It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we really need the Police?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

You don't need them and never will?
Rubbish, you dont know whats going to happen in the furure, I bet if you thought "Oh bugger Iam in trouble here" you would call them and ask for help.
Never say never, because you dont know whats around the corner, yes you may have been able to deal with situations yourself, but there is always a situation around the corner where you will need help.
I could give many examples where you would call the cops and ask for their assistance but hey your an intelligent guy and can figure those out yourself.
edit on 6-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Who said I dont know my rights? You assume alot. You are also pretty condesending. If you feel that you are helpless without the Police and that the world would collapse around us without them....fine. I disagree.

And I am getting to the rest of your post. Hold your horses.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I havent.And wouldnt. What makes you assume I cannot look after myself? What makes yopu sure I would dishonour myself and lower myself to the level of 'helpless victim' I am no victim. nd the world does not scare me. If I am shot or bashed I hope someone calls an Ambulance but the Police can [Snip] off.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Fortunately or unfortunately, I'm really not sure which, but we will always need police.
They keep the small time guys from being big time and they put the big time guys in a grave or jail.
Police just need a refresher course on exactly what their CONSTITUTIONAL duties and responsibilities are, MONTHLY.
Offenders should be prosecuted and dealt with.
There are still good cops out there, we just generally do not get a Youtube of them.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Seems to me you could shoot yourself in the foot because of your hatred of cops.
OMG they pull you over, how sad for you.
They help people everyday, Oh and I dont buy the I can take care of myself routine, there are situations where you would have to call the cops for assistance.
Not bothering with this thread anymore, why? because the OP doesn't understand that Cops can save your life and I for one am thankful that we have them.
edit on 6-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I don't mean to come off condescending, but if you knew your rights, your actual rights, not the ones that the "constitution" provides to the Corporate Fiction that they created when you were born, but your actual inborn law of the land rights; you would not feel the way you do about law enforcement.

Because you'd never get hassled, you'd never get detained and you'd never get charged with a crime unless it actually harmed somebody else.

Again, I don't feel helpless without the police, I am completely and utterly empowered to defend myself and my rights. However I do see the police for what they are, a service to be used when I deem it necessary.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Text Who in all honesty is just some dude who works 9-5 for crap wages and who really is no different han you, most of the time. Again there are bad cops, but to say that they are all like that, is just well, plain slander and silly.

were there good Nazi's? I am sorry my blanket statement offends you so much. Whether they are good people is irrelevant,I am sure there were plenty of good decent people that were Nazi's. I am sure there are a few good cops,my point is that the service they provide is unjustified,unnecessary and at the very least it is overkill.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Why should they pull me over for a RBT? It is a violation of my liberty. If they had a reason to stop me fine. It is just like the 'stop searches' that are becoming more and more common. Maybe they should focus on crime instead of hassling me for no good reason.
edit on 6-12-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

edit on 6-12-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

I don't mean to come off condescending, but if you knew your rights, your actual rights, not the ones that the "constitution" provides to the Corporate Fiction that they created when you were born, but your actual inborn law of the land rights; you would not feel the way you do about law enforcement.

Because you'd never get hassled, you'd never get detained and you'd never get charged with a crime unless it actually harmed somebody else.

Again, I don't feel helpless without the police, I am completely and utterly empowered to defend myself and my rights. However I do see the police for what they are, a service to be used when I deem it necessary.

~Keeper
Have you ever tried to empower yourself against the police? Telling them that you have rights, is tant ammount to saying "I pay your wages" to them, and they don't like it. They will find ANY reason to bring you in, even if no reason exists. The best thing to do is say NOTHING to them EVER. Cops can't be trusted, I know I will never trust one, nor will I ever talk to them as human. As they are unable to afford me the same rights. (or they don't seem able) and I've been knicked by some soundish coppers, I know not ACAB (but it's certainly more than a few bad apples) But I just will never trust one, never. Pure fact. Cops are filth.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Lets start with this. What makes you assume I am American?

Even though I am not I would put my knowledge of the constitution up against yours.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by theovermensch

were there good Nazi's? I am sorry my blanket statement offends you so much. Whether they are good people is irrelevant,I am sure there were plenty of good decent people that were Nazi's. I am sure there are a few good cops,my point is that the service they provide is unjustified,unnecessary and at the very least it is overkill.

This is an example of a straw man argument. You cannot compare law enforcement to the Nazi's. Again that is slander and silly.

I'm not offended by your blanket statement, I'm actually sad for you. This is not meant as an insult, but you lack understanding of law enforcement, therefore you don't like it. It's a very common reaction for humans.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
WOW what a completely ignorant post. I've never had the fire department help me either, so they must be irrelevant too. But I've also never played World of Warcraft so what do we need that steaming pile of crap for?

Mexico basically has no police, how's that working for them?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Yes I have, on multiple occasions, because I know my inherent rights provided to me by Magna Carta, I am not a corporate fiction.

I do not use these silly charter of freedoms and human rights as they are actually a limitation of my rights as a member of the race of man.

The best thing you can do as a citizen is make law enforcement understand that they are there to serve you. Knowing what to say and how to say it is the tricky part.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
WOW what a completely ignorant post. I've never had the fire department help me either, so they must be irrelevant too. But I've also never played World of Warcraft so what do we need that steaming pile of crap for?

Mexico basically has no police, how's that working for them?

How many times do you see the fire department beat homeless people to death for no reason, or peperspray 84 year old ladies in the face for no reason ect ect.....

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

If you are driving, you have made a contract to do so safely.
Remember, travel is a right, but driving is a priveledge.
So, if you break said contract, you should have to pay.
There is a reason why driving is a priveledge, I have never seen a drunk walker careen into a family and kill them all, the same can not be said for a drunk driver, or a sober one for that!
If you play their game, you will do so by their rules, simple as that.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I never assumed you were American. Most countries have a Constitution. That's not synonymous with America.

You are actually from Australia I think.

Regardless of my knowledge or your knowledge of the American Constitution ( I am not American FYI) those are a limitation of your rights and should NOT be used as the basis to say that you are a free human being.

~Keeper
edit on 12/6/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by theovermensch

This is an example of a straw man argument. You cannot compare law enforcement to the Nazi's. Again that is slander and silly.

You can to an extent. The NAZIs were after all, just people following orders. Like cops who beat people for no reason, or kill for no reason, or harrass people for no reason, and who think they are above us all becasue they wear a uniform.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Again, that's a few police out of every hundred who give the rest of them a bad name. No you cannot compare them to a group of people who committed genocide.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Text but if you knew your rights, your actual rights, not the ones that the "constitution" provides to the Corporate Fiction that they created when you were born, but your actual inborn law of the land rights; you would not feel the way you do about law enforcement.

You prove my point. I know my rights.I said at the start of this I stopped them from lookinfg in my bag after I asked them for badges. I also said that I defended myself in court and beat the Police that were trying to put an unwarranted,unjustified AVO on me(rare). I know my rights.

Alot of people do not know their rights. I feel sorry for them. Poor uneducated people are the biggest target for the Police. Alot do not know their actual rights and the Police take full advantage. Every day there is a story about some poor person that has been wrongfully detained and mistreated. They are almost always uneducated and poor. I wish they knew their real rights. Have you ever watched COPS? That show makes my blood boil.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
we should all be taking care of ourselves and not abdicating to another.
clans and family would seek their own justice.
if cars are driven reckless and endangering - then the clan could go hunt the perp.
there would be less crime - not more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join