga
since Christianity is dying out,

2.1 billion people in the world are Christians. In the US, it's 78.4% of the population. 0.7% of Americans are atheists and 0.9% agnostic. You have a really bizarre viewpoint if you think that these statistics demonstrate that Christianity is dying out.

its not surprise that the leaders of said religion are trying all they can to maintain power...

Christianity is not a religion. Methodist, Baptist, Catholic, etc., these are religions. Christianity is belief in Christ. It's not a religion any more than atheism is a religion because it's followers don't believe in Christ.

no one wants to be part of a barbaric, illogical, cartoony, and violent religion.

I'd say that describes the RCC church fairly well, at least the historic version of it. And they've never had a problem attracting members.

except people who fit those characteristics

So, you're of the opinion that all Christians are barbaric, cartoony and violent. My opinion is that you're a narrowminded bigot.

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs. The predominant usage in modern English refers to persons hostile to those of differing sex, race, ethnicity, religious beliefs or spirituality, nationality, language, inter-regional prejudice, gender and sexual orientation, age, homelessness, various medical disorders particularly behavioral disorders and addictive disorders. Forms of bigotry may have a related ideology or world views.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Well, reality is really a bitch you know.
It was so much nicer when I believed in Santa Claus.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I was previously living near the host city of the annual global Atheist conference.

My solution was to move interstate. Problem solved; I never encounter them now.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

Christianity is not a religion. Methodist, Baptist, Catholic, etc., these are religions. Christianity is belief in Christ. It's not a religion any more than atheism is a religion because it's followers don't believe in Christ.

Different denominations are not religions, they have different rituals but they all believe the same thing. Youre comparing golden delicious apples to red apples, they look different but taste the same.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence

Yep, pretty much. In this day and age, people can make their own choice if they want to end up in the outter darkness. If i witness to someone, in comes in the form of me wearing a cross around m neck or i might ask them if they'd like to hear a story about Jesus. If they say no, i'm not wasting anymore of my time. Time is too short to waste our time on closed minded people when the next person might readily recieve him.

It's a yes or no question, if they say no...well have a nice day and it was nice meeting you. I dont even bother to threaten them with hellfire because if they didn't care enough to hear a message about how the creator loved them enough to save them then they aren't going to respond to fear either because love is a far more powerful motivator and if i fail with the message of love, its because they weren't meant to hear it and talking about hellfire is pointless.

This day and age people can make their own choice if they want to be religious or not...... I bet you wished that you lived during the crusades so you can kill the non believers yourself don't you? Oh how Jesus must love you lol

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

This day and age people can make their own choice if they want to be religious or not...... I bet you wished that you lived during the crusades so you can kill the non believers yourself don't you? Oh how Jesus must love you lol

You know what happens when you assume? You make an ass out of yourself. I said nothing about anything of that nature, so stop putting words in my mouth. Your words are born of hatred and bigotry. Do not think you know me, i can assure you that you do not. I have never advocated violence or murder and that you would even mention such a thing offends me.

Next time think before you speak, and learn more humility and respect instead of bigotry and hypocrisy.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Wow these christian people need to be saved "from themselves" no really, there so childish but at least there funny. And some give you candy and cookies if you go to church, so its not all that bad.

Listen all you christian people, there is a time and place for everything, and trying to push your religion and cult onto people who don't want it, or have other things on there minds is a pointless and futile effort.

Why cant all you not sane people both christian or whatever else be sane like me....Is it really so hard to believe in everything and nothing all at the same time.

On a side note! That leaflet is funny.
I'm not even an atheist. But now I want to be one so I can scare me some Christians away with my grouchiness. Oh yes I am a mean one, and a bad banana, I also have garlic in my soul, and scaring children is a past time of mine.

Just call me mister grinch.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join