It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy, 9, Suspended from School for Sexual Harassment After Calling Teacher 'Cute'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

National Interest - US Boy, 9, Suspended from School for Sexual Harassment After Calling Teacher 'Cute' Read more: www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com

A 9-year-old boy North Carolina boy was suspended for calling a teacher “cute,” WSOCTV.com reports.
The boy’s mother, Chiquita Lockett, said the principal of Brookside Elementary in Gastonia called her after the incident to say the comment was a form of “sexual harassment.”
"It's not like he went up to the woman and tried to grab her or touch her in a sexual way," Lockett said. "So why would he be suspended for two days?”

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 4-12-2011 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Really?

Ok, this is way out of hand now. As long as you work for the "government" in an authoritative manor, you can do what ever you want to whom ever you want, (see Victim Forcibly Strip Searched By Ohio Police. Disgusting...,).

But a 9 year old calls his teacher cute and it's sexual harassment? You have got to be kidding me.

I am sorry if this was already posted

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
no warning?

didnt say to the kid, thats not acceptable. you say that to girls your own age..?

WTF

and even if he does think shes cute, WTF, dont suspend the kid..

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Is there a National concerted effort to criminalize children? What the hell is going on in the US right now?

Get a grip people...these are kids, not hard core criminals. Or maybe that's what the intention is for their futures?

Pathetic.

Parents, take back your kids and stop giving these idiots control. If they pull crap like this, let them know that it will not be tolerated just because they are teachers, cops etc.

Occupy Schools?

Crazy $#it these days folks.

edit on 4-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The only thing I can figure is that this teacher must be seriously ugly and thought the kid was being sarcastic. even then get the hell over it, this is sick and I hope his parents sue.

These teachers clearly do not care about children if they continue to punish them for crap like this.
I have had it with the education system; its not just the fact liablity has made everything illegal, but most teachers simply do not care and its clear that the system is not designed to actually help people.
If people think that this is the right way to have your children grow up you are wrong, we live in a sick world and our schools are prime examples

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Or maybe the news article isn't telling you everything that happened in the classroom that day?

Maybe that teacher just can't take a compliment.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Maybe that teacher is a freak and shouldn't be teaching if she got offended, what a weirdo, kinda like that poor kid who got expelled for saying an anchor man looked like obama, that douche anchor man did nothing to stop this kid getting expelled as well, and that principle is a nut job, I would pull my kids out of that school ASAP, because of that.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The article is very vague about exactly why calling someone "cute" is sexual harassment. Obviously there is a lot more to this than they are saying. And very strange actually how there are no details. I'm never on the cops' side, but in this case I think this kid might deserve it.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Or maybe the news article isn't telling you everything that happened in the classroom that day?

I understand what your saying but has the punish, punish and punish again method ever worked?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Apparently he didn't even say it to the teacher - he said it to a friend!!

2nd

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

why would you automatically think the kid did something more if they are being vague?, maybe its exactly what it is and they are being vague for the very reason they over reacted, better to cast doubt on a child then look like a moronic adult I assume.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp

I understand what your saying but has the punish, punish and punish again method ever worked?

You don't know everything that happened in that classroom. He could have in fact said some sexual that Fox just happened to leave out.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

Well Said,

I would also like to add that the system is being setup so that teachers no longer can get creative in their teaching process.

In other words, the ones that used to actually enjoy their jobs and come up with fun and exciting ways to get through to these kids, are now no longer allowed to do most of the things that would make a teacher excel beyond any other.

Thank you "no child left behind" for making our kids sit all day and take tests that you deem appropriate. No wonder so many kids have "ADHD" how many elementary boys or even girls for that matter, do you know who can sit for 7 hours straight (with a couple short breaks) and stay quiet, while being lectured to all day, without being drugged.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp

You don't know everything that happened in that classroom. He could have in fact said some sexual that Fox just happened to leave out.

funny, blame fox, guess what, the news is scripted, I read this on another site, same exact article and from an earlier time so fox copied them.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

The kid said that all he said was that the teacher was cute to a friend, and the teacher overheard and ran to the principal

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
He is 9 years old! Kids at that age say stuff they shouldn't have all the time. Is it right to call the teacher cute? Probably not. Does it really matter at that age he said it? Not at all. I'm getting sick of hearing stuff like this going on.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The education system in this country is a sick, festering wound and on the verge of collapse. Parents, DO NOT subject your kids to this. It's perfectly legal to home-educate, and--BONUS!--no vaccinations required!

link   
let the punishment fit the crime!

no crime you say? Then why punish?

link   
He was being nice. Cute is a compliment. Why are we penalizing children for being nice?

Would it have been better for him to say you're ugly? Or nothing at all? Is that what we're teaching our kids, that anything they say or do is illegal? Why isn't the teacher above this? Why can't this teacher put it into perspective? isn't the teacher supposed to be the bigger person, and teach kids how things relate to the real world?

In the last two days on ATS, I've learned telling someone they're cute is sexual harassment, and kicking a bully in the balls in self defense is sexual harassment.

If I was picking my girl up from school, and commented to another parent that "you have such a cute little girl", does that mean I'm a pedophile? Going by this logic it would. If it's sexual harassment, and I said it about an child, then that is exactly what it would be under this logic.

We need much more mentally stable people acting as teachers and cops. Both professions are filled with the mentally unstable, who think reality revolves around them, instead of realizing they exist in the same reality as all of us.

edit on 4-12-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Apparently he didn't even say it to the teacher - he said it to a friend!!

2nd

From your article.

She did tell local reporters that the incident related to 'inappropriate behavior after making inappropriate statements.

So he apparently is not suspended for saying that his teacher is cute. It apparently has to do with inappropriate behavior after saying she was cute....

<<   2  3  4 >>

join