It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What have you done to change the world today?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

2012 Elections

I posted the entire Bill of Rights and asked that everyone please familiarize themselves with it before we go vote next November and why it's so important. Political yeah I know, but it's also a reality check in the right direction IMO

This is a great thread

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I try to give 3 complements to people every day. It may not do much, but it is good to see said person smile for a moment and it is even better if it lifts their self-esteem.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Dam that's nice of you....I however have not done anything that I can remember to save the world today, in fact the verdict is still up in the air on whether this world is in need of saving, or really if it is even worth saving.....No really the verdict literally is up in the air.

Oh wait! I did give some of my coworkers some of my sandwiches today, nothing big the dollar meal menu ones. My broke ass can't afford much else..
However that will not save the world, not by a long shot....But still it was a nice thing to do.

Save the world....Save the world.... Interesting, we shall see...Isn't that the judges job? You know the anunnaki . Lazy ass buggers somebody needs to blow a couple of them into the next thousand dimensions then maybe they will do there job.

But I agree with what mileslong54 said on page 1. The world does not need saving, it was here long before humans were around, and it will be here long after humans are gone....So really spaceship earth needs no saving at all, none whatsoever, the little critters on it though....That's another matter altogether.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I have found that smiling to others can be the best gift
edit on 8-12-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I did something yesterday out of the ordinary. Good post BTW.

So....I went to the liquor store and the man before me was obviously drying out and in dire need for a drink. He was short of change to get his full. He wanted two pints, but was short.

Yes, I paid for it. My reasoning was that I did not want him to go begging for change and get back on the road to get another pint. Let him get his fill and pass out and not kill anyone on the road or kill himself.

Additionally, when alcoholics run out of their blood lifestyle.......they can go quickly into cardiac arrest.

So yes......I supported an alcoholic to get through another day. Hope he is alright.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
i saved a ton of money on my car insurance

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I posted this on another thread and said be careful what you wish for:

www.youtube.com...
The video is/was not about black and white.

The message is a little harsher.

Careful.

The ignition button has gone to new levels. Remember to NOT push the button and THEN say or WHAT?

Know the answer first.

Consequences? Anarchy?

I want no part of anarchy. The consequences to anarchy will only accelerate new world order.

Or is that what you really wanted? Who ya working for?

I'm just asking before I make commitments. I don't want to be guilty by association by a lot of groups out there. Pick one.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Originally posted by unworldly

The world is not worth saving. Humanity is a lost cause. The concept of a civilized society is laughable; there isn't one. I interact with the world around me as exceedingly little as possible. All of you can continue to destroy each other.

Sounds like you've got battle scars too. I'm with you, tired of getting set back by those kicking their own asses.

but kudos to you scorpiogirl, extremely nice gesture. I may pass it along soon just for fun.

bad day here... discovered my car got hit in the krogers parking lot, just hit, no one left a note or anything.
Left a few bucks for the nice salvation army guy though if that counts.
of course, that was before I saw my car...

edit on 8-12-2011 by horseplay because: kudos

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

I don't agree..if I have some cash on me and believe me I see plenty of homeless people all around here..I give it.

I don't care what they do with it..buy cigarettes/booze/drugs doesn't matter..I gave it from my heart to help that person..I can not be concerned with how they chose to spend it. At the bank last Friday and homeless man yelled out to anyone who could hear him..can I wash your windows..would you like to buy these wash cloths 3 for a 1$

I waved at him and he came over to my car and I handed him the 4 bucks I had in my wallet..he showed me his wash cloths..I told him I'll take the Batman one, he said no you get all 3 for a dollar..I said "that's okay I don't need more" he insisted he wash my windows..which he did..he did a good job too and then want back to his spot and called out to other bank customers to check out his wares.

My friend by this time had come out of the bank and I told him about the man with the wash cloths..how he wanted to earn some money..he wasn't asking for a hand out..and it impressed me..he said " call him over"

So I waved to the man and he came to the car and my friend took 10.00$ from his wallet and handed it to him..he wanted to bring his shopping cart to the car so we could look through it..we said no worries we have to get going and left the bank. I waved good-buy to the homeless man, and we drove off..I don't know what he will do the 14.00$ he made from us.

I hope he eats something..I hope he got the pack of smokes he needed..in the end..I am thankful I have what I do have..and if I can help someone else from my heart..I met my goal. SNF Cheer Coco

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

What did I do to change the world today?

