It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth is a self-aware living creature

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It's true, this planet is alive, it has consciousness, it can even speak.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikkithegreat
i would like to start with stating that i don't blame you for what your thinking BUT id like to shine light on just a few overlooked points. Firstly, it seems to me that you came up with an idea, and went and researched on points defending your idea and completely ignoring facts that could potentially harm it. This is what i call pseudo science. Turning a blind eye to information that could potentially render your idea useless does not mean its not there it just means your betting on the chance of there being alot of lazy people looking for ANY answer no matter how nonsensical it may be to believe in. Luckily for you most of that population are members of this site. You have fallen in a trap of a new world religion which has been branded packaged and sold to you whether you believe it or not. AND trust me TPTB want you to believe just this, which is why they call it a new world "religion" ..you are not the first or the last to believe in a theory such as this. But im sorry to tell you, you have traded one form of bondage for another and there is no reason why anyone should take this seriously.

I am willing to hear you out and consider your point if but you would actually explain to me or show me the evidence I apparently "intentionally overlooked" ??? I didn't see it in your post so maybe you can enlighten me further?

Also, as far as the "new age doctrine" goes I've heard this a few times from several posters who quite frankly I think have been so inundated with a fear of ANYTHING NEW because of the rampant NWO fear that is making people fly off the hinge at anything even hinting at "new world order" this isn't going to keep you safe by the way...

I don't agree with a "new world order", I don't believe in man made ideas of control, authority, and power and a restructuring of government I am well aware of those intentions my ideas are not from propaganda and I didn't fall victim to the "new age" hype people seem to constantly be referring, you again are not enlightening me to anything new that I am not already well aware of and constantly mindful of...

Having said all this, my thread was about observations that I MADE on my own in my own life through my own experience, the parallels were of my OWN realization and only used well known concepts of function/form to facilitate my OPINION about this "topic"...

Having said all that how in sam hell can anyone here even begin to make a valid argument against living with earth in harmony and in balance with the principals of nature that made us all possible? How could someone form any decent counter-argument that could come anywhere near legitimate and NOT biased opinion?

I am referencing only the processes by which everything was created/exists/and persists, the processes that made all life we know of so far even possible which was here long long before you and I were able to form "opinions"...Any other reference to "god" or "religion" or "new world order" or whatever the hell is strictly coming from peoples desire to interpret this information through those goggles...

So I'll ask you like I asked others...where/how/what are these facts I am apparently missing that "destroy" the notion that earth is alive?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Great post. Of course the earth is alive and aware and quite patient with her "children". We have seen when mum get's a bit moody. I wouldn't like to upset her. Or she might tell Father.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
She is alive. and she is aware.

she has consciousness, just as the plants, and water even have consciousness and respond to human emotions/intent. They're all part of her just as we are.

She's very sick.

But it's never too late.

Humans need to have a massive consciousness shift. we have to see that our self preservation and self interest co incides with her self preservation and self interest.

Massive amounts of love and compassion and thanks are needed. To be given to her; and not just words; but actions as well. Massive shifts in our actions.

I think everyone really knows what has to be done.

I really think that this planet could be a wonderful and beautiful place to live.

And if we don't know what needs to be done, my suggestion is to ask some aboriginal elders or native american indians... i think they've got the right ideas.

People hurt animals so much and forget they're a part of her too. their suffering affects her. too much suffering and pain and she gets sick. too much anger and hate and fighting and she gets sick.

no more wars.

no more cruelty to animals - particularly on the mass food production scale (caged chickens etc)

no more greed and thinking that one person has a right to millions or billions of dollars and to so much; while children starve on our tv screens

no more putting humans above other animals and plants and thinking we have the right to overpopulate the planet and cut down all the trees becuz we're somehow more special than other life here.

we're not. we have to control our population size by education of women, birth control etc, so that we don't impinge too much on the space and rights of other creatures and plants that we share the planet with.

no more turning a blind eye to cruelty to women and children, even if it's in an overseas country e.g. saudi arabia, or many african countries where women are often married off as children etc. people need to become much more aware and not let political correctness get in the way of doing the right thing and protecting the weak.

no more materialism and consumer culture. we shud re use everything and try to recycle and avoid any waste. the trendy shoes, ipod or latest skincare range shouldn't be held up as things to aspire to and people shud not be judged on how they look on the outside. its just a shallow culture and it's honestly sickening how we all behave in the west.

