It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth is a self-aware living creature

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

The four seasons are not repeating patterns? Hmmm could've fooled me. The tides following the moon? cmon, look around you.
But spirit is within.
edit on 3-12-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

They are repeating if you look at them in just a short moment. Earth has not always had seasons, nor the tides as they are now. The moon was once closer. Seasons different. Ice ages eliminate spring and autumn. Even in our short lives we have witnessed missing seasons at times.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

But it isn't even recycling so much. The soil you walk on is the result of death. 42 inches of fertile soil wasn't always there. The Earth is constantly being rained on by matter. Indeed, many elements arrived here by space.

It is both the reusing, destroying, creating, and reviving of life that is happening. It is not evidence for some repeating pattern or cycle. In fact, it's evidence of an eager creative force that will use what it has over and over again, but the moment it gets something new, will drop what it has and use that instead.

If you are trying to turn this into reincarnation, which I suspect you are, you will not find prove of it in the cycles of the season. If you live in America, pay attention a bit more. You'll notice that with every passing season things change ever so slightly. Temperature. Rate of decay of life. Have you noticed that leaves take a bit longer to rot away every year? Have you noticed the changing rain patterns? The cycle does not repeat. In fact, it changes ever so slightly. Until what it once was is utterly destroyed.

I did no such thing.
I said what I said, for a scientist you think you are you should have seen the obvious. What difference does it make what the rate of decay is? Summer still turns to Autumn. Just because today is not the same temperature as it was one year ago does not matter unless you are trying to make a case for anthropogenic warming, which I suspect you are.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

The why mention cycles. It's irrelevant to if the earth is living.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

The why mention cycles. It's irrelevant to if the earth is living.

Why are you making issue with such things as rate of decay? Are you worried about radiation? You have completely missed the point entirely.
You and I go round and round. Different argument same circle. But yes, I agree there are infinite variations which makes everything so interesting. I never said that God is boring.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

They are repeating if you look at them in just a short moment. Earth has not always had seasons, nor the tides as they are now. The moon was once closer. Seasons different. Ice ages eliminate spring and autumn. Even in our short lives we have witnessed missing seasons at times.

Yes, I am aware that the moon draws away from the earth little by little, or so they say. Where did I saw there is no variance? This is the current platform for our evolution.
To say that the earth is here just for itself and we are parasites is to be ignorant of our raison d'etres and our own Divinity.

And for the record, yes, if our consciousness needs a physical vehicle to manifest it's destiny, then we must appear in a body on earth, we must go through the cycle of birth and death and rebirth. Each time a different body, yes, and the mind evolved as each incarnation progresses.
Hence people who have NDE experience the tunnel which takes them to other dimensions, then they reenter the body and continue their life journey with the memory of the other side.
I can tell you that I did have an experience, though not NDE, I did journey in my etheric consciousness to a place where I could see a loved one and communicate.
Some people just relate more to the density of the physical and some are sensitive to finer realms.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

And it just as much could have been a dream. That's the thing. The only theoretical way to prove it would be to have this experience under intense observation. And your brain would have to show a lower sense of activity, because you- that which causes higher activity as consciousness- would be gone.

I too have had experiences, lived many lives in the mind, and seen whole planets come and go in all their evolution of life, to extinction by super nova. But it all could have just been a dream. No reason to assume it as anything else without further data.

Furthermore, whose to say you simply weren't given a spirit? Bible makes it pretty clear that spirits get recycled, but that you, as a person, will die, and never return as a living creature in the world. Whose to say that a spirit isn't a way to preserve your skills in the world to another, but that you yourself have passed away. A way of preserving your memes, when your genes and self are dead.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

this isn't a new idea but it was presented well.

I doubt we will kill the earth, more than likely we will kill ourselves.

Climate change is natural and back in the 70s i think they were preaching global cooling and new ice age then everyone changed their tune to global warming.

our pollution just makes life bad for us and it will destroy us.

