It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is US Minimum Wage really $7.25?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
reply to post by theovermensch

You have yet to define how Walmart is a monopoly.

Are they the only producer/seller of their products?

Do they have no competition?

I disagree with Walmart with my wallet. What is stopping you?

Edit to add:
You have great passion, now back it up with details.
edit on 10-12-2011 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

Wal Mart forces out smaller competition or drives up costs thereby solidying its place as the only affordable supplier of goods to most people in the community. That is how.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by steppenwolf86
reply to post by notquiteright

www.forbes.com...
But, in fact, most minimum wage earners are not actually trying to support a family on a single minimum wage income, or at least they don’t have to do so for long. Under 5% of the US wage earners make the minimum wage or less, which means that since wage earners only represent a bit over half the total work force (the rest are paid a fixed salary), those who earn the minimum wage make up less than 3% of the total work force. Of these, more than half are under 25 or over 70, and many who earn a minimum wage have other jobs or other family members who works.

also: www.getrichslowly.org...
(End of quotes, now me talking)

If you want to raise minimum wage, force walmart to allow their employees to form a union. In fact, I would argue that in states without right to work laws, unions actually keep employees from earning more money. Instead of being promoted or given a raise on merit alone, you are forced to join a union and make more money only after you put in enough time(and pay enough monthly dues).
edit on 10-12-2011 by steppenwolf86 because: (no reason given)

Quoting this post just to clear up some retardation from the OP.

People who live on minimum wage in the US, are high school and college students. Not actual working tax payers. Again, its the minimum wage....not the maximum wage. You do rise up fairly quickly in the income department here. Especially if you have a college degree.

As for the OPs claim that you can get $1k a week for picking berries in australia...Good for you guys! You dont have a southern border with Mexico...Which brings me to another point, illegal aliens do depress wages with certain jobs, like picking berries.

Im not to familiar with the Australian system, and how many hours are worked per week basis. And how that would translate into an entire year basis. I do know that the average American actually makes more than the average Australian in median income, per capita GDP income (ppp) and Gross national income.

Now, that is not to say that we do not have our issues in this country. Not everything is rose colored and clear cut. However, I've read several posts in this thread, and posts from people who have likely never been to the US...that have been quite cringe worthy. Suffice to say that many people here are extrapolating out their own misfortunes as if they speak for 310 million other people. I literally know no one who lives on a minimum wage salary. My mother and father both are quite wealth individuals, both own their own separate businesses bringing in a combined $500K annually. I myself am a 25 year old engineer making over $100K after working my ass off in college.

The moral is, if you work hard, get your act together, and do what needs to be done, you can make a # ton of money in this country. So quit making excuses and get out there and "do it".

edit on 10-12-2011 by xlb40 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by e11888

Once upon a time America was the apple of the world's eye. We we're a well educated people and mass produced everything from cars to steel. A man could not only be respected for working hard but could also feed his entire family on a single salary. Today women call it an equal right to kill their unborn children when it should be called what it is: murder. Its seen as equal treatmen that both the man and the woman must now work to earn the same salary a single income brought in the 50s. This should be called slavery... but then again its okay because the state can raise your children. Afterall, this was the purpose of the feminist movement. To destroy the family while making the female sex of the species a slave to the state instead of her husband. There was never an equal medium.

We are slaves without the constant whip to our back. We are criminals until proven innocent. We are cowards labeled brave. We are rednecks and idiots. A nation built on religious freedom with the inability to call a Christmas tree by its name. From dont tread on me to use me as a door mat. We have become domesticated to the point that our founding fathers would sooner spit on us than lift a finger to defend us. We are a stupid, lazy and sheepish people. The blind being lead by the stupid. A country that drops bombs on others in the name of domocratic freedom. We are Rome as the fiddle sounds once more.

Those that dont know history are doomed to repeat it. I hate the scum and corrupt that have ruined this once great nation along with the media sell outs that should be labeled traitors.

Things involving women tend to start being called 'evil' when they try to obtain the right to self determination, and thus are not eligible to be property for men

No person should belong to another for any reason.

I think James Morrow's quote, " 'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism. it's an argument against foxholes." is a prudent comparison.