not preaching really just saying how i see it. i'm probly as guilty as the next person; but i think we can all change if we want to.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by steveknows

consciousness of a giant organism

What like the Avatar movie? That film was pure subliminal programming to be indoctrinated into Gaia worship. ATS is about denying ignorance the op is full of it (no offense to him) he made some good connections but got alot of things wrong in his assertions.
edit on 4-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Will you ever add anything to a post which is constructive or non christian? Stop trying to make this thread about religion. I have no doubt that it would never enter your head that the Avatar movie got the concept from an idea that has been held since long before the movie. Stop trying to derail this thread and turn it into a religious debate.
edit on 4-12-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
i think like any mother she's willing to suffer so her children can learn from their mistakes... - ALL her children...including those billionaires and royalty who think they aren't part of this. but she's not above a bit of discipline either, if it becomes necessary (no pain no gain?) and believe you me, we don't want to be disciplined too much by our mother earth.

i also believe that from time to time she speaks through certain people. She has eyes here, that she looks through; and she knows what's going on.

Personally, i think things have been put on hold. Change is in the air.

But it needs to happen and fast.

If she starts to shake, it's not gonna be good 4 humans. i think even earth dwelling aliens here are gonna have a rough time of it; whether they think they can escape or not.

cosmic cycles....

Here's a song for her. I really like it and i think it's time to start praising her again and respecting and thanking her, for being our mother; and for being good to us - which she is.

HYMN TO HER

And to know that if we suffer, she feels it too - feels our pain - feels the pain of all of her children who suffer; whether plant, animal, human, alien....and that suffering and pain is only allowed because it helps the souls to grow...

i read that without knowing great suffering or pain it's not possible to know great love and compassion

i dont know or understand everything and sometimes a lot of things make me mad. but over the years i really think there has to be a purpose to life. and the purpose has to be good and is good in the end. i also think that the greatest force in the universe is love and compassion.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This post is pretty interesting. The Earth has had several names as well such as Gaia. I am sure there are many other names throughout ancient human history given to the planet we now call Earth. That is very thought provoking.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

From a global moderator I am quite surprised by the narrow-mindedness of your post. Have you not thought that TPTB may have taken old cultural beliefs and merged them to fit with there agenda? The powers that be are using this myth in the Hegelian Dialectic.THESIS (initial problem) ANTITHESIS (opposition to the problem) SYNTHESIS (solution to the problem) The process will result in the loss of freedom, "after all we need controls for our own protection". Control through consensus. Overall, the planet has cooled over the past twenty years. The claimed 'global warming' is not due to mankind but to volcanoes and other natural phenomena. It is estimated that humans have contributed about two percent to some local warming and many scientists are now exposing the myths of global warming. Gaia worship aka the new religion aka"worshiping mother earth as a living consciousness" fits in perfectly with there agenda. They want you to think the earth is aware so they can impose there phony carbon tax amongst other things that will be brought in to control us. They want us to live like george orwell 1984 in a one world government in a dystopian Orwellian state. Earth is not self aware, but that doesn't discredit earth's magnificence. There is a hidden agenda underlying the myth of global warming with the worship of earth. If you cannot see this then you have alot more researching to do which I would have thought you would of already done by now.
edit on 5-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

The old 'pull the Moderator' card aye...

Here's a possibility. Maybe you're actually the brainwashed one?
Maybe you're actually the narrow-minded one with your exhibiting of the usual ethnocentric focussed 'truths' wholly dismissive of those held by other cultures.
As for research...I live in breathe my culture. So thats every moment of every day of my life thus far.
My culture is a fiercely protected and quite esoteric one...so to assume I'm not in any way holding of a decent level of awareness as to the grounding of it is particularly insulting from someone who is merely gauging such from the outside in...

No. Couldn't possibly be that...

...I see the movie Avatar has been mentioned...to throw some more into the mix: The language of the Na'Vi was influenced by my culture - the Maori.
A number of the rituals and social *norms* followed by that fictitious culture were also based upon ours...
edit on 5-12-2011 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien
reply to post by Nikkithegreat

I may well be reading your reply wrong, but are you suggesting that a belief that the Earth is a living being is a 'new world religion' being put forth by TPTB?

If so...interesting...given that its exceptionally close to what my own culture holds as *truth*...and we were holding that well before we encountered or were 'colonised, civilised and religion-ised' by any other cultures...

