It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weirdest person you've ever met?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
So there's a thread on here on the weirdest experiences people have ever help but I'm curious about who the weirdest person anyone has ever met/seen is? Mine has to be this guy I saw while in the backwoods of Connecticut. Me , my cousin , and my uncle went to this car show deep deep deep in the woods about ten years aog and as we were leaving we went to turn around in this house's driveway. Well all of a sudden my Cousin starts yelling at my uncle to "go go" and we were were like what's wrong. He told us turn around and when we did there was weird looking guy in overalls holding a pitchfork. He gave us this weird looking stare. I mean I imagine the guy was annoyed with us turning around in his driveway but man he just came out of nowhere.

Still creeps me out to this day. I have no idea where that guy came from.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The weirdest has to be the extreme Jesus freaks I've met.
I have worked with mentally retarded adults, adolescent teens with issues, and did sales in the general public, but those people... wow. The lights are on but nobody's home.

I got 12 years of catholic school under my belt so I know all kinds of religious freaks, but some from the south are just beyond cognitive recognition of any mutual communication. All they can do is talk AT you and not TO you. Wonderful folks, they make the world a better place, especially when it's mandatory they vote Republican every election.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

Well, weird is a pretty subjective term. I'm going to leave out obvious mental illness, or playing 'crazy or bluetooth', and maybe go with 'singular', instead.

I was once walking home from a girlfriend's in the wee hours and encountered an old gent gathering herbs by the light of the full moon...we had an interesting chat.

But then I also once spent the day with an intuitive (psychic) 'archaeologist' and that was kinda weird given my formal training in the field. He'd go into a trance to 'see what had gone before'. For what it's worth, in that state he would exhibit some hand movements that were similar to those I'd seen with a girlfriend who had left frontal lobe epilepsy. Hmmmm....

S&F for the thread!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I haven't met this guy but he is older, tall, long white beard, and wears overalls. Every morning he walks up the street like in a trance, and every evening he walks down. Never pausing, never talking to anybody.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I met a guy once when I was traveling from Italy to Croatia on a ferry boat. I was doing some voluntary missionary work and this guy was from Australia. I was glad to find someone who spoke english so I began chatting with him. I soon found out that he didn't have all his marbles. He explained to me that Albert Einstein's head was on the moon. He said some other strange stuff, but I can't remember all the details.

Well, being that I was doing voluntary missionary work, I thought I'd ask him if he'd heard of Jesus. He said that he knew Jesus. He explained to me how Jesus had amazing technology because he could be at so many places at once.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Weirdest person you've ever met?,

Does online here at ATS count??

Seriously .. the weirdest person I have ever met was probably a ghost. I was living in Japan, walking through the old section of Kamakura. I was with two friends. We got lost. While trying to find the train station we ran across a very old, overgrown Japanese cemetary. We went in and saw an old Japanese man and a white cat sitting on a big rock in the middle of the cemetary. It was bonodori time - the festival to honor dead ancestors - and people had been in to scrub the old graves and leave offerings. I asked in english if it was okay to take pictures. He answered me in perfect english that it was. I turned to talk to my three friends for about 2 seconds and when we turned back .. he was gone. The cat was there, but he was gone. So how did an old Japanese fella speak perfect english and just disappear??

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The weirdest person I ever met was this man we nicknamed "happy guy". We use to pass him walking down the road smiling and talking to himself. We would see him nearly every day. One day we were shopping and he was sitting on a bench. Some friends we had stopped to talk to were standing close to where he was and we could hear alot of the things he was saying (and of course he was still smiling). One of my friends ask who he was talking to, and he replied "I'm talking to god"......and then he started talking to himself again........or to god.
edit on 15-12-2011 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I lived with a guy for a while that had a sky high iq, but was also a bit retarded! He caught an illness as a child, and had to have anchunk of his brain removed. So nueroplasticity did it's thing, and what came out was a guy named Rob. He had the memory of a savant, and could rip through a book in a few hours, recalling years later various passages on the fly.

