It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth is a self-aware living creature

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
earth may be alive. and we may very well be the programmed cell death of that living entity.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

S+F! Fantastic thread! Well written, very researched . . . beautiful!

I especially liked it when you said,

I'm not entirely sure where the "earth brain" would be however I have pondered that it might be the collective "human" mind as we are a part of this living organism . . .

Good food for thought; I am torn on this subject. Of course I offer no answer, but it would be pretty cool if Backster was right and everything on the Earth- from the bacteria in the sink to my bamboo plant to me- all shared one consciousness. I do not doubt it.

I am inclined to think that, since, as you pointed out, the ice above Antarctica looks like a brain, the mind of earth and its inhabitants lies there too. That might explain all of the mystery surrounding Antarctica: the no-fly zone, the secret bases, the alleged UFO war, and, of course, the 12000 year old structures found under the ice.

On another aspect of our planet, what is your response to the "our solar system is an atom" theory? Seeing as that would entice that electrons are alive, I was curious to see your take on this idea.

Just wondering,
Seraph

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
heart == the moon

Think about what the heart does, it's like the pistons of an engine, it provides motion. It expands and contracts to pump blood throughout the body.

The moon, is in a perpetual orbit of the earth creating tides and weather which gives natural motion to the biosphere.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Thank you for your thread and understanding that the Earth is a living, breathing, Cosmic Entity...ready to shake the fleas off of her "pregnant" back!

How's that for an image! She is a geodesic or dodechehedron energy form with vortices and vortex like energies. Earth is the Crown Jewel of our Solar System and we treat her like some abused child...it really does sicken me!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

It sounds as though you were communicatding with a nature spirit connected to one of the trees,

www.soul-guidance.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
You were going good until you said that because Antarctica looks like the brain it means the Earth has one.

The Earth is not sentient. Though you can very much so say it's alive.

If the Earth was sentient, the only logical thing to do would be to die. It's the only living planet it can see and know about, and the only thing also sentient would be the things killing it. It would be equivalent to a sex slave, praying for death every day.

The earth shows us there is regeneration after death. Thus we have the continual life cycle of the seasons, the endless cycles of new life in spring, fullness in summer, decay of leaves in autumn, hybernation in winter, then it all begins again.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
The planet and it's biosphere are self regulating, in so much as they create conditions that are favorable for life to exist and flourish, this has been the way of it for billions of years. James lovelock first proposed the theory in the 1970s to a luke warm reception from the scientific community. Nowadays gaia theory is widely accepted and regarded as one the most important theories in history. www.gaiatheory.org...

However, I do not subscribe to the idea that the planet is self aware in any way whatsoever, there is no evidence to suggest that it is.

In reading the discussion, it seems we can define things as 1) not alive, 2) alive, and 3) alive and self-aware. The word "alive" might need some new definition because as we become more technological, it may soon be possible to create a computer that is self-aware, but not alive. These definitions have always been somewhat weak, as science views bacteria as alive, but not viruses. I think once the definitions are set in stone, it may become easier to answer the question of whether Earth, or the cells in my body, are self-aware.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

That's purely interpretive. Someone could also interpret it as testing for a single, not regenerative form. Every two or so years near every cell in your body is replaced. Dead. No longer existing. Within every 200 years, a genes is completely renewed in its test against time. Every 20,000 years some new major mutation occurs and is stabilized. Every 200,000 years a new significant species is born. Every 2 million years a new order, family, etc etc.

Someone can interpret this as "you are temporary. Eventually you will be destroyed by something else".

To apply your own values is just that. Applying your own values. Don't look to the Earth for the answers of why you are here. All you'll find is a multitude of answers along a very simply series of events.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kreese

it also gets weaker with age, eventually dying as its orbit grows more distant.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
If every 200,000 years or so a new significant species is born, why wouldm't a new species be born (from a human) with every 200,000 or so births?

edit on 3-12-2011 by banishedfromthisarea because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
After scanning this you definately share a lot of the same views as me. I haven't got time to read it just yet but will bookmark it and save it for later, looks a good read!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I tend to disagree with this theory.

Already when I was a kid I realized an atom seems the same as our solar system. So I've been thinking if there are size-levels. Somewhere our solar system is just one atom. All our atoms are solar systems on a smaller scale realm. I don't think so.

I think there are laws of physics like the way electricity and the blood veins of humans and plants, or the universe and a braincell, appear similar. That's just laws of physics.

Why? Because I don't see bacteria colonies building civilizations, little skyscrapers and whatnot.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Fractals. Very cool.
I've been interested in this for a while.
If you haven't seen it already, here's a doc on the subject.
I've posted this before in another thread, but its revelance is sound.

[this is the complete doc, all 50(+) minutes of it]

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I too am left every night pondering this same conclusion. It has been a long journey so far to get to this relization, but when nothing else seems to hold water, I am left with what we are discussing. When applied it offers plausable answers to everything. Stay strong and take your time to assess things, opinions should be welcomed in order to try and understand and somehow enjoy this ride. After all, in the end it is just a ride. Thanks for listening.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by banishedfromthisarea

Rate of births is irrelevant to rate of mutation. Species that breed hundreds of spawn evolve at no different rate than species that have 2 children.