There are numerous other native cultures that hold similar...

Whoa. Maybe my culture IS the dreaded TPTB!

Prehistoric Europeans thought the same way. In fact so many races and cultures have thought this throughout history that the saying "truth is truth" fits well.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

I was not trying to pull any cards but as a mod I presumed you would have been a bit more informed to the global manipulation that's currently taking place, but obviously I should not have made that assumption. What I have learned is certainly not ethnocentric as I actually despise of the way my fellow country men behave.

However I understand where you are coming from but it is not to say that TPTB are not using beliefs from your culture to further there own agenda in a sinister way. I have a friend that lives in New Zealand and I know its a great place but your country is not immune from manipulation especially as a commonwealth nation.

I did not say you wasn't aware of your culture, but there are things happening on a global scale by people in high places that is going to affect all of us. To simply ignore these things is to bury one's head in the sand.

When I first watched avatar I loved the movie including the Na'Vi but as a Christian it didn't take long for me to become informed of the hidden nature of earth worship that is in the film with no mention of God in sight. The people who make these million dollar movies are obviously vetted and influenced by the people who run Hollywood to push an agenda.

I have studied history on the different tribes that inhabited the world and I believe there is alot to learn from them including the Maori. I also believe there is alot they can learn from True Followers of Yahweh. Your people may not know much about him but he is the true God of israel, the living God that created the world. Although your people may not have a personal relationship with him I believe you still know him. The spiritual feeling you have is really the holy spirit. The Maori tribe like every other nation of people are all originally descendants of Adam. There really are no "races" we are all of one blood.
edit on 5-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I do appreciate what you're saying.

However - will add this: Personally view *truth* as being a rather tenuous mish-mash of the cultural and the contextual...*truth* can so often be whatever whomever holds it to be.

The danger - again, just my own opinion - is when we perhaps focus on our own *truth* with such a myopic tendency and tenacity that we deride or override someone elses *truth*.

Always thought the real truth laid somewhere in between...who knows...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
this xmas i think instead of ppl in the west or rich people buying lots of crap they don't need and probly wont use; anyone who can afford it should buy themselves and others gifts for charities

e.g. you can get cards from oxfam where you make a donation by buying a card. e.g. you pay for a village to have clean water etc. if everyone gave these sorts to gifts to each other at xmas - gifts that are actually charitable donations - then i think the 'xmas spirit' of giving and kindness would be expressed in a meaningful way for millions of ppl; also doing this feels better than spending money on useless crap or than being self indulgent.

if everyone got into a habit or tradition of doing this in the west, we could help so many people. maybe we could even shame some billionaires into following suit....

also i think instead of riots, ppl shud gather in large groups and SING or play songs, that can help spread the message of love and kindness and heal the earth.

i think that you shudn't underestimate the power of music. it's very powerful. or they wouldn't have bothered killing John Lennon. the song 'imagine' is a very POWERFUL song and playing or singing songs like these in public places and if crowds participate - is a great and easy way of uniting people too. because who doesn't like beautiful music that makes them happy and makes them feel good?

songs to play could include ones like:

john lennon - imagine

love is in the air -- can't remember who sings it -

hymn to her - pretenders

angel of the morning - pretenders

heal the world
you are not alone
earth song
we are the world

- michael jackson (gee, wonder if they killed him???)

children of the revolution - t rex

ill stand by you - the pretenders?

everybody hurts - REM

another day in paradise - phil collins...

etc.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien

I do appreciate what you're saying.

However - will add this: Personally view *truth* as being a rather tenuous mish-mash of the cultural and the contextual...*truth* can so often be whatever whomever holds it to be.

The danger - again, just my own opinion - is when we perhaps focus on our own *truth* with such a myopic tendency and tenacity that we deride or override someone elses *truth*.

Always thought the real truth laid somewhere in between...who knows...

