It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 yr. old tells Bachmann: " My moms gay but she doesnt need fixing"- Child Abuse?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan

Originally posted by luciddream
Aside from the using of child for their own agenda....what shocks me is that..

......people still think gay is a lifestyle choice? wow.. people are programmed to like certain gender from birth, unless some chemical from the environment affects their brain, no, its not a lifestyle choice. i can't one day wake up and be like, "hmmm, i think i will like men today."

Having a gay parents does not make someone gay or vice versa.

Where is the proof it is not a choice? I see studies pointing to the possibility but not one shred of evidence of a gay gene or what have you. Gay is wrong no matter how you slice it and it's a choice anyone can make and many do conciously. Then fall back on the excuse it's "in their genes".

So what, some killers say the same. It's in their genes to kill, shall we let them roam the earth too?
People who are cannibals can say its in their genes too, shall we accept that?

Gay sex is known to cause disease unless protection is used, with that being said, how is being gay at all natural? I can have sex with a woman without protection and she will get pregnant, but no disease comes from nowhere.

You want to be gay that's fine, but don't be deluded into thinking "you didn't have a choice". You did, but your conditioning is weak and you do whatever your impulses tell you and a sense of rebellion may drive you. Deep down inside though, you know it's wrong.

Flame away.

Considering that this person doesn't know that you CAN get STDs from "straight sex," I think we can safely ignore him and assume that he may be slightly retarded. In fact, I encourage you to head down to your local street corner and have sex with the nastiest looking woman available. No problem since you can't get an STD from her, right?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The real abuse is Bachman and her hubbie with their "straight conversion" programs. That's just sick. You can really scar someone for life with that backwater hogwash. It's genetic, bible thumpers, get over it.
edit on 7-12-2011 by kazanoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Using the same reasoning in the OP one would say that Religion is also at the same level of indoctrination that exerts duressive influence onto the developing mind of a child.

Why would the fact that her mother is gay be such a shameful thing? Why would the mother hide this from her child? Why is the communication of a factually true piece of information be a form of abuse, yet raising children up to believe fairy tales as true is not? Why is teaching tolerance bad when it is seemingly okay to teach a child to be intolerant via religious dogma?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

You want to be gay that's fine, but don't be deluded into thinking "you didn't have a choice". You did, but your conditioning is weak and you do whatever your impulses tell you and a sense of rebellion may drive you. Deep down inside though, you know it's wrong.

For you to adamantly believe what you say it must not only ring true to you but also FOR you. So did you have that choice? Did you make the correct choice(lol)? In retrospect, are you happy with yourself and the choice you made?

Get rid of hateful books please, thank you.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
reply to post by Vardoger

My sentiments exactly. This is child abuse. I guarantee you this boy will turn out gay because of this mothers idiotic parenting style

How so? Do you think your own sexual impulses are so easily persuaded? I very much doubt it.

-rrr

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This reminds me of the Joe the Plumber story when Obama was campaigning. The difference being that the questioner is a child.

The issues are different too. Joe was questioning the security of his job. The kid was questioning his parents right to equality.

I don't see it as abuse to the child because when you deal in arbitrary hatred, such as Bachmann does with her stance on same sex couples, you deserve to be called out in public and shown what the actual realities of your hatred look like. After all, children might like to live in a world with less hate and they are in fact us citizens.

Next have a 20 something stand up to one of the stooges and ask them why things like marijuana are illegal but not cigs or beer. Have a senior get up and ask why they have to worry their social security that they paid into may not be available.

Whatever age group it affects, I'm fine with a rep of that age group calling out any of these freedom Rampling clowns, and as often as possible.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
Using the same reasoning in the OP one would say that Religion is also at the same level of indoctrination that exerts duressive influence onto the developing mind of a child.

Why would the fact that her mother is gay be such a shameful thing? Why would the mother hide this from her child? Why is the communication of a factually true piece of information be a form of abuse, yet raising children up to believe fairy tales as true is not? Why is teaching tolerance bad when it is seemingly okay to teach a child to be intolerant via religious dogma?

Absoutely spot on.

Further to that, I remember at 7, telling my mum I wanted her and my dad to give up smoking. My parents never smoked infront of me, never pretended it was healthy - yet from external societal influences I guess I concluded it probably wasn't a good thing. In fact, my recollection is that I asked her to give up in front of our neighbour - quite embarassing for all parties!

My point is, just because it comes from a child's mouth, doesn't mean it was put there through force.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

I'm sure it's ok to tell your children the gospel right? It's ok to teach them about hell right? hell, the place where god sets people on fire for eternity is ok, but a woman who loves a woman is so terrible, right?
So you're telling me this lady is abusing her child? Can you see how backwards and sick this way of thinking is?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I personally think this is child abuse. Using your kid like that with a developing mind, to try and push your own agenda. I Love the look that bachmann gives the woman
Anyhow, what do you think about this horrible parent?
Ill be honest I have a 7 yr old and and would never even tell them what gay is let alone doing it for this reason. I dont have anything against gays, but I dont think this is how kids should be used in their personal agenda.
www.theblaze.com...
edit on 6-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: spellin

No worse then the brain washing number conservative parents put on their own children. So funny how, If it isn't "Conservative Values" parents are teaching their children it's got to be child abuse then!!!
edit on 7-12-2011 by Procession101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
People have something to prove I guess. So they will use their kids as pawns to do the dirty work.
It's a two way street.

