It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must Have Google Trick for Conspiracies - Thought I'd Share My Favorite Way to Search

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I found a simple trick to get the best that Google has to offer on every topic, especially conspiracies. If you want the stuff they don't want you to read, follow this simple step:

Do your Google search and then go to the last page of results. Work backward. What's really interesting is, these are some of the best articles on blogs that are intentionally sent to the bottom of the results. Also, any time Google does something strange, head to the bottom. Often, they leave clues and messages on the very last search result.

If you find something amazing, post it here. Share what you find. I'm curious to see if anyone else thinks this works.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Just a thought, but if Google really wanted to hide something from us wouldn't they just omit it from the search all together?
I'll try it anyway.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Whatcha gonna search for? I wanna try it, but I am tired and sleepy and can't come up with any good juicy conspiracy thoughts rite now!!??

Help a sista out and give me a direction to head.......

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
reply to post by GmoS719

Whatcha gonna search for? I wanna try it, but I am tired and sleepy and can't come up with any good juicy conspiracy thoughts rite now!!??

Butt Gnomes...What else?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Actually this works pretty well.

The 'news' filter works to screen out any conspiracy related results.
I have also found that choosing the results for 'blogs' returns significant findings.

From there, use key search terms in the blog posts to seek out 'scholarly articles' and
pdf files. From there, it should be smooth sailing!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Oh my GARSH..... I have never wondered if there is a conspiracy connected to butt gnomes, but I guess I'll be finding out shortly!!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

I found a simple trick to get the best that Google has to offer on every topic, especially conspiracies. If you want the stuff they don't want you to read, follow this simple step:

Do your Google search and then go to the last page of results. Work backward. What's really interesting is, these are some of the best articles on blogs that are intentionally sent to the bottom of the results. Also, any time Google does something strange, head to the bottom. Often, they leave clues and messages on the very last search result.

If you find something amazing, post it here. Share what you find. I'm curious to see if anyone else thinks this works.

How do you get to the "last" entry/page when there are over a million hits???
I tried to search various topics with "Michal Chrichton" in the search string, and all had over a million hits.

Suggestions?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

reply to post by GmoS719

"above top secret"

If anything good is sent to the bottom, it's probably from this website.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I bet you're exactly right!!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

I tried to search various topics with "Michal Chrichton" in the search string, and all had over a million hits.

Suggestions?

Last page and work back. More popular topics like Israel will give you 80+ pages. The best results are at the end.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
But why does Google send threads from ATS to the top of the search list?

Try it, search for "Google Trick for conspiracies."
It's a front page hit....actually it's number 1 excluding the youtube ones.
Any thread from ATS automatically gets sent to the top of their search list.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Suggestions?

Last page and work back. More popular topics like Israel will give you 80+ pages. The best results are at the end.

Yes I understand I want to begin at the last page. How do I get there expeditiously? They don't have a sort feature. I click on page 10, then lookee, there's a 19. I click it, and it then goes up to 27, etc. etc...

Roger that? Can you help me?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

Just a thought, but if Google really wanted to hide something from us wouldn't they just omit it from the search all together?
I'll try it anyway.

My guess is that somebody, somewhere would notice and cry 'foul.' At least if the list is - albeit last - they've made an effort and are above reproach.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Suggestions?

Yes I understand I want to begin at the last page. How do I get there expeditiously? They don't have a sort feature. I click on page 10, then lookee, there's a 19. I click it, and it then goes up to 27, etc. etc...

Roger that? Can you help me?

Great reward comes from suffering a few clicks.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Well, my search returned 1.65 million hits, and I only had to click on the last page number four times to get to the last page. It's not too time consuming, and I don't know any other way to get to the last page of google results!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The minus sign (-) helps you weed out the junk in your search results, if you didnt already know that. if you see search results that looks like its throwing you off course of finding your conspiracy, for example if cnn keeps popping up just type in the search bar, (conspiracy keywords) -cnn ,then hit search and cnn should be removed from you results.. Hope I helped someone.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

reply to post by new_here

Well, my search returned 1.65 million hits, and I only had to click on the last page number four times to get to the last page. It's not too time consuming, and I don't know any other way to get to the last page of google results!

Wow, really? I gave up after 8 clicks. Gosh, with 1.65 million hits, how did you get to the end in 4 clicks? Estimating 25 links per page, we're talking 64,000 google pages full of links!!! I want to know your trick. Right now!!!
LoL, kidding with the mad face, but really... I don't get it.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Do your Google search and then go to the last page of results. Work backward. What's really interesting is, these are some of the best articles on blogs that are intentionally sent to the bottom of the results.

Thanks, I'll try it, They always bury the needle at the bottom of the haystack don't they? This could be a magnet on a string trick, huh? I like to Google something and then search Image Results. Pictures tell me better than a 1000 words what might be on the site. It's quicker too and the images are always welcome here as an addition to the hustle and flow on a thread.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
After you search something you can get to the last page by typing &start=900 in your web browser at the end of what already exists within the browser. Sometimes it doesnt get you all the eay to the end but close enough

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Oh yea I have heard that one!

I have heard and read that the sites that are at the top pay to be in the top results or to have their site come up in google searches. I can't remember who told me but they did something involving it and made money! I dont know how it works but I wouldnt be surprised! God I wish I could remember!!! AHHH!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join