It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there an atomic war roughly 10,000 years ago?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph0en1x

Something happened for sure,there's ruins of a great race that once lived here,what happened to them is any ones guess but history is not as we know it.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
It was a caveman rubbing two uranium ore rocks together to start a fire.
He got an unexpected BOOM!
Just kidding.

Curse you! Now there is soda all over my keyboard...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph0en1x

Indeed possible. But now we know of so much more advanced things, like graviton bombs, and virtual particle bombs, and gluon bombs, and this thing and that thing.

Yes they may have been advanced. But we are not more advanced than them if nuclear war is what ended them.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
that quote is not supported properly. you need to include the older stuff as well, which verifies, as far as i'm concerned, that it was not space debris. i'll explain:

here's a relevant quote
"Putting forth his prowess, Madhava hurled unto the sea the Daitya city called Saubha, (moving) in the skies, protected by Salwa, and regarded as impregnable. "

my comment: that's a city flying in the sky, that was hurled into the sea as a result of some aerial combat.
some said well that's just a meteor, okay since when are meteors called cities? you'd think they would know the difference between a meteor and a city.

furthermore,

"Naikartana, was now hurled at the Rakshasa. Beholding that excellent and blazing weapon capable of piercing the body of every foe, in the hands of the Suta's son, the Rakshasa began to fly away in fear assuming a body gigantic as the foot of the Vindhya mountains. Indeed, seeing that dart in Karna's hand, all creatures in the sky, O king, uttered loud cries. Fierce winds began to blow, and thunders with loud report began to fall on the earth. Destroying that blazing illusion of Ghatotkacha and piercing right through his breast that resplendent dart soared aloft in the night and entered a starry constellation in the firmament. "

translated that essentially says that a weapon called naikartana attacked the rakshasa. it was a blazing weapon, armor piercing. the rakshasa (the name of an aerial conveyance in the battle) tries to escape in flight growing in size (whatever that means). wind began to blow, thunders reported to earth (this sounds like a meteor impact but just wait a second, i think it's a lift off).. The weapon apparently was capable of destroying the illusion Ghatotkacha was using to cloak his ship, which the text describes as an invisibility shield of some kind. And THEN, the dart soared into the night sky. This is not describing a meteor crashing but a weapon launched at a ship which then upon piercing a hole threw the ship like some heat seeking missile, continues on into space.

now that's the stuff right there.

references

The Mahabharata: Drona Parva
SECTION CLXXIX
www.sacred-texts.com...

The Mahabharata, Book 7: Drona Parva
www.sacred-texts.com...
edit on 27-11-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Sigh...I was enjoying the thread, like many it seemed to good to be true and of course its turned out that way again.

There's something mystical about the notion of warring planets, Earth Vs them and amazing mass wipeout events but after reading the excellent inputs from various people it all boiled down to mucho C&P from site to site and lots of creative writing from those sort of sites...Rense anyone..

Oh well, maybe another time..

Interesting while it lasted...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Maybe an event like the one in the end of assassins creed revelations.... actually its exactly like that the description.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 27-11-2011 by spikearg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

Sigh...I was enjoying the thread, like many it seemed to good to be true and of course its turned out that way again.

There's something mystical about the notion of warring planets, Earth Vs them and amazing mass wipeout events but after reading the excellent inputs from various people it all boiled down to mucho C&P from site to site and lots of creative writing from those sort of sites...Rense anyone..

Oh well, maybe another time..

Interesting while it lasted...

shame on you. i quoted right from the mahabharata.
read it for yourself.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This IS a very intriguing subject. I was completely blown away by the whole premise in Battlestar Galactica of a previous civilization that was destroyed, The whole we are aliens idea is kind of a stretch but I don't think the idea of a previous Earth based advanced civilization is far fetched. Considering modern humans could be upwards of 150,000 years old, and our present technological civilization rose in about 5000 years, there is a lot of time for it to have happened more than once. I guess to answer that question, you would have to deduct what kind of "fingerprint" such a war would leave. If we use our own civilization as an example, if there were a moderate nuclear exchange tomorrow, say under 2000 warheads, what would we find in ten thousand years? Probably not much in the way of architecture. There would still be areas of radioactivity and areas where the ground was vitrified.If our ancestors, like us, liked to live on the coasts, the ruins of many of their cities would have been flooded out when the sea level rose at the end of the ice age. There might also be evidence of resource depletion and environmental damage that an advanced civilization would have probably created, ie strip mines, underground mines, areas where the biodiversity seems to have dropped in a way that a modern society would have created. I very much doubt our descendents of 10,000 years would remember anything about the present world. As for melted ground, I do remember reading somewhere about such a find, it may have been Chariots of the Gods of Timeless Earth by Peter Kolisimo. There would also probably be indicators in the human genome, perhaps of a massive die off at some point (I think they HAVE found evidence of this, but have attributed it to the Toba supervolcano eruption that occurred at roughly the same time). There might be some genetic mutations or damage in plants and animals that would all originate in the same timeline roughly, this could be extrapolated from genetic variation in present species. There could also be some intact technology in places, ie an ancient satellite in a very high orbit could have survived, or some hardened installation underground or on the sea bottom that was built to last. The Apollo landing sites will certainly be around in ten thousand years.
edit on 27-11-2011 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2011 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph0en1x

