It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth is a self-aware living creature

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+153 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
First I would like to state that I’m pretty damn sure this:
i.imgur.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
Is ALIVE…

Second I also believe that it is indeed sentient and is self aware. We think WE:

are “superior” because of our “consciousness” and “self-awareness”…

I have a very different view that some here I think will share, I think we human beings (the supposed pinnacle of life evolution) are “part” of a larger organism much like the bacteria living inside our sentient bodies. How do we know the bacteria (from its perspective ) isn’t “self-aware” and “conscious”? I wonder if bacteria thinks it’s the pinnacle of life evolution? Remember that according to relativity perspective defines your reality.

I find some very interesting “parallels” between “earth” as a living organism and its functions and the human body as a living organism and its functions.

Human lungs: Job - turn O2 into CO2 (oxygen to carbon dioxide)

Earth Lungs: Job - Turn CO2 into O2 (carbon dioxide to oxygen)

There is a very obvious parallel and a very obvious, undeniable, symbiotic relationship between these two “organisms”. They complement each other and recycle each other’s byproducts, this is why nothing can be created or destroyed in physics terms, EVERYING is recycled.

Human Vascular system: Job – help move minerals and nutrients throughout the body

Earth Vascular system (lakes/streams/rivers /fresh water): Job – help move minerals and nutrients throughout the earth

Again there is a very obvious parallel and symbiotic relationship going on here.

HEART
The Heart is a bit less obvious but since the vascular system of the human body originates and terminates in the heart, the earthly parallel would be the oceans and seas of the earth as that is where all the lakes/streams/rivers/freshwater originates and terminates.

BRAIN
Another less obvious parallel between human and earth,

I know that is a coincidental reach but I merely put it here for the "interesting" factor.

I'm not entirely sure where the "earth brain" would be however I have pondered that it might be the collective "human" mind as we are a part of this living organism the human race in its entirety may be doing something on a larger scale that we are not entirely aware of.

Considering this I have thought a lot about the increase in earthly turmoil and apparent imbalance and overall lack of homeostasis on a planetary level and I started to think of the planet as being "sick" or having an "infection".

WE the people being the "infection" not because we are by nature but our societies and governments have brought us here to a place of complete disharmony with our biosphere and the living earth. We live non-organic lives and are immersed in artificial lives at an ever increasing rate.

The interesting thing is that when the human body (earth) gets an "infection" (humans) the body (earth) doesn't recognize the "infection" (humans) as being PART of itself and thus tries to KILL it off and re-create homeostasis so the HOST(earth) can survive the infection (humans). The body usually does this by means of FEVER (global warming) or raising the bodies temperature to create a less inhabitable environment and thus eventually killing off the infection (humans).

I truly believe the earth is reacting to the human infection and lack of relation humans have with the earth. The earth as a self-aware organism no longer acknowledges the human race as "part of itself" because everything we do these days is escalating out of balance and out of harmony with nature and its processes.

The earth is trying to kill us/fight us off so it can stay alive just as your body fights off unknown invaders to keep you alive. The parallels all seem to real and obvious for me to ignore or disregard as a "far reaching theory"

This is all avoidable though because humans are capable of expanding on their consciousness they are capable of controlling their actions for a purpose, when we know better we tend to do better. If the collective human race were to realize their place in the cycle of life and how its a symbiotic relationship by which we play an integral role we can therefor find some direction on how to conduct our lives in harmony with the life around us.

We do not exist independently of the earth and its biosphere we are very much an important part of LIFE itself and our role as of late is that of an infection/disease/virus that is living artificial synthetic lives outside the bounds and rules of what made us possible in the first place, life/nature/earth etc...

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wwpQ1.jpg/IMG]

I'm convinced the homeostasis that made life possible on this planet is in severe jeopardy and it may or may not very well be a "part of a natural cycle" I too believe this is a fair possibility, I DO NOT believe that a carbon tax or any other synthetic man made solution will solve this problem.

I think the answer is to re-adjust our priorities and our lives, re-adjust our wants and our needs, re-adjust just about everything to live with nature in balance and harmony. That is a real and practical solution to this problem that follows the rules of nature that made everything we know possible. A Carbon tax or any other man-made solution will only compound our problems and our suffering as a race.

Knowing all this I truly believe that the ancients that built the amazing megalithic civilizations were indeed more wise and smarter than we are today. They seemed to "know better" they seemed to understand their "place' on earth and knew it well.

Depending on whose version of history you follow you will think different things, all from traditional accepted thought to ancient aliens...but the one thing that is self-evident and undeniable and unaffected by agendas is that the ancients didn't dabble in the "artificial" yet they were capable of creating structures that even today we could not duplicate.