Saying that allowing someone the basic right of physical and emotional self determination is 'anti-family' just shows you how warped and disgusting your view of family happens to be. Humans did not always care for the elderly and infirm. Humans also used to sacrifice people, and rape/pillage a conquered nation.

That something has been done for a long time does not give it any moral or intellectual authority. If that were the case then we would still be treating the humors, amputating broken limbs, and feeding disliked minorities to hungry wildlife.

So, your argument fails, and I hope you are never allowed to inflict that sort of disgusting mindset be it your spouse (or chair, since that is property as well) or children

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asgardian
Bitching about $7.25/hour ?

Here in Portugal the Minimum Wage it's 2.5€/hour (450€/Month) ^^

Just curious: what is the cost of living comparison between the United States and Portugal?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sean
reply to post by cloaked4u

Temp agencies need to be outlawed. It gives employers a way to not pay benefits or be held liable for anything. Which tells you a lot about the companies integrity. The temp agency has this gimmick where they tell you that they are going to give you benefits after 3 months. Guess what happens after that 3 months? You get the boot! Very few ever get hired on perm. So now you're out looking for work with no unemployment benefits. You go to the employment office and a lot of the jobs there are temp agency jobs! Then the employment office workers there wonder why you have a crappy work history. They all come out smelling like a rose while your health and way of life diminishes.

Agreed. Companies also need to be responsible for the companies they subcontract to. I'll use Wal-Mar as an examplet: it has staff that it can guarantee as United States citizens, and is responsible for workplace compliance for stuff like OSHA, breaks during the workday, worker's comp, and general safety stuff. So they try to be sneaky about some tasks such as maintenance.

So say there is a remodeling. A company like Wal-Mart starts looking for contractors, and takes the lowest bid it can get. It's pretty obvious that those contractors cannot pay an American citizen after wage costs and profit margins. Sometimes they will hire a contractor who subcontracts to another, and possibly another. Wal-Mart then gets plausible dependability or things like adherence to the minimum wage, workplace safety, worker's comp, and break/lunch period standards that the government sets. Wal-Mart intentionally doesn't ask questions beyond what they'll pay their contracted company.

If they're busted for hiring undocumented workers, unsafe working practices, etc then Wal-Mart can say they don't know and get away with it. So they try to absolve themselves of culpability by intentional ignorance. It's a morally repugnant legal loophole, and the only person who really suffers in the end are the undocumented workers who are pretty much slaves, and the locals in that area who weren't hired because they could not legally employ Americans at those wage levels. The public is then encouraged to blame the dastardly meth cooking illegal immigrant rapist with 50 DUIs who is 'stealing' jobs from locals when in fact the companies and legal system are at fault.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukepineisland
Sorry if this is redundant , this is off salon.com; www.salon.com...

In short it says that the six Waltons( like the number of fingers on your hand plus one.) running the WALLY world empire are worth the bottom 30% of americans ( many of whom work for wal mart at minimum wage, and are cut off at 32 hrs a week so as not to be eligible for benefits .)

I used to work at wal mart doing overnight stock and truck unloading in cape coral FL about ten years ago, and one of my pasttimes while waiting for my ride in the morning was to sit up front by the registers pull my pay stub out of my wallet and look at it while the morning crowd was filing in and out and listen to the beeping that occurred several thousand times a minute. NONSTOP as long as I'd sit there (my rides were not punctual usually) I could literally hear the waltons getting richer. Every beep is a item being rang up, made possible nearly entirely by cheap oil in one form or another. Which the u.s taxpayer pays dearly for in many different ways.

Now that was one of their stores there is about 9000 thousand of them in the u.s , next time you are in the neighborhood of one of them. Stop in and do the same sit up front and close your eyes and listen to the beeping and imagine the same frequency and amount of beeping multiplied by almost ten thousand (practically every cashier doing the check out is damn sure making the min. wage),and know the fastest way for a wally world employee to lose their job is to merely mention the most evil word known to the waltons .

UNION.

The people I worked with were for the most part great(some crazy ones and turds) and for many of them working overnight was a second job , and every time the end of the month came up I'd say about half of the folks I worked with really started sweating the bills coming up. One co-worker and a friend Steve had three jobs "one for each kid." he'd say , his youngest was always sick and he could barely keep his head above water , except for his one day a week off ,the most sleep he got was on our two fifteen minute breaks and a half an hour lunch.