If you try to imagine an atomic war thousands of years ago and ask yourself what traces would remain today... Youd probably come to the conclusion that any civilizations in the area would have been wiped out with their records of the occurence. All that would be left are the ancient stories of it happening and maybe some charred earth and vitrified sands at the site, which do exist as evidence today. Ive actually done a little research on this befor and came up with the idea that; either some ancient people claimed to have the power of God on their side, which Im sure many have, and during a war era a comet or meteor struck the earth that was big enough to cause a massive explosion that killed the opposing people and gave credence to these people of God, or, ancient advanced societies on earth thousands of years ago with atomic weapons. Possibly originating from another planet or just an elite society from earth more advanced than we are today. Both would be possible and both would surely be forgotten given just a couple millenia with out printing presses or the internet to spread the word. Ever wonder if the world just goes on like it is now for a million or two years then theres a technology revolution around the time 99% of the earths population gets wiped out by a natural or man made disaster? Followed by about 100 million years of just thousands of people repopulating the planet and becoming civilized again. This could have happened several times in the 4.5 billion years earths been around... The mayans view of life cycles comes to mind.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

You are certainly correct in your analysis. It would be foolish to assume that intellegent beings have only been here on Earth for about 10,000 years or so. The Earth is 4.5 BILLION years old. Many incarnations of life could have risen and declined in that period of time.

My belief is that the Pyramids and Sphinx at Giza are in fact not Egyptian at all but a creation of the civilization preceeding humankind. The great Pyramid was an aiming device for a scalar weapon used to blow up the planet between Mars and Jupiter leaving the astroid belt with the resulting debris. This is all explained in The Cosmic War: Interplanetary Warfare, Modern Physics, and Ancient Texts, by Dr Joseph P Farrell, available here:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1322413549&sr=1-4#_

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
"There is nothing new under the sun."

GOD

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixDown
I think many civilizations have shown advancements that rival what we have today, but it seems to be mostly focused around aqueducts, plumbing and city layout/design. Medical advances appear to be attributed to herbal remedies but what about other signs of technology?

We've found, no matter how rare, extremely rare items from the skeletons of long ago dinosaurs to bracelets and cave drawings of ancient peoples. So where is the smoking gun of a radio or a factory with fragments of motherboards?

I'm certainly not doubting, but if two ancient Indian cultures vanished off the face of the earth by nuclear attack -- wouldn't there be hints of the materials used to build the reactors that were required or the planes that launched them?

What about the advances leading up to that point? Human curiosity is not unique to our generation for lack of a better term. Surely someone in one of these civilizations would have wondered what the moon is like and launched their own shuttles, or at the very least - satellites, to see what else is out there. So even if by chance no earthly record remains, something up there would.

I think this is a good point but when you look at Pumu Punku, the matrix's that tie two megalithic stones together seems to be some type of solid metal and that has completely deteriorated. Vanished, gone. If something like that, Here is a matrix in a rock:
www.world-mysteries.com...

It seems to be some type of metal, iron etc. So something so thin as a motherboard doesn't even come close to that thickness. Also it seems like Michael Tellenger talks about ancient megalithic stones could be so hand picked (why stones are so far from their original site?) Maybe an earlier civilization is so advanced that they are beyond even fiber optics. Maybe there conduit is sound? Certain megalithic stones have certain frequencies.

What David Adair mentions in his testimony of seeing a large biological engine 20 or so stories under area 51 is that the aliens could be robotic that fire the ignition of the engine in their brains utilizing Advanced Symbiotic. Technology. When you take a civilization maybe millions of years ahead of us. The use of wires, motherboards could be nano sized into megalithic stones? Like those tiny nano sized stones like surgeon Roger Leir takes out of abductees. You implant a nano sized stone (smaller than a tiny pebble into a stone, how would you find it? Especially when it seems like they can literally melt stones as in the case of this:
projectavalon.net...

That page has exhaustive material and posts:
criticalbelievers.proboards.com...

Gotta go read some more

edit on 26-11-2011 by PhoenixDown because: finished a thought!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph0en1x

HOW ABOUT THIS!

for an idea...

How about the idea that we have lived