It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Tases14 Year Old Girl When Her Hands Are Up

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by manontrial
ha ha haaaaa, GOOD!

If cops tased more people, especially in situations that don't really warrant it, then maybe more people will start developing a healthy fear of the police force.
Because regardless what a gutless, left-wing, politically-correct do-gooder will tell you, a police force is totally ineffective if it is not feared.
What do you think, say, a Russian citizen thinks when a cop sounds his siren behind them?
What about a Chinese or an Iranian citizen?
I bet 'your' life that they think "sh*t! A cop" and they do exactly as they're asked to without a single word of backchat.
So, if they fear the cops like this, and don't want dealing with a cop, guess what they do.
Go on, guess.
That's right, brains. They OBEY THE LAW.
I'm not saying those countries are crime free, but they don't have anywhere near the shocking crime rates of the western world.

YOU MUST BE JOKING! RIGHT??

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

ha ha haaaaa, GOOD!

If cops tased more people, especially in situations that don't really warrant it, then maybe more people will start developing a healthy fear of the police force.
Because regardless what a gutless, left-wing, politically-correct do-gooder will tell you, a police force is totally ineffective if it is not feared.
What do you think, say, a Russian citizen thinks when a cop sounds his siren behind them?
I bet 'your' life that they think "sh*t! A cop" and they do exactly as they're asked to without a single word of backchat.
So, if they fear the cops like this, and don't want dealing with a cop, guess what they do.
Go on, guess.

I'm not saying those countries are crime free, but they don't have anywhere near the shocking crime rates of the western world.

You have absolutely no clue on the principles of liberty and freedom. Not the freedom to watch what you want to on tv, eat what you want, or go to whatever restaurant you want, but freedom from oppresion and tyranny. Our nation was founded by people who had endured tyranny and oppresion and had been subject to brutal treatment at the hands of the goons that served the king of England and that is why they called for a constitutional convention and announced their independence.

The citizens of this nation should not be forced to live in fear of an agency that is there to serve them and provide for their personal protection. Your comparison to Russian, Chinese, and Iranian cops is quite disturbing so let me ask you a question. Do you honestly feel that free people should live in fear of those that are meant to serve them? If you do then would it be okay for you to be afraid of a security company that you had install an alarm on your house? Or better yet, lets say that you are a celebrity and had hired bodyguards to "protect" you, should you then live in fear of them and be forced by threat of violence to do as they say, when they say, and how they say?

You see it is people such as yourself that thinks that this kind of action is acceptable that further empowers TPTB to tighten their grip on our rights. You should also remember that this is not Russia, China, or Iran. This is America, one of the only countries in the world where you are free to speak your mind and not have that freedom infringed. That is why America has done so much good for the rest of the world throughout our mear 234 years of existence compared to countries such as China and Iran that have been in existence for over 1,000 years.

When people are free from oppresion and tyranny and free to seek out and follow their dreams then and only then are they free to provide for the betterment of their fellow man. Perhaps you would feel differently if you ever have a run in with one of these over-zealous doughnut disposers. Perhaps if the cops would present themselves in a respectable manner and show some respect to the people that they are there to serve and also to the people that ultimately pay their salaries through tax dollars then they would get some respect in return. Afterall it is always better to be respected instead of feared.

Thomas jefferson once said that "When the government fears the people there is liberty, but when the people fear the government there is tyranny.". So I suppose from reading your post that you would be happy living under tyranny.

Anyone who is willing to give up a little liberty for a little safety deserves niether.
edit on 15-12-2011 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

I need to see the whole thing in order to have any kind of rational judgement. The clip as it stands is a waste of forum space. You might as well of added a Rick Roll at the end.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Joseph Stalin's grandson!

There are also countries in which ordinary citizens will beat the crap out of people with stupid ideas.

Luckily for you this is not one of them.

Let me guess though, you have never actually lived in a dictatorship, have you?

ha ha haaaaa, GOOD!

Go on, guess.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
The original story says:

The police also state that, ”The girl was cursing and inciting the crowd and when the officer went to arrest her for being disorderly, she twisted away from him. The officer then leaned her against the trunk of the car to place handcuffs on her, but she continued resisting and elbowed the officer in the chin.” The video seems to indicate otherwise.

Yet it is absolutely clear that she elbows him in the chin (or the jaw). I also noticed at the end of the video another LEO walking a male whose hands have been zip tied.

/TOA

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

I need to see the whole thing in order to have any kind of rational judgement. The clip as it stands is a waste of forum space. You might as well of added a Rick Roll at the end.

And your comment is NOT a waste of space?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by manontrial

Do your homework and deny ignorance. Violent crime is down over 30 years in the US. The only thing these cops are serving or protecting is private prisons, and the trillion dollar cash cow called the "War on Drugs."

