It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we stop taking delight in the suffering of others please?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

What is that...a whole blank page of nothing...is that your trade mark or something?

Anyway...on topic...

Should suffering cease to be...then so would life...it is the way it has been and will be.

There is no easy out...as a deer dies in the mouth of a mountain lion....the deer does not scream of how it is unjust...and the lion does not claim victory...it just is...and so it will be with us.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
The servers might be in az but there are way too many american youth on this site .

i hate to think what saluting that flag and making that pledge every god damn day really does to them .

when you define the word 'fascist' it is someone who makes a pledge > its a pretty simple dictionary definition

no wonder then what mixed up views they can pick up . americans .

At the end of the day we are global citizenry, not any denomination , class or nation, bar the human race .

What is the definition of human ? ?> you will find it is one who posesses humanity , the humane

This has a lot to do with it. I would bet money on the fact the OP isn't American.

For most people outside of America the sort of violent and revolting rhetoric and neanderthal-ism that is so popular in America, is just foreign to them - pun intended.

I don't think many Americans realise just how foul some of their views are to people in 2011. It's surprising for both groups - the non-Americans who are shocked by the warmongery and blood lust, and the American neocons who are shocked by fundamental morality and human decency in non-Americans. It's hard for both sides to understood the others stark differences.

Even in a thread striving for peace and humanity, the Americans have come storming in generally being abusive and starting wars, as per usual.

They even lack the basic intelligence to comprehend the difference between wishing ill on innocent and decent people, and wishing ill on evil people who want to destroy the innocent and decent people. They cannot understand the difference!

Another thread ruined by violent and aggressive Americans. Lets just hope Ron Paul is elected so we no longer have to deal with these brutes.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a thread about feelings? How manly. Go watch a Clint Eastwood movie please.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
a thread about feelings? How manly. Go watch a Clint Eastwood movie please.

I don't think it is about feelings...maybe about humanism and sociology...but feelings no!

As coined by Frued...we live and die...and the space in between is life!

Imagine that!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
oh sorry I was under the assumption someone got their feelings hurt because people are mean to each other so he/she created a thread about it.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Its a moral war that we have to win : being our fifth estate , we are now the elite . The worst thing for warmongers is they never agree with themselves in a lasting way.
Knowing and agreeing what is (clearly) right and wrong however is the complete other side of the story , it serves us well through life and death . Resting in peace , etc But ,
Quickly they rush towards hell . Running out of time to be foolish .Thank God for the metasystem we do .

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

oh sorry I was under the assumption someone got their feelings hurt because people are mean to each other so he/she created a thread about it.

Well someone probably did get their feelings hurt...imagine a bomb dropping on your family...hurt feelings?

I think the OP was just looking for souls with a purpose...but I cant speak for that...as far as feelings getting hurt...well welcome to ATS!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Its a moral war that we have to win : being our fifth estate , we are now the elite . The worst thing for warmongers is they never agree with themselves in a lasting way.
Knowing and agreeing what is (clearly) right and wrong however is the complete other side of the story , it serves us well through life and death . Resting in peace , etc But ,
Quickly they rush towards hell . Running out of time to be foolish .Thank God for the metasystem we do .

All that stuff you just said really isnt important to warmongers because war is profit. money > morals.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

The servers might be in az but there are way too many american youth on this site .

i hate to think what saluting that flag and making that pledge every god damn day really does to them .

when you define the word 'fascist' it is someone who makes a pledge > its a pretty simple dictionary definition

no wonder then what mixed up views they can pick up . americans .

At the end of the day we are global citizenry, not any denomination , class or nation, bar the human race .

What is the definition of human ? ?> you will find it is one who posesses humanity , the humane

I am not a "global citizen."

I renounce that "citizenship", categorically and without reservation.

What kind of dictionary are you reading that defines "fascist" like that?

What good is a man who will pledge to nothing?

A man with NO loyalties or honor at all.

Less than human.