So in some ways he was exceptionally gifted, and in other ways...

I recall once he was trying to light his cigarette. There was a few lighters in front of him, and he was terribly confused on which one to pick. So he picked up the blue one, and placed it down. Picked up the green one, and placed it down. Picked up the black one, and placed it down. He was very uneasy about this delema, but after several cycles finally choose to bum my lighter and the issue was settled.

He would disappear some times for the whole day. Just up and walk out in the middle of something, and we'd have no clue what he was doing. My good friend said he probably went out to go find some animals to kill. I thought he was joking. Well, after all the bizarre experiences we had together, I think that might have been the case.

He was an idiot-genius-psycho.

I'll never talk to, or forget that guy.
edit on 15-12-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I was bartending when a guy comes in, he was very sober by the way, with two beautiful women. He shows me a check for $1000 from the US Treasury. He says he wants to start a tab and at the end of the night I can throw the check in the register and what ever is left over I can keep for a tip. I looked at the check and it did not look right at all. I had recieved checks in the past from the treasury and I was convinced it was a forgery. I told him no way in hell would I do that.

He then threatened me physically and then decided that because he was a different nationallity that I was guilty of a hate crime against him. He then said if I didnt allow him to do what he wanted he would call the cops on me. I handed him the phone and he called the cops. They come, listen to him, look at his check, and then arrest him on check fraud. The whold way out he is kicking and screaming that he is going to sue them and threatens them that he is going to call the FBI and get them arrested.

About a year later the same guy comes back in my bar, starts telling the same story, recognizes me and then walks out. I call the cops, and they pick him up again. I expect that kind of behavior from drunks, but like I said this guy was stone sober, lol just writing about this makes me laugh hysterically.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
So how did an old Japanese fella speak perfect english and just disappear??
Well, how do you know he spoke perfect english? All he said was "ok."

Next, you were in Japan. Those people are ninjas. It's easy for them to disappear.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Theres was an old man that lived in town,he was about 5ft tall and weighed about 90lbs,he was more than a few cards short of a deck,not the sharpest tool in the shed,fell or was pushed off his rocker a long time ago,the town idiot i suppose.He use to think he was a cop,he actually totally believed 100% that he was a cop and the real policemen in town gave him a fake metal badge and a fake but very real looking ploice uniform and hat to wear and thats all he ever wore.He didnt drive,he rode a bike around town,literally patrolling the streets and literally trying to pulll cars over and give people a ticket and he would randomly walk up to someone and ask them for their id...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'm on the bus on the way to work, really early in the morning, so apart from the driver I am the only person on the bus.
As you do I chose to sit on the back row right next to the window.
Few stops along and we stop to pick up a passenger, a man.
This man then walks the length of the bus and chooses the seat next to me! I mean right next to me when every other seat is empty.
He does'nt speak to me, or even look at me.
I think thats wierd....still annoys me now actually.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Although I read this forum every day I've only just registered and that is to reply in this thread.

I'm sure this thread will be fascinating and I'd like to share a story about a late friend who no one talks about these days for the very reason that he was a frightening person in hindseight.

I joined a fraternity in university where he was already a member and a pledge brother with my soon to be best friend, the fraternity climate meant I spent a lot of time with this guy during my time in university, he stayed over my apartment, we had countless one on one times and I sympathised with him to the end which is something that doesn't sit that well with me which is why I want to talk about it here and clear some memories I have that otherwise I wouldn't have an opportunity to talk about. He's very much a no go subject with my friends.

He had no hair or facial hair, a lazy eye and an awkward manner. He had an obsessive personality. He would latch himself onto people until he got a reaction from them. He would proposition girl after girl in bars, in class, in diners, in the street, one after another showing no signs of being affected by rejection, boasting afterwards how uncomfortable he made them feel and of threats or bizarre offers he'd made them. Facebook groups were made by girls on campus warning other girls of him. So many complaints were made to the school that a restraining order was made preventing him from coming onto or near the campus.

