It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weirdest person you've ever met?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This happened around 5 years ago, a bunch of my friends were at a bar in Wisconsin having a good time, and suddenly in walks this man who would probably be the weirdest guy I ever met. He looked like he might be homeless, wearing a dirty trench coat, unwashed, carrying a knapsack over one shoulder, and in the other hand he carried a chainsaw. Chainsaw and all the dude walks into the bar and stops next to one of my friends (who was pretty buzzed at the time)

My friend bursts out laughing, asking him "What the hell are you doing in here with a chainsaw dude?" The guy said to him "I'ma sell it!" He seemed offended that someone would even ask why he brought a chainsaw into the bar. Soon, he gets kicked out of the bar and we sneak outside to see what he would do. The town we were in was a college town, so lots of bars on this street, he left the bar and wandered down to the next one, and the next one and the next one, the same thing over and over again, until finally someone called the cops and he got picked up.

Gotta love Wisconsin.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Haha i'm loving this thread it's awesome and i'd love to contribute but I have met waaaaay too many weirdos haha and don't know where to start

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Charles Manson

When i was younger i did a lot of dune buggying in the Calif desert around Trona Calif.

Him and the family were very strange.

After they arrested him i started carrying a gun whenever i went into the desert.

You just never know who you are going to meet.

edit on 16-12-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
A hitchhiker on mind altering substances. He kept asking me if I was GOD, and the last I saw him....he was walking on his hands in a rest stop parking lot.

Maybe I shouldnt have...and this always bothered me...but I left him there.

Oh...and he kept "quacking" like a duck!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Besides people that are literally handicapped:

My second to last GF was the weirdest person I've met.

I went to rehab for drugs, she went to a similar treatment place, not for drugs, but for locking herself in her room for 2 weeks with just energy bars for food and barricaded her door so parents couldn't get in. She needed to get away from people.

The strangeness of our former relationship is one that can be compared to nothing I have ever witnessed. I can't even say the funniest thing because it is tmi

She broke up with because of distance, when she broke up with me she told me she still loved me. F'd up right? Not only that, but she never communicated with me since, nor did she de-friend me on facebook.

Literally, my #1 fear in life is that she will kill herself because she has been suicidal for many years(it's not a secret, she gets help), that would literally kill me inside if that happened, although I know she will never talk to me again, but that doesn't bother me as long as she is OK.
edit on 16-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
My Ex!

Not strange in a negative sense, but...uhm..STRANGE...and she has gotten stranger now!

At the time we met many years ago she was a "Goth" girl, that is wearing all black and that. That's all fine.
But she refused to EVER, EVER wear anything but skirts.

She was very self conscious about her body because she is a somewhat bigger girl....so she would only EVER wear black and only skirts to hide her body.

(It took me approx 5 years until she finally actually started to wear pants...then all that stuff you get at Hot Topic with those silly strings hanging down etc...
)

She is not only self-conscious of her body...she was also extremely emberrassed to be American. She actually told anyone she was born in Canada and is Canadian (which she made up because she didnt want people to know she is American...)

She has/had every imaginable illness/disease you can imagine....which were MOSTLY because she is a hypochondriac and the doctors NEVER found anything wrong. So she had panic attacks and conditions i never heard of..like "Raynaud's disease"...and recently she discovered/thinks that she has fibromyalgia - which now explains all ailments she has or had because it's "Fibromyalgia". (Which, as far as i understand means that really no one knows what it is....i am not being sarcastic...but..well you get the idea)

Ok..since she was Goth she was HEAVILY into all those kinds of music which was all great and and fine with me. But some of it was really awful, for example "Power noise"..which is the most awful kind of music i know of

Now...we were married about 8 years...and now she is TOTALLY TURNED-AROUND due to her new husband who is very religious.

She turned from a hip and spunky girl which looked like Kelly Osborne listening to Goth and dancing in clubs, funny and interesting.....now all she is talking about is Jesus!
My Ex, from ALL people on this planet...i would have expected her to be the LAST person to turn into a "Jesus freak" person....that's why i think she is the weirdest person ever. Not in a bad sense, not in a negative sense..just ODD...

edit on 16-12-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I've met quite a few odd people in my time..

