It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Anyone Still Taking OWS Seriously?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The occupy movement was a great experience for me overall. This is the first protest I've encountered that goes against the things I personally dislike. (Fed., corporations, wall street) I personally think the movement shoud have been "occupy the fed" or "end the fed". The fed was the one we were suppose to go after.
edit on 13-12-2011 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Man I would love to see one thread where someone doesn't bring up Hitler. He wasn't the only bad guy in history. Legal and illegal do much more than what you have stated.

not here. injustice is allowed freely...if you have the money. 7.7 trillion dollars to the fat cat bankers, but then they expect others to pay them? after being bailed out by every day americans (against our will), people are still forced out of their homes. you call that justice? legal perhaps, but not right.

the time to protest against what our nation is doing is now. its the RIGHT thing to do, no matter if the corrupt government signs some paper saying its illegal.

every government should strive to bring "legal" and "illegal" closer to right and wrong, but now there is only profit.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by Domo1

Man I would love to see one thread where someone doesn't bring up Hitler. He wasn't the only bad guy in history. Legal and illegal do much more than what you have stated.

not here. injustice is allowed freely...if you have the money. 7.7 trillion dollars to the fat cat bankers, but then they expect others to pay them? after being bailed out by every day americans (against our will), people are still forced out of their homes. you call that justice? legal perhaps, but not right.

the time to protest against what our nation is doing is now. its the RIGHT thing to do, no matter if the corrupt government signs some paper saying its illegal.

every government should strive to bring "legal" and "illegal" closer to right and wrong, but now there is only profit.

Yes. This reminded me of something I hear on am 640...
"what's good for the economy isn't good politically and what's traditionally good politically isn't good for the economy" -some guy

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

exactly. it doesn't make any sense. the bankers and wall street got greedy, but they were "too big to fail" so, against what the people wanted, they were "bailed out" with enough money for each person in america to get $25,000. they took the money and put it in their pockets.

they were bailed out on our dollar, but then they turn around and say "you still owe us". it's the other way around, and its time they knew that.

sadly, peaceful protest will not be enough. "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-thomas jefferson

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Care to elaborate upon that please?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jaymp

In our current era the blood of tyrants is in the form of money and the blood of patriots is spilled by the hand of the tyrants (police force). We are already spilling the blood of both why need weapons too?

“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?” ~ Thomas Jefferson

Now we can argue about whether the resistance Jefferson was talking about back then meant armed resistance or peaceful resistance. Either way it does not matter because today peaceful resistance (at least in the USA) is the only way to go for now. As a last resort for our protection we have the 2nd amendment.

“The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

As far as the question of the original post goes; it is evident that from this thread getting so many comments in around 24 hours it is being taken seriously. Why else would people talk about something if it were unimportant? Do you like giving attention to unimportant things? I for one do not. You have acknowledged that some things have been accomplished. Good things take time, not instant gratification anymore.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

exactly. it doesn't make any sense. the bankers and wall street got greedy, but they were "too big to fail" so, against what the people wanted, they were "bailed out" with enough money for each person in america to get $25,000. they took the money and put it in their pockets.

they were bailed out on our dollar, but then they turn around and say "you still owe us". it's the other way around, and its time they knew that.

sadly, peaceful protest will not be enough. "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-thomas jefferson

Yes this reminds me of a quote...
"When peaceful protest becomes impossible, violence Is inevitable."- JFK
I don't think too much will be accomplished in a peaceful protest now a days.

"Their is 2 ways to conquer and enslave a country. One by sword and one by debt" -unsure. Thomas or adams?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Occupy what?

Yeah, time those low-life's moved on and got a job.

The rest of us need to get back on our knees and worship at the altar of our corporate gods before they turn the taps off on us, for good, and leave us to die, like the useless eaters we all are.

Remember what Kennedy said in his great address to the corporate citizens:

Ask not what your country can do for you! Ask what you can steal from your country!

What a world...

edit on 13-12-2011 by Nyteskye because: grammar

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
On the surface the "Occupy" movement is about the ills of Wall Street and our banking system. At the core is the Spirit of a movement that is grasping at what "post-civilization" means. Fortunate for us the movement is not rooted in an ideology of force. Force against the establishment begats force. Now Power vs Force brings down empires and monolithic thinking as seen with such people as Gandhi, MLK and Jesus of Nazareth if he did indeed exist. The Occupy movement does not see a "Mad Max" apocalyptic post civilization in which case you should be happy. Those seeing only with the monolithic monocle of the current system see the failure of civilization being "nasty, brutish and short." The Occupy movement sees nothing less than the potential for the evolution of Humanity outside of Darwinism. The potential to rise above biology has yet to Truly be explored by our species. NOT a political movement! Post-politics, post-economics, post-society; that which transcends monolithic schools of thought. We can sit back and drink our name brand coffee in the morning, continue doing our 40 hours a week, drinking in the media that has ended and chastising people fed up and no longer willing to play the "game" or we can seize this moment and evolve beyond it. All is yet to be determined by non-other than YOU. Self determination is scary and it is easier to criticize change than "be the change you want to see in the world." I encourage you to stop acting like hall room monitors and Hitlers Junge for the system and rise above this failed system. Start visualizing if not Creating post-civilization Now which can rise above the bull sh@# SHTF scenarios so frequently spelled out on ATS.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

you can't look at it that way.
look at it this way.