Long story short , one day near the end of our first 15 minute break , I woke Steve up to go clock back in and he looked up at me with just a total look of defeat in his eyes. Holy crap did that put a fire in my belly, I turned into Wal marts overnight anarchist and rabble rouser . I was no model employee prior to that but I was one of the faster throwers(the guy in truck loading the stuff on the line to be sorted) Steve believe or not, was the fastest thrower. I was damn sure in terms of cases per hour one of their best stockers.

I was 19 years old no kids and damn cheap rent at the time and the economy was booming there at the time so I figured I'll start saying what Steve ( or many others) could not afford to, it took about two weeks of speaking nothing but the truth to lose my job.

Steve ended up leaving wal mart to work on a oil rig half the globe away from his family doing dangerous work just so his family had enough get by, when I said goodbye to him it was pretty tough emotionally and I said to him to add a little levity "Just think Steve the hardest thing a walton had to go through this year was picking the color on their fourth helicopter."
He laughed hard ,shook his head we goodbyed for the last time .

did they show you that ridiculous anti-union video during your orientation? I was trying really hard to keep from busting out laughing (especially because of all the token minorities.) The scary thing is when I made a joke about it later to one of the new hires I was with they didn't understand what I meant and bought the spiel hook, line, and sinker.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by d1g1talgangster
If you raise minimum wage, the company has to bear the burden of that cost. They surely are not going to pass that burden onto their shareholders or ceo, so where does it go? It is applied to their product, thereby driving up prices for the consumer whose minimum wage raise has now been made void by..well, their minimum wage raise.

Ha, I tried telling these morons that before, but it is just too far over their heads.

Evil corporations!

Cut housing costs!

More money for poor people!

Gawd.

But if you abolish those safeguards then what keeps companies from shifting back to a redux of The Jungle?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

You have yet to define how Walmart is a monopoly.

Are they the only producer/seller of their products?

Do they have no competition?

I disagree with Walmart with my wallet. What is stopping you?

Edit to add:
You have great passion, now back it up with details.
edit on 10-12-2011 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

It's very obvious that Wal-Mart has no serious competitors. The fact that you can bring in any ad, and as long as the quoted price is for in-store purchases, and they will match it.

Wal-Mart has a stranglehold on a good bit of the market. Several years ago Wal-Mart pressured Rubbermaid into lowering their selling price (and thus their wages and benefits.) Rubbermaid refused, and Wal-Mart quickly switched to Sterilite who at the time were a relatively unknown brand manufactured overseas. Rubbermaid went from being a company that had great benefits, good wages, and kept most of their production in the United Statses; however, a company like Rubbermaid cannot afford to be blocked from the largest retail chain in America. Rubbermaid had to give in: wages were cut, people fired, and more production was put overseas.

Having a single chain effectively decide what products are exposed to the average American is crazy. Wal-Mart is like any other monopoly, only instead of being a sole maker of physical goods they are the most significant arbiter of what is available to consumers. If that isn't a monopoly then I don't know what is.

en.wikipedia.org...

This was a synopsis I remembered reading in the book Deer Hunting With Jesus, but it's packed away so I can't detail page numbers.
edit on 11/12/11 by Equidae because: added article

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

It is, but exactly. There is a Federal minimum wage, and a state minimum wage. I live in MA and the minimum wage here is over $8 an hour, not sure the exact amount. But I don't think that really says a whole lot, I work for a company where people make their own pay, based on piece work. Many people make over $20 an hour, or I should say, many people there have the ability to make over $20 an hour, but when it comes down to it, people here don't want to have to work to make their money, they feel better taking money and benefits from the system, rather than bettering themselves and taking care of their families, or at least that's been my experience in life.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by xlb40

www.forbes.com...
But, in fact, most minimum wage earners are not actually trying to support a family on a single minimum wage income, or at least they don’t have to do so for long. Under 5% of the US wage earners make the minimum wage or less, which means that since wage earners only represent a bit over half the total work force (the rest are paid a fixed salary), those who earn the minimum wage make up less than 3% of the total work force. Of these, more than half are under 25 or over 70, and many who earn a minimum wage have other jobs or other family members who works.

also: www.getrichslowly.org...
(End of quotes, now me talking)

If you want to raise minimum wage, force walmart to allow their employees to form a union. In fact, I would argue that in states without right to work laws, unions actually keep employees from earning more money. Instead of being promoted or given a raise on merit alone, you are forced to join a union and make more money only after you put in enough time(and pay enough monthly dues).
edit on 10-12-2011 by steppenwolf86 because: (no reason given)

Quoting this post just to clear up some retardation from the OP.

