It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Embassy In Tehran Taken Over By Protestors, Building On Fire Update : 8 people taken hostage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Some students and ordinary people managed to break into the British compound again," Fars reported, adding that the Tehran governor was at the scene "trying to calm down the students."

The incident followed Britain's imposition of new sanctions on the Islamic state last week over its nuclear program. London banned all British financial institutions from doing business with their Iranian counterparts, including the Central Bank of Iran, as part of a new wave of sanctions by Western countries.

live.reuters.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
guessing you didn't do a search. the story was posted 30mins ago.

(i find it bizare you are using zerohedge as a reliable news source. and particularly that submitter, tyler turden. he has been proven to be fearmongering and spouting baloney on several occasions. he will soon be giving sorcha fail a run for his money.
)

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 29-11-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

Are you being serious??? So, out of curiosity, what is a "reliable source" to you?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Iran Foreign Ministry statement: regrets British embassy attack in Tehran, says committed to diplomats' safety

Good

C'mon Iran get the Brits put and send them home ...lets prevail cool heads

live.reuters.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Agreed.

I think this should be solved diplomatically.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Destiny777

i would tend to stay clear of using blogs for reliable information.

the source in this particularly story has on many occasions tried to convince people that 'the end is nigh'

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
False flag against Iran. Are we sure these are students and not some mimd controlled Isreali faction? Lol. Justification for going in.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
reply to post by FidelityMusic

I stated that in an earlier post. The possibility was raised that these "students" were paramilitaries, in which case the UK would be within their rights to respond militarily. The ball right now is in the hands of the Iranian government. If they recover the hostages and reclaim the embassy and turn it over to the UK, then things are fine. If they don't then the Iranian government can be held responsible and the UK can do what it sees fit.

It's obvious they aren't paramilitary, just a bunch of young people upset with all of the ongoing recent issues and they feel the need to take things into their own hands. They all got together and started acting out, that's all. Although the U.K. would sure love to assume they were paramilitary.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

It's obvious they aren't paramilitary, just a bunch of young people upset with all of the ongoing recent issues and they feel the need to take things into their own hands. They all got together and started acting out, that's all. Although the U.K. would sure love to assume they were paramilitary.

So, if a group of pissed off Brits who are really angry at what they perceive is Iran's continued involvement with Islamic terrorists decide to protest outside Iran's London embassy, get carried away, break into the embassy, loot it and smash it up, burn Iranian government papers and then take some Iranian diplomats hostage, would
1. You be as flippant about it as you apparently are about this?
2. The British authorities do nothing?
3. Iran express their outrage and demand immediate action?
4. Those who are making excuses to justify this be up in arms?

I think we all know the answers to those questions.
edit on 29/11/11 by Freeborn because: bloody vowels

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
ehh Zerohedge has always proven quite accurate as far as I can tell. And no less in this case since the story is ALL OVER mainstream news. Someone is trying to discredit ZH because it talks the truth...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Vitchilo

THis shouldn't be in breaking alternative news. Read the rules.

There is nothing alternative about this. It is mainstream news. The other poster has it in the right forum, Middle East issues.

You certainly have posted in the wrong forum.

I am not claiming any news site is any better I just know for fact Tyler has been caught stretching the truth before. A guy who cannot be trusted.

you should be banned for littering the forum with this garbage every time there is a thread.

this could be seen as an act of war if the media wanted to spin it as such. im curious if the "students" are actually students or warmongers paid for by western powers

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
my ,my , i'm guessing some bloggers from another site might be getting a little upset. funny.

anyway , anyone got any news on those poor hostages???

anyone?? does anybody know wether the hostages are alive or dead. what is going on with the hostages??

It says there was 8 hostages taken and nobody has given any details.

Have IRAN mudered the 8 hostages????

This is so worrying.

I am so scared its all gonna kick off. World War 3 and all with all the hostages ????

Does anybody know anything. Zerohedge and Tyler , we need you now! Help!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meekbot2000

you should be banned for littering the forum with this garbage every time there is a thread.

garbage?? you wanna see garbage meekbot?

while we are all waiting on an update on those hostages, why not have a read of this classy episode Meekbot.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

my ,my , i'm guessing some bloggers from another site might be getting a little upset. funny.

anyway , anyone got any news on those poor hostages???

anyone?? does anybody know wether the hostages are alive or dead. what is going on with the hostages??

It says there was 8 hostages taken and nobody has given any details.

Have IRAN mudered the 8 hostages????

This is so worrying.

I am so scared its all gonna kick off. World War 3 and all with all the hostages ????

Does anybody know anything. Zerohedge and Tyler , we need you now! Help!

there are no hostages ,

Six British diplomats sequestered for more than two hours inside a building in Britain's diplomatic compound in the north of the capital were finally able to get through a crowd of hundreds of protesters after intervention from diplomatic police, the Fars news agency reported.

from here link

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

no hostages??? well aint that a doozy! i'll be

(thanks for update evilbat)
edit on 29-11-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Guess what time it is?

SAS EMBASSY RESCUE MISSION !!!

Come on move your a** !

edit on 29-11-2011 by Areyoupeopleinsane because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2011 by Areyoupeopleinsane because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
psyop en parfait =)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Probably the work of MI5 or 6 whichever, to try and drag/force or provide the UK with an 'in" into a 'colalition of the willing.'

No doubt Australia will also be a member of such a colalition, bringing demoracy to and taking oil out.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The British should have gotten out of Iran,when the Americans were held hostage.

Talk about not being proactive...................

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

What a bizarre commentary.

"The Iranian government that is clearly out of control". If a mob storms a building, how is that the government's fault? It becomes the government's fault if they refuse to do anything. Its like saying that because OWS protesters storm a building, that somehow the US government is out of control...

In typical propaganda fashion, they will draw parallels to the 1979 hostage crisis without mentioning the fact that in 1979 the people of Iran were in the process of overthrowing a brutal dictator, the Shah, who was installed and supported by the US government.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join