But one of recent memory was this guy, I'd say in his mid-twenties to thirties..& very weird.

A couple of weeks ago, I'd finished work & go to meet my cousin at a pub in the city centre for a quiet drink, when he was done driving his sister back to hers.
So while I wait at the pub, I ordered 2 beers & drank while I waited for him.
I went out for a cigarette outside, but before I even lit one up.. this dude walks past the pub, wearing a big poppy in his hat, rucksack on his back & orange & pink make-up all over his face (resembling The Joker from Batman, which was weird since he even made a reference about himself as The Joker).

So he stops suddenly in his tracks & looks at me, staring me down. I look back without saying anything, to which he says, "What's up man! Why so sad?". I initially tried to ignore him, & carry on smoking..But he'd then come closer & continue talking not very coherently..or making much sense.

I continued trying to ignore this guy with a face-full of make-up, & someone who showed signs of mental illness, or drug addiction..But he actually cracked a joke, which I couldn't help but smile about it.
He then politely asked if he could grab a seat with me outside, which I replied "it's a free country".

From what I made out, he lived & had a rough time in another city, so was here with some "friends".

He'd then pull out a bunch of papers & a pen, & begin quickly sketching me, as I sat there smoking!
I felt uncomfortable, so began get my things & head back in the pub to wait for my cousin (who actually bumped into him & had a little argument, after he tried touching my cousin's head for no apparent reason lol).

Before I even finished my cigarette, he finished the sketch of me..& surprisingly, it was a very good drawing for a 3-minute job!

A sad story of someone with a bit of artistic talent, wondering the streets..But definitely one of, if not the weirdest I've ever met.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
A hitchhiker on mind altering substances. He kept asking me if I was GOD, and the last I saw him....he was walking on his hands in a rest stop parking lot.

Maybe I shouldnt have...and this always bothered me...but I left him there.

Oh...and he kept "quacking" like a duck!

Hope he didn't end up in a morgue, mental hospital or a circus! I really had to laugh though. Don't feel bad, just next time offer help.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I had just got my license, was driving with a friend and picked up a hitchhiker. He told us his name was The Right Honorable John Baptist. This was 15 years ago, but a name like that sticks with you.

This guy was old and scruffy in a suit, with only a briefcase. He immediately started rambling on about bases with foreign troops on Canadian soil in the prairies, underground torture chambers, all kinds of crazy stuff. He jotted down a bunch of intelligible stuff onto pamphlet that was laying in the car, along with a map depicting the layout of the torture chambers. As we dropped him off, he told us to call the media and ask them about the troops and the torture chambers.

I kept that pamphlet for a long time, but I'm not sure if I still have it. If I ever find it again, I'll be sure to post pictures of what's written on it . Tried googlling the guys name a couple of times but never turned up anything.

Thought the guy was completely nuts at the time, but in retrospect you never know.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

The weirdest person I ever seen was this vampire wannabee at school. He had his teeth sharpen to a point. He also acted like a vampire and said he enjoys drinking blood.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Funny, more than a few have said I was the weirdest person they have ever met. But I suppose that's all in the beholder. What passes as "normal" seems weird to me.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

Mine was a Young Mormon with a Robot like Voice who knocked on my Door one day to tell me about the Church of Latterday Saints . I Politely told him I was an Agnostic that Believed in a Supreme Being who Created the Universe for All Life to Evolve by it's Own Devices until Finally it Returns to the SOURCE of it's Creation . The Guy looked me right in the Eye and said , .." Sorry to Bother you Sir , I see you do not want to be Saved ", then he left . What was Weird about him was he had this Pained look on his Face that seemed to Express DOUBT in his Own Beliefs , I often Wonder if he Still is a Mormon today.....

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Whilst my house was being built I stayed in my Brothers empty flat for 2 months.A man and woman had moved in next door the month before.The first night I awoke to some kind of buzzing noise.

I saw the woman cutting the lawn at 2 in the morning in near pitch black.Half asleep I looked for a while in disbelief and went back to bed.An hour or so later I heard voices yelling out something like Raaaaaaa Raaaaaah for a few minuites.The same yelling happened every night without fail.