Many bankers are like that, but even THEY have loyalty to something.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
And we really dont even need to have bombs drop on us to understand what society is teaching us. profit has allways outweighed human life. Just look at all the crap on the market the fda allows in your stores that is bad for your health.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

I don't think many Americans realise just how foul some of their views are to people in 2011.

It's not that we don't realize it - it's that we don't care. If you can't handle opposing views and stand your ground defending you position, it may be time to find another position.

It's surprising for both groups - the non-Americans who are shocked by the warmongery and blood lust, and the American neocons who are shocked by fundamental morality and human decency in non-Americans. It's hard for both sides to understood the others stark differences.

"Fundamentalism", of any sort, is to be watched - closely. Also, consider that the imposition of YOUR "morality" on others is no less "brutish" than the imposition of theirs on YOU.

They even lack the basic intelligence to comprehend the difference between wishing ill on innocent and decent people, and wishing ill on evil people who want to destroy the innocent and decent people. They cannot understand the difference!

Au contraire - it may be that we are the only ones who CAN define the difference! Wishing ill on others is wishing ill on others. Bloodlust is bloodlust. Death and destruction are death and destruction. There are no "good wars" or "bad wars", there are only wars, the violent pursuit of an objective. People die, stuff gets blown up. If you would have an end to them, stop imposing on others to the point that they feel a need for defense or offense, as the case may be.

EVERY war is only "good" or "bad" depending on which side of the battlefield one stands. not according to any sort of objective criteria.

No sane person likes fighting - and taking his own chance on dying - on either side of a war, but he likes getting steamrolled a lot less, so he does what is needed.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Even in a thread striving for peace and humanity, the Americans have come storming in generally being abusive and starting wars, as per usual.

I can't blame you for your opinion of us NadaCambia - I see it through your eyes and it's hard to see anything else

but not all of us over here think every problem can be fixed with a bullet

there are more Americans for peace than you might think. Unfortunately - we're just not as loud

or aggressive

:-)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
If I run into a crowded theatre and yell fire... that's one thing.
If I run into a crowded ATS thread and yell nuke 'em... who cares?
People that say things like that are just trolling for your reaction.
They would be ringing your doorbell and running if they didn't have a keyboard.
The only thing to do is ignore them, continue on right thru them without a moments thought.
Then they are left sitting there waiting for the response that never comes.
If anything cooks their goose and makes then go play somewhere else, that'll be it.

Now, where were we?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes, and nuking all of those dictator's countries is the answer.
And I thought we lived in the 21st century, I might be wrong then.
War is not the answer for everything....Doesn't it sound strange?
War is not the answer for anything. War equals mass murdering of innocent people and people, even if blamed for crimes, should be taken to court, not blown up, people.
What happened to our humanity? No wonder so many people love animals and cherish them more than human beings, look at what sort of discussion we're having here. We shouldn't even be talking, thinking, argueing about war. War should not exist in the first place.
We are human beings and we are born to be free, not to kill others for pleasure. With freedom comes great responsibility.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

No. It doesn't have to be this way with us. We are not like animals and I don't mean it in a superior way. We have the ability to interact and affect our environment in a way animals can't. We socialize, build cities, roads, we study, we learn about the world more than any animal. We can learn and discover things about the universe no other animal can, so comparing us to that 'lion killing beer' story does not sound smart at all.
This is the same thing when I talk about God somewhere and someone replies 'oh, don't talk about religion, that's impolite', when I did not even mention religion. =]
Funny, isn't it?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

It's called freedom of speech. You can like it or not, but that's what it is.
Before the political correctness took over societies around the world, there was a thing called free speech. Free speech is guaranteed in the first ammendment of the constitution of the U.S.A It stated that you had the right to speak your mind (even if you were an idiot). It meant you had the right to not like someone because of their nationality, or race or religion. Like it OR NOT.

You either support free humanity or you don't. You put restrictions on people's speech...then you don't support freedom.