In fact, for larger species like men, increased rate of birth counters mutation by providing a larger selection of genes to compete, and as such, an increased pressure for mutations to be negative and cause death to the individual. This is why humanity has all but stopped evolving. Mutated members are simply not bred with very often.

This is why the increased presence of toxic materials in an environment, at such low levels as 1/ trillion to 2/ trillion, can cause a doubling of retarded children, and a halving of brilliant children. Because it's a bell curve

I'm sorry that it's not English. There is one out there somewhere. Hopefully the visual aid is good enough to get it.

8:20

edit on 3-12-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

That's purely interpretive. Someone could also interpret it as testing for a single, not regenerative form. Every two or so years near every cell in your body is replaced. Dead. No longer existing. Within every 200 years, a genes is completely renewed in its test against time. Every 20,000 years some new major mutation occurs and is stabilized. Every 200,000 years a new significant species is born. Every 2 million years a new order, family, etc etc.

Someone can interpret this as "you are temporary. Eventually you will be destroyed by something else".

To apply your own values is just that. Applying your own values. Don't look to the Earth for the answers of why you are here. All you'll find is a multitude of answers along a very simply series of events.

I am not applying my own values. I am just observing that life cycles continually regenerate matter on this planet. I never said that the cells in my body would remain alive forever more. I have remarked that even in the face of death, new life comes forth, as when the leaves of a tree fall of in autumn, and new growth begins in spring. That is an observance of natural cycles, not a wild guess as you have just suggested.
The earth constantly recycles. It does recycle our cells too.
But you may think as you like.
But this is an observation of the matter Universe. Spirit is another story.

Looking to the earth for answers? I look within.

edit on 3-12-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
reply to post by dannotz

If you saw a rock covered in moss, would you say the rock itself was alive. Earth is that rock and we are but moss

A rock doesn't have a core that is spinning and producing energy!

The earth adapts, just as we adapt to it.

There's a reason we call it "mother earth"

She lives!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

But it isn't even recycling so much. The soil you walk on is the result of death. 42 inches of fertile soil wasn't always there. The Earth is constantly being rained on by matter. Indeed, many elements arrived here by space.

It is both the reusing, destroying, creating, and reviving of life that is happening. It is not evidence for some repeating pattern or cycle. In fact, it's evidence of an eager creative force that will use what it has over and over again, but the moment it gets something new, will drop what it has and use that instead.

If you are trying to turn this into reincarnation, which I suspect you are, you will not find prove of it in the cycles of the season. If you live in America, pay attention a bit more. You'll notice that with every passing season things change ever so slightly. Temperature. Rate of decay of life. Have you noticed that leaves take a bit longer to rot away every year? Have you noticed the changing rain patterns? The cycle does not repeat. In fact, it changes ever so slightly. Until what it once was is utterly destroyed.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

I think if you actually looked down on us from a satellite, we would look more like lice than fleas, really. And keep in mind there are black and red lice, just so my words aren't made out to be a 'white' thing.

Well, I'm not sure how to say this, I'll try not to be inappropriate as this thread is both compelling and thoughtful. I suppose I should start by saying that I concur with this Gaia theory, that anything that gives life which the earth does in abundance is probably going to be female. And I will continue this by saying that if you delve into a lot of feminist groups you will hear rumors about something called the 'Vagina Deorum', a reference to the lower part of ancient Asia Minor. Vagina in the ancient latin has multiple meanings, one being the obvious, the other meaning 'sheath' or 'scabbard'. Deorum means 'of the gods'.

But of course a literal translation would mean Vagina of the Gods. Okay, now you should look to the image below..

Yeah. The Red Sea.

I think it speaks for itself really._javascript:icon('
') I might actually incur her wrath (which is never a good idea, cause when mother earth ain't happy, ain't nobody happy) for being so forward, but I think people should know.

By the way, if anyone is looking to cure their dyshidrotic eczema on the cheap, here's my blog:

constantineelias.blogspot.com...

edit on 3-12-2011 by spartanfilmguy because: adding image

edit on 3-12-2011 by spartanfilmguy because: addition

edit on 3-12-2011 by spartanfilmguy because: addition

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by seraphnb
reply to post by Sly1one

On another aspect of our planet, what is your response to the "our solar system is an atom" theory? Seeing as that would entice that electrons are alive, I was curious to see your take on this idea.

Just wondering,
Seraph

Well the structure of an atom and solar system are definitely similar and I have always thought of size and scale as an obscure human creation that we use use as a tool to measure, compare and analyze the world around us much like "time" in the sense most understand it is merely a measurement to help quantify the world we live in.

Having said that I see it as entirely possible that our solar system is an atom, however the earth dipole while protons and electrons are monopole this is the only functional inconsistency I can see based on what we "know".

I think there are two definite and clear blueprint designs by which ALL things organize and construct themselves. one being the recycling vortex (what goes out comes back in) you can see this engineering design in multiple examples from the earths magnetosphere to the electric field around the human heart. The human consumption digestion and excretion also follows this design in function.

The other is the branching effect or design which illustrates the path of least resistance in any medium. From water flows across the soil to electrical discharge through the air and even the branching in you lungs.

I can go further into this when I have more time if people wish

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join