We think we are really big and think really highly of ourselves. We are a small spec of something bigger than us that we cannot perceive due to how enormous it is that we cannot even fathom it.

we can try but i do not think we will ever get the full picture.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Is this Joe Rogan? lol

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Thisbseth

hah no but I do listen to his podcasts and find him very enlightening he is very smart and he has had a significant influence on me!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kreese
heart == the moon

Think about what the heart does, it's like the pistons of an engine, it provides motion. It expands and contracts to pump blood throughout the body.

The moon, is in a perpetual orbit of the earth creating tides and weather which gives natural motion to the biosphere.

This is actually a pretty cool idea, now that I think about it. Because water is kind of like the life blood of the earth. And that is precisely what the moon does, is that it moves the water around the earth, continuously, through the ages.
The earth's surface is mostly water.
edit on 3-12-2011 by kreese because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2011 by kreese because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Very True. He has a crazy view on everything.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I thought this was a pretty good image of earth's "lungs"

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

Now flip that pic upside down and you will see as above so below. Interesting in that pic if upside down its almost like what the tree would look like in winter.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

This isn't a new concept but it is a very interesting one.

Gaia Hypothesis
the idea of the Earth as a single living superorganism James Lovelock. This is a great scientist. He's one of those scientists who many governments in the world will call on when they need advice

Gaia - a new look at life on Earth, Oxford University Press, 1979.

snobear.colorado.edu...

He invented the electron capture detector, a tool for measuring man-made chemicals in minute quantities.

www.nndb.com...

Anyway this concept is his baby.
edit on 3-12-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by allintoaccount
humans are the cancer but we are also the cure.
The earth will be around long after humans are gone. But who knows? Maybe the whole universe is alive?

Of course - I mean all the planets floating around the sun look like a big, gigantic atom - the neutrons and protons. It goes that way infinitely outward and inwards.
edit on 3-12-2011 by thebtheb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

I'm not really claiming breaking news or that I invented this concept I hope people don't think that's what I'm doing.

I am however putting some of my thoughts to paper regarding this concept and how I see it all fitting together. I had some enlightening thoughts as of late and it's driving my wife nutts because her mind doesn't "go there" as she put it. So she told me to start putting some of this down on paper or blog or whatever.

I will probably do a few more threads time willing.

I'm sure all of my thoughts have been addressed by someone before me.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

I'm not really claiming breaking news or that I invented this concept I hope people don't think that's what I'm doing.

I am however putting some of my thoughts to paper regarding this concept and how I see it all fitting together. I had some enlightening thoughts as of late and it's driving my wife nutts because her mind doesn't "go there" as she put it. So she told me to start putting some of this down on paper or blog or whatever.

No no I wasn't accusing you of claiming it and I'm sorry if it came across that way. I love threads like this. You go ahead and give your thoughts as that's what it's all about.

In fact I think there's a great chance that earth is aware at least on some level and I have entertained the idea that humans are earths answer to the kind of Asteroid strike that killed off the dinosaur. 60 million years is a long time for us but a few weeks for the earth and I think there's a chance that we're here to stop the next one. Kind of like an anitbody if you will. It's out there but not impossible
edit on 4-12-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
As a side note, the Bible says the earth is a living being that is aware of what happens on it.

Lots of cultures taught the earth was a living being. It's not something knew.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by Sly1one

No no I wasn't accusing you of claiming it and I'm sorry if it came across that way. I love threads like this. You go ahead and give your thoughts as that's what it's all about.

In fact I think there's a great chance that earth is aware at least on some level and I have entertained the idea that humans are earths answer to the kind of Asteroid strike that killed off the dinosaur. 60 million years is a long time for us but a few weeks for the earth and I think there's a chance that we're here to stop the next one. Kind of like an anitbody if you will. It's out there but not impossible
edit on 4-12-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

Ver awesome perspective I love it and it's definitely in line with how I think as well!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join