I am absolutely convinced based upon this non taint-able evidence that we were once a great race that was far superior to that which we THINK we are today. The human race has been tainted and is no longer part of the biosphere, the human race is a direct threat to life itself...

The ancients KNEW BETTER...
edit on Mon Dec 12 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: insert new images

edit on Mon Dec 12 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
humans are the cancer but we are also the cure.
The earth will be around long after humans are gone. But who knows? Maybe the whole universe is alive?

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I think about this almost daily. Good thread.

I believe that we are living in/on a living thing. We are like cells moving about the body.

What happens on a microscopic level also happens at a galactic level. We fail to see this. One day with high super powered 3d microscopes they will see colonies of species living on an atom.

This is my favourite pic you posted

If we look out further enough you will see that galaxies flow like particles in a river and if we look back even further you might see a organ being constructed.
edit on 2-12-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The theory you propose is also called the Gaia theory

The Gaia theory posits that the Earth is a self-regulating complex system involving the biosphere, the atmosphere, the hydrospheres and the pedosphere, tightly coupled as an evolving system. The theory sustains that this system as a whole, called Gaia, seeks a physical and chemical environment optimal for contemporary life.[1]
Gaia evolves through a cybernetic feedback system operated unconsciously by the biota, leading to broad stabilization of the conditions of habitability in a full homeostasis. Many processes in the Earth's surface essential for the conditions of life depend on the interaction of living forms, especially microorganisms, with inorganic elements. These processes establish a global control system that regulates Earth's surface temperature, atmosphere composition and ocean salinity, powered by the global thermodynamic desequilibrium state of the Earth system.[2]
The existence of a planetary homeostasis influenced by living forms had been observed previously in the field of biogeochemistry, and it is being investigated also in other fields like Earth system science. The originality of the Gaia theory relies on the assessment that such homeostatic balance is actively pursued with the goal of keeping the optimal conditions for life, even when terrestrial or external events menace them.[3]
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Great thread OP! This is exactly the type of topic/theory ATS needs as a palette cleanser to a lot of the repetitive stuff.....not too mention im very much in agreement with you, the gnostics call her Gaia? The only thing i can add off the top of my head is the fact that pH (potential Hydrogen) plays a very large role across the planet and its organisms for uptake and absorption rates of nutrients, hard metals, bacteria, fungi, etc. No matter what size scale you are referencing, it seems to play a role regardless.

-Foo

cheers to shadow herder, answered my question before i asked it, weirdo
edit on 2-12-2011 by RedbeardedFoo because: blah

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
The theory you propose is also called the Gaia theory

The Gaia theory posits that the Earth is a self-regulating complex system involving the biosphere, the atmosphere, the hydrospheres and the pedosphere, tightly coupled as an evolving system. The theory sustains that this system as a whole, called Gaia, seeks a physical and chemical environment optimal for contemporary life.[1]
Gaia evolves through a cybernetic feedback system operated unconsciously by the biota, leading to broad stabilization of the conditions of habitability in a full homeostasis. Many processes in the Earth's surface essential for the conditions of life depend on the interaction of living forms, especially microorganisms, with inorganic elements. These processes establish a global control system that regulates Earth's surface temperature, atmosphere composition and ocean salinity, powered by the global thermodynamic desequilibrium state of the Earth system.[2]
The existence of a planetary homeostasis influenced by living forms had been observed previously in the field of biogeochemistry, and it is being investigated also in other fields like Earth system science. The originality of the Gaia theory relies on the assessment that such homeostatic balance is actively pursued with the goal of keeping the optimal conditions for life, even when terrestrial or external events menace them.[3]
en.wikipedia.org...

I kinda figured I wasn't alone even though I never knew of the "gaia theory" I knew of Gaia and well the more I pondered it all the more and more sense it makes of everything really.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
you almost ruined a very interesting thread by bringing into it the mickey mouse idea of climate change, aka a wealth transfer tax...

if you look around the world and throughout history, what has been done to- native american/canadian indians, africans, mayans and aboriginies of various countries,,, they've all been generally fooked over and oppressed, almost wiped out completely.. and what have they all got in common,, an understanding of humans connections to the planet, mother nature, the universe etc....

this is why this knowledge has been replaced by man made religion thats designed to keep us in a retarded little world and out of balance with mother nature! its why pope gregory created the gregorian calendar,, which is known as the error in time.. anything and everything has been done to take us out of sync with everything else!!

but as someone posted above,, humans are the cancer, as much as we are the cure!!

we are the ones we've been waiting for!

"I think that by 2012 you will have people that are enlightened (open, honest, caring, loving, united to the divine) and those that still seek humanity's lower natures (suffering, misery, hate, separation from the divine) but at least the scale may be tipping more toward enlightened."
Hermes Trismegistus ..... will enough be awake in time,,, or will people carry on fueling fear and man made religion????

