It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over population is a serious issue that must be dealt with.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

overpopulation you say?

there are 36,794,240,000 acres on this earth... Source

divide that by the world population.

The world population is the total number of living humans on the planet Earth. As of today, it is estimated to be 6.979 billion
Source

for easy math and to go by the UN estimate we will use 7billion.

36,794,240,000 / 7,000,000,000 = 5.25632 acres per person

I think were doing just fine

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I have to disagree.
We are not overpopulated, but our management skills suck.
If my dubious math is correct, you could put every person on the planet
within the state of Texas in their own 1200 sq. ft. home
edit on 4-12-2011 by TriggerFish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

but how much of that is habitable? besides they heard us like cattle so they can control us.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I don't think its as much of a problem right now, but in the future if the current trend continues we will be facing food shortages, water shortages and on top of that we are also destroying the habitat of many species.

In my opinion the diversity of life is what makes this planet special, and it should not be our intention to populate every corner of the earth with as much humans as possible.
edit on 12/4/2011 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
When I was taking French in H.S our teacher told us that France had a law that stated you could have one child, more than that you would need the Gov permission to have more...basically showing proof you could sustain more without being a drain

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I don't understand the mentality behind the theory of "keep breeding and populating until we can't support anymore"

Why not implement programs in order to curve the current trend and to keep a sustainable number of people?

In my opinion 7 billion is MORE than enough.

There are already enough starving children in Africa in desperate need of food and clean water, some people still want to keep on populating

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TriggerFish

time to check the stats people.

The increase in world population has been slowing down since the 60's. Currently we are increasing at 1.1% per year worldwide. Most everyplace is stagnant except Africa. The rate of increase has been falling by .1% per year for decades. If the trend continues world population we be falling within twenty years. Governments will be bribing you to have sex
(Well okay bribing to have children - sounds better though)

Unless something changes we will never get to 10 billion. We are living in an abundant universe, and I suggest you don't buy into this self defeating idea.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

wood dies and burns all by itself....
because we are in the sway of psycosociopathic Nutbars proper sane management is out of the question.
as Bill Gates said - thruogh use of vaccines they hope to reduce the worlds population by 15 percent

think bill eats his own pill?
edit on 4-12-2011 by Danbones because: if you think there are too many peeps by all means _ set a good example

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Well you may not be making plans to harm the ppl of the world, but the ppl who sit at
the round table groups have been covertly killing ppl for quite awhile.

They proclaim their plans on the Georgia Guidestones.

Eric Pianka calls for a bioweapon to be made to wipe out 90% of the humans.

John Holdren recommends adding something to water to sterilize the humans.

Fluoride was banned in most of Europe due to its health effects.
(read the poison control warning on the back of your toothpaste)

They add mercury to most of the corn syrup. ( google "mercury corn syrup" )

They allow BPA to stay in almost all food can liners even after the
BPA baby bottle scare.

They know the GMO foods cause cancer, sterility, and organ failure.

They made a doomsday seed vault in the arctic because they know what they are unleashing.

The adjuvants in the vaccines are so bad they had two different vaccines for the ppl
in Germany and it leaked out in a major newspaper there and the ppl went ape.

They allow radiation to leak from the reactor at Fukushima for months on end.

There is more, but this is enough to show what is going on.

The plan to deal with population has been put in effect, and likely will be ramped
up via some of the more overt tools such as contrived wars.

The spawn of operation paperclip and others are seeing to their round table groups
night mare vision for our future and Orwell and Huxley were prophets.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I feel in our lifetimes, fresh water will be more valuable than oil, and cause more wars

I hate new england winters, but we get precipitation every few days

lots of other areas around the globe would literally kill for that

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

hell X even without missles you are damn well scarin me half to death...lol
your right though I think
edit on 4-12-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
When any species grows beyond the ability for available resources to support it's population there is always a drastic and natural correction. Our solution to our over population merely bides it's time in the shadows but becomes nothing but ever more certain as our numbers continue to pile on as we rape and exhaust the potential of this world and squander resources.

It will only take a simple stroke to induce famine and chaos to the masses and the world will quickly see a collapse to pre-industrial levels. A large solar flare could collapse our technological base and spark it, anything more than a few years of bad crops. Nuclear exchange would certainly spark it off as man enters a death spiral that will play out after any bombs drop and his sophistication and assumed humanity go up in so much smoke as the weapons he employs.

It's not a question of if but when and how and we draw inexorably closer to the moment humanity learns we are no where near the masters we think ourselves to be. We may have taken quantum leaps technologically but culturally, mentally, and spiritually we are nothing but insolent and ill tempered children.

We have the means and the technology to support perhaps 20 billion souls on this world at this very moment perhaps more but we completely lack the discipline and foresight to make it happen. A total human paradigm shift would be in order to make this happen and the only possible catalyst for this change is ironically a near extinction event at this point in time.

I personally see this coming point in our future as our defining moment, we have already demonstrated we are incapable of overcoming obstacles purely from the sheer weight of our hubris and closed minds. It's time for the entirety of the species to be cleansed to either learn and adapt or ultimately perish, but not before a truly cataclysmic collapse occurs.
edit on 4-12-2011 by LaughingatHumanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LaughingatHumanity

the Hopis call it the "purification"

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well for one, I think it would go a long ways (at least in this country) if we stopped rewarding people for having kid after kid after kid, and not having the resources to support them.

Another thing that would go a long ways is to stop making everything teenagers do a crime. I mean think about it, when a lot of us were teens (i'm only 31 so some of the older people can even explain this better) we actually were able to "make a little trouble" and be with our friends on the weekends till 6 in the morning just sitting and talking at a park or parking lot, but now the "curfew" law has forced these kids inside and for me, being inside with a girl at 15 was awfully tempting.

Teens are looking for an outlet and that outlet is Sex.

Next, Lets stop glamorizing teen motherhood and pregnancy (see MTV) Yes it may show the downside at times, but these teens see it as a way they too could be a star and be on tv.

We as an american society have sexual images always shown to us and though we as adults maybe immune to such images, teens and young adults see it as a ticket that "if it's ok for them, its ok for me",

Yet we still find sexuality in individuals as "taboo" and aren't willing to be open with each other or our children about it. Thus the next generation will have to findout themselves and probably not in a smart way.

I think population control needs to start with educating our youth or it truly will get out of hand. When I say educating, I mean by the parents, and be open to talking to them about it, vs hiding from it and thinking your child is an angel and would never have sex or get pregnant.

It's a small step, but could go a long way (at least in our country)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

as Bill Gates said - thruogh use of vaccines they hope to reduce the worlds population by 15 percent

think bill eats his own pill?
edit on 4-12-2011 by Danbones because: if you think there are too many peeps by all means _ set a good example

No why would he? this vaccine he speaks of only targets mac users.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

touche
lol

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Might also be a good idea to tone down the irrational hate a bit.

HATE?? Yes, you ARE certainly correct....

...I HATE CRIMINALS, and THIEVES, and CON-ARTISTS!! And I am absolutely DAMN PROUD OF "HATING" THAT!!!!!!
edit on 4-12-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Don't won't worry, I won't be getting pregnant any time soon.

No worries from me.

Gawd, I see how my sisters and brothers kids turned out. Makes me not want to have any.

edit on 4-12-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

There is a clear choice here. Either you care more about your fellow human beings, or you care more about wolves.

If you really honestly care more about wolves than people, then your life is in a paradox.

You must choose, yourself or nature.

My opinion is, you worry about the size of your family, and I will have exactly as many kids as I want.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

And to top it all off. tptb put out population figures that are more than likely propaganda and bloated, and we just buy into it without question.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join