It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Embassy In Tehran Taken Over By Protestors, Building On Fire Update : 8 people taken hostage

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by iamconcerned

same message twice in the space of two pages? but i am the troll?

As billy shakespeare once wrote "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

"Id rather the west take over the whole world and we live in peace" Of course the state will raise your babies from the moment you give birth by that point. And tell you when it's time to die. You'd like the movie Logans Run.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

We can play off each other all night, but your innuendo was neutralized. You have no rebuttal, except against me personally, which wasn't the topic. You lose. Have a great nite!

edit on 30-11-2011 by iamconcerned because: .

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
David Cameron has said that there wil be harsh consequences:

David Cameron last night warned Iran faced "serious consequences" after the mob stormed the embassy in the capital.

www.thesun.co.uk...

I wonder what he means by this....

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
David Cameron has said that there wil be harsh consequences:

David Cameron last night warned Iran faced "serious consequences" after the mob stormed the embassy in the capital.

www.thesun.co.uk...

I wonder what he means by this....

I told you in my post, SFA, there is nothing we (the UK) can do about it except lobby the USA.

We are a weak and pathetic, our troops, airforce and navy are amongst the best and most well trained on earth but....the government has raped them. There is # all we can do about it.Period.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Oh and never 'quote'the Sun, its like quoting Viz.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FastJetPilot

I think a country's peepee size should be based on the standard of living in that country, not how much they can project death on the rest of the planet. Learn to get along (when I say learn to get along that -doesn't- mean you import a bazillion of them to your country and let them set up Sharia and tolerate it, but respect them over there).

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Occupy British embassy!

More from the article :

Dozens of hard-line Iranian students have stormed the British Embassy in Tehran, bringing down the British flag and throwing documents from windows.

The students clashed with anti-riot police and chanted "the Embassy of Britain should be taken over" and "death to England."

Tuesday's incident comes two days after Iranian parliament approved a bill that reduces diplomatic relations with Britain following London's support of recently upgraded U.S. sanctions on Tehran.

How long before war starts? Attacking an embassy is declaration of war basically. Not long before they claim that those ``students`` are in fact the Basij (paramilitary force)...

www.zerohedge.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29-11-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

This can officially be seen as an act of war already since an embassy is sovereign from the country it's established within.

So these protesters kidnapped British nationals on British soil.

Let's hope it doesnt escalate any further but im not gonna hold my breath.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by iamconcerned

Yeah... this won't work out.... we are too different!!

They need their own Country for their Sharia.... we need our own Country for us.... just to be free from any burdens!!

It shouldn't matter that many have been born here.... its just not going to work!!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by trentyh

The SAS of UK, NZ & Australia are among the very best trained men in the world but they are not THE best. Their weakness is Israel's strength. As for the Iranians, the British SAS would have no chance alone in Iran without the help of other units in other countries.

I don't like to get too cocky because I know the Iranians have come a long way since the Iraq/Iran war and they should'nt be underestimated. Iranians - no one really knows what to expect. 10 years in Afghanistan should be enough to know success there is either short lived or it won't come at all for the Americans/British and Coalition Forces.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
i think i speak for everybody when i say.... no one is suprised by this turn of events. more specifically people just don't care about how iran is acting, we already know they're gonna cause WW3

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

They were students, therefore it was not an act of war. By saying that, the Iranian authorities had the hostages released because they know in case it was a false flag set up it could change things for the worst. The Iranians did the right thing on behalf of Iran by releasing the embassy staff. They're not stupid; they know the Americans will try anything to start a confrontation with Iran. The Iranians are being super careful and have their eyes and ears wide open.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

It might had been a set up by the Americans for all we know and the Iranians are not falling for it.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I'm sure you are right, the way borders are defended now, it's pretty much the most ruthless that rises to the top in any general mixing of the populace. Hence Sharia Law in England. How's that democracy working out for the Coptic Christians in Egypt? That would be the way world works in Unicorn hold hands land.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FastJetPilot

I told you in my post, SFA, there is nothing we (the UK) can do about it except lobby the USA.

We are a weak and pathetic, our troops, airforce and navy are amongst the best and most well trained on earth but....the government has raped them. There is # all we can do about it.Period

Fortunately some of us Brits still have a pair of balls and a backbone.

Do not judge everyone on your own weaknesses.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

There is not going to be a WWIII because i have seen the end of 2012.... there will be a few scraps but thats about it.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Yes, the SAS are the best and the benchmark all Special Forces aspire to.

And yes, if a rescue mission had been required then the SAS would have been able to carry it out successfully, as they have done on numerous occassions throughout the world over the years.

Thankfully it wasn't necessary.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
What do people expect the Iranian government to do? They're in a bit of a lose-lose situation, because if they do anything to prevent protests they're seen as anti-democratic and totalitarian.

When they're not heavy handed then protesters are "Militant students" and the Iranian government are evil and up to no good because they won't keep their people in line. Outside of gunning down Iranian protesters -- which you would all bemoan and use against Iran -- what do you want?

You can see the propaganda a mile away and the media no longer try and hide it. Funny how these are "Militant students" and Cameron and everyone have said their actions are outrageous. Yet if these protesters stormed any standard Iranian government building, and were burning pictures of Ahmedinejad, shouting pro-Western slogans, my British politicians would be celebrating their actions and hailing them freedom fighters living under a barbaric regime.

I`m in total agreement in what you say.
Look what our government, along with the French, US and NATO have just done to Libya and its leader.
We aided or were aided by a group of rebels in overthrowing another nation while the rest of the world watched.
Now that was Propaganda at it`s best and was believed by most of the British sheeple to be the right thing to do.

Who can blame those students for their actions ?
We are hated by all middle-east countries because of the actions we have taken since 9/11.

William Hague says "This remains a very serious failure by the Iranian government"... All these war mongers care about is mongering war. The Iranian government, outside of pre-emptively killing protesters, did their best.

Is that what Hague, Cameron and you people want. You want the Iranian police and army to go around shooting down protesters to make sure this doesn't happen again? You aren't going to let them win, are you? Either they're totalitarian fascists who stifle democracy by being heavy handed on protesters OR when the protesters are protesting against Britain -- and rightly so -- you bemoan the government for not shooting down the protesters in the street

Even British protesters have stormed buildings successfully and we have a very strong police force that's high in number and considered good at controlling crowds.

The propaganda and aims to take over Iran make me nauseated.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
They weren't just students...some were paramilitary troops under control of the Revolutionary Guard:

mob including members of the paramilitary basij brigades, under the control of Iran's Revolutionary Guards, surged through lines of riot police and broke into the embassy and a separate residential compound, the Qolhak Gardens, in northern Tehran, chanting "Death to England" in scenes reminiscent of the seizure of the US embassy in 1979.

emphasis mine

link: www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

I mentioned earlier this was a great cover to gather/steal intelligence about the upcoming invasion. So all the guards just sit there, some smiling ffs, and camera men on the front line not concerned for their safety whatsoever. You just got punked. I'm not advocating invasion, but you can't expect the world to just let Americans be the king of bull#, without a little competition. The embassy was going to be closing withing a few weeks/months anyway, why not jump the gun and scour it for some secrets? Pretty damn smart if you ask me.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join