It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Discover Huge Martian Water Depot—Could Be Used By Human Explorers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks, I like "the long version" for things I don't understand. Your post was most informative, simple (layman's terms) and I now know "why". Kudos

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Hell, even 90 percent of saturns 64 moons have alien people living there.Ganymede has even sent us radio signals .

This is interesting. Can You post a link.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Nice finds, and great thread. Look at all this evidence of water (ice) on mars. We have seen entire galaxies expelling water into their surrounding void. I am starting to wonder with all these "perfect variables for life" if there isn't some crazy toxic mutants on planets with viruses that would eat us for dinner too.

At least science is picking up now, the universe is no longer as mysterious as we once thought. It's full of the same elements that are under our feet-water, heat, carbon, hydrogen, wind, seismic activity, even tornadoes, and lightning storms.

How things have changed since the days of Copernicus, and Aristotle. These ideas would have landed someone in the death chair. What has been removed from the vail of the universe is God. We don't wonder as much as we used to, and we definitely are Geiko shoppers who search around for the truth, and here we are. We now know how to travel faster than light, and we know that the stars don't revolve around the earth (neither does the sun).

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Nice Find, Now all we need to do is get some people up there.

Whos down for a road trip to mars!

They have been there, done that.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
All of the planets close to us all have water and people,animals and plants.

Which ones do you consider close?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection
Ganymede has even sent us radio signals .

This is interesting. Can You post a link.

On that signal I can
On the people talk to John and Sleeper

Go here... click on Jupiter... then Ganymede... listen to the whole thing (about 4 min)

www.spacesounds.com...

I call that one "ET Phoned Home"

And this one from Casini Probe

Alien Speech? Found in NASA's Saturn Radio Signal

edit on 3-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Whos down for a road trip to mars!

I am but first we need to get us the right wheels. If your up to it I know where they park the Mars 1 Humvee. All we have to do is go steal... errr borrow it, drive it to the nearest mars jump gate at Area 51 (just a few miles from me) and voila!

edit on 3-12-2011 by zorgon because: Wasn't me it was..... GREMLINS

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Mars Express Radar Gauges Water Quantity Around Mars South Pole

March 15, 2007

Excerpt

However, the strength of the echo that the radar receives from the rocky surface underneath the layered deposits suggests the composition of the layered deposits is at least 90 percent frozen water. One area with an especially bright reflection from the base of the deposits puzzles researchers. It resembles what a thin layer of liquid water might look like to the radar instrument...

Polar layered deposits hold most of the known water on modern Mars, though other areas of the planet appear to have been very wet at times in the past. Understanding the history and fate of water on Mars is a key to studying whether Mars has ever supported life, because all known life depends on liquid water...

SOURCE: Physics.org

The amount of water trapped in frozen layers over Mars south polar region is equivalent to a liquid layer about 11 metres deep covering the planet.

edit on 3-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This is cool.

I'd like to ask how many of you believe that Mars might have had a magneto sphere and if that would have been enough to harbor life on the planet? Geologically it seems Mars would have made a very good planet to live on if only a few things were different.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
oh come on!
should we put this official FUD to rest?

we are being right out lied by NASa and ESA...

ice under the soil?
even ice question is to me not even discussable any more

Google Mars does the job:

it's all there,in plain sight
edit on 5-12-2011 by darkraver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkraver
oh come on! Google Mars does the job:

What you have to understand is that Google became a mega very high tech business empire very quickly from a start-up. That means making many compromises along the way to get so big so fast.

Think about it.

If you were part of the secrecy crowd charged with making decisions and with super deep financial pockets with your fingers in everything of importance, would you allow such a high tech company to grow unchecked with no controls on it and without your agenda's presence within it? When it comes to who Google may be willing to offend and who it can't and who it must comply with, consider the following not so subtle clues.

Google's main research/lab facilities are located in 1-million square foot facility provided at NASA Ames Research Center. Its main satellite connection is GeoEye which is the world's largest space imaging corporation. GeoEye is a major client of the super secret National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) which specializes just for starters in military space and satellite technology and intelligence. The NGA in turn is a part of the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and a member of the U.S. Intelligence Community.

In other words, the FBI would call those associations real clues.

It doesn't stop there though. For example NASA Ames technology, in addition to the Google Earth product, is enabling Google Mars, Google Earth: Ocean, and Microsoft's Worldwide Telescope. However, all of these, in my opinion, employ technologies that create graphical textures. These creations are suppose to be representative of the real thing but, make no mistake about it, they are not the real thing. As this work as shown, many times even what is suppose to be the real thing science data too often isn't that either.

In my opinion, while this cooperation with Google and Microsoft so called private enterprises is touted as making satellite exploration data more accessible to the public and thereby a great thing for public tax dollars and easy to sell in that way, it is at the same time introducing private enterprise intermediaries not necessarily responsible directly to the public into the mix positioned between NASA and JPL and the public to take any initial heat should things start going south in the public's perception.

Since the public expects less out of private enterprise than it does out of those it funds and charges with pure science and exploration, this has an obvious potential down side for the public because it tends to relax public pressure and controls trying to insure clean and real science data.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It's pretty well established that Mars had large seas billions of years ago.

It would have been amazing to see that.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatpastyhead
It would have been amazing to see that.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Nice thread!

If we can get the Oxygen back onto this Planet we'll be laughing.

but then again do we really want another System similar to what we have here coz you know who will be laying their hands on it

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Drop one or two of the ice moons from saturn on mars.

This would thicken the atmosphere and supply more water then the ground could absorb.

The biggest problem mars has is a deficiency of nitrogen.
Nitrogen is needed by plants for growth.
And with plant growth you convert CO2 to O2
edit on 5-12-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

might wanna try to find a way to get the core rolling again, or any oxygen created would be for naught.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join