It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding The History and Purpose of FOX News

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Biased thread.

Fox has issues. Sure. But to point them out while ignoring MSNBC, CNN, PBS, ABC, NBC, CBS. . . .

Is just another attack on conservatism dressed up as an indictment on a media outlet.

Boo. Then again, I didn't expect you folks to be. . . .

"Fair and Balanced"

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Ayn Rand.
en.wikipedia.org...
Atlas Shrug ballet.
www.thefinaledition.com...
How about Donal Trump selling 100 million dollar homes to Russian tycoons.

Orly Taitz queen birther.
en.wikipedia.org...

There are plenty more examples.

edit on 28-11-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Is just another attack on conservatism dressed up as an indictment on a media outlet.

REAL conservatives are rolling in their graves at the shenanigans of FOX 'News'.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It's become a well known fact that FOX is a sham and a puppet. My kids made me watch a movie, Idiocrisy, over the weekend. The movie was about a society that had become so dumbed down that they were pathetic and nothing more than Autobots.

The only news remaining in this post-apocolypic, environmentally devastated world was FOX. What does that tell ya?
edit on 11/28/2011 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
It's become a well known fact that FOX is a sham and a puppet. My kids made me watch a movie, Idiocrisy, over the weekend. The movie was about a society that had become so dumbed down that they were pathetic and nothing more than Autobots.

The only news remaining in this post-apocolypic, environmentally devastated world was FOX. What does that tell ya?

I can't wait for the reclining lazy boy/ pot then to reminisce of the days when baitin' applied to fishing and setting traps!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

that's greeaat!! I never knew Fox was banned in Canada! Coast to Coast AM can broadcast in Canada but Fox can't! LMAO

I did recently hear about a lawsuit that Fox had overturned ( link ) and that's because a judge ruled lying isn't against the law, it's just policy. Yeah, F Fox.

FOX appealed the case, and on February 14, 2003 the Florida Second District Court of Appeals unanimously overturned the settlement awarded to Akre. The Court held that Akre’s threat to report the station’s actions to the FCC did not deserve protection under Florida’s whistle blower statute, because Florida’s whistle blower law states that an employer must violate an adopted “law, rule, or regulation." In a stunningly narrow interpretation of FCC rules, the Florida Appeals court claimed that the FCC policy against falsification of the news does not rise to the level of a "law, rule, or regulation," it was simply a "policy." Therefore, it is up to the station whether or not it wants to report honestly.

Here some links about the Fox vs Canada thing if anyone want's details.
Fox News' Lies Keep Them Out of Canada

A Law Against Lying on the News

edit on 28-11-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hey now, none us ever said we are balanced or fair

Not that I'm defending these MSM outlets but they can broadcast in Canada,

CNN

MSNBC Canada

CBS

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I can't handle Fox News.

But MSNBC infuriates me just as much. I really think MSNBC is just as bad, or at least very close. They might not lie quite as blatantly, but they manage to hire the very best of manipulators and thought/word twisters.
Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews, Lawrence O'Donnel, Martin Bashir and Al Sharpton are all manipulative tricksters and can change every story to fit their agenda and if that channel was my primary news source/I was an American that didn't know better, I would be very quickly molded into the perfect pro-establishment neocon wolf in progressive sheep's clothing. The ONLY honest person on MSNBC is Dylan Rattigan, and though I'm more of a free-market-solutionist than a more more more more more regulations solutionist, I can respect the guy and I sometimes the show because he doesn't seem like a puppet to me, he believes what he says and isn't afraid to call corruption where he sees it from either party.

Anyway, that was a tangent ~ I despise Fox News and can't even handle having it on at all, as it takes about 2 minutes before I'm ready to bash my TV in, but don't discriminate based on parties, MSNBC is the Fox News of the left! (I would go so far as to say that Rachel Maddow is the Ann Coulter of the left, too.)

Just my 2c, sorry for rambling!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
So you can say Fox is Biased and lies.. okay thats 1

It is clear the other networks shill for liberals and scum alike.. 5-6 other networks?