I know many of you politically correct, "liberal" types will have a problem with this, but it is true, and that's the way it is. LIKE IT OR NOT

What's with this "Like it or not" crap? Well, it's freedom, plain and simple.

I tried in this reply to post from the middle.....neutral, other than what is spoken in the COTUS. I don't care who you like or dislike, who you want to bomb, exterminate, jail, torture, etc......I just think it's your right to think what you think.

you'll either get it or you won't....like it or not.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

No because thats how the establishment wants it and the sheeple are easily brainwashed.

When our government went on a killing spree in Vietnam, they were "gooks and charlie".

The vermin in the Middle East are blood thirsty radicals.

Hell, even the OWS protesters are just disgusting, jobless, fascist scum.

Just last year, it was the Tea Party, they were right wing, racist extremists...

TPTB tell us its cool to hate and to take delight in suffering and death. Its how a collective "Christian nation" is supposed to think.
edit on 28-11-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I am so glad there is now a thread such as this. I have always tried to be an optimist... but seeing so much negativity generated in these threads, has caused me great sadness. It's time we realize that wars are waged by old-school thought, whether it's Americans or other leaders who cannot or will not take the time to actually talk long enough to come to a reasonable compromise.

My mother, with whom I rarely agreed, said two major things in her lifetime which impressed me. She said, "Wars are waged by old men engaged in a pissing contest. When they realize they can't piss as far or as strong as they used to, they send the young boys out to piss for them. There hasn't been a world leader is the past 150 years who was brave enough to lead his men into battle, so they sit behind their safe, pompous desks, and claim they're sad for the lives being lost." And her other truism was, "It makes no sense for any country to encourage its citizens to welcome too many immigrants, and encourage all of us to have more children than we can support - and then use a war to blow up the excess." My mother was not a great mother, but at least twice she made statements with which I can agree.

I am sad that all countries are flawed, in one way or another; some far more than the rest. I am sad that there is more failure to communicate, than there is time given to resolve our differences in a civilized manner. If the U.S. wants to be a good world leader, then we must set a good example by first, respecting each other - rebuilding our infrastructure, our schools; ensuring fairness in business practices, and extending equality to everyone, whether we are in agreement with their religion or their lifestyles, or not. We need to realize we cannot all be rich, and as the middle class falls away, philanthropy becomes less of an option to help the less fortunate. If the people of America don't stop hating and disrespecting each other over ridiculous differences, and change the failings of ours society and our leadership from negative to positive, our present path will lead to ruin, and we will all lose. Our ancestors, even with all their flaws, knew that in order to build and keep a great nation great, we had to work together and care for each other. Somewhere along the line of getting ahead, we seem to be saying, "Everyone for yourself," and that will not help us, or set a shining example of Democracy for others to follow. It will divide us, and we all can understand that a nation divided has no strength. Division is like a cancer that weakens and eventually destroys everything we hold dear, including our humanity.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

All that stuff you just said really isnt important to warmongers because war is profit. money > morals.

It is important > a person will NOT take their money or profits to the grave .
And when who you thought you trusted stabs you in the back > you will know whats been said about warmongers . They are their own worst enemies .

It IS important > a person WILL take their morals to the grave . Or their lack of them .

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OrwellWasAnOptimist

It's called freedom of speech. You can like it or not, but that's what it is. Before the political correctness took over societies around the world, there was a thing called free speech.

but, golly OWAO - the OP was just using his right to free speech to express how disgusted he is with some of the hate speech he hears here on the board

is he only supposed to say things you agree with?

:-)

nice try

and yes - we liberal, politically correct types are notoriously anti-free speech - good call

now, more on topic - how does the pervasive blood-lust speech contribute to intelligent, meaningful discussion?

and something I'm personally curious about - how does it fit with the T&C and consistent requests for our best behavior?

and how is discussing this ugliness and calling for better behavior from fellow members a rant? I've seen much rantier rants in the board business threads

this isn't a war-game in here - this is a forum after all

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join