Anyways, even though the OP is totally outnumbered he does indeed have every right to voice his opinion.

The day that it becomes illegal to speak out about things like this, is the day that Free Speech dies.
Check out this old dusty ATS thread I wrote on the subject: link

I don't really care about people's sex lives though, it's totally inconsequential to me. And it's really disconcerting that people try to make this subject a big political issue, of which it isn't. That goes for BOTH sides of the issue, pro and con.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The first two posts on this thread. Really Odd.

NO its not child abuse.

Sex Education begins very young, there are even books for it, at 2 and 3 etc. I remember asking where babies came from very young and being told the exact truth. And I'm very happy for open, intelligent parents, with higher than mensa IQ's. Mind you my father was a teacher and we had 3 in the family, on both sides.

All children notice quite young, whenever his/her parents are different than everyone elses, its really a relief to just explain it all quite matter of factly from 2 on like all the rest should be done.

Anything else is ABUSE.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Hey OP, bonus points if you manage to answer this question:

Since you feel the child is being abused;

Hypothetically speaking; how do you feel about a child being bullied by other children because he or she happens to have two moms/dads?

Now, where would these bullies get their behavior and attitude from? Where do they learn the hateful and intolerant comments they utter in school?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101
No worse then the brain washing number conservative parents put on their own children. So funny how, If it isn't "Conservative Values" parents are teaching their children it's got to be child abuse then!!!
edit on 7-12-2011 by Procession101 because: (no reason given)

It's not my business what people tell their kids. I have better things to worry about, like I dunno, what I am going to tell my own kids?

"Sticks and stones can break your bones but words will never hurt you."

Child abuse is extreme and leaves lasting physical damage, telling the kid stupid incorrect things is well, NORMAL. No one knows everything, there is no perfectly correct person. So everyone is guilty of telling kids fiction from time to time, everyone.

So I don't really care what fantasies or stupidity people put into their kids head. It's not my bad. I'll worry about what my kids think.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

That is plain wrong.

What if your own child is properly raised and then some other kid who is raised like a monster decides to beat your child?

I bet you'd care what others teach their kids then. In fact, your caring would be parallel to the suffering caused by your child.

"No man is an island."

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
Or.... maybe the child loves his moms and knows even at young age that they do not need fixing?

Or.... maybe the child doesn't know better. Abused children defend their parents to the last straw because they don't know better. I realize this is a "feel good" thing for you, but in reality the kid just doesn't know and it IS abuse.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I personally think this is child abuse. Using your kid like that with a developing mind, to try and push your own agenda. I Love the look that bachmann gives the woman
Anyhow, what do you think about this horrible parent?
Ill be honest I have a 7 yr old and and would never even tell them what gay is let alone doing it for this reason. I dont have anything against gays, but I dont think this is how kids should be used in their personal agenda.
www.theblaze.com...
edit on 6-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: spellin

Are you kidding me? It's child abuse to tell a child that nothing is wrong with their mom but it isn't child abuse to tell a child that their mom is damaged and needs repairing even though nothing is wrong with them? You have some screwy logic, sir.
edit on 7-12-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

???? Where in the article did it mention abuse. I heard the word gay. And that the child was one of the lucky unabused kids who were treated to information young like all children deserve and like I already posted anything else is abuse to me.

Where in the article did it say anything about abuse.

Sexual education is not abuse. Lack of it is. And it needs to start young. Sex education is not coaching in how to have sex by the way, is that what you think? What IQ is being represented in this thread?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
www.time.com...
Study: Children of Lesbians May Do Better Than Their Peers

I've known this for some time. Its obvious. Children need to be treated with dignity and fully educated about the world, and they're already one step ahead if they have parents in healthy alternative relationship (healthy means they're not child abusers or sociopaths or paedefiles) as they're seeing things from an intelligent minority position and prone to see through the matrix alot faster. Sex education is not sexualizing kids, by the way.

edit on 7-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ComeFindMe

Good point.
My mom always smoked in front of me and I do not.

Now please, someone tell me I'm just this brilliant exception to the rule and have exeptional reasoning skills and a strong constitution.

edit on 7-12-2011 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

Originally posted by CREAM
Or.... maybe the child loves his moms and knows even at young age that they do not need fixing?

Or.... maybe the child doesn't know better. Abused children defend their parents to the last straw because they don't know better. I realize this is a "feel good" thing for you, but in reality the kid just doesn't know and it IS abuse.

So, what your saying is that the fact that is parents are homosexual and he wants to defend them is abuse. Who are you to say that he doesn't know better? From where I'm sitting, he knows a heck of a lot more than you do. He knows that his parents don't need 'fixing'. He knows that both his parents love him and that the sexual orientation of them means nothing when it comes to family.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join