It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy, 9, Suspended from School for Sexual Harassment After Calling Teacher 'Cute'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

What on earth is going on lately! This 9 year old boy calling a teacher cute is not sexual harassment...he probably had a crush on her....innocent...and a part of boyhood.

Many people that are in positions of authority are to my way of thinking....really out of control!

Also...I have read here on ATS about the 6 year old boy...TPTB want to prosecute him for playing doctor with a 5 year old.

Then there is the 13 year old that got cuffed (arrested)..for burping in class...that is also on ATS.

All of this is really disturbing.

edit on 4-12-2011 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp
reply to post by antonia

You don't know everything that happened in that classroom. He could have in fact said some sexual that Fox just happened to leave out.
The kid said that all he said was that the teacher was cute to a friend, and the teacher overheard and ran to the principal

That's what the kid said, another article I read stated there was an inappropriate action after the statement. It's the kid's word against the Teacher's and Kid's do lie you know. I work in a middle school, trust me these kids aren't innocent.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
My parents would make Me say something nice about someone that I insulted. In this case, Cute is nice, so if He called her a scanky douch bag, everyone should be happy

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

There just isn't enough information to develop any informed opinion here. But that doesn't seem to be stopping anyone else so I'll go with the flow - it is my uninformed and wildly speculative opinion that everyone who thinks it's out of line to give a cocky 9 year-old a 2-day suspension for disrespectfully hustling his teacher also thinks kids today are violent little vandals because their parents don't spank them.

edit on 4/12/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Apparently he didn't even say it to the teacher - he said it to a friend!!

2nd

Thank you, I hate quoting foxnews. good to see that there are more reliable sources.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
What would they have called it if he had said
she was ugly? This is just ridiculous. Kids are
going to grow up to think anything they say may
be taken wrong. For those that can home school
please do so, schools are going down hill fast!!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by tw0330

What on earth is going on lately! This 9 year old boy calling a teacher cute is not sexual harassment...he probably had a crush on her....innocent...and a part of boyhood.

Like I pointed out in page one, a second article has the school saying that the suspension is not for saying that she was cute, but for inappropriate behavior after saying she was cute.

What that behavior was, I don't know, but the school is taking the stance that it has nothing to do with him saying he has a crush.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

She did tell local reporters that the incident related to 'inappropriate behavior after making inappropriate statements.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

As I said, something is being left out. Might as well jump on the tar and feather the teacher outrage train though, Logic be damned.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

That's what the kid said, another article I read stated there was an inappropriate action after the statement. It's the kid's word against the Teacher's and Kid's do lie you know. I work in a middle school, trust me these kids aren't innocent.
What are you talking about not innocent? He is 9 years old!
I dont care if he slapped her on the ass he wouldnt know what any of it means, if a teacher cant deal with a little kid having a crush then she shouldnt be teaching full stop.
The school system is messed up and has proven not to be effective.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp
reply to post by antonia

I dont care if he slapped her on the ass he wouldnt know what any of it meanse.

And it would still be inappropriate even if he didn't know what it meant.
edit on 4-12-2011 by antonia because: opps

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
All the more reason to home school.

My ex-wifes son was falling behind so I took him out of school for a semester and home schooled him. When he went back in he tested a grade ahead instead of behind like he was when we took him out.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

please explain how in "any context" telling a friend your teacher is "cute" warrants sexual harassment and two day suspension.

Shoot, I probably would have been expelled when I was a student, because my friends and i always talked about how "hot" some of the teachers, student teachers, and subs, looked.

We were boys, we didn't know any better, and frankly, even as an adult, my buddies and i comment on how "cute" a woman might be.

Should I turn myself in?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
when i was in school we used to comment on this teachers pink thong when she would bend over..i guess some teachers like comments other dont =]

link   
Put a young boy in an envrionment with an attractive women and subconsious thoughts and actions will take over, its not his fault and he probably doesnt even know why at 9 years old.
This action on his natural behaviour could probably have bad long term effects. You wouldnt punish a kid for learning how to walk would you?
If teachers think this response is appropiate then our system is clealry wrong and damaging on our children

link   
I thought women liked it when You told them they were pretty. (even if they knew You were lying)

WTH is this world coming to? That teacher isn't emotionally stable enough to be around children and if she was my child's Teacher I'd be pulling them from her class immediately.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

Ok then punish him for inappropriate behavior.

I just don't see how he was harassing anyone here.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330

You don't know if that behavior was sexual in nature.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

reply to post by soficrow

please explain how in "any context" telling a friend your teacher is "cute" warrants sexual harassment and two day suspension.

The stance the school is taking, as has been pointed out a few times now, is not that he was suspended for calling his teacher cute. He was suspended for inappropriate behavior after saying she was cute.

It's quoted at the bottom of page one of this thread.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

And it would still be inappropriate even if he didn't know what it meant.
Isnt it all about intent? If he doesnt know what he is doing then he isnt doing anything wrong.
Its like training a dog in a way, if your punishing them for something they dont understand then your just going to confuse them and anger will build up untill this kid drops out of school and doesnt have a future.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

You don't know if that behavior was sexual in nature.

Even if it was, who was he harassing? it was overheard by a "sub" who just happen to be in the area. But was he actually harassing his teacher? or was he just acting inappropriately?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join