I got up, even though I was exhausted from only getting 2 hours of sleep, and got my oldest child ready for school without complaining or being angry (despite the fact that the older I get, the more cynical and jaded and at times outright mean I am naturally.)
After breakfast for the younger siblings, I spent the day answering the next oldest's endless string of questions (they're at that age) as honestly and best I could, instead of simply yelling at them to leave me alone, or turning on the tv to let them veg while I took care of the things that needed doing around the house. I oohed and aahed of the rainbow scribbles they drew for me, and reminded them on a near constant basis that they are siblings and need to be nice to each other, and to other people, and learn to share.
Before lunch I turned on some old 50's rock and roll and sang and danced with them...(I have learned I have to be VERY careful what I let them see and hear...the other day I watched an accapella medley of old 80's hair bands with them which I thought would be safe, no bad words or sex, and for the next 2 hours they managed to fixate on the lines "We're not gonna take it! No! We ain't gonna take it! We're not gonna take it anymoooooore") Even though no other person on the planet is allowed to see me be silly, my children will always have that privilage so that they know it's okay for them to do it, and to enjoy life. i'm even teaching them to sing on key, but I think the eldest is hopelessy tone deaf.
For lunch I made fruit salad and carved little smiley faces into the pieces of cheese I gave them, I mean who knows, maybe "What the Bleep" was right, and if nothing else they know I do it especailly for them and it makes them happy.
After lunch I cruised the ATS threads and some news headlines so that I could keep up with what's going on in the world while I let them play. I fixed all the toys they brought to me "broken", and gave them back with a smile and told them to be more careful with their toys, because I can't fix everything and sometimes things have to be thrown away. And I hid from them the horror of all I could see happening in the news, because they will have to deal with it soon enough. Let them enjoy their childhood while they can.
I gave my wife a 10 minute backscratch when she woke up with our 3 month old (who is the one who has decided to see how long i can go without sleep for prolonged periods of time) because she had a hard night at work and is really stressed. Then we worked out that we could send my brother the money he needs right now to get his kids christmas presents if I give up my christmas presents this year, so we got the check in the mail.
She picked up our eldest from school, and I asked her how her day went, and what she had learned, and actually listened while she told me. We played with her siblings (with me doing my best to referee and teach them to be nice to each other. To play nice, be fair, and share. After another quick check of the scary world news, a smile on my face the whole time, I went in and made lunch for my wife to take to work and dinner for the kids.
While they were eating, I sent emails to my friends concerning some of the darkest news articles I read, in particular the one about the US being declared a battleground, because I feel compelled to try and warn them and wake them up. If I can't convince my friends, the ones who trust and believe in me, that there is a darkness coming, how can I convince anyone else? As usual, no real signifigant replies, just the "crazy old man" ( they say that with a smile) crying the sky is falling. Despite this, I still managed to smile through desert (So far my kids believe that 5 skittles after dinner is a TREAT!) and help my wife get up for work and out the door on time with a specail cup of coffee made from water "charged" like in "What the Bleep" and give her a kiss and tell her I think she's doing awesome.
Then I take the youngest off her hands, put the other ones to bed with a story about how they went through a dungeon and beat the bad guys to get medicine for their sick mommy (I try to use bedtime stories that teach them something AND include them) and then held my child while I caught up with what was going on in the rest of the news.
Ugh, running out of characters.
So why is this important?
Because we won't be around forever, and someone has to make sure there's a few in the NEXT generation that know right from wrong, have the commons: Common Sense, Common Courtesy, and Common Decency. Nobody else I know personally pays that much attention anymore to their children, they just use a tv or video game as a babysitter. My children know to do the right thing, even when it's the hard thing.
IMO, it really wasn't much I did today. Just the right things.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly

The world is not worth saving. Humanity is a lost cause. The concept of a civilized society is laughable; there isn't one. I interact with the world around me as exceedingly little as possible. All of you can continue to destroy each other.

With people like you around it will continue to be a bad place...

Back on topic:

OP what you did was awesome.

I have taken a few in need persons (homeless) to breakfast before, I don't like to give money because I am never sure what they might do with it, but at least I know they get a good breakfast if i take them to eat instead. I have had some very interesting conversations with my breakfast company.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl
I've read thread after thread of comments about how bad things are with the economy, environment and socially. How people wish things were different... So, other than complaining about it at an on-line forum I have to ask, what have you done to change the world today?

Doesn't have to be a big thing...

I'll start:

While going through the drive through today, I asked the woman at the window to charge me for whatever the guy behind me ordered. I don't know the guy and have no reason for doing this. No, a coffee (or whatever he ordered) is not a big deal. But maybe... just maybe it will make his morning better, which might make his day better, which might make him want to do something nice for someone else... Pay it forward.

What have you done?

This is *E*V*O*L*U*T*I*O*N* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG YES!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
well... I stimulated the economy today. I do that every Friday but today I got all the wages paid by 2pm instead of the usual 4.30pm so everyone was happy and some actually had an RDO so they had money to spend on bills or other things so that means all those receiving money earlier than usual were happy too.

so at least there is a bunch of happy people at the moment but by Monday, they will all be pissed off again cos they are at work.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I've eaten a half box of tuna, and I drank a cup of coffee, a brand that i've never heard of before.

|.|SLO7H|.|

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl
I've read thread after thread of comments about how bad things are with the economy, environment and socially. How people wish things were different... So, other than complaining about it at an on-line forum I have to ask, what have you done to change the world today?

