It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is just 'Fake Users, Posts, Censorship, Fraud and Pure Lies'...Apparently

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

That was posted in the fictional creative writers forum.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Jimbowsk

Being a paid shill does has its downside, but on the upside, there is an awesome dental plan and Marge (from accounting) always brings in nice pastries.

I knew it!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I guess it's just that some of us have been here long enough and paid close enough attention to know what happened in those circumstances. It's really sad sometimes but I can understand how things went downhill.

Have you noticed that most of the posters claiming all of this stuff are almost always really new accounts and usually have a bone to pick with the Admins specifically over something totally ridiculous? Like that guy saying everyone was a Bot that auto-posted responses. It's absurd.

Sure ATS has been infiltrated by every single type of poster imaginable, with every type of agenda conceivable. But they are actual human beings posting in just about every single case I can find to look at. Some of this stuff just gets so out-there I can't even really entertain it for very long. And I am one of the really really open minded members (IMHO).

I guess it's experience in the end. We have been around a long time and have seen grips of this stuff and so as a result we become more skeptical of some of the absolutist claims against this website which don't pan out in the end after closer investigation.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Anything can be infiltrated - anything.

ATS surely aint exempt from that.

That being said - I lurked here a long time before signing up. Tons of information here on a plethora of topics if you can sort through all the rabble rabble battle of brains (my least favorite part that seems to be an ever growing obstacle here).

Certainly dont like it when ATS makes someone croon looney consiracy land with a pair of eyes rolling in head, but that's kinda what it is when you dont take the time to dig in here. (IMO)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
its quite obvious its a cia front, the wrightings are on the wall. one such example is how there are threads up in the breaking news forum about things that have not even bein reported on any news agency and saying "just saw this on cnn or bcc or whatever the msm" and it hasen't bein reported, comparing times of posts on here and news site dont match up. thats just one example of my suspisions. BUT.....

its fun to come here and let them think im clueless to what is going on. they can track my computer all they want or do what they want because iv nothing to hide, but who doesn't like an arguement with a cia dissinfo!! lol

keep it up ats

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I'm provided links for every claim... only summarized recently because didn't want to repost

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyTruth

I'm provided links for every claim... only summarized recently because didn't want to repost

I understand what you are trying to say but you are wrong that TPTB have any chance to control anything. You cannot control chaos, you have to embrace it.

I have totally derailed all kinds of things I thought were brainwashing or misinformation that the MSM was pushing onto the public. I totally blew some things out of the water by clearly explaining my point of view in a precise and easy to understand manner. And here I am, still afloat, still bombarding the shores of ignorance.

Now consider that there are thousands of people just like me out there, taking a stand against all of TPTB and their agenda to control us and lead us into deeper slavery. They have no chance to win this "information war", we are easily trumping them at every turn.

The propaganda may work initially on many people, but after we set them straight it starts to crumble. So just keep asking questions and investigating things. Try to find balance between your heart and mind.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Totally agree it's about experience. Ever think the new posters were banned in the past for no good reason, and had to wait it out and set up new accounts? I've been banned several times on both ATS and GLP (and I do realize saying that could get me banned again) but I PROMISE you I've never violated a Ts&Cs, at least not in a malicious enough way to warrant. A specific example, I was a PAYING member of GLP at the time... and there was a lot of trash talking about the Occupy movement going on and how it was all pro-Obama. I put up a post about how in Austin it was actually all pro-Ron Paul, literally that's all there was to it! I was promptly banned for this! I have shared a link above of a thread I followed a while back that had a lot of curious cover up qualities... read or don't read... but I'm not new to either ATS or GLP, HARDLY.
edit on 8-12-2011 by ConspiracyTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I don't get the either/or thinking. You can control something ENOUGH, if not completely - first of all. And secondly, just because you've never been banned or touched on a topic in an influential enough way to get you banned or censored, doesn't mean it's not happening to others around you. It's not like ATS is going to ban every member and make it obvious that any sort of infiltration is afoot.... it would be FAR sneakier than that, and frankly you're not going to hear from members that are silenced or threads that are deleted.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
so i figured that i would go to his web site to see what its about..Well cant even get on it..Im suppose to get a immediate email to get me on and i dont get anything...I like it here.....Im staying here and not worried about anything except having fun

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well, thats just great.
Since I'm fairly a new member now everybody will be suspicious of me.
just kiddin.
But now some of the odd posts make sense to me. I figured TPTB were lurking here, it just didn't dawn on me they were also posting. duh.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Fact checking:

- Site has tons of rules, so many average users make mistakes daily. So many they could edit, ban, delete you/your post and one of the rules will apply, they do also choose to avoid cracking down on some posters who do nothing but discredit and are harsh towards others and never contribute to the convo.
- Site has lots of ads for revenue, self-sustaining and a profit built machine. I bet they make enough hits to pay staff.
- Site is the main place for conspiracies and does it's best to discredit other sites, even goes so far as to ban topics linking to specific sites. Generally conspiracy types like to gather together and share information to ensure everyone hears of it. This place seems to try and "Own" your conspiracy. When it can't own it, won't agree with it, it's own, moved, locked, or edited.
- Site focuses mainly on allowing people to speak freely without recourse making it easier for them to say things they wouldn't normally say anywhere else.
- Psychologically speaking this place has addictive qualities, like FB does (another supposed CIA front). Coincidence?