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
www.jdjournal.com... more links to the story seems shes getting charged with walking on a highway what highway? does any one see a highway anywhere?and since when is swearing akin to inciting a riot? this link as a bunch of info that seems to completly contradict the officers claims (back pack as sheild,hundereds of kids in the street" since when did it become illegal to swear???www.nbcphiladelphia.com... another link " The teen then spent 21 days in juvenile detention charged with aggravated assault on the officer, simple assault, riot charges and resisting arrest. In juvenile court she was found not guilty of the most serious assault and riot charges but was found guilty of disorderly conduct and being a pedestrian on the highway."
quote from above source
seems the tazer was aimed at her groin so the fact he might have scrambled her eggs might be contributing to the fact her family is attempting to sue and it seems the assault charges were dropped.....i wanna see the missing scenes of that video!!

and this link claims the mother is saying the tazing was racially motivated: www.wfmz.com...
"Victoria Geist filed the suit against Officer Jason Ammary and the city of Allentown.

Back in September, her 14-year- old daughter had just left Dieruff High School with two friends. She says the girls were walking down Washington Street, when Officer Ammary grabbed her daughter from behind and pushed her up against a car, Geist said. Then the officer shocked her daughter with a Taser.

lehighvalleyramblings.blogspot.com... this one seems to explain the highway charge even though in the video a road closure sign can be seen in the background of the video thus enabling the students to walk there....either way how is it illegal in this country to walk up to your parked car....

edit on 16-12-2011 by KilrathiLG because: add more links

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Unedited video
Also that camera has to be a manned one. Or someone high on mushrooms programmed it and even then how does it convieniently stay on the action when there is some?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Clearly the cop lacks training. I'm suprised cops are not training in modern day combative systems like gracie combatives or raw combat (luke holloway). Because if they were, they would understand restraining someone could be acheieved without potential for serious injury or death.
edit on 18-12-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
There is a difference between police procedure of detaining someone and what this guy is doing. Holding someone in a chokehold like that is not what they're supposed to do. What this guy does is that he chokes the girl and just waits for the response that has to come sooner or later. Noone wants to die choking. That then gives him the excuse to pull the tazer.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
There is a difference between police procedure of detaining someone and what this guy is doing. Holding someone in a chokehold like that is not what they're supposed to do. What this guy does is that he chokes the girl and just waits for the response that has to come sooner or later. Noone wants to die choking. That then gives him the excuse to pull the tazer.

I agree. It's definetly uncalled for. But, hey, if you can get away with it, why not?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Well we have the video so there's still hope that he doesn't get away with it. However in the past LEO's have gotten away with a slap on the wrist compared to normal people for crimes so there's that side too.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingalbrect79
Now if the parents only taught children to respect law enforcement and comply, she wouldn't have gotten tazed.

Oh yeah, like the Jews in Germany 1942. Don't resist, just comply.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Well we have the video so there's still hope that he doesn't get away with it. However in the past LEO's have gotten away with a slap on the wrist compared to normal people for crimes so there's that side too.

Now that citizens can be detained forever without trial, I'm sure they will be suspcious of everyone, and this kind of "arrest protocol" will be used.

He looked suspicious, so when I went up for him and started choking him, he resisted in a suprised manner.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

do you know what idiotic means???

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Thanks for your post

Lots of good questions regarding this situation!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
What utter police brutality and incompetence.

Where I live in Australia tazers are only used by the police as a last resort to a firearm, in otherwords police can really only use the weapon if the other party is armed or a clear risk to others.
Are officers now today to lazy to talk someone down or use bring someone down the old fashion way?

From the looks of the video the girl was no harm to herself or bystanders, the officer should have just backed away and talked reason to the girl, if she approached him then more force may be needed.

The problem is today police are taught tazers are a "restraining device" not a weapon that can kill quite effectively under certain conditions.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingalbrect79
From what I can tell she was clearly resisting, the Officer defended himself after she elbowed him to the right side of the face and as he was firing the weapon she tried to raise her hands. She didn't get them above her head before the darts hit her.

To me it looks clearly like self defense against an unruly teenager.

Now if the parents only taught children to respect law enforcement and comply, she wouldn't have gotten tazed.

Nothing real shocking here, no pun intended.

King

you couldnt be more wrong, or blind, she clearly, and I mean CLEARLY had her hands up, maybe not past her head, but at least level with her ears before he pulled that trigger. if he had pulled the trigger at the same time she was putting her hands up, she would not have gotten them up that far, you sir are WRONG simple as that.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Now it seems that even the Dept of Environment Protection has adopted the use of tasering handcuffed indivduals. Soon every government agency will be able to pull out a taser when you don't do as they say.

HONEYMOON ISLAND --
A 37-year-old man was hospitalized with life-threatening injuries Saturday after being Tased by a Pinellas County Sheriff's Marine Unit deputy on the north end of Honeymoon Island.

According to Pinellas County Sheriff's detectives, James Clifton Barnes, 27, struggled with state Department of Environment Protection officer Joseph Tactuk, 21, as Tactuk was trying to arrest him around 12:30 p.m.

Detectives say Barnes was in handcuffs when Pinellas County Sheriff's deputy Kenneth Kubler, 48, arrived and called for Barnes to calm down. According to detectives, Barnes continued to struggle violently with the DEP officer, leading Kubler to deploy his electronic control device on Barnes.

Barnes was transported to Bayfront Medical center. Neither Tactuk, a DEP officer since 2010, nor Kubler, a 29-year veteran, were injured.

Officials have not said why Barnes was being arrested.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join