It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We grow more daring and aggressive": The potential for violence as OWS mutates

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Foolish thing to think.
Here is what happens. The hardcore believers move into foreclosed homes for the winter where they make more discussions and are bound by the experience. When the cameras are off they will talk about violence and real revolution. The government will start cracking down on these groups since they are out of the public eye. Violence will happen because of this and it will precipitate more violence.

It could sputter out, but it could also start an attrition war in the U.S.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I think the homeless should move into vacant foreclosed homes. They should be used instead of sitting there rotting away when we have so many homeless.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Of course, revolutions do not happen without a cost. I know that we depend on crucial infrastructure like hospitals, and during a clash normal societal functions may be compromised. Great change comes at great cost. Its undeniable at this point. Its sad that it has to come to this. If war crimes, investment crimes, and so on were not destroying our country then this would not have to happen.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
One thing that people forget, is that the last revolution, technology wise, it was musket vs musket, horses, blackpowder, swords.. Now a days its firearms vs drones, gunships, satellites, radios, Jdams, etc. Not a fair fight. But I guess there is the slight chance that some National Guard unit does what they did in Africa and opens their armory up for the people. No big guns but some vehicles at least.

U

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This page: www.prole.info...

Under the heading WAR

We grow more daring and more aggressive in pursuing our own class interests. These do not lie in forming a new government, or becoming the new boss. Our interests lie in ending our own way of life—and therefore the society that is based on that way of life. We are the working class who want to abolish work and class. We are the community of people who want to tear the existing community apart. Our political program is to destroy politics. In order to do that, we have to push the subversive tendencies that exist today until we have completely remade society everywhere. This has at times been called “revolution”.

"So we’re in a war—a class war."

Yeah, war implies violence... so there will be more violence.

In my other post I said: "It looks to me like someone took images from www.prole.info
and then added their own material to it. "

But I was wrong about that!! All of the material is from that webpage.

edit on 13-12-2011 by BlueBanshee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
It's a good thing they oppose guns and hate the NRA, otherwise them there varmints would already be going off like Yosemite Sam.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

What makes you figure that? Lots of gun owners at the one in my town. They have never taken a stance on guns. You are just talking out of your @$$.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I think it's very dangerous to take the opinions and words of one activist and apply them to an entire movement.

Every OWS protest I have seen has been strongly against any violence. It's not always for a noble reason, because they understand that footage of a peaceful protester being attacked by a heavily armed and protected thug in uniform does more for their movement than anything else.

The more peaceful they are, in the face of police brutality, the more people who were undecided and uninterested get angry and feel the urge to support them. It's worked so far and instances of excessive force by the police have gained them a lot of media attention and increased support too.

As mentioned here, the economic situation is not improving, and it is increasingly affecting the social structure of all our nations. As those who were against or indifferent to OWS are impacted through the loss of their pension, their job, their home, they'll have nothing to do but accept that OWS was right, and that they were on the wrong side.

The naive and ignorant people will eventually be forced to wake up to the realities when the collapse of their economy actually hurts them. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out when the republicans and right-wingers are also suddenly unemployed and attending soup kitchens. Will they be so arrogant and ignorant toward OWS when it's their own ass on the line? I think not.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Ha, how convenient, now you are trying to take someone who happens to be less than 1% of the ninety niners and claim they represent the entire OWS movement.
Want a bunch of crock pal, nice try but that ain't no typical occupier.

I'm sure that guy in that first video has attended more Tea Parties than OWS events.
First, he ain't no hippy
Second, he looks more of the militia type which means he probably scared the hell out of most of the OWS hippies at that event.
Third, this guy is a much bigger fan of the 2nd Amendment, so assembling and protesting is secondary, he said so himself.
Fourth, this guy would never wear a Che t-shirt.
Fifth, I don't think this guy would defacate in public. In the woods maybe but not in full public view.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join