It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What have you done to change the world today?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

I once, only once, gave a course in reaching the full human potential.
Parts in the course were of a wide variety like grounding, the power of colours, how to do as wish, how to get energy, how to learn OBE an much, much more.
The only thing I asked for, was the all participants promised to do tree nice things, on tree different occasions , that were very nice and that they should not have don normally to other people.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl
I've read thread after thread of comments about how bad things are with the economy, environment and socially. How people wish things were different... So, other than complaining about it at an on-line forum I have to ask, what have you done to change the world today?

Doesn't have to be a big thing...

I'll start:

While going through the drive through today, I asked the woman at the window to charge me for whatever the guy behind me ordered. I don't know the guy and have no reason for doing this. No, a coffee (or whatever he ordered) is not a big deal. But maybe... just maybe it will make his morning better, which might make his day better, which might make him want to do something nice for someone else... Pay it forward.

What have you done?

Its nice what you did for the guy, but no doubt he thought you wanted to bum him - he probably went back to his mates, and said this bloke bought me a drink. Then all his mates probably called him fag magnet- this is world we live in, unfortunately.

That aside, i think you have addressed a very good question, what have we done to change the world?
Well, what i do on a daily basis is spread awareness about our political climate, who owns what, where the monies going, why we're not getting money, who we should be really fighting instead of each other - pretty much all the top subject us people in the know talk about here on ATS on a daily basis.

Through me coming here, over 5 years ago - and reading books which people from this site recommended, iv changed my out look on life, through this i project my knowledge and new behavior to other people who i meet - hopefully inspiring them to be nicer & think out of the box.

I'm the odd one out of all my mates, they call me Leon the Preacher, and i like it. Keep spreading awareness people, we're doing a brilliant job. When SHTF- we can all say "told ya!"

Star & Flag, brilliant question

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

That with the cops was really a wise one!!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK

I've read thread after thread of comments about how bad things are with the economy, environment and socially. How people wish things were different... So, other than complaining about it at an on-line forum I have to ask, what have you done to change the world today?

I'll start:

While going through the drive through today, I asked the woman at the window to charge me for whatever the guy behind me ordered. I don't know the guy and have no reason for doing this. No, a coffee (or whatever he ordered) is not a big deal. But maybe... just maybe it will make his morning better, which might make his day better, which might make him want to do something nice for someone else... Pay it forward.

What have you done?

Its nice what you did for the guy, but no doubt he thought you wanted to bum him - he probably went back to his mates, and said this bloke bought me a drink. Then all his mates probably called him fag magnet- this is world we live in, unfortunately.

That aside, i think you have addressed a very good question, what have we done to change the world?
Well, what i do on a daily basis is spread awareness about our political climate, who owns what, where the monies going, why we're not getting money, who we should be really fighting instead of each other - pretty much all the top subject us people in the know talk about here on ATS on a daily basis.

Through me coming here, over 5 years ago - and reading books which people from this site recommended, iv changed my out look on life, through this i project my knowledge and new behavior to other people who i meet - hopefully inspiring them to be nicer & think out of the box.

I'm the odd one out of all my mates, they call me Leon the Preacher, and i like it. Keep spreading awareness people, we're doing a brilliant job. When SHTF- we can all say "told ya!"

Star & Flag, brilliant question

I can't agree on what the guy might have thought about the free coffee. He didn't know it was me. I specifically asked the woman at the window to just tell him it's his lucky day and not mention why. Even if she said it was the car in front of you, I was long gone by the time he got up to the window.

Spreading awareness and knowledge is great. But I'm looking for positive selfless change, key word being selfless. If the end result is "I told you so", there was a motive behind the action to begin with. I also spread awareness of our current political climate because it's important to discuss these things with like minded individuals. At the end of the day, I'd much rather check in on my elderly neighbor than get into a political discussion.

But thanks for commenting on the original question and for contributing in some small way

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I try not to bring attention to the good things I do..or have done..because then it seems like I did it for self glorification .

Nothing worse than having to listen to someone brag about the good stuff they do.... have enough of that with celebrities and politicians .

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pokoia

I once, only once, gave a course in reaching the full human potential.
Parts in the course were of a wide variety like grounding, the power of colours, how to do as wish, how to get energy, how to learn OBE an much, much more.
The only thing I asked for, was the all participants promised to do tree nice things, on tree different occasions , that were very nice and that they should not have don normally to other people.

That's cool. Did you ever find out what they did?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
I try not to bring attention to the good things I do..or have done..because then it seems like I did it for self glorification .

Nothing worse than having to listen to someone brag about the good stuff they do.... have enough of that with celebrities and politicians .

