It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Tases14 Year Old Girl When Her Hands Are Up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Cops Tasers 14 Yr Old Girl

I did a search and didnt find it, I apologize if it has been posted before.

Now I understand that kids can get rowdy, but was this truly necessary? She obviously put her hands up prior to his firing his weapon at her.

What I do NOT like about this video is that it cuts out what led to the situation argh!!!

The article states that she resisted arrest and elbowed the police officer.

Everytime I see things like this I often wonder if the victim had a pacemaker are a heart condition.....If this was my child I would be fuming, but what would be worse? Him actually pulling out his glock?
edit on 15-12-2011 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2011 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
From what I can tell she was clearly resisting, the Officer defended himself after she elbowed him to the right side of the face and as he was firing the weapon she tried to raise her hands. She didn't get them above her head before the darts hit her.

To me it looks clearly like self defense against an unruly teenager.

Now if the parents only taught children to respect law enforcement and comply, she wouldn't have gotten tazed.

Nothing real shocking here, no pun intended.

King

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I question this video, as there is the issue in question missing from the video.

Looks as if what she actually did to cause the police to be involved was edited out, so in my opinion, there is no way enough evidence to make the allegation that the police did wrong.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Need to know the whole story....

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Who said she was raising her hands in surrender? She could have very well been raising them in aggression. I'm not defending either person here, I'm just looking at it from a perspective with no sound and no real background information.

I'm really glad he had the taser rather than the Glock.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This video, as you stated, is clearly edited. Whomever has performed the editing is hiding the justification or lack thereof for manhandling a girl. I'd love to see the entirety of this video.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
I question this video, as there is the issue in question missing from the video.

Looks as if what she actually did to cause the police to be involved was edited out, so in my opinion, there is no way enough evidence to make the allegation that the police did wrong.

Yep thats what I was wondering too! Odd isnt it? But still I am against the over use of tasers.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Not to choose any sides on this situation, but I did catch the little elbow to the shoulder image. But that gives no absolute reason what so ever to taze the poor 14 year old girl to the ground. It was probably on accident.
I just can't believe it though. Ladies and gentlemen, this is one of the many reasons why we must oppose the the existence and very thought of martial law here in the United States.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'd feel like the bad guy if I shot someone who had their hands up.

I think that's pretty cowardly, don't you?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

There also is no evidence that the girl did wrong either. I would resist under certain circumstances if such situation were to arise. Wouldn't you?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This is just another case of a coward ass cop abusing his position and he should be cuffed and placed on public display on the town square where he should be beat. I am not a violent person and I hate to see violence but it really pisses me off to know that myself along with countless thousands of others put our lives on the line serving this nation just so that a bunch of government employeed sissy thugs with badges can trample our rights on a daily basis.

When I first came out of the military I thought of becoming a LEO but after spending some time around them while getting my CJ degree and eventually finding out that I couldn't enter the area I desired to due to losing an eye in Afgahnistan I decided that I just could not fit in with them.

The things that I witnessed them do to citizens really pissed me off, and after seeing a training officer drag an 85yo man out of his car I totally lost all faith in their techniques and found myself questioning their motives. The sad thing is that the 85yo man that was dragged out of his car had been pulled over for failing to yeild to an ambulance and he was dragged out of his car because he didn't exit the car when ordered by the officer upon stopping the man. Coming to find out the 85yo man was totally deaf and therefore could not hear the officers commands. However the man was still hauled off to jail for disobeying a lawful order but the charges were eventually dropped.

I know that i will probably take heat from fellow members for my comments on here but actions such as this really piss me off. Most of these cops have ego problems and most are also very cowardly in the execution of their jobs and take on the attitude that their safety takes priority over those whome they are meant to serve.

I was in Afgahn and as stated I lost an eye and took 2 bullets during a fire fight where all but 4 of my unit were killed and to see the cops in our society treat the citizens with less respect than we had to show towards our enemy combatants is absolutely sickening. I can tell you this much, if that were my daughter that sorry POS cop would damn sure know what an ass-whipping is all about.

I am not standing up for the girl that was tased but am instead standing up for all of our rights as citizens of a nation that was founded upon the principles of liberty and freedom from oppression and tyranny.I am sure that this young girl probably had an attitude since most teenagers do and she may have very well elbowed the officer. However if he is such a p*ssy that he can not take a blow from a 14 yo girl and is in such fear for his life that he has to tase her then he truly is a coward and I can only thank god that I will never have to depend on the likes of him to come to my assistance or save me from an armed intruder.

People need to wake up and realize that the days of law enforcement being there to protect you and to serve you are long gone, they are only here now to protect the government and serve the oppressive, constitution trashing regime that we have put into power.

When I see instances such as this it only reaffirms why I call them "Tyranny Enforcement Officers".

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Hilarious.

Another trigger happy rambo with a beer-gut and a Magnum PI mustache. Do they get these psychos from central casting, or what?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Thank You for your service, and well spoken reply I might add

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by emaildogs

I would too, however in this day and age you are no longer allowed to even question why an officer is doing something. The act of asking why or what you did wrong can be construed as resisting now and by doing so you can be charged with resisting or "disobeying a lawful order". That term in itself is tyrannical, "disobeying a lawful order", it really sounds belittling and makes you realize that we are no longer sovereign citizens but rather subjects to the state, since only subjects have to "obey" their masters.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

And I thought I was the only one who thought they all looked overly macho and very overweight!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by emaildogs

Their catch-all rule says though, you may never resist arrest, even if it later turns out to be wrongful. Nice rule huh?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Tasers are a torture device and should not be used, ever. Police officers managed to arrest people just fine without electro-torture weapons.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0001391
Tasers are a torture device and should not be used, ever. Police officers managed to arrest people just fine without electro-torture weapons.

But it makes being an overweight cop possible.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
ha ha haaaaa, GOOD!

If cops tased more people, especially in situations that don't really warrant it, then maybe more people will start developing a healthy fear of the police force.
Because regardless what a gutless, left-wing, politically-correct do-gooder will tell you, a police force is totally ineffective if it is not feared.
What do you think, say, a Russian citizen thinks when a cop sounds his siren behind them?
What about a Chinese or an Iranian citizen?
I bet 'your' life that they think "sh*t! A cop" and they do exactly as they're asked to without a single word of backchat.
So, if they fear the cops like this, and don't want dealing with a cop, guess what they do.
Go on, guess.
That's right, brains. They OBEY THE LAW.

I'm not saying those countries are crime free, but they don't have anywhere near the shocking crime rates of the western world.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

It doesn't matter what the girl did! She's 14, he's a grown man. Possibly if she had a weapon, a weapon should have been used to defend the portly fellow. These privileges need to be taken away from these morons.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join