It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over population is a serious issue that must be dealt with.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Each year up north here, we open "moose and deer" season, issue permits for humans to cull the chance of these species becoming overpopulated in the region.

hmmmm

Maybe we should treat ourselves as we do the other species on this planet

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

Well thought-out post mate!

IRM

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
If it's a problem nature will deal with it. Trying to manipulate things, play god, or otherwise delve into eugenics is just going to muck it all up even more.

If there's too many of us disease and starvation will wipe out the surplus and balance will return.

Don't be so vain as to think it's your job or even ability to manage the entirety of nature. That level of hubris has caused enough problems already.

Of course, if you stopped living in these areas with outrageous population densities you wouldn't believe there's a problem. Leave your 50 people per square mile urban cesspools and spread a bit to where there is still only one person per 50 square miles. Foolish jingoism or slave dependence on artificial services is concentrating all these people into few spaces. Tie up your boots, pack a bag and spread out.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

take a look at all the deserts on this planet, its not space, its growing and storing foodstuffs that is the problem, last years wheat harvest in India rotted, no where to store it, and no way to transport it to where it was really needed.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
How funny.

Not enough space?

Did you forget to mention how much land people like the Queen of England has?

Or all that Mickey Mouse club?

Giant golf courses catering for the super rich in countries where people are drinking polluted water whilst these idiots water the golf course.

Nah mate, not over population problem.

We have an over-evil-idiot problem we need to get rid off.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I can solve this problem quite easily:

Nuke China.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
as humans we're doomed to always continue shagging and consuming so i agree with exploder.
we need to colonize space before we can no longer afford it.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Well said, I hate being crammed in this tiny rathole with other ratholes on top and to the side of me (apartment). Our lifestyle is primarily a waste of resources. Natural crops can't sustain the world and the development of GMO's is proof right there. Our economic system has reached critical mass on purpose and everyone is pulling out there hair wondering how were gonna fix it... I got news for you, WE CAN'T. This is an important era of history in the making. We're worried about cash at the same time procreating wrecklessly in the hopes that cash will sustain us. In my opinion there are too many humans. Social engineering laws encourage more worthless pregnancies because ladies and gentlemen, it is important to have fragmented families where the state is a big ominous daddy to these maladjusted children. There is no mistakes being made from the masters. It's all perpetuated so we can have more problems locally, daily so as to take our eyes off the big picture.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Nuke China.

HA HA I get your humor. Not a bad idea though, they skin their animals alive and treat their people like excrement. In turn the serfs treat each other like excrement. Imagine, I mean imagine if this country (which is HIGHLY capable) decides to cash in and their debtors would be forced to liquidate military arsenals and high tech armament (thats all our gov't spends their money on). Seriously, they'd just as well disarm us and let us keep our worthless dollar as soon as they aid in the dismantling of it.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Well when the world becomes over populated,then we'll do something about it,but until then,we have more important things to deal with.

Anyway,if there were an over population problem then it would be because of the third worlders breeding like rabbits.
edit on 5/12/11 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
At some point in time, in the near future, there will be a bad year for crops.

Then, there will be mass starvation from those areas that can not grow enough food to eat.

When you have overpopulation, it cannot be maintained. When the correction comes, it will be truly horrible.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Nuke China.

China has already only 1.4 children per couple and an active population control program, their population explosion is over and their numbers are destined to diminish. If you desire to solve the problem by nuking something, nuke Africa..

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I just thought of something brilliant, but what if Homosexualilty is actually our spieces trying to save its self? From over population.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
If it's a problem nature will deal with it. Trying to manipulate things, play god, or otherwise delve into eugenics is just going to muck it all up even more.

If there's too many of us disease and starvation will wipe out the surplus and balance will return.

Don't be so vain as to think it's your job or even ability to manage the entirety of nature. That level of hubris has caused enough problems already.

Of course, if you stopped living in these areas with outrageous population densities you wouldn't believe there's a problem. Leave your 50 people per square mile urban cesspools and spread a bit to where there is still only one person per 50 square miles. Foolish jingoism or slave dependence on artificial services is concentrating all these people into few spaces. Tie up your boots, pack a bag and spread out.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I have to agree. Earth will always take care of itself no matter what we do, or don't do. We think we're so significant...
Yes, spread out. There is plenty of land. I live across the street from almost 200 acres of preserved land. Population of humans in my town is around 2,800, population of horses in my town is around 5,000. I also live near a state forest big enough to get lost in for weeks. OR, I can go to the city where every square inch is claimed by a person or a business... That's the "Give me convenience or give me death" attitude right there...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
Over population is not the problem. The way the system works is the problem.

What in our society causes you to forget that this will fall onto deaf ears?

Take OWS for example. So many people complaining, and yet, all they have to do is Occupy A Forrest and they could establish a sovereign community/culture. It's easier to whine about freedom and live falsely in it than it is to actually live freely (responsibly).

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Over population is not an issue at all. It's management that's the issue. How we manage our space for containing our population. How we manage our space to feed out population. Rather than building outwards on a flat landscape, we need to start building down and up with the space we're already using. Or even better, relocate all that space into a smaller foot print through building both down and up allowing some of the space we've destroyed to be reclaimed by nature. Arcologies and vertical farms will allow us to sustain a population much greater than the one we currently have! Just comes down to how we manage everything.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

If it's a problem nature will deal with it. Trying to manipulate things, play god, or otherwise delve into eugenics is just going to muck it all up even more. If there's too many of us disease and starvation will wipe out the surplus and balance will return.

So trying to manipulate things will muck it all up even more than diseases and starvation as a solution? Is that even possible? Not a very convincing argument..

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

I anticipate you won't heed these words, but to declare anyway; Humans are not insects.
We are mammals. And we are most similar to apes and chimps who live in troops. Likewise, we are also similar to sheep who live in flocks.

Human personal relations are supposed to be symbiotic (family values), and our society should match so far as the leadership is able to be compassionate and accountable to the "weaker" ones. However, between tribes, there must be space enough to deal with waste, resource acquisition, etc.

Anyone who understands "living green" should understand that a certain amount of space is needed so that the required cycles can be managed. Smashing people together in small spaces has served to smash together our waste and resource channels in such a way that the dirt cannot keep up.

We should spread out into "globules of humans."
Tribes are the way of our bodies and also our souls.
Is it any wonder why corrupt leaders are referred to as a den of vipers? Or why the commoners whisper about the elite being reptilian/insectoid? Ultimately, it is because of the conduct they express, not because they are from other planets.

Nevertheless, so long as the commoner does not consider himself obligated to live by his own needs, he will continue to lift up corrupt men to sweep their problems under the carpet for later generations to deal with.
Great Pacific Garbage Patch...
16 trillion dollars debt/world economic debt crisis...
etc.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If over population is a problem for you then please lead by example. Do your part by leaving this world, show us how its done.

U

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Yes.
By avoiding the natural "herd thinning" we heap upon ourselves burdens that we cannot bear.
By playing "god" we sweep away wisdom from the eyes of the next generation who may live longer, but do so in foolishness.
Those who look to our technological advances or growing population as proof that human arrogance is justified are blind by said arrogance. Unless the fruit comes in such a way that the next years harvest is also healthy, THE FRUIT IS ROTTEN.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join