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Amazingly well thought out & presented.

If each species can be thought of analogously to a function of a biological system as you present & indeed the earth is reacting to imbalance, what action is necessary to return to harmony? Is it possible the process is too far along & we are perhaps too prideful to do what's necessary?

The system might be described as fractal if one considers to what extent the entity finalises. If there are indeed cells of the human system & the human system is a cell of the earth, can the earth then be considered a cell of another larger system?

The parallels with other fields complicates the subject & not due to incompatibility, rather because they are viewed as independent divided systems, a most detrimental illusion.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
If you're right, then we as a species are so totally going to die and probably very, very soon. Awesome pointing this stuff out, though.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

I tried to be clear by saying I DO NOT AGREE with the carbon tax idea it is horrible and it is not part of what will fix the issue. Its a greedy conspiracy to make it a crime to live for the majority of life on this planet. I was very intentional to not ruin the thread with a Al Gore type propaganda as I agree it would ruin this thread...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
What a well presented and fascinating thread! Thank you so much for your time and effort!! I have always wondered such things myself.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
If the earth truly is a self-aware entity it must surely "feel" which of us have pure intentions of having a positive and symbiotic relationship, maybe she can shake off those she doesnt want via natural disasters, disease, even "bad luck". Then again, my argument could easily be discounted when people like georgy mcsoros still roam the planet. i need a beer. i hope we are not just horny parasitic fleas.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Not trying to break your point. I see some of your comparisons and find them interesting. I'm not sure if humans help much to trees by breathing. To really know, it'd be helpful to ask a biologist what other processes of the earth contribute CO2. I think humans are only a very very very small percentage in terms of CO2 exchange in the lungs.

Warming and cooling are natural cycles for Earth. Other planets too I would guess, but maybe not those without certain atmospheres. Anyway, Earth's are definitely "normal" and not some attempt to kill humans. I would reject my belief if there were humans living at each ice age and warming period. This would give credit to your point if those humans were wrecking the Earth. Maybe there were, but I've never heard of such a thing.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
OP made a beautiful post. Way to go. I'm most definitely on board with your train of thought. You conveyed things quite precisely.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
Not trying to break your point. I see some of your comparisons and find them interesting. I'm not sure if humans help much to trees by breathing. To really know, it'd be helpful to ask a biologist what other processes of the earth contribute CO2. I think humans are only a very very very small percentage in terms of CO2 exchange in the lungs.

Warming and cooling are natural cycles for Earth. Other planets too I would guess, but maybe not those without certain atmospheres. Anyway, Earth's are definitely "normal" and not some attempt to kill humans. I would reject my belief if there were humans living at each ice age and warming period. This would give credit to your point if those humans were wrecking the Earth. Maybe there were, but I've never heard of such a thing.

I see where you are coming from as far as the warming and cooling, however your skin/epidermis warms and cools constantly dependent on your environment, it is reactive, such as the earth-skin (outer-shell) epidermis constantly warms and cools depending on its environment (sun-cycles) geographic location/orbit etc...the INTERIOR-CORE however is probably a constant temperature that regulates certain parts of the earth body such as the gulf-stream etc...just as the 98.9 degrees is the human inner core temperature. This temperature can be effected drastically by many things hypothermia/fever etc...the core earth temperature may act in a similar way under certain aspects of distress etc...

It doesn't JUST HAVE to be human reaction that causes the earth to try and re-correct homeostasis...universal issues could as well play a factor. Just as if you were to fall in freezing cold water that is not an unnatural human infection that caused your core temp to drop.

I truly do believe though that this time around it may be a little universal issues but most surely people are NOT living within the biosphere in a way that will sustain it. This is a very obvious infection, but it may not be the only reason earth temp is increasing/decreasing.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Magnificent thread.

A plausible theory that is only going to become logical as we "relearn" about our "interconnectedness" with the cosmic bodies.

I certainly love your conclusion. Our present civilization is de'evolution. I've always had that impression since birth that there was something wrong with "this" fragmented human species.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Id think it was alive too, if id smoked a few..... Peace man

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Great thread.......I totally agree

Humans forget that althought we are capable of doing amazing,wondrous things,we are still part of nature and must still understand this.

But we are forgetting.

edit on 3-12-2011 by Mazedays because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
Id think it was alive too, if id smoked a few..... Peace man

Definitely, but it's always funny to read those "Earth is awesome, # humans they are "teh evillllz"

This thread just proves one thing: We humans have the ability to imagine the most weirdest things...and believe in it

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Beautiful thread!

I love the picture comparisons you put in the post.

I think everything in its relative size is a microcosm of the Universe.

Humans, planets, subatomic particles, even ways that we function.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join