It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Embassy In Tehran Taken Over By Protestors, Building On Fire Update : 8 people taken hostage

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
How long before war starts? Attacking an embassy is declaration of war basically.

So is occupying their country and instituting crippling sanctions. Just sayin'

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
What do people expect the Iranian government to do? They're in a bit of a lose-lose situation, because if they do anything to prevent protests they're seen as anti-democratic and totalitarian.

When they're not heavy handed then protesters are "Militant students" and the Iranian government are evil and up to no good because they won't keep their people in line. Outside of gunning down Iranian protesters -- which you would all bemoan and use against Iran -- what do you want?

You can see the propaganda a mile away and the media no longer try and hide it. Funny how these are "Militant students" and Cameron and everyone have said their actions are outrageous. Yet if these protesters stormed any standard Iranian government building, and were burning pictures of Ahmedinejad, shouting pro-Western slogans, my British politicians would be celebrating their actions and hailing them freedom fighters living under a barbaric regime.

William Hague says "This remains a very serious failure by the Iranian government"... All these war mongers care about is mongering war. The Iranian government, outside of pre-emptively killing protesters, did their best.

Is that what Hague, Cameron and you people want. You want the Iranian police and army to go around shooting down protesters to make sure this doesn't happen again? You aren't going to let them win, are you? Either they're totalitarian fascists who stifle democracy by being heavy handed on protesters OR when the protesters are protesting against Britain -- and rightly so -- you bemoan the government for not shooting down the protesters in the street

Even British protesters have stormed buildings successfully and we have a very strong police force that's high in number and considered good at controlling crowds.

The propaganda and aims to take over Iran make me nauseated.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Good for the Iranians. The UN, UK, US, and everyone else needs to just back the f*** off of them. Have they hurt anyone, really? Have they launched an nuke? Have they done anything that EVERY other country in the world hasn't done at some point in time? The people are sick of having people meddle in their affairs.

All the other countries that are meddling in their affairs are falling apart themselves. Focus on your own yard before you nag your neighbor (or in the case of the US, the house across town) about cutting their grass. The majority of the rest of the worlds people don't care what happens in the Middle East. They're worried, as they should be, about whether or not they're going to have a job to go to in the next few months.

Whatever they want to do in Iran is the business of the people in Iran. If they want to build a nuke, fine. If they want the material for power, fine. We have no business interfering until one of a few things happen:

1. The people of Iran ASK for help.
2. They launch a nuke at someone who cannot fight back. And then only if we're ASKED to help.
3. They launch a nuke at us. Then we return fire and melt them all into glass, no big drawn out war... just a few good warheads on the people who actually launched the nuke or missiles or whatever else, not just random villages with civilians.

Just my $0.02.
edit on 30-11-2011 by MordyHaran because: re-wording something.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
Don't underestimate NATO's stupid actions. We know they wanna get this war started already, they just need any reason to make it seem like Iran was at fault.

If Iran took the UK embassy, Iran is at fault. NATO wouldn't need any other reason.

Why didn't NATO go to war with America and Britain when we installed the Shah then?

Just another hypocrite organisation that picks and chooses when it wants to play by the rules. Turn a blind eye if the "good guys"(us) break the rules

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

@samy110, who tweets regularly about Iran, says it is not Iranian students responsible for the attack. Those who attacked the British embassy in Tehran are thugs FYI Iranian students R either expelled from Uni or in prisons! #iranelection

The official Iranian IRNA news agency reports that around 50 students managed to enter the embassy but that police used water canon to try to stop others entering.

www.guardian.co.uk...

edit on 29-11-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

Two confusing news

edit on 29-11-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

@samy110 is no more a source of legitimate news than the Iranian posting in this thread. Both are Iranians with different views, offering news to fit their position.

The reality is that the crowd were probably a mix. There will be tons of anti-British students. The idea that education is synonymous with pro-Western opinion is a shame and nothing but a fabrication from the Western media. Educated individuals often go the other way.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALEXVIDMASTER
reply to post by xuenchen

did you even know that 72 hrs after the gold was shipped back to venezuela, all of the sudden, 10 "delinquents" no super agent thieves, but just common delinquents stole 19 kilograms of gold???? great job chavez. lmao just had to say it beacuse the smoke curtain is so cheap...

I didn't know THAT !!!

well,

no wonder Iran left their money out of the country.

must be safer.

I bet those theives were Chavez hires

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MordyHaran
Good for the Iranians. The UN, UK, US, and everyone else needs to just back the f*** off of them. Have they hurt anyone, really? Have they launched an nuke? Have they done anything that EVERY other country in the world hasn't done at some point in time? The people are sick of having people meddle in their affairs.

All the other countries that are meddling in their affairs are falling apart themselves. Focus on your own yard before you nag your neighbor (or in the case of the US, the house across town) about cutting their grass. The majority of the rest of the worlds people don't care what happens in the Middle East. They're worried, as they should be, about whether or not they're going to have a job to go to in the next few months.