People who live on minimum wage in the US, are high school and college students. Not actual working tax payers. Again, its the minimum wage....not the maximum wage. You do rise up fairly quickly in the income department here. Especially if you have a college degree.

As for the OPs claim that you can get $1k a week for picking berries in australia...Good for you guys! You dont have a southern border with Mexico...Which brings me to another point, illegal aliens do depress wages with certain jobs, like picking berries.

Im not to familiar with the Australian system, and how many hours are worked per week basis. And how that would translate into an entire year basis. I do know that the average American actually makes more than the average Australian in median income, per capita GDP income (ppp) and Gross national income.

Now, that is not to say that we do not have our issues in this country. Not everything is rose colored and clear cut. However, I've read several posts in this thread, and posts from people who have likely never been to the US...that have been quite cringe worthy. Suffice to say that many people here are extrapolating out their own misfortunes as if they speak for 310 million other people. I literally know no one who lives on a minimum wage salary. My mother and father both are quite wealth individuals, both own their own separate businesses bringing in a combined $500K annually. I myself am a 25 year old engineer making over $100K after working my ass off in college.

The moral is, if you work hard, get your act together, and do what needs to be done, you can make a # ton of money in this country. So quit making excuses and get out there and "do it".

It is retardation if you think that breaking up unions will raise wages.

And yeah it is good for us that unskilled labour is worth so much in Australia.

And did you read the posts from from all the people that are working hard and getting nowhere? You shouldnt insult them by suggesting they havent worked hard. And "misfortunes" as you call them are not excuses. Your country is in alot of trouble. The unemployment is way too high so your argument(or someone elses you stole) about the percentage of people on minimum wage and how long they are on it is just retardation. There are not enough jobs. Working hard and going to college doesnt ensure employment. It doesnt ensure well paid employment. There are plenty of collge educated people in your country that are not employed and are unable to repay student loans. You dont have a job because you worked hard it is because you are fortunate. You remind me of the start of The Great Gatsby.

Anyway,the moral is you dont know what you are talking about and you dont speak for 310 million other people. The reality is that you are quite "cringe worthy". If you think you are making a "# ton" of money you are mistaken. Bus Drivers make that much in Milwaukee my friend. Truck drivers.

Just because you think you are better than others does not make it true.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by xlb40

I'm not sure what part of the US you live in but where I am from many people here are adults 18+ and working minimum wage jobs because they have to. There are no good jobs within 50 miles from here because of cuts and small businesses shutting down.

I personally have the nice piece of paper that allows me a higher pay rate at a decent job but it's useless atm. I don't care what college degrees people have, outside of being a doctor or lawyer you might find yourself unemployed and collecting government assistance.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
But I did some looking around and the cost of living is higher in Australia so it evens out or is better. I see basic apartments renting at $ 700 per WEEK where in America, we can get the same type of places for that much per MONTH.

That is way above average. I live in Golden Grove and rent a 3 bedroom house for $280 per week. 1.52kw solar system and all.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I am in Norway and here i am getting 160 NOK/hour for normal register. Minimum is 125 nok/hour and goes til 180/nok for normal jobs. good jobs gets you double more then 400NOK/Hour, 1USD=5.78 NOK now, so it means we get around 25 USD as minimum salary but we pay highest tax but with excellent social benefits.
I am renting a small house with 1 master bed (second bed room is so small that i am using it as store). Paying 7000kr= 1200 USD + electricity
edit on 11-12-2011 by facebook because: house rent mentioned

edit on 11-12-2011 by facebook because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
my family and i moved to Australia this year and now im making over $20 an hour. Im scottish and when i worked back home i was getting paid about £4 an hour so now i feel very wealthy... what i have noticed is everything is slightly more expensive but thats why we get paid more i guess.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by xlb40

Xlb, have you ever lived in the real world? Your arguments make no sense. You cannot survive on minimum wage without government assistance unless you're the single adult who wants to limit their food to ramen, Easy Mac, and Mountain Dew for the rest of your life. Thus begins the drift towards medical conditions. God forbid you develop a serious illness, have a new kid, get in a wreck, whatever. There are areas in the United States that rank behind third world countries.