Towards the end stories came in of violent threats towards various people but to be honest everyone had become strangely desensitised to his behaviour, we'd seen him do and say bizarre things but so often we ignored it. Girls who did spend time with him told friends of "inhuman rage" and violence behind closed doors. It was at this point many washed their hands of him.

Newspaper reports tell of "speaking in a god like manner" and threatening to "cut off his father's legs" which is such a bizarre thing to threaten someone with but this was him he did things to make people feel uncomfortable and even writing this the memories make me feel that way.

The climax of this story is a day two years ago where he told a friend he was going to hunt down people who had wronged him, he came onto university campus with a gun intending to shoot down friends and acquaintences of ours. Before this could happen he killed himself. No note, no communication with anybody, no obituary. A closed chapter no one really understands.

I feel sorry for whatever aspect of his mind or childhood made him the way he was. It's horrible to think that it is better off if someone wasn't around but we were relieved and I think a lot of us hate ourselves for that but it's a feeling that has never gone away.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by outroversion

Hey man,

I'm sorry to hear you went through such a shocking experience. It sounds as if he didn't have the ability to empathize, and as a result was emotionally retarded. That was likely one of the main reasons for his bizarre behavior.

You mention he didn't have any hair anywhere? Did he shave it off every day, or was that how he naturally was? Hair offers a means for us to rid our tissues of various toxicants, and metals. Perhaps he was very stressed because of this inability to properly detox? I don't know.

Regardless, that is a horrible experience, and I'm sure you will be a little off for a while, but just realize that some people get the poo end of the stick in life. This whole, "we're all born equal" bs doesn't fly in the face of reality. It's very unfortunate, but at least nobody else was injured when he truly went wacko.

Just use this experience as an ability to realize when people are too far gone early on, so that you may simply walk away, and/or contact local authorities if he seems to be a danger to other people.

Peace.
edit on 15-12-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

Oh man,don't mention the pitchfork to me.
The weirdest person I know once did something unspeakable with a pitchfork and a can of petrol.
I won't go into details,but lets just say I knew the guyand I thought he was harmless,but what he did over a decade ago makes me seriously distrustful of my fellow man to this day.
And it makes me question my own judgement of character to this day.
Because I couldn't see that in him.

I was badly wrong.

I will never speak to that being again,and I hope I never see it again.
It walks free amongst us today,after doing time in a psychiatric prison.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

It's ok if it is difficult to talk about and you definitely don't have to say but I'm sure everybody is curious about what he did with petrol and a pitchfork...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by outroversion

It was a most heinous murder,but I can supply no more details.
I am not making this up.
I even considered this "person" a friend in the years before the event.
I feel like sheeet just mentioning it,but he was,it turned out the weirdest person I have yet to meet.

The only thing which gives me any kind of excuse,is that my other friends could not see what this person was really like.
We all thought he was a bit odd,but no one thought he would turn into a coward killer.
It still hurts.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Oh geez, don't even get me started...

How about the fella I met in Worcester, Ma. back in '78. who literally spat in my corncob and handed it back saying "cum and semmen" (like it's spelled). He was an odd duck.

Or my old friend Pickle. He had Tourette's before it was cool, and they started him on Haldol at 13.

Not only was he one of the "Two Witnesses", he once had a "psychic marriage" with some guy he saw at a 7/11...

Or my friend's uncle who wanders the town in his duct tape helmet...

Or this other fella, Beauford, from the town I grew up in. He's the guy you picture in your mind when you hear "Hatfields and McCoys". Had a habit of shooting at church bells with a 30.06.
The cops would show up and say "C'mon, Beauford, put the gun away". It was a pretty common occurrance.

Or...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
i am hands down the weirdest being on this planet atm. i dont look weird but i cant weird as hell

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I've been told I'm the weirdest person people have met. Not in bad way. I'm just socially awkward. Spend about ten minutes talking to me in person and you'll understand. I'm not really going to change either... it's not my problem people think I'm odd.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join