It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange wins right to Supreme Court hearing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Julian Assange wins right to Supreme Court hearing

www.bbc.co.uk

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has won the right to have his case against extradition to Sweden heard by the UK Supreme Court.

He lost a High Court battle last month to halt his removal for questioning over alleged sex offences and made the application to the UK's highest court.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Well now. I knew this was going to happen. Sorry the US you will have to wait longer before you get your hands on Assange.

If the UK Supreme Court goes in favor of Assange. Then what, does that mean the warrant for his arrest is dropped in the ocean.

One thing is for sure those who want to get their hands on this dude will not be happy one bit with his appeal being approved.

I for one hope the UK Supreme Court will rule in his favor and end this charade once and for all.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Unless the Swedish prosecutor / accuser drops the charges, the the warrant remains active. Should Assange leave England and visit a foreign country, he could be arrested there and extradited to Sweden.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

You speak as if the US is but one entity.

Just to clarify, the majority of the US is not interested in his "sex abuse" case. The only people interested in that case are those in Government seats of which he has been offending/exposing by releasing the truth and details regarding those same people. If the Government would learn to tell the truth, he wouldn't have to do it "behind the scenes" for them. In fact, I'm sure THEY don't even care about his "sexual abuse." They just know it's the only easy way to get rid of him, save the "double shot to the head, suicide" maneuver that would raise quite a few red flags.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

No they want him in their custody over the leaks scandal which involved that dude who leaked the information in the first place. Off course they are not interested in these sex allegations.

And another thing if he leaves England and say goes to Scotland or Wales or northern Ireland, nothing will happen to him, If the UK Supreme Courts rules in his favor, that ruling cannot be overruled by say a Scottish, Welsh or N.Irish Court.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I like to think he we be "sheltered" from the US might, He is probably useful to MI6.

Gary McKinnon is a good example, the British establishment doesn't give in to Washington so easily.
Wiki Gary Mckinnon

I know the CIA has accused Westminster of harbouring middle eastern "terrorists"
Link UK sponsors terroists

Hopefully Assange will give us some more gold.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Soapusmaximus

Actually there will be a debate over the Extradition treaty between Europe and the US today in the UK Parliament, which I find bizarre, I always thought the Extradition agreement between the UK and the US was agreed on separately between both administrations at the time.

But I suppose I learn new things every day.

I find it amusing the CIA would accuse anyone of habouring any terrorists after all they are the Leader in sponsoring Terrorists around the world.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The timing of the sex allegations is suspicious. It happens all the time to folks they need to silence or folks who the public seems to get behind.
Look at HERMAN CAIN ~

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
He is certainly entitled to his legal recourses...

But, in the end, he will be required to go to Sweden and face his accusers.

Suspicion of rape and sexual assault are not charges to be taken lightly, and ought to be dealt with in accordance with the facts of the case(s)...and not fobbed off as some conspiracy to get him because he has browned off most of the world's major democracies.

If he is a rapist (in addition to being a champion of free speech...as many believe), then he should pay the price for that aspect of his behaviour. If not....then he can go back to simply worrying whether or not the U.S. is going to be able to indict him for his activities associated with Wikileaks.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Not If the UK Supreme Court Rules against it. Then Assange could just stick two fingers up to the Swedish Prosecutor.

But I suppose the Swedish Persecutor could go to the European Court to have it overturned. Which would set a collision course between the UK Judicial System and the European Judicial System.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by mobiusmale

Not If the UK Supreme Court Rules against it. Then Assange could just stick two fingers up to the Swedish Prosecutor.

But I suppose the Swedish Persecutor could go to the European Court to have it overturned. Which would set a collision course between the UK Judicial System and the European Judicial System.

True enough.

I suppose what I meant to say was that I think he will likely lose his appeal.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
can people please watch this film before getting any more caught up in this pantomime. please.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

YES! GO Julian! Bravo!

S&F&
.....I am SO glad to hear this news. Thank you for posting.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Julian is only wanted for questioning, not for an arrest warrant. The Swedes know they have a weak case at best and if they are really bent on questioning him all they have to do is go to the UK and talk to him there.
edit on 5-12-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by WHOS READY
can people please watch this film before getting any more caught up in this pantomime. please.

www.youtube.com...

so they are saying Julian seems to be connected to the Rothchilds? well that put's a wrench in the sprocket doesn't it.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Who? Julian Who? Seriously .. is he relevant anymore? He had his 15 minutes. Nothing came of his claim that he'd be bringing down a bunch of hellfire on the gov'ts of the world. Seems to have been all talk .. and nothing to it.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Who? Julian Who? Seriously .. is he relevant anymore? He had his 15 minutes. Nothing came of his claim that he'd be bringing down a bunch of hellfire on the gov'ts of the world. Seems to have been all talk .. and nothing to it.

No. Wikileaks offered an incredible opportunity - access to inside information. It was up to us to analyze that information and determine how it might affect us.

Don't blame him because we didn't do our job.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

LOL you really think that? Wilileaks has disclosed quite a bit about dodgy stuff our governments, and its militery get up too. I guess once blind, always blind. Assange should be praised for doing what he has done. I wish there was more people out there like him that try and disclose information on our criminal governments that some people seem to think are mini Gods

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
LOL you really think that?

LOL you really think otherwise?
Show me something that he put out that was earthshattering ... total game changer ... brought down the big bad guys ... llike he said it would. It's not there. It never was. His big promises ended up being empty. A previous poster said it was up to us to dig through the info to find it. I disagree. Assange said it was there and it was a total game changer. If he claimed it, then he had to have 1st hand knowledge that the information was there. Obviously it wasn't. And playing 'dig through the haystack to try to find a needle in it' isn't something we should have to do if it was claimed to be there all along.

I guess once blind, always blind.

backatchya.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
LOL you really think that?

LOL you really think otherwise?
Show me something that he put out that was earthshattering ... total game changer ... brought down the big bad guys ... llike he said it would. It's not there. It never was. His big promises ended up being empty. A previous poster said it was up to us to dig through the info to find it. I disagree. Assange said it was there and it was a total game changer. If he claimed it, then he had to have 1st hand knowledge that the information was there. Obviously it wasn't. And playing 'dig through the haystack to try to find a needle in it' isn't something we should have to do if it was claimed to be there all along.

I guess once blind, always blind.

backatchya.

Some of the cables were truely disturbing, and showed what our governments a capable of. Its not wikileaks fault that most of the population are more concerned about who wins pop idol and what ghe latest celeb is up too, rather than be interested in these cables.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join