I'm fortunate to never have had to get government aid, but many of my friend's families back home (and in most areas of the country.) Their parents were some of the hardest working people I've ever met. Many had two jobs, and some would commute as far as two hours away. Even then if they didn't get government assistance then they wouldn't be able to keep their head above water. Several of my friend's families had to deal with letting some of the utilities get shut off so they can get food and medicine.

I would like to see you go into like Appalachia and tell them that they're lazy and need to get a job. News flash: there aren't enough jobs to go around, and most of them don't pay anything near what you would. Now imagine having to support a family (unless you deem them too lazy to be allowed children.) If you offered them a decent wage then they would jump for it. Poverty isn't fun, and even if you had two minimum wage jobs and all the available assistance you till would not be driving around in a BMW before kicking back to play some outrageously expensive game system on your 3D HDTV.

I pay a pretty decent amount of taxes, but I am happy to provide that net to keep you from slipping in between the tracks. For all I know I may need that one day. You[] just might need it one day. Poverty is a cycle, and it can be very difficult to escape from.

If I were you I'd stop spending all day greedily counting money while ranting about the pittance that the poor get, , and venture outside so you can hopefully develop some compassion for humanity. I'd also take a look at the book Nickel and by Barbara Dimed Ehrenreich so you can get a reminder about the other half (though I'd say it's more like the other 95% these days) lives.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Equidae

Oh yeah they did ! The guido looking guy popping out of the shoe isle "Hey buddy you ever hear about a unions" and yeah a shocking number of people I worked with didn't get it either and goobled the propaganda right up.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nukepineisland
reply to post by Equidae

Oh yeah they did ! The guido looking guy popping out of the shoe isle "Hey buddy you ever hear about a unions" and yeah a shocking number of people I worked with didn't get it either and goobled the propaganda right up.

Yep, I made a joke about how cliche and one sided it was and everyone else were saying, "I don't want them to take my money!1!" And yet they wonder why it's so hard to go full time or a raise.*facepalm* That's why I don't trust any of these companies to offer a fair wadge if we no longer had a minimum wage. I wish there was a law that requires a politician to live off the amount he's trying cut it to. I also think that if you vote to send us to war then someone in your family has to go also. Wishful thinking, but I'm sure we wouldn't have another version of what happened to Iraq if it were in place

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by theovermensch

It is retardation if you think that breaking up unions will raise wages.

Firstly, unions are not being "broken up". What is happening to public unions is necessary for states to get their budgets under control. Secondly, public unions are not the same thing as private unions. The fact that you cannot differentiate between the two tells me you dont really know what you're talking about.

And yeah it is good for us that unskilled labour is worth so much in Australia.

I've already addressed this. Additionally, because of the pay and costs there, Australia is actually starting to import more foods than they produce.
www.heraldsun.com.au...

And did you read the posts from from all the people that are working hard and getting nowhere?

I would bet that the majority of individuals here are 18-25...hardly the type of pool from witch to draw accurate data. Additionally, this is a conspiracy message board...If your perspective is derived from the posts you've read here, then your perception is incredibly skewed.

You shouldnt insult them by suggesting they havent worked hard. And "misfortunes" as you call them are not excuses

Perhaps they have, perhaps they have not. Unless you know them personally, that really isn't your place to say. I see it all the time, people gripe about things, yet would rather seek a handout than work their ass off to actually achieve something. Afterall, people have this self entitled attitude. "I deserve a good paying job" but they just expect it to fall in their laps. In the real world, this rarely ever happens. You have to work for a good paying job...Not sit around on a conspiracy message board telling everyone why your life sucks so bad. Interesting that these individuals still have access to internet and likely other luxuries whilst bitching about their "misfortune".

Your country is in alot of trouble. The unemployment is way too high so your argument(or someone elses you stole) about the percentage of people on minimum wage and how long they are on it is just retardation.