Whatever they want to do in Iran is the business of the people in Iran. If they want to build a nuke, fine. If they want the material for power, fine. We have no business interfering until one of a few things happen:

1. The people of Iran ASK for help.
2. They launch a nuke at someone who cannot fight back. And then only if we're ASKED to help.
3. They launch a nuke at us. Then we return fire and melt them all into glass, no big drawn out war... just a few good warheads on the people who actually launched the nuke or missiles or whatever else, not just random villages with civilians.

Just my $0.02.
edit on 30-11-2011 by MordyHaran because: re-wording something.

Ummm...unless im a little paranoid, iranian politicians shouting Death to Britain whilst developing Nukes is a slight concern.

I have no worries that my government would use our Nukes in an unsavoury way, because they dont wander the Houses of Parliament shouting death to iran and I think our military tradition means we wouldnt do an unnacceptable nuke launch on a whim, can you say the same for a state where it is acceptable to shout Death to Britain and it be ok.

NBHD

Oh and you think its OK to wait until they launch on.

OEA

edit on 30-11-2011 by FastJetPilot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
You know what if these idiots want to do this to our brothers and sisters in the U.K if they want to threaten America and its allies if they want to antagonize war with Turkey. Its time, people no more blood shed on our side. Yes there is such a thing as US and THEM, one life of ours is equal to many of there’s until we drive the fight out of them. I hope we turn there war mongering death chanting people into a bunch of peace loving hippie's I hope we beat the estrogen into them. Im tired of this crap if we allow it to go on much longer we will loose our world. Id rather the west take over the whole world and we live in peace, than to allow these people to escalate to the point that we destroy ourselves and humanity is extinct.
edit on 30-11-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Just remember, years from now when we have troops dying in Iran, we will think back to this event and say 'all they needed was an excuse'

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
And so it begins...

Not really sure how I feel about this. :|

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Host nations are obliged to ensure the security of diplomatic missions and Irans "lacklustre" attempts to control the crowds show they allowed it to happen, after all, they had no trouble quashing the protests a few years ago against themselves.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
The UK will NOT go to war with Iran over this.
There simply is no support whatsoever for any sort of military action and Cameron is on thin ice as it is domestically.
He can not afford to alienate people further.

Things may have been different if the 'students' hadn't released the embassy staff, but they did.
And even then I think the British public would have only supported a rescue mission.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I rek'n this is the work of the Americans.. i cant see how the government would benefit from hitting the embassy, especially after 2 of its military bases have very recently been bombed...

It wouldnt be hard to incite youths in Iran.. Iranian people enjoy western qualities, they dont want to live like the USA, but they want to be Iranians living a life open to them via trade, alcohol on a romantic night.. to wear their own clothes and makeup as they please.. to be able to decide how they want to represent the muslim faith!

.. but they are so willing, the young ones are willing to allow the Americans, to help them riot and rampage... it would be a cia's paradise recruiting in young Iranian communities.

the fact they pulled back and nothing serious occurred says they wernt fanatics.. but probably youths working for an hourly wage...

the last... 15 days i rekn.. we've seen Israel say time is up, it’s time to move.. we've had a massive explosion at a military base, that killed a general.. we've had a second just as powerful explosion, in a military city.. with accurate details sketchy!

now we've had a western embassy attacked, in a very public manner!

sounds like a decisions been made on the western side.... lets see if Irans got the guts to pull the trigger back!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Actually I like both sites, that is ok with you, yes? Or do I have to pick one because of you? Seeing as though every headline on Zero Hedge's page deals with financial news, and none of it can be refuted by you, I just thought i'd be a counterpoint to your baseless innuendo. And everyone out there can check if Zero Hedge is a financial blog or a rumor mill. Would be nice if people actually read some financial news, instead of their Hasbara Troll alerts on the next thread to sock puppet to death.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

You are on the right track sir, but it was indeed Iran behind it, otherwise the riot police wouldn't be just standing there doing nothing. I'm sure some nice Iranian operatives were right behind the swarm, making sure they got first pick of whatever intel was left behind before fleeing. What a great cover to gather some classified intel. Russia hit the jackpot in Georgia as far as intel is concerned as well.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
yeah true... and an embassy would be a treasure trove to hit too.. but surely the uk would expose something like that as proof of Irans deception..

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The Brits will not be happy if any of them have any balls of brass left after being metastasized by the Muslim horde in their country.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

There is nothing to "expose", it is blatantly obvious that there was at least an element of State collusion in this "protest", by virture of the fact riot police stood by as they ransacked the building (see pictures in this very thread!)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

They were looking for info on an invasion, there is nothing to expose, only info to keep closely guarded. This has nothing to do with trying to embarass someone, it is survival, dog eat dog baby.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by poundpuppy

What?

And, before you chime in with another random attempt to besmirch us, try looking up what the word metastasized means and then see if it actually worked in that sentence you wrote.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join