I get what you're saying. What I mean is that I think that all cultures have viewd earth as a life all its own in their history and that some just forgot it.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
this xmas i think instead of ppl in the west or rich people buying lots of crap they don't need and probly wont use; anyone who can afford it should buy themselves and others gifts for charities

e.g. you can get cards from oxfam where you make a donation by buying a card. e.g. you pay for a village to have clean water etc. if everyone gave these sorts to gifts to each other at xmas - gifts that are actually charitable donations - then i think the 'xmas spirit' of giving and kindness would be expressed in a meaningful way for millions of ppl; also doing this feels better than spending money on useless crap or than being self indulgent.

if everyone got into a habit or tradition of doing this in the west, we could help so many people. maybe we could even shame some billionaires into following suit....

also i think instead of riots, ppl shud gather in large groups and SING or play songs, that can help spread the message of love and kindness and heal the earth.

i think that you shudn't underestimate the power of music. it's very powerful. or they wouldn't have bothered killing John Lennon. the song 'imagine' is a very POWERFUL song and playing or singing songs like these in public places and if crowds participate - is a great and easy way of uniting people too. because who doesn't like beautiful music that makes them happy and makes them feel good?

songs to play could include ones like:

john lennon - imagine

love is in the air -- can't remember who sings it -

hymn to her - pretenders

angel of the morning - pretenders

heal the world
you are not alone
earth song
we are the world

- michael jackson (gee, wonder if they killed him???)

children of the revolution - t rex

ill stand by you - the pretenders?

everybody hurts - REM

another day in paradise - phil collins...

etc.

Love is in the air. John paul Young

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
BJ, you might say your thoughts or discription are your own understanding. You do not speak for all christians or who-ever's, You have your own particular banner to defend. The trend seems to be (not reffering yo you) to cast doubts by espousing their personal observations of verbal handed down thoughts or evidences. Thee are so many who come to the table of debate with nothing more than 'I heard' or 'They said' or 'I read', yet there usually has been zero work done to read through texts or to study relegions or anything more than pure gossip. Their arguments are often times blatantly false or missleading. I consider your ^ ^ comment to be in that arena.

to be direct, what the ---- are blabbering about? What are you referring to, specifically ... to be perfectly honest, your comments are nothing but zero point blabber.

edit on 5-12-2011 by alien because: ...editted out the censor circumvention..

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arielmoon
reply to post by Sly1one

Great post. Of course the earth is alive and aware and quite patient with her "children". We have seen when mum get's a bit moody. I wouldn't like to upset her. Or she might tell Father.

Ok, this started as a great post. Nice thread, until the "religious" people came in ... one side, citing "GOD" and the other citing "Earth".

Sorry to tell you, but both are sides of the same coin. It doesn't matter weather you think "God" is a conscious thing, or the Earth is ... you are klinging to an entity of higher potential. This is the little baby in you, searching for a mommy or a daddy to kling to.

The earth and the planets, are an interresting concept and we are just starting to get an understanding of them. They do grow, any fool can see that by watching the enormous amount of stars and planets that range from small to titants ... you'd have to be retarded, not to consider it ... but you'd also need proof as to how. Not because you need to prove a theory, but because you need to understand the mechanism.

To the OP, the earth as a cognative being ... hardly. Is it sick? hardly. That is just another "religious" notion of US being bad children to mommy or daddy (GOD or Earth), and they need to punish us for being bad ... listen to the powers to be, they are in direct connection with the earth or God, etc, etc, etc. We're just fleas on the earth, and we are less than a micro organism in the universe ... we do not control it, and we cannot destroy it .... we can't even irritade it if it had consciousness. We are a part of a mechanism ... and whatever we do, is still part of that same mechanism. Except we are self-aware ... as in, we are aware of our own place ... and want to preserve it.

But good thoughs, good points ...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
The best way to ignore the God Squad is to ignore their posts. After all, that is what they do when they are backed into a corner, and scientific evidence about the Earth and evolution is presented to them. Don't get me wrong, they will argue into the cows come home, but eventually when the TRUTH is proved they will just ignore you.

I have read the OP 3 times now and am still enjoying it, don't let the GS ruin this very well put together thread!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
A few other members already said this but it's the gia theory, or pantheism would be another one. Not sure if anyone already said this. There was a movie called "Final Fantasy-The spirits within" came out about 12 years ago.

In short it was about an alien race that destroyed there planet in a great war. The remaining fragment of there planet fell to earth and infected earth with the spirit of their planet and the beings killed in the aftermath. Almost like a virus. Was a very interesting movie. Final fantasy the video games always have played with this theory. In some of there games the planet everyone lives on was even called "gia".

I'll leave everyone with a partial to one of my favourite quotes.
"Nature is sacred to me. The trees are my temples and the forests are my cathedrals."

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I would have to say that the heart of the Earth and it's blood would be the core and the magma that flows throughout the Earth rather than rivers and streams

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join