I don't deny facts...so I did not steal an argument, rather I reinforced it. Or is it acceptable for you to live in ignorance?

Every country is in a lot of "trouble". Australia is in trouble due to a ballooning property/real estate bubble, and its over dependence on China (Which is in trouble itself).

And I agree, unemployment is incredibly high. However, as I have two parents who own their own small businesses, I have a unique insight that you do not. The reason why people are not hiring right now, has more to do with the uncertainty on taxes, Health care reform, and the gridlock we see in Washington going into the 2012 presidential election. Also, demand worldwide is down. The euro is in big trouble, and the EU is heading towards breakup. Right now, the world economy is sick.

Anyway,the moral is you dont know what you are talking about and you dont speak for 310 million other people. The reality is that you are quite "cringe worthy". If you think you are making a "# ton" of money you are mistaken. Bus Drivers make that much in Milwaukee my friend. Truck drivers.

Just because you think you are better than others does not make it true.

I make six figures as an engineer. And I find it hilarious that you think a small amount of overpaid bus drivers in Milwaukee is an acceptable counter argument. If anything, it shows just how bad the public has been screwed over by public unions.

Speaking of cringe worthiness, do you have anything of substance to add, rather than the illiterate views/arguments you displayed?
edit on 11-12-2011 by xlb40 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2011 by xlb40 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Another at bat who is about to strike out.

Originally posted by Equidae
reply to post by xlb40

You cannot survive on minimum wage

You were never meant to "survive" on minimum wage.

Thus begins the drift towards medical conditions. God forbid you develop a serious illness, have a new kid, get in a wreck, whatever. There are areas in the United States that rank behind third world countries.

I suppose this comes from your vast experience and knowledge of living in third world nations...lol

It is absolutely absurd for you it incline that a nation that is ranked 4th in human development index (tied third with the Netherlands) is somehow ranked BEHIND third world countries...when that clearly doesn't match reality.
hdrstats.undp.org...

Again, this is not to say that everyone is well off. I do understand that not everyone is as "blessed" or lucky as me. However, the people who are in poverty in this country have it quite well compared to third world nations.
www.heritage.org...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I disagree... the union is worthless and does nothing... If I am ever in charge the unions will get what is called a reality check...

I will push to remove all ability of any federal workers to further unionize, end collective bargaining, and due to the budget cut the wages... you have the privilege of being government workers it is not a right...

Any union that wants to survive will have to publically disclose 100 percent all books... and what they charge...

They are nothing more then rackets...

Due to first hand experience I find in favor of walmarts policies... I will remove the rights of all unions to exist and the laws that force members to join...

You see I will change my opinion when they pay me back all my fees I paid in and the money they where supposed to fix... they did not stick up for me... They left me behind on pay issue to "maintain the relationship with corporate

Well years later this is going to cost you any rights to exist with any ability to interfere in the markets...

The reason over an extra five dollars an hour....

three months-
5 dollars x 40 hours x 2 checks a week x 3 months

1200 dollars

times interest at 3 percent per quarter compound

2007 to 2011.... 15 quarters

1200 dollars times 3 percent 1236

and so on till

with compound interest is

So until I am paid this forget em... they do nothing at all to help people it is a parasite trying to kill a host...

My case study is very simple... I point to Detroit for which we have the union to thank for the vacancies... years of bribing the local officials has killed a once proud city...

Shame on you union shame....

So why point to the union and minimum wage... this is what the thread has gone to and the union pretty much got those min wage at 20 roughly... I again point to Detroit...

Picture a twenty dollar an hour wage....

Picture all you think wrongly you will buy with this money....

Got that picture...

Good because it is only a dream... wages artificially inflated and it leads to.... Detroit is the unions plan for America.... they will take everything from you in taxes... remember Detroit is what you get when you trade security for protection...

and remember I was democrat....

In conclusion the simplest way to put this...

To heal America the unions as they are have to be gutted their money seized for the good of homeless cats...

Or they have to evolve to talent agencies......

You dont break their power you will be a slave....

Minimum wages are artificial inflation and bad for America...

edit on 11-12-2011 by ripcontrol because: because freedom isnt free... but security is

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join