It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 yr. old tells Bachmann: " My moms gay but she doesnt need fixing"- Child Abuse?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
It doesn't matter if you think it is wrong or disgusting. It doesn't matter what I think about it either. The difference is I know my opinion on the subject is irrelevant, and you have yet to realize that truth! When you concern yourself with matters that are none of your business, your opinion DOES NOT MATTER.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
reply to post by Liquesence

No this was for you and all the other trolls that brought the word god into the conversation. And I wont stop anywhere with the mys. Dont threaten me as you chose to join the thread and need to be held accountable for what you say.

Troll?
Oh no, someone disagrees with me he must be a troll!

If you can't tell the difference between a troll and a simple question, then you might not be in the best place.

I did NOT bring god into the thread. I was responding to god being brought in.

I also asked how you would personally respond to your child inquiring to you about gays, to which you have failed to respond, and which is certainly NOT trolling, but a simple inquiry.

Of course, if you want to avoid the question and attribute it to trolling, well, good riddance to your lame thread.

PS: It's not *my* bible, and i never threatened you. So don't attribute things to me that aren't true, and don't accuse me of something i didn't do, but rather answer the question put forth, since you created the thread for, i dunno, some reason or another.

You ask a question, you get an answer.
Where's the answer to this?

Originally posted by liquesence
Then what exactly would you tell your child if he or she asked what gay is

in reference to

I have a 7 yr old and and would never even tell them what gay is

Guess we can't.

Good night and good riddance.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
WOW! Trust a kid to say it as he sees it.

Yes, she is gay, and she does not need fixing - because she isn't broken.

Simple to a child, full of hidden agendas to an adult.

I take this child's statement at face value - he probably has better parents than many many children do.

And I salute all those people who love and nurture children, no matter their sexual inclination.

Many a child of heteros has suffered in untold ways.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

You know I have to agree with you on this one. I don't think this is child abuse but this is ridiculous. Just stop already let kids be kids. If you are having a grown up type discussion with your under 10 child about politics or anything else in this world...stop! Try watching the news and things like that with your child but don't push your ideas onto them...let them have their own mind!
This child was pushed to do that. Why don't you just get him a pogo stick or a slinky and call it a day!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by iamusic

Ideas are being shoved and thrown into children's faces everyday from every single direction, not just parents. Children hardly have any mind of their own other than what the television tells them if their parent/s don't step in. I don't see child abuse in any way, shape, or form here, and I find this thread illogical. Parents get up in arms over every single thing. Some things warrant the anger, many don't. I hate that many children are raised completely sheltered not knowing anything outside of the bubble they've been enclosed in. It just makes the slap in the face much more painful once they are older.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

A child stating an opinion is not child abuse. Her mom is gay and she doesnt need fixing. Hell she summed it up quite nicely. Two thumbs up kid for having the brass to stand up for what you believe in when most adults are too complacent to even care. Maybe Bachmann should worry more about the growing WW3 threat and stop worrying about what two people in love do or don't do. And maybe you should pay more attention to that threat as well instead of obssessing over what an 8 yr old feels about her family and was brave enough to say.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

In what reality literal, fictional, or otherwise does a child being molested have anything to do with the sexual orientation of his parents? Being gay is not idiotic its an orientation whether you agree or like it or not. I am sure next you will say that global warming is somehow related to LGBT as well. Do you even read the ignorant bile you spew before you hit submit? I'm guessing not.....

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

abuse, no! the kids free speech? you would have to ask him. the kid turning gay cus of this? your outta your mind!!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Would you have even raised this issue if it was a straight couple?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I am shocked at this.

Granted I am of the feeling the parents taught the kid to say what he said. But that does not take away the fact of the matter of what he said.

What he said has much more value then anything else. This debate should not be about if this is child abuse or not, it should be about what the child said. This should not be about the mechanics of the statement. It should be about the meaning behind it. If this is child abuse or not has no meaning, as it does not pertain to the subject matter in the video.

