It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we really need the Police?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
See the problem (and hence the argument between the two) is one is speaking about the term lawful, what it means, why it's valid or not valid and how it is interpreted. In other words the concept of it. And the other is speaking about application of the law, what is the norm, and why the norm accepted. In other words enforcement of it. Essentially you are both speaking about the same thing but in different contexts.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MiloNickels

I don't care if you are SITTING IN YOUR HOUSE--WHEN A COP SPOTS YOU THROUGH THE WINDOW smoking a joint, drinking a beer [at the age of 20], banging a hooker, possessing crack, and carrying a loaded gun in your sock--

Close the curtains and they wouldn't bother you. Having the curtains open makes it public indecency because you can be seen from the street. I wouldn't bother the guy for smoking and drinking. He might roll his own tobacco and might be over 21. So, no need to get involved. But sex while in public view is considerred indecent in most places. It violates other people's rights to travel through a given public area without being forced to view sexual acts the local standards may consider lewd, offensive, and immoral.

A cop wouldn't have any way to know about any of the other stuff. Your indiscretion would be what gets you in trouble. When he aproaches to get you to close the curtains and smells marijuana he gets probable cause.

Me, I agree with LEAP. So, I would probably just ask you to flush the marijuana and leave you alone if your info didn't come back with any warants.

Where I live, if you are on your own property the gun in your sock is no issue, unless you are a convicted felon. I would ask you to turn it over, and unload it, when I left you would get it back unloaded. That would simply be for my protection. There was a deputy shot and killed today while serving a warant for non-support. I don't want to be that guy.
edit on 8-12-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Mr. Mean, you're an idiot for replying to me an not saying anything, I know your game, I know your mind.

You're so eager to let human beings down, shame on you.

edit on 8-12-2011 by greyer because: shame on you

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MiloNickels

I was directly referencing the laws and points brought up here, otherwise we would be here all day going through each law passed step by step.

Its disappointing that you chose to make that particular frame of reference to me. State endorsed genocide is quite clearly an exceptional and unacceptable act that clearly has no place in any civilised society.

Illegal drug use, prostitution and unlicensed gun control all have a fundamentally negative impact on society. Believing that if you do it 'in your own home, it doesnt matter' only really works as a valid argument if you live a life of solitude - as soon as you start interacting - buying drugs, procuring sex, obtaining weaponry illegitimately - you perpetuate existing problems.

I have questioned the validity of the laws in question - else I wouldn't bother defending them, would I?

I do not presume that the Government will always know whats best for me. I do however know that after a couple thousand years, the system now has come a long way and even being born 80 years before I was, I would have gotten a much worse lot in life.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
reply to post by MikeNice81

Mr. Mean, you're an idiot for replying to me an not saying anything, I know your game, I know your mind.

You're so eager to let human beings down, shame on you.

edit on 8-12-2011 by greyer because: shame on you

He's just a product of the system our government has created to control the population.

Remember our lovely police who are here to "serve and protect" are being trained that, unless you make millions of dollars, you are the enemy.

I actually feel bad for the "systemized (yes I know it's not a word)" city cronies, they have lost all rational thinking and been brainwashed. No wonder the highest professional suicide rate is in our law enforcement community, eventually all the separation from your fellow man will get to you.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
He's just a product of the system our government has created to control the population.

Remember our lovely police who are here to "serve and protect" are being trained that, unless you make millions of dollars, you are the enemy.

I actually feel bad for the "systemized (yes I know it's not a word)" city cronies, they have lost all rational thinking and been brainwashed. No wonder the highest professional suicide rate is in our law enforcement community, eventually all the separation from your fellow man will get to you.

Those are some good words, nice to see such understanding. I didn't think of brainwashing, but thought it was all an individual choice to develop that rationality. To me the idea that you are better than another person is the root of all evil, there is no way the world can ever get along like that. They are offered to leave society by the hands of the government. It paints the exact picture of the devil offering a lure of power in exchange for one's soul. I saw words from him that for the first time gave me a panic attack when seeing an internet forum lol but not too funny.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by grahag

Originally posted by MatthiasGoliath
"The police used to watch over the people, now they're watching the people."
- Charles Manson

Probably not a good idea to quote Charles Manson if you're trying to make a point. He's crazy and quoting him makes YOU look crazy.

But you gotta admit...he's a great singer.

No but really, Manson is nuts.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by grahag

If you can determine I'm crazy because I quote Charles Manson, you're a better man than I. Jerry Rubin, Diane Sawyer, Geraldo, Penny Daniels... these people must be crazy as well, for quoting him. But I'm off topic and just as out-of-context as you... moving on.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join