It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must Have Google Trick for Conspiracies - Thought I'd Share My Favorite Way to Search

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JessopJessopJessop

Common sense? Try replacing the word 'Google' in your post with 'we/I/you/us'.

Personally I refuse to use google for the reason stated a few post above me. I used 'VROOSH' for years but for some reason, ever since ATT took over my Altel, I can't reach it anymore. Looking for a better one and am now sufficed using 'Dogpile',
edit on 6-12-2011 by geo1066 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
But why does Google send threads from ATS to the top of the search list?

Try it, search for "Google Trick for conspiracies."
It's a front page hit....actually it's number 1 excluding the youtube ones.
Any thread from ATS automatically gets sent to the top of their search list.

how very interesting that ATS automatically is sent to the "top" of search list - i suppose alex jones and the rest have something in common, eh?

thanks for the tip because i have been unable to access sites i've been to for years - which doesn't surprise me in the least -

s/f

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Hmm..

I don't think they remove all the good stuff.

You'll need to think about that Everything written on the internet, goes on their search engine.
It's automatic, not manual.

Then when someone search for, lets say 'bicycle', then it will remember how many have been searching for this, so it knows what most popular, and that way it keeps it simple and easy.

Its even possible to get secret data from companies, one hacker tells about how easy and mind blowing it is.

If you know how to search on google, then you can find pretty much everything.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite

Originally posted by Ghost375
But why does Google send threads from ATS to the top of the search list?

Try it, search for "Google Trick for conspiracies."
It's a front page hit....actually it's number 1 excluding the youtube ones.
Any thread from ATS automatically gets sent to the top of their search list.

how very interesting that ATS automatically is sent to the "top" of search list - i suppose alex jones and the rest have something in common, eh?

thanks for the tip because i have been unable to access sites i've been to for years - which doesn't surprise me in the least -

s/f

Its because ATS is a populated website - its populare

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Holy crap. There really are butt gnomes.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I apologize if you percieved my statement as a disagreement.
Common sense, to me, means 'simple,basic,direct,etc. example is: 1+1=2.

I was suggesting the word replacement just to keep my definition of 'common sense'. Here's my edited version of your post:

(editted quote)
If something is on the back page it's usually that it's not related to your keyword, or the website is new and has no back links, therefore no credibility in Googles(your) opinion.

Google doesn't(we don't) have the time to every day personally look at billions of individual websites, articles and videos and rank them based on content and quality for the billions of keyword combination's in the world.

I understand that google does(we do) not do this intentionally. It is that we(try this:Google) don't take the time to go through all the data and will only check the first couple of related items and be content with those thus keeping those items at the front. Yes that's common sense.

Now common sense tells me that everybody checking the last pages of thier searches is going to result in thier findings not being on the last page anymore.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by geo1066

I apologize if you percieved my statement as a disagreement.
Common sense, to me, means 'simple,basic,direct,etc. example is: 1+1=2.

I was suggesting the word replacement just to keep my definition of 'common sense'. Here's my edited version of your post:

(editted quote)
If something is on the back page it's usually that it's not related to your keyword, or the website is new and has no back links, therefore no credibility in Googles(your) opinion.

Google doesn't(we don't) have the time to every day personally look at billions of individual websites, articles and videos and rank them based on content and quality for the billions of keyword combination's in the world.

I understand that google does(we do) not do this intentionally. It is that we(try this:Google) don't take the time to go through all the data and will only check the first couple of related items and be content with those thus keeping those items at the front. Yes that's common sense.

Now common sense tells me that everybody checking the last pages of thier searches is going to result in thier findings not being on the last page anymore.

I still don't understand what you're getting at. When I say there's no credibility given by Google that's exactly what I mean. It's not my opinion, I'm not Google.

The OP is suggesting that there's humans sat around trying to withhold the truth by moving website results from the first page, often leaving "clues" for you in doing so. OP is wrong. It isn't possible for Google to employ the staff or even have the time to constantly stay on top of BILLIONS of website pages for BILLIONS of different keyword variable - Therefore, I repeat, it's common sense that Google aren't engaged in a hands on human conspiracy in which they're actively forcing "the truth" to the end pages.

