It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What have you done to change the world today?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Hi Professor

That is awesome... thank you for sharing that!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

I have been cutting firewood for people that need it for the winter free of charge. I also have been plumbing homes for free, roof repairs, and other little things around folks houses. Luckily a small sawmill will come pick up some timber from here I have cut and then give me usable wood to do the work so no one has to pay for it. Quite a few folks have gone to the store and bought the plumbing supplies and other things to donate for the work. Its a really depressed area here in the appalachian mountains. Since I'm unemployed I do have alot of extra time and there are lots of folks that need the help. I wont let anyone pay me for what I do, I have enough to get by and thats cool with me.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

I have enough to get by and thats cool with me.

You said a mouthful right there

Thank you drivers

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
A great example right here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

Fair enough. Personally, I won't ever help someone kill themselves, or make their situation worse. Sobriety is the key to getting off the streets for the vast majority of them. You're only feeding their homelessness. But, if it makes you feel good, then by all means, keep killing them.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Fair enough. Personally, I won't ever help someone kill themselves, or make their situation worse. Sobriety is the key to getting off the streets for the vast majority of them. You're only feeding their homelessness. But, if it makes you feel good, then by all means, keep killing them.

navy_vet_stg3 I just want to say thank you for your service to our country..that's the first item..then a question, how do you or I know they are going to go off and do the wrong thing? how could helping someone who's homeless, hungry, sick and cold make their situation worse? being homeless is bad enough..sobriety may indeed be the key to getting off the streets..but many are suffering brain damage and other infirmities and live and die in the streets. You imply I am selfish as I need to make myself feel good..

It's not about me friend..I have what I need..please lets not impose your guilt for not giving onto me.. .and my choice to give..I do as my inner feelings direct me to do..I hope we can agree to disagree. Regards Coco

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Looked after my sister in law at hospital as she got a cute baby (2nd baby) today............and also taken care of her elder daughter (4 yrs old)..............tomorrow would be the same because she will be discharged from hospital after 3-4 days

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I don't get many opportunities to help other people but most days I can put out some food for the birds and animals.

A little robin has got used to me putting bread out and, if he sees me near the kitchen window, he hops around and chirps to let me know he's there and ready for his dinner. It makes me happy when a small creature feels comfortable enough to ask me for something.

I did do something quite heroic in the summer
Next to the long drive leading to our house is a field where horses and ponies are often kept. I spent a couple of months befriending three ponies and a horse while they lived there.

On a spectacularly hot and sunny day my housemate and I walked past the field and noticed that the water trough was dried up except for a small puddle which the horse was trying to drink. I only had my hip-flask, which was half full of water, and poured in the contents to supplement the puddle.

Walking up the drive we discussed what we could do to help the horses since the people who cared for them wouldn't be due until the evening.

It was decided that we'd fill two large plastic storage boxes with water straight away, load them onto the baby buggy (long story why we've got that) and wheel them down the (in places, very steep) drive and help to fill the trough.

This we did, spilling remarkably little, and stood back to watch the grateful creatures taking their much needed drink. Well, the horse tried to get a few sips but one of the ponies put his front hoof into the water and started to splash. This was so much fun he put both hooves in and had a merry old time splashing water all over the place and at least partly over his tummy.

We began to realise why the water might have run out before

While this was going on one of the other ponies started rolling about on her back in the dry, dusty earth looking for all the world as if she was laughing at her friend.

We laughed too and felt well rewarded for our efforts.

I think any act of kindness, no matter who it's for, makes the world a better place. Putting out a few bread crumbs might not look like much, but it makes such a difference to the birds that it's well worth doing.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by berenike
I don't get many opportunities to help other people but most days I can put out some food for the birds and animals.

A little robin has got used to me putting bread out and, if he sees me near the kitchen window, he hops around and chirps to let me know he's there and ready for his dinner. It makes me happy when a small creature feels comfortable enough to ask me for something.

I did do something quite heroic in the summer
Next to the long drive leading to our house is a field where horses and ponies are often kept. I spent a couple of months befriending three ponies and a horse while they lived there.

On a spectacularly hot and sunny day my housemate and I walked past the field and noticed that the water trough was dried up except for a small puddle which the horse was trying to drink. I only had my hip-flask, which was half full of water, and poured in the contents to supplement the puddle.

Walking up the drive we discussed what we could do to help the horses since the people who cared for them wouldn't be due until the evening.

It was decided that we'd fill two large plastic storage boxes with water straight away, load them onto the baby buggy (long story why we've got that) and wheel them down the (in places, very steep) drive and help to fill the trough.

This we did, spilling remarkably little, and stood back to watch the grateful creatures taking their much needed drink. Well, the horse tried to get a few sips but one of the ponies put his front hoof into the water and started to splash. This was so much fun he put both hooves in and had a merry old time splashing water all over the place and at least partly over his tummy.

We began to realise why the water might have run out before

While this was going on one of the other ponies started rolling about on her back in the dry, dusty earth looking for all the world as if she was laughing at her friend.

We laughed too and felt well rewarded for our efforts.

I think any act of kindness, no matter who it's for, makes the world a better place. Putting out a few bread crumbs might not look like much, but it makes such a difference to the birds that it's well worth doing.

Awe, your story is so touching! Thank you for sharing it

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl
reply to post by chr0naut

You and your wife are providing a wonderful service. Thank you!

Thanks, it is great to watch the confusion (what, you're giving me this for nothing?) melt away and someone cold and closed begins to "radiate" a little.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Help me need someone to find on Internet HEARTLESSPUMA
post under FDW 553 not sure where and tell me what it means
Then you will have done something for the world
[email protected]

Then I'll post a secret I bet Boone on this entire site knows about

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Help me need someone to find on Internet HEARTLESSPUMA
post under FDW 553 not sure where and tell me what it means
Then you will have done something for the world
[email protected]

Then I'll post a secret I bet Boone on this entire site knows about

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

Yay! You, and they, are welcome. If I knew how to add friends on this site, I'd like to add you, you seem pretty awesome!

Namaste

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I decided, today, that I'm going to give to the Foster Parents Plan or "Plan Canada - "Because I am a girl" project.

plancanada.ca...

It will come from "the first fruits of my increase" coming soon.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join