Anyway I moved into my house and thought no more of it,while watching tv the Hoarders show came on,and there they were the two of them living in complete filth and rotten food,I worked out that on the other side of the wall from where I ate was where they kept the fridge full of horrors.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I had a friend that I knew for 10 years that had
a severe mental illness but was like a walking
internet when it came to information. He use to
spend endless hours in the library due to not
having a home (he slept on the beach at nite).
I could ask him questions on any subject and
he would know the answer. He was also an
artist and did some really crazy art, some of
which I still have. His obsession was Atlantis
and UFO's. I miss my friend, he taught me
a lot about life. He was the weirdest person I
have ever known.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
OK the weirdest person I've ever met was ..... well I never actually met him but he was weird!!!

When I was about 12-13 ... I was walking home from meeting this kid that I had met a few days before, he was cool, I didn't know anything about him, but that was thanks to my stepfather ..... anyway I really liked him and we had met a couple of other times.

So one day after meeting with him (behind my stepdad's back) I was walking home, now you should know I was one of the last "white" people in the neighborhood, so I was picked on quite a lot, by the other kids in the neighborhood. As I'm crossing the street a guy at the other end of the street, just floored it!! He was going insanely fast, he was trying to run me over!!!!
I made it to the other side of the street just as he got even with me, and I'll never forget his face, he looked liked he hated me, he wanted to kill me, he had dreadlocks, was black, and his eyes were really, really red. I imagine he had just smoked some weed, but anyway he was screaming your gonna die bit*h, he looked all kinds of insane when he said it too!!

I still to this day don't know why he wanted to kill me, but that is the weirdest person I've ever "met"!!

BTW this isn't a "racist" post, I'm just telling the story of the weirdest person I've ever met!!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Ok one of the many weird people i've met was this dude back when I was at school who thought he was an alien.
Like actually seriously thought he was an alien explaining the planet he came from and what his alien name was and that he'd fallen from his ship hundreds of years ago and was left behind, and he would defend his theory with his life and would speak his own alien language.
And sometimes he would just randomly stop and drop whatever he was doing and sprint off, and then when he's eventually come back he's explain that he thought he was picking up a signal from his home planet and had to go to try recieve it.
Now if that's not truly strange then I don't know what is
hahaha
you never know though maybe he was actually an alien........

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I forgot to mention the guy I wrote about on page one of this thread,who turned out to be a murderer-My sheepdog who was the most happy friendly dog you could know even to strangers-Well he could not be in the same room as this person.
He would try to attack him,with every bone in his body.
I had to shut him in another room on both occasions this person came to my house.

I thought that was odd at the time,but with hindsight its almost as though my dog could sense a darkness in him.
From that day on,I take more notice if my dogs act weird around people-Thankfully the same behavior has not happened since.
But now I am aware of what to look for.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The people that are paid to stand at any and all of the wall mart store entrances to greet arriving and departing shoppers,i've said hi to some of them before,but i dont think they had a clue what i meant.Once one of them said bye to me when i walked in and hi when i was leaving...
edit on 18-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I dont have a weird person story...maybe Im the weird person.....

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

Don't feel bad. I was thinking the same thing. I remember a co-worker irritating me by calling me an alien. I started to wonder if she wasn't joking because she seemed serious. It didn't help when I showed her how I could make the color of my hand change colors in seconds. They turn red when I'm hot and by simply raising it up, they will turn white again. Bulging veins recede right in front of your eyes. I heard that wasn't that unusual.

Anyway I remember sitting in a bar one night with someone I thought was in the 82nd airborne because many there were from a nearby base. I thought he looked a little bit crazy. He suddenly said something to me and called me crazy. Then he said that was ok because he was too.

I think a whole lot of people are weird where I live at. They keep the heat set around 78 or 80 in church which feels really hot to me and they are still wearing sweaters and jackets even after nearly an hour of being indoors. So I think so many people are weird, it makes me feel weird in comparison.

I'm disregarding all the mentally insane or mentally retarded people because I believe they are just mentally handicapped, not weird because there are a lot of them. I see a lot of evidence that some of them drive cars. Then it becomes annoying and a safety problem if you don't stay out of their way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join