Do you have some sort of contention with any of my statements? I really can't see where you're coming from here

edit on 6-12-2011 by JessopJessopJessop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
What a grate Idea, I will keep it in mind

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I have a contention. When you report a link as being malicious it is most assured that Google handles it manually.
So when you say they wont hire people to go through links, you are technically wrong.

Also, you assume much. Unless you work at google and know all of their procedures, which is highly doubtful. Who's to say they don't go through some sites that are parsed through and the system deems them "reviewable by human eyes".

Who really knows, they don't divulge much about how they do anything. You coming here speaking like your their spokesman makes you quite pretentious.

From there, what if google is mandated by government to look into some pages with key terms and check them out to ensure their not radical, terrorist, or hacker web sites? Again, this is a possibility but I dont know for sure.

The reason I post this is because the way you talk is like your an official, which your not. Your a techie who has some insights on how technology works, so am I. Doesn't mean I know how google runs. Doesn't mean my guess is more right then anyone elses either.
edit on 6-12-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan
I have a contention. When you report a link as being malicious it is most assured that Google handles it manually.
So when you say they wont hire people to go through links, you are technically wrong.

Well no, I'm not. Google does not individually go through websites and rank them for every keyword variable in existence according to some sort of establishment bias within Google. Google might inspect malicious websites, but that's neither here or there and has nothing to do with page ranking or the subject at hand.

Also, you assume much. Unless you work at google and know all of their procedures, which is highly doubtful. Who's to say they don't go through some sites that are parsed through and the system deems them "reviewable by human eyes".

Again, I'd say irrelevant. Even if they do review some sites - which nobody has denied - it's not evidence of the OP claims. Google does not push conspiracy websites back because they don't want you to read them. It's a silly claim. A claim easily proven false. The OP can link me to one of these blog posts he thinks Google are manipulating and I will prove him wrong if he gives me the opportunity. Of course even if I proved the notion wrong I'm sure the excuses would start.

Who really knows, they don't divulge much about how they do anything. You coming here speaking like your their spokesman makes you quite pretentious.

They don't have to divulge anything, their algorithms are largely understood. Not absolutely, but to the extent that it's easy to manipulate your Google position for a given keyword.

From there, what if google is mandated by government to look into some pages with key terms and check them out to ensure their not radical, terrorist, or hacker web sites? Again, this is a possibility but I dont know for sure.

And what if they are? I can't see what that has to do with the OP thinking Google are manipulating results for conspiracy keywords.

The reason I post this is because the way you talk is like your an official, which your not. Your a techie who has some insights on how technology works, so am I. Doesn't mean I know how google runs. Doesn't mean my guess is more right then anyone elses either.

Well the difference is I'm not guessing. I'm making informed statements based on observed evidence and fact. Everything I've said pertaining to the nature of Google algorithms is categorically true. Everything the OP has stated is baseless, born of paranoia and an ignorance of how search engines prioritise results.

If you want to say I'm pretentious because I'm informed and knowledgeable on the Google ranking system then that's your prerogative.

Regardless of whether you perceive - or even whether there actually is - an arrogance or ego, what I've stated in this thread is correct. Unless you have evidence to the contrary that extends beyond what-ifs.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yes, very good tip! I will start doing this myself...imagine all the good stuff we are missing when we only search the first 100 pages lol.

---

*snip*
edit on Tue Dec 6 2011 by Jbird because: removed spam

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JessopJessopJessop

Originally posted by geo1066

Common sense? Try replacing the word 'Google' in your post with 'we/I/you/us'.

Personally I refuse to use google for the reason stated a few post above me. I used 'VROOSH' for years but for some reason, ever since ATT took over my Altel, I can't reach it anymore. Looking for a better one and am now sufficed using 'Dogpile',
edit on 6-12-2011 by geo1066 because: (no reason given)

Yes, common sense. It's common sense that Google does not have the staff to personally oversee the ranking of billions of pages, for billions of different keyword variations. Suggesting that Google has humans sat around meddling with results if profoundly stupid and ignorant.

