It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What have you done to change the world today?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I've read thread after thread of comments about how bad things are with the economy, environment and socially. How people wish things were different... So, other than complaining about it at an on-line forum I have to ask, what have you done to change the world today?

Doesn't have to be a big thing...

I'll start:

While going through the drive through today, I asked the woman at the window to charge me for whatever the guy behind me ordered. I don't know the guy and have no reason for doing this. No, a coffee (or whatever he ordered) is not a big deal. But maybe... just maybe it will make his morning better, which might make his day better, which might make him want to do something nice for someone else... Pay it forward.

What have you done?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

I did not even leave the house, but God I do love your idea.
BTW what did the guy order?

It resembles a bit "pay it forward" which was Gooooooood!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

The world is not worth saving. Humanity is a lost cause. The concept of a civilized society is laughable; there isn't one. I interact with the world around me as exceedingly little as possible. All of you can continue to destroy each other.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

That's some serious generosity. You get a thumbs up in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I like your way of thinking.
I helped our secretary unload boxes of supplies which isn't my job but it make her stressful job a little easier and texted my beautiful girlfriend a good morning and hope you have a great day. It's not much but the day is early.

Great thread, if there were more people like you the world would be a better place, thanks for sharing!
edit on 8-12-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly

The world is not worth saving. Humanity is a lost cause. The concept of a civilized society is laughable; there isn't one. I interact with the world around me as exceedingly little as possible. All of you can continue to destroy each other.

Sounds like you've got battle scars too. I'm with you, tired of getting set back by those kicking their own asses.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

See that's what's wrong, the world doesn't need saving, it will be here long after were gone, it's all of us that need saving.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by unworldly

I disagree. This world is worth saving. Hell as far we know this is our only home. Why wouldn't you want to save it?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pokoia

I did not even leave the house, but God I do love your idea.
BTW what did the guy order?

It resembles a bit "pay it forward" which was Gooooooood!

Thanks, and that's okay... there is always tomorrow

I love that movie and really believe in the concept.
I have no idea what the guy ordered... it didn't matter.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Ignore

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54

I like your way of thinking.
I helped our secretary unload boxes of supplies which isn't my job but it make her stressful job a little easier and texted my beautiful girlfriend a good morning and hope you have a great day. It's not much but the day is early.

Great thread, if there were more people like you the world would be a better place, thanks for sharing!

And thank YOU for making a difference in the lives of two people.
Like I said, it doesn't have to be anything big... even just a quick smile to a stranger can have a huge impact.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

For my dogs, I fed them and still are giving them unconditional love.
For my wife, ....I'ma gonna give her the good stuff ya know.
White chocolate / macadamia and Milk chocolate / cherry cookies are a bakin now!
For me, Coffee with just a bit of that creamer for a change. Yeah I know sissified but it's nice now and then.
For the world, I sit on pandoras box.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Oh and FYI, I never said "Save the world"
just wanted to mention that...

Here's another one - The city I work in has it's share of homeless people, as they all do.

A few months ago I was running out to grab an afternoon coffee and on my way into the shop a homeless guy asked me if I had some change. Of course I had change... I work for a living, I always have change floating around somewhere. So I said "sure, and do you want a coffee or a bagel or something?" He looked at me like I was an alien.... I don't understand why some people are afraid to talk to homeless people... but anyway. End of the story, I bought him a coffee and a bagel sandwich and gave him a buck
he was delighted.

I am crazy to think that maybe he had lost faith in his fellow man and that my action was a tiny nudge in a positive direction for him.

Who knows... who cares... the point is we have to take care of each other.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

It looks more and more that there will be some kind of great conflict, but I will fight for my ideals, and I believe there are a lot of people behind me that would agree that the world is worth fighting for. There may be a lot of causalities, but there will still be people in the end.

That's a very bad attitude you have, you should learn to not just except things as you see it, and fight for everything the way you think they should be.
edit on 8-12-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I too have done this but only at the local donut shop and only for officers

True story, I have done this a few times.
I slip the cashier a ten and tell him to apply it to whatever they get, if any left over it is a tip.
Now some will say "stupid cops" but the first time I took off in a rush as they stepped outside the door to see who their secret admirer was and wondering....."hmmmm who was he"?

I imagine their minds were going the rest of the day.

(Edit)
Jibbyjedi, I love the new avatar!!!
edit on 8-12-2011 by g146541 because: Jibbyjedi props, May the excessive force be with you!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I've given food to the homeless in the past, but I will NEVER give them money. Most people are homeless due to some type of dominant addiction, so I will not be a party in "killing them with kindness".

My wife and I give 3 turkeys at Thanksgiving and 3 turkeys at Christmas, along with canned goods, to a local food bank. We also donate money throughout the year.

You did the right thing with giving the guy some food, but you didn't help with the money. Sorry, I've seen first hand how rotten these people's addictions can be. You may as well provide them a bullet for the gun they're going to put against their heads.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Nothing at all today, coz hurricane Baw'bag is ravaging Glasgow!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

For my dogs, I fed them and still are giving them unconditional love.
For my wife, ....I'ma gonna give her the good stuff ya know.
White chocolate / macadamia and Milk chocolate / cherry cookies are a bakin now!
For me, Coffee with just a bit of that creamer for a change. Yeah I know sissified but it's nice now and then.
For the world, I sit on pandoras box.

Thank you for taking care of your dogs and your wife!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

I too have done this but only at the local donut shop and only for officers

True story, I have done this a few times.
I slip the cashier a ten and tell him to apply it to whatever they get, if any left over it is a tip.
Now some will say "stupid cops" but the first time I took off in a rush as they stepped outside the door to see who their secret admirer was and wondering....."hmmmm who was he"?

I imagine their minds were going the rest of the day.

(Edit)
Jibbyjedi, I love the new avatar!!!
edit on 8-12-2011 by g146541 because: Jibbyjedi props, May the excessive force be with you!

That's funny and serves two purposes... you're doing something nice and you're messing with their heads. Clever

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

I've given food to the homeless in the past, but I will NEVER give them money. Most people are homeless due to some type of dominant addiction, so I will not be a party in "killing them with kindness".

My wife and I give 3 turkeys at Thanksgiving and 3 turkeys at Christmas, along with canned goods, to a local food bank. We also donate money throughout the year.

You did the right thing with giving the guy some food, but you didn't help with the money. Sorry, I've seen first hand how rotten these people's addictions can be. You may as well provide them a bullet for the gun they're going to put against their heads.

I agree, it's never a good idea to feed the addiction of an addict. However, the guy is already homeless and hungry, my with holding one dollar isn't going to make him detox right there on the street. I always prefer to offer food, a blanket or any kind of help over money. After a while you get to know certain ones ya know...?
edit on 8-12-2011 by Skorpiogurl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join