Yea getting an agenda across to a politician via a child is wrong and it could be seen as such but I think we should look at the issue for what it is, not how the message is portrayed to us.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

It's dumb to have the kid do this, but it isn't abuse and we also don't know she came up with and had the kid say that.

Scenario that could make it organic:
The woman was in a heated debate and the kid asked why his mom had a problem with Bachmann and she saidm Bachmann thinks gay people are bad and your mommy needs to be fixed (which is arguably true, as Bachmann's husband apparently does think that) and the kid responds "i don't think you need to be fixed mommy" and the woman says do you want to tell her that. Situation arises. Kids do get in on adult conversations and voice their opinion regardless of their knowledge. The pretty much always defend their parent.

The mom is probably dumb, but we don't know what happened, and it's definitely not abuse.
Regardless of this, Bachmann is an idiot.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
The end does not justify the means.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

reply to post by electricalpup

This god you speak of does not approve of being gay and gay marriage.
2nd.

If he doesn't approve of them then why did he make them?
2nd.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicTrigger

At the end of the day what the mother did was wrong.
Stop fishing for an argument.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Ill be honest I have a 7 yr old and and would never even tell them what gay is let alone doing it for this reason.

If your child genuinely came up to you and said:

"Daddy, what does Homosexual mean?"

What would you say?

edit on 7-12-2011 by skitzspiricy because: Changed "Gay" to Homosexual"

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

2nd.

2nd.

To test our faith. Gays are alot like Dinosaur bones really.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Gay means happy...

Fag means cigarette....

Should we continue on with the words that have multiple meaning and a child's ability to understand the difference?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

So I will bet a weeks pay that this child grows up to be gay, and not on his own accord. I think this is not about him loving his moms, what does the woman have to gain by doing this?

How the hell do you work that one out? Gay people are brought up by straight parents so going by your logic, there should be no gay people because the parents' sexuality will have influenced their child. And we both know that isn't true. Your logic is bizarre and frankly idiotic.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by theovermensch

Originally posted by buster2010

2nd.

2nd.

To test our faith. Gays are alot like Dinosaur bones really.

....or maybe it was all made up by people 2k years ago who decided they wanted to change the world into what they wanted by duping the people into believing something thats not true?

Think about it - A group of people out to swindle the people, and using a "made up person" to help them pull it off. Whats even more genius is the made up person doesn't require a cut of the profits.

Do gays exist - yup
Do dinosaurs exist - yup
Does God exist - Film at 11 (only on pay per view)
edit on 7-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by electricalpup
What do you suggest?

Would you suggest tar and feather? How about this, stockade? I know, how about ripping this child from his mother and place in foster care where his developing mind can be further damaged or possibly child raped because you think his developing mind can be attuned to your brainwaves.

You have not a clue, have you placed yourself in this child's shoes? Here is a possibility,maybe this child has experienced enough hate directed at his mother where she had to explain to this beautiful son why people are treating her like her life has no value or she is evil, just maybe he questioned why.

I thank the universe, creator or God himself, this child sees the love in his mother, and he ask from his developing heart and not with a barbaric mind.

What do I suggest? Ok ill go there. I think unfortunately its too late for this generation, but being gay is more of a statement than anything. Its a lifestyle, and sometimes a very dirty one at that(when illegal drugs become involved). I think this "oh its ok to be gay and be yourself" and all this pro gay stuff is disgusting imho. WHY? Because, I love women but I do not go around and announce it and tell my family all about it. I dont "act" a certain way (being overly feminin) or in my case over masculine, just to get a rise out of people. Now, I already said I dont have a problem if people are gay, lets just be adult about it unlike this moronic mother who chose not to.

You clearly DO have a problem with gay people no matter what you say to the contrary. This whole post proves it. I'm gay -- tell me what sort of statement I'm making. And as for your lifestyle comment, being gay is NOT a lifestyle, it's a sexual orientation and not one that we can choose (although I'm sure you'll soon correct me on that despite clearly having no idea of what you're talking about). Do straight people not take drugs then? You'll have to clarify that one for me too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join