julian assange "inspired" wael ghonim.
wael ghonim "inspired" google.
google "inspired" fake arab spring.
fake arab spring "inspired" OWS.
OWS "inspired" russian commies.
and so on and so forth.

next stop?
iran. syria. china. indonesia.
wherever hitlary clinton decides.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherSon

you, sir, are a bit stupid.
also, thanks for bringing hitler into the convo.
that surely will get you very far.

lol.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I thought ows was interesting at first, however it's time to stop these silly occupations. It's just giving protesting a bad name at this point.

edit on 13-12-2011 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by psyop911
reply to post by Domo1

you can't look at it that way.
look at it this way.

julian assange "inspired" wael ghonim.
wael ghonim "inspired" google.
google "inspired" fake arab spring.
fake arab spring "inspired" OWS.
OWS "inspired" russian commies.
and so on and so forth.

next stop?
iran. syria. china. indonesia.
wherever hitlary clinton decides.

can you please explain to me what any of this actually means?
oh, without calling me stupid like you just did to anotherson, please?
who, let me just add, had some great points. this whole damn mess is going to collapse one way or another.
doesn't matter who anyone compares any other person to, were still going to have to find a way to move forward.
or lie in the dust eternal.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Why would anyone... When whoever went to these protest's, did not accomplish anything...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

you, sir, are a bit stupid.
also, thanks for bringing hitler into the convo.
that surely will get you very far.

lol.

Never-mind that I also brought in such jack asses as Gandhi, MLK, Locke, Darwin, and George Bernard Shaw... just to spell it out for you genius again in literal terms.
edit on 13-12-2011 by AnotherSon because: Emphasis on literal for the genius and added Darwin too as they only saw HITLER in the post

edit on 13-12-2011 by AnotherSon because: Whoops, forgot the Christ for said genius.

edit on 13-12-2011 by AnotherSon because: The small print apparently is where the gold lies < pun intended >

edit on 13-12-2011 by AnotherSon because: For a brief moment - I thought you might be jesting - in Haiku, but NO

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by decepticonLaura

oh, sorry, hello kitty. you don't want someone on teh interwebs calling you "stupid"
because that might hurt your feelings, right? seriously? lol. that's just way too funny.

anywho. if you've been sleeping under the rock for the past year, maybe it's
tiem for you to wake up, skippy. read my post again. and again. and again.
maybe, but just maybe, you'll get it. and maybe you won't. either way,
ask yourself. where were all those "intellectuals" and those ows drones
on the 10th anniversary of 9/11.

yeah, skippy.
tiddly-doo.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

reply to post by decepticonLaura

oh, sorry, hello kitty. you don't want someone on teh interwebs calling you "stupid"
because that might hurt your feelings, right? seriously? lol. that's just way too funny.

anywho. if you've been sleeping under the rock for the past year, maybe it's
tiem for you to wake up, skippy. read my post again. and again. and again.
maybe, but just maybe, you'll get it. and maybe you won't. either way,
ask yourself. where were all those "intellectuals" and those ows drones
on the 10th anniversary of 9/11.

yeah, skippy.
tiddly-doo.

purrr...purrr
edit on 13-12-2011 by AnotherSon because: < I > see you

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
To the OP
democracy and freedom of speech should ALWAYS be respected
Even if it's just a single freak on a loudspeaker down the street

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

YOU called those fine people (mlk, gandhi etc) "jackarses", skippy, not me.

also, i called YOU an idiot for bringing hitler into the equation because it's
obvious you and your OWS drones are aware that people are onto you
and that el momentum avec zeitgeist (inspired by fake arab spring, sponsored
by none other than bloody google corporation, i might add) is fading slowly but
steadily into obscurity (just like julian assange). so now all of a sudden anyone
who doesn't (like a sheep) vehemently support OWS "oh, well, they must be evil"
or some hysterical (due to fakeness) bull# you and your google-twitter sponsored
drones are spewing in this brand new spin slash propaganda slash psyop for the
dumbed-down masses called OWS.

don't be fake, and you won't need pr.
skippy.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

what's the matter, "revolutionist"?
hair got caught in your mouth because someone mentioned 9/11?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join