It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Embassy In Tehran Taken Over By Protestors, Building On Fire Update : 8 people taken hostage

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
This is an act of war, if the state is seen to have been behind it, otherwise who cares? Let them trash the place, it's their country, I don't believe in this embassy territory rubbish, more harm than good, especially those diplomat bags! Anyway, a year from now it will be a crater so off you go guys and gals! Jim'll fix it for you to have some fun trashing the place before you spend your days and nights dodging missiles and debris for a living ho ho ho!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by iamconcerned

You might be right too; information gathering of the Iranians or a false flag attack that did'nt quite go as planned. Hard to say either way.

Here's the latest news:

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 30-11-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Here's the response:

www.bbc.co.uk...

The UK is to expel all Iranian diplomats following the storming of its embassy in Tehran, Foreign Secretary William Hague has announced.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by gladtobehere

Host nations are obliged to ensure the security of diplomatic missions and Irans "lacklustre" attempts to control the crowds show they allowed it to happen, after all, they had no trouble quashing the protests a few years ago against themselves.

So by extension you're saying the British government colluded in the recent UK riots or any other large protest in which students have attacked and ransacked buildings, some business and some political?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

War if the a government body decided to raid an embassy not a bunch of teenagers that have nothing better to do.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by gladtobehere

Host nations are obliged to ensure the security of diplomatic missions and Irans "lacklustre" attempts to control the crowds show they allowed it to happen, after all, they had no trouble quashing the protests a few years ago against themselves.

So by extension you're saying the British government colluded in the recent UK riots or any other large protest in which students have attacked and ransacked buildings, some business and some political?

Not at all and you're putting words in my mouth, I suspect deliberately to try and prove a lame point.

First of all, show me a single instance of "students" attacking an embassy in the UK, especially with the Police standing by and watching.

Secondly, during the riots, the Police did deploy and attempt to stop the rioting, albeit in some cases somewhat late. But we're talking about Iran, a nation where political dissent and protests are much more monitored and supressed than in the UK. On top of that, in this very thread, there are pictures of riot police in Tehran standing right next to people walking out of the embassy with looted goods.

Comparing the two is rather lame and it is either a very bad attempt to deflect or just a total failure of logical reasoning on your part. You choose.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Off course they colluded in the riots in the UK. So they could find it more easier to erode more of the UK citizens democratic rights in the UK.

If the Police had sorted this situation out in the first place instead off refusing to talk to those protesting, with regards to the shooting of an individual. The riots would not have kicked off in the first place.

And if the Met had taken control of the situation, rather than standing back and allowing those to loot shops ransack and burn down homes etc, Then the riots would have spread across England.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
Off course they colluded in the riots in the UK. So they could find it more easier to erode more of the UK citizens democratic rights in the UK.

Colluded, with whom and how? Also, what rights are we losing, about to lose or have lost since? In fact, this Government seeks to remove an awful lot of legislation passed by the previous Giovernment, including the Anti-Terror laws passed by Bliar and chums. Not sure what you're alluding to hear, apart from parrotting the party line, as it where...

If the Police had sorted this situation out in the first place instead off refusing to talk to those protesting, with regards to the shooting of an individual. The riots would not have kicked off in the first place.

You will find the Police will refuse to talk to anybody about an ongoing investigation, especially in the case of a Police shooting where they defer to the IPCC. You wouldn't want them spouting off to everybody anytime anything happens, would you? Again, not sure what your point is here.

Besides, the riots kicked off not because of the shooting, as that demo was peaceful. It was an opportunistic thing led my idiots who saw there chance to "get one back" at the Fuzz.

And if the Met had taken control of the situation, rather than standing back and allowing those to loot shops ransack and burn down homes etc, Then the riots would have spread across England.

Hmm, quite a contradiction here, Laura. Your opening gambit was that these riots were perpetrated by a fifth column to erode our rights, but then claim the Police didn't act quick enough or forcefully enough (ie: suppress our "Democratic rights")... Which is it?

The Police got a hard time over the G20, so this time round they went softly and, again, got a hard time. With people like you raising contradictory points, it's pretty impossible to please as you yourself are not even sure what your on about.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

it's time for barack hussein obama to cash in his nobel peace prize.
and ows to support obama in the next presidential election.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie
They weren't just students...some were paramilitary troops under control of the Revolutionary Guard:

mob including members of the paramilitary basij brigades, under the control of Iran's Revolutionary Guards, surged through lines of riot police and broke into the embassy and a separate residential compound, the Qolhak Gardens, in northern Tehran, chanting "Death to England" in scenes reminiscent of the seizure of the US embassy in 1979.

emphasis mine

link: www.guardian.co.uk...

Does anyone know .....

were sock puppets and social media used to escalate this ?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Either way guys stop arguing about where it should be posted. I guess the key to the story is, you can feel it coming most of us have known for sometime. Its just so hard to teach the average guy on the street. Every time i try and teach people the truth ( as we sort of think it is ) people think you are a mad. I dont care, what they say i will keep on saying it so the average guy on the street until he wakes up. They want this war before the large Spirtual change of next year. As far as i can tell though alot of the bad guys have gone sent home. There are still alot here and alot of politicians are still puppets to the powers at be. You can see China and Russia gearing their pieces together. I hate to say it though, the same people are playing both sides in this. Just like the Rothchilds did it all those years ago with Napolean and England. The main point you have to ask yourself is which side they are going to back. I think you my be surprised easier to take down the US this way than china and russia. As the average US guy stands for democracy ( once again suppose democracy ) the average chinese guy still is use to be told what to do from the Gov etc. If i was any of you guys and it goes forward get prepared we need our thinking minds in the future. Get your water and MREs, knives, tents backs hell even a NBC suit if you can. This is half the reason why i am building this style company in Australia. I am finding all sorts of red tape at the moment its like they know its coming and dont want the people ready. I will continue to spread the word though as i hope you guys do as well. There is no use all of us just talking on ATS and likewise sites if we are not going to pass on the word like guys like David Icke and Foster Gamble. We already understand this story but we need to spread the word to the mainstream people even if they call us crazy its either that or WW3. WW3 will not be a simple war it will be the end of society as we know it. They cant make us fight so if no one goes to war on conscription and yes i am talking to all the NATO and Western nations along with Russia and chinese people than there will be no war to end wars. Even if they put you in jail. None of us hate each other we all know it is bull crap. We are all know we are one, and connected collectively. They want to devide and conquer us ( mankind ) Hate is not even a default emotion it is taught to us and manipulated to us. Have faith and love in your fellow mankind. Please spread the word to everyone you know in the mainstream world thats all we can do to start make people aware. We need to have hope we can overcome this. Together we can do this. I even try to talk like this to the mainstream media but do you think they will listen. We can do this though on here on FB on twitter on youtube. They cant stop the spread of the word of the people that quick.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FastJetPilot

Originally posted by MordyHaran
Good for the Iranians. The UN, UK, US, and everyone else needs to just back the f*** off of them. Have they hurt anyone, really? Have they launched an nuke? Have they done anything that EVERY other country in the world hasn't done at some point in time? The people are sick of having people meddle in their affairs.

All the other countries that are meddling in their affairs are falling apart themselves. Focus on your own yard before you nag your neighbor (or in the case of the US, the house across town) about cutting their grass. The majority of the rest of the worlds people don't care what happens in the Middle East. They're worried, as they should be, about whether or not they're going to have a job to go to in the next few months.

Whatever they want to do in Iran is the business of the people in Iran. If they want to build a nuke, fine. If they want the material for power, fine. We have no business interfering until one of a few things happen:

1. The people of Iran ASK for help.
2. They launch a nuke at someone who cannot fight back. And then only if we're ASKED to help.
3. They launch a nuke at us. Then we return fire and melt them all into glass, no big drawn out war... just a few good warheads on the people who actually launched the nuke or missiles or whatever else, not just random villages with civilians.

Just my $0.02.
edit on 30-11-2011 by MordyHaran because: re-wording something.

Ummm...unless im a little paranoid, iranian politicians shouting Death to Britain whilst developing Nukes is a slight concern.

I have no worries that my government would use our Nukes in an unsavoury way, because they dont wander the Houses of Parliament shouting death to iran and I think our military tradition means we wouldnt do an unnacceptable nuke launch on a whim, can you say the same for a state where it is acceptable to shout Death to Britain and it be ok.

NBHD

Oh and you think its OK to wait until they launch on.

OEA

edit on 30-11-2011 by FastJetPilot because: (no reason given)
just because they aren't shouting it through the houses of parliament. Doesn't mean they aren't thinking of the ideal of 'death to iran' with as much enthusiasm as those in Iran shouting death to Britain. Atleast these people state what they think/feel. Rather than deceptively withold it.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

The UK riots were real. Lots of # destroyed in real riots, set on fire, cops afraid to go near the scene, etc. You are afraid to be in a real riot because the violence can turn at anytime (I was in San Francisco during the first Gulf War riot). Someone with a broom handle taking 20 minutes to knock off a coat of arms is not a riot. This was staged, and people of course believe it.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
"Hague told Parliament the private quarters of staff and Britain's ambassador were trashed in the attack and that diplomats' personal possessions were stolen." www.huffingtonpost.com... . Hope they got some good intel for the huge blowback they are going to get.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
New protest at British compound in Tehran, says report

A new rally was to be held Thursday at a British diplomatic compound in Tehran, Mehr news agency reported, two days after it and another property housing the British embassy was stormed by Iranians.

A reporter for Mehr said "hundreds" of riot police had been deployed to the Qolhak Garden compound in the North of the capital ahead of the rally.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

The simple fact that the report into the riots, criticized the Met Police for not acting quickly enough and for standing back and allowing the Rioters to loot in London, lead to the spreading of the looting across England, the committee's preliminary findings into the riots not mines. So I stand corrected in what I stated.

And also the fact that the police lied in the first place with regards to the shooting of that individual, and then refusing too speak to the family of that individual, also added fuel to the riots. So put the blame where it lies.

edit on 2-12-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
With the UK retaliating against this attack on it Embassy in Iran, there has been speculation on Iranian TV, That the Iranian Embassy in London was attacked by mobs yesterday. Although the only person that was seen near the Embassy was a postman.

They are being booted out of the UK today at 2pm. Will be interesting to see what happens at the embassy.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join