Doesn't have to be a big thing...

I'll start:

While going through the drive through today, I asked the woman at the window to charge me for whatever the guy behind me ordered. I don't know the guy and have no reason for doing this. No, a coffee (or whatever he ordered) is not a big deal. But maybe... just maybe it will make his morning better, which might make his day better, which might make him want to do something nice for someone else... Pay it forward.

What have you done?

Star and Flag - I love this topic you started! I will read through it more thoroughly tomorrow, as it is 3:35am here and I'm getting ready for bed.

Today I never went anywhere. But I cooked a delicious dinner for my daughter. I also gave encouragement to several people on the internet. That's about it. Small things do matter. I think if everyone did small things, the world would be a much better place

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
earlier today at the cancer center i was sitting next to an old man on a bench in the main lobby and i slowly slipped my hand into his and began to kiss him. it was magical and i could tell he got a kick out of it.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Nice thought. But how do you pay for the person behind you if you still have your credit card with you and it cant be reswiped. Just asking cause I'm not sure it could be done?

Your on the money though. Too much thinking about me, me, me ,and the horror of the world bla bla bla instead of going out and making someone happy today. I blasted one guy on here a week or two ago about going out and doing something to help someone else if he was unemployed, instead of whinging.

I doubt he did, but you have to try. Most here are such boring, heavy, dark, complaining, freasked out, paranoid weirdos it's almost spoils it as a humour site.

anyway, I didn't do much but make a whole office of hard working people crack up a bit with some funny comments when I visited briefly. If you can't do much that day - at least make them smile.
edit on 9-12-2011 by daggyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I love your avatar, I love how kind you are, and I love this thread!! I try to do what I can to be good to people, and I think it’s important. I can’t always, but I try to smile at people. I try to be patient with people, and spread good thoughts. I also am compelled from time to time to do things like yourself, on a whim, without much thought. Awesome post, Thanks

This Quote is from my very first post here at ATS:

I never have any money to give. Once i was downtown waiting at a bus stop for a lonnng time. while i waited i was munchenn on a big bag of combos, and drinking a fresh pepsi. so, im standing there, and i notice the homeless guy, with a sign..need $4 food...So ..i walked over to him, and gave him half the bag. he acked confused, and shoved them into his pocket. Another time a friend and i were in a different part of the city waitng for the bus, under the little shelter.. It was extreamly cold, if i had to guess id say 5 degress. their were quite a few people in hudled up trying to stay out of the wind. Over walks a homeless man. He did'nt look good. his neck was all swelled out and he was'nt looking very healthy. his coat was next to nothing and tattered. then i noticed his feet. This poor guy was wearing shoes that were waaay too small for his feet. Like kids shoes His unsocked heels were red and black, and sticking way out of the shoe. we stood there for a long time. all of the other people caught their buses. So I had been thinking about it. I probably didnt have any money, and i wanted to help him. I was so just outraged over his feet. So I nonchalanly took off my shoes, and my socks. I remember really not wanting to part with the socks. It was soooo cold, and i happeded to love that particular pair of socks. But i said, F it. I have tons of socks…..so i walk over to him and say something like "here take.." and he inturups me and yells "I Dont want it, and don't try and ask me again!!" so i go "ok"..at that moment, our bus was pulling up. The frozen man was going to be all alone in the bus shelter. So as we're heading out i say to my friend real loud" Hey shan, i'm just gonna leave these socks right here on the bench, I dont want them" And we got on the bus. I tryed to look out the bus window to see if he took them, but i could'nt tell.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

I work in a small town grocery store. Today, I had three customers who were a little short. They were regular customers - every day - and I let them go on the remainder. I put a few bucks in the cash register.

About two weeks ago I gave a guy some wood from my wood bin. He was at the store about to buy a "pack" of firewood for $5 and looking sad about it. Knowing that he had just started working at UPS for the holiday season and was waiting for his first check, I told him to go to my house and get some of my firewood, but not to rape me as I depended on it for heat. I swear to God within the next two hours a woman came in and told me I could drive up my hill to her property and clean off the dead wood she had.

A couple days later the same guy came to me and asked if he could do it again. I told him about the same thing as last time and sure enough later that same night another woman came in and told me that she was going to cut down several trees in about a month and I could have all of the wood I wanted. I got several people together and we are all going up to get wood together and split it between all of us.

This last weekend I helped the UPS guy pick up a truckload of wood that someone had given him. He didn't give me any wood back, but I didn't sweat it since he needed it. As soon as I agreed to do this for him a coworker told me to come by the same weekend, her husband had some Maple for me. He has some Alder for me as well this weekend.

Thinking about starting a wood bank in my little town. What do you think?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

This is *E*V*O*L*U*T*I*O*N* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG YES!

So Bizarre! Replaying the latest Zeitgeist right now as I post. Great name!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join