If you look at the facts it does lend credence that this place is a front. Fanboi's won't admit it though, while at the same time, they will write some ridiculous conspiracy or "what if" scenario and claim its truth. Yet stuff like this is laughable?

I have yet to see one decent discussion among members here, it's all rants, banter, arguments, very little fact checking and presentations. Sounds like DISINFO to me. No better way to confuse a message then ensuring their is so many of them to read, they almost all sound the same and all sound impossible because of it.

This place is a debunking site, plain and simple. Not Conspiracy based. If it were they would allow people to post their ridiculous stories while the masses have a "Debunk" button (© 2011 Espyderman) to press which expresses the communities views, rather then the owners of the sites views.

Just sayin'
edit on 8-12-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

Good for you. haha.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand... I would just say to watch out for the following things:

1. Comments that debunk a conspiracy, only contribute ad hominem attacks, or totally distract from the conversation that SEEM like someone just typed it down but in reality could be auto responses customized for specific conspiracy topics. We used to do this with help topics when I did online customer support for my company - created a slew of auto responses, maybe 10 different kinds for one topic type and then you'd just generate it for questions that suit it. Customers didn't know they were getting auto responses. Again, see thread that exposes the sheer volume of "auto bots" on the site: www.abovetopsecret.com...

2. Posters that constantly resort to ad hominem attacks and/or regularly debunk or critique conspiracies, rather than pursing all the angles and contributing to the "mystery solving" with fellow members. Of course some people are naturally skeptical and every topic on this site has debate potential. But if there are posters that ONLY spend their time debunking things, you have to ask... why are they here?? To diffuse a conspiracy maybe?

3. Posts or posters banned for Ts & Cs that don't seem worth being banned for... for example, that post I talked about a while back was deleted because apparently the "origin" of the conspiracy was All News Web.com. A link to ANW was not in the post and ANW was NOT the origin of the conspiracy. This was flat out false, no proof of this, except that ANW shared the info/video as did MANY other sites. But since ANW is a blacklisted site and ATS made up that ANW was behind the conspiracy, the thread could be banned based on the Ts & Cs. By this rational, ATS can ban anything that ANW ever posts or talks about. You see how that works?

4. Regular posts by people who drag topics into different directions, make people who believe in a conspiracy feel stupid (versus addressing their evidence or findings) - and so making anyone reading along who also believes in said conspiracy feel the same way, etc... just any of this sort of "peer pressure" that you wouldn't think would be SO rampant on a site that should only be enjoyed by conspiracy theorists.

5. Truly loony, distracting conspiracies - harmless because of how little truth they hold - distracting from other topics.

6. Influential, impassioned posters who suddenly stop posting. For example, if I get banned, you're not going to get a notice about this. I'll just stop posting!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Gonna break the fourth wall here for a moment.

You all ready for the holiday party? The dress as your avatar theme is going to be a riot!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyTruth

So, you've been banned before?
You were the OP of the thread you refer to?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyTruth

You link to a thread in which a member claims that other members are "bots."

Naturally other members who read that were puzzled by this, and most - in a lighthearted fashion - responded that they are not bots, but in fact human.

Now you are using that hilarious thread as evidence that ATS is knowingly having automated accounts posting?

It might be a good time to remember that intentionally posting false information is a great way to get banned.

You are lying.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Actually don't remember if I was the OP, I was just watching it and bummed when it suddenly disappeared. ATS claimed it was because of the ANW connection, which of course was completely unfounded - in fact even when the video in the thread was proved to be a hoax by MSM, it was CONFIRMED ANW had nothing to do with it. : ) I've been banned several times on GLP and ATS each and I'm a nice objective truth seeker. Really, there's no reason to ban me! I realize now ATS could have a reason for banning me, as I'm discrediting them...but I was naive before, believe you me!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I can only wish to be a schill let alone a paid one. Hell, if I play my cards right I hope to make Disinfo Agent next year, COINTELPRO the following year and if everything works out, possibly even a paid TROLL by 2015
edit on 8-12-2011 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

What you smokin'? Haha. The poster said there were a lot of auto bots on the site and so to respond in a specific fashion so as to prove that you weren't an auto bot. Instead he got a lot of posters responding with auto responses that they weren't auto bots, ignoring the thread entirely. Plenty of real responses from real responses, too...

Even if you disagree about what this thread means, don't you dare accuse me of trying to spread false info !

How an auto response would work: KEYWORD signals for certain auto response, then those auto responses get posted automatically... that's exactly what this thread proved.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Our members have to prove nothing.

You are claiming that there are bots posting. This is false.

Intentionally posting false information will result in account termination.

That's all there is to it.

No such activity is occurring on ATS.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join