They use complex algorithms and scripts. There's no conspiracy.

hmm, I agreed with you up until this post. There's probably only a handful of things they would want to hide. If you knew what you were looking for, it'd be easy to find material that you want to hide. They would only have to keep an eye on a handful of keywords, not billions.
I don't believe this is necessarily true. But it is common sense.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Forget Google.......Try Blekko.

Video tutorial on top of main page.
Slash Tagging is the theme.
It also streams video without going to the source website.
It's new and I like it.

One question. Why does it look for facebook when I pull up the main page?

New Blekko search engine

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Google is full of tracking cookies and it is trying to take over everything. Google Wallet, Google Reader, Google Health . . .

I use Duck Duck Go. I think that OmegaLogos pointed it out to me a while ago; all credit goes to him.

Duck Duck Go

Just my two ducky cents,
Seraph

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seraphnb

What does that have anything to do with the topic at all?? You think because you use a search engine that doesn't have a cookie you are OK? LOL Every page you go to has scripts embedded in it, and you are being tracked anyway. Even ATS has google-analytics scripts (not to mention about 5 or 6 other types of scripts), java, and flash running on their pages and you are picking up cookies from here. Just from being on ATS alone you are picking up youtube and facebook cookies. Not to mention that there are better sites out there to use besides the one you mentioned for search engines. However, this thread isn't about how to be safe from Google FYI.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I don't agree with anything your saying at all about Google. In fact, through some research we were looking at last year, Google is in fact manipulating site rankings. There are a number of many taboo subjects you can go google, and common information for that topic is not readily available. A perfect example of this is searches for "suicide." More specifically, how to commit suicide, painless ways to commit suicide, etc... When you do a search for this stuff, majority of the top rankings all come back to suicide prevention stuff. I haven't looked at it in quite some time, and just did a quick search on "painless ways to commit suicide" and the very top ranking site was a page with graphic pictures of people who were unsuccessful and what went wrong, horror stories, stories about going to hell, and just about everything else you can think of that would try to talk someone out of doing it, and then a crisis hotline number at the bottom of the page. Google use to be much worse at burying this stuff, but then it got out in the open they were in fact doing it, and I notice now it is not as edited as it once was, but majority of the stuff is to persuade you from doing it, rather than how to do it. If it wasn't being manipulated at all, then why is it that prevention stuff always comes up the highest in it's rankings, when you specialize your search with key words? In fact, if it wasn't manipulated or edited, then why is this the very first thing that comes up on every search you do related to the topic "Need help? In the U.S., call 1-800-273-8255
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline"

You are wrong in what you are saying if the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is always at the top of the list. Google is not only run by marketing, but it is absolutely run by censorship as well.
edit on 6-12-2011 by Awoken4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I went to an internet seminar of sorts. The guy told us the benefits or google advertising.
the sites the pop up first are the most used/popular.
some sites do pay to go up the ranks in Google. If u look to the right of your seach some will say Google advertisement

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Try this in google

top secret site:mil intitle: "what you're looking for" filetype:pdf

Or. confidential site:gov intitle: "" filetype:pdf

You can change intitle to intext. You can also do filetype:pdf|xsl|txt
edit on 6-12-2011 by SoulDarkness because: .

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by seraphnb

I tried your Duck Duck Go site.

Very Interesting, thanks!! A LOT of very good information on their first pages of how Google tracks your responses, and sends you personally to certain sites based on your last choices. A lot for me to look at and I think I'll try the site itself for a while.

I don't usually use google, because I got tired of how it always sends me to New Zealand info first just because I live here. I usually use Dogpile.com (like someone else here mentioned.)

I sort of do what you do SEd, as sometimes I just skip to pages in the middle, just to see what's hiding in there.

Would be interesting to hear about any other search engines people recommend, and why...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join