Hi Gabby

I totally agree with that. But for the purpose of this thread I thought it would be nice to share some acts of kindness... maybe get some good ideas
some positive vibes

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Hi Gabby I totally agree with that. But for the purpose of this thread I thought it would be nice to share some acts of kindness... maybe get some good ideas some positive vibes

Positive vibes are good.... but we shouldn't confuse them with gratifying the ego....the act in itself and the motivation behind it...is where the true gold/or fools gold lays.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Pokoia

Wise up until someday one of em chases me down!!

But who knows, maybe they gave a break to the next deserving sap they came across.
If we only treated folks the way we want to be treated, there would be no greed, and therefore no evil.
Until then cookies and doggie licks will have to suffice.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I absolutely agree. Nothing looks lamer than someone making a thread to brag about their good deed of the day. Even a grouch like me does a good deed here and there, but I'm not so insecure with myself that I'll make a public thread about it to gain some sort of validation of my worth.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly

I absolutely agree. Nothing looks lamer than someone making a thread to brag about their good deed of the day. Even a grouch like me does a good deed here and there, but I'm not so insecure with myself that I'll make a public thread about it to gain some sort of validation of my worth.

Yet you're too insecure to say this directly to me.... what have you ever done for anyone?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Yet you're too insecure to say this directly to me.... what have you ever done for anyone?

I would not read too much into what is expressed there. I certainly would not take the advice or criticism from an individual who is clearly lost: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Are you still lost unwordly Misanthrope? Hate, fear, isolation and negativity. Four of my favorite words. Perhaps you will contact me privately so that we may discuss an alternate path for you.

OP: Ego is a powerful thing indeed; however, I do understand the point you are trying to make with this thread.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DogsNGods

I've been waiting and wondering and watching to see who would bring that old thread up--or any of my other comments--to try and use them to belittle and degrade me. I knew it would happen eventually, but if this was something that could or would seriously embarrass me and/or offend me, then I'd have made a new account some time ago to post with. The fact is, you can't do or say anything to hurt me that hasn't already been tried by those who are far more intelligent and spiteful than you are.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I've been waiting and wondering and watching to see who would bring that old thread up--or any of my other comments--to try and use them to belittle and degrade me. I knew it would happen eventually, but if this was something that could or would seriously embarrass me and/or offend me, then I'd have made a new account some time ago to post with. The fact is, you can't do or say anything to hurt me that hasn't already been tried by those who are far more intelligent and spiteful than you are.

Thank you for the reply.

I am not trying to hurt you, nor am I spiteful. I am curious; however, what personal gratification do you get from attempting to belittle and degrade the OP? It is a straight-forward question, I expect a straigh-forward answer.

Otherwise you are of no consequence to me.

Once in a while I happen upon one who is familiar to me. I will leave it at that and discontinue my participation in this thread with the exception of reading your response if you so wish to respond.

Good day Sir.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

If you're going to be a jerk, then at least have the integrity to admit that's what you're doing. Yes, you were being spiteful; and yes, you wanted to hurt me. I'm not a fool--least of all yours.

As an aside:
You really should learn how to correctly use a semicolon, and while you're at it, do try to brush up a bit on your other punctuation usage. Poor writing skills are such an ugly, ugly thing--especially when observed in a person whom I already don't like.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Wow, that was exciting

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Some of them told me, nothing special.
As an example I gave them the following:
Suppose it is raining, you are in a hurry, it becoming dark and you drive pass a car with a guy standing next to it.
This time you should stop and offer help. Hardly anyone does that now a day.
That sounds strange to most people in the world but Holland is very crowded with very busy roads and several services to offer help to stranded members.
If you are not a member, they will help you also but it will cost you dearly. Think 250 Euro.

So the whole point was , doing something nice for an unknown person, where normally you would have never have offered help. And never would have met this person.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I'll start:

What have you done?

Not today, but my wife & I go around at nights in a van with hot coffee, noodles & light snacks which we give out for free to anyone on the streets who looks like they need a friend & a feed.

It's part of a movement called Drug-Arm.

We hope to be an in-between, bridging the law and government support programs and those who live on the streets and are not usually aware of the help offered.

And we are, so far, mostly Christian Church based but we don't push that too hard. It's more important to help these people out when they often feel so helpless.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I cared for my ferals cats today here in California, tried to help my Mom with a dog rescue adoption in southern Illinois, and forwarded some ATS links to friends regarding the 2012 Defense bill. I also reminded friends and family to donate to local pet rescues for Christmas, and insulate outdoor pet shelters for winter.
Did all that without leaving my yard...

I been a good girl, Santa, bring on da gifts!!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
be myself

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join