Who has more propaganda? Seems you all have fallen for it.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoStarchild

Hey now, not all of us, many people in this thread already said the exact same thing you did. Did you read through the thread?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

yep. FOX "News" just makes crap up and says it is true.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Gotta tell ya that the tears of laughter were rolling down my face through the entire movie. If you can appreciate it for it's face value and not look at the message too closely, it's hysterical. Everything is owned by Gatorade ("because it's filled with electrolytes"), Starbux, Costco, Taco Bell and KFC and America is spelled Uhmerica. And the hookah pipes filled with who knows what - absolutely hysterical and again I say, Fox news seemed right at home in that atmosphere of stupidity.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by beezzer

Hey now, none us ever said we are balanced or fair

Not that I'm defending these MSM outlets but they can broadcast in Canada,

CNN

MSNBC Canada

CBS

An honest reply.
*cheers*

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Biased thread.

Fox has issues. Sure. But to point them out while ignoring MSNBC, CNN, PBS, ABC, NBC, CBS. . . .

"Fair and Balanced"

Nice try Beezer but you aren't gonna misdirect this thread. It's about time this was put out in simple terms. They are liars and too many honest folks have been led to believe things by Fox (like the media is liberal for one). It kills me to hear someone say things like. "God bless Glenn Beck for bringing us the truth" or "Well George Bush wasn't a republican". LOL. Now that's brainwashing. So go ahead show me one to one examples of Maddow lying against say O'Reilly lying. You won't be able to. The only reason you think you can is because you believe the hogwash Fox has been feeding you for years.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Biased thread.

"Fair and Balanced"

Biased post.
None of those other channels hold a candle to FOX.
It is completely dishonest to try and pretend that they are comparable. Are any of them completely trustworthy? No. Does one of them go above and beyond to blatantly lie more often than the others? Yes.

The proof would be the search function. There are several threads like this full of rock solid proof of the claim.
I see none such threads about those other channels.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I'm glad someone mentioned it - Sun Media is getting the full reigns to go to air with a blessing from our prime minister.. they are also known as "faux" news north.

Watch for it soon coming to a channel near you, Canadians.
Ezra Levant, anyone?

All liars.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

You just made my friends' list. S&F.

Yes, I know FOX "News" LIES.

No. I'm not surprised FOX "News" has the highest ratings of any "News" agency or organization (higher ratings than even their two closest competitors combined), considering who they pander their bombastic hokum to. Their target audience is Americans. America's national average IQ is 98. Legally impaired (aka legally retarded) is 70 and below. The genius range IQ is 140 and above. 70 or 140 .... Which one is 98 a lot closer to? This is why FOX "News" usually delivers their message at a fifth to eighth grade level.

FOX "News" is bombastic hokum.

Thank you Blackmarketeer for authoring this thread,
ILikeStars

edit on 28-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: add a word. "combined"

This is the kind of generalization that is infuriating. Everyone who watches Fox news must be too stupid to know better. That is typical liberal thought, unfortunately.

My husband and I watch Fox news, as do my parents and to be frank, most people I know. Perhaps Fox is popular because it mirrors American values better than the competition.

Both my husband and I have doctorate degrees. I am a member of Mensa. I am not saying this to brag, but to show that you are incorrect in your assumption that only those with low IQs could possibly buy into Fox's conservative thought.

I do not agree with you politically, but it does NOT make me mentally inferior. Your superior attitude toward anyone who disagrees with you is something you should try to overcome.

By the way, I don't think I'm superior to you...but neither should you continue to come across as feeling superior to everyone else.
edit on 29-11-2011 by GeorgiaGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

So a channel that goes to court and fights for the right to lie and call it "News." represents American values?
Can you expand on that?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I have to ask.
If they all lie and are all bad then why post in defense of any of them? Why not contribute? Start a corresponding thread on CNN or MSNBC. I would love to see a compilation of lies by Rachael Maddow that compares to anything on FOX. Do not take this as a challenge but I am curious.
I would think that if you were not a FOX viewer or fan then your response would be more like "Yeah, they are all bad, see my thread exposing the lies of X Network here....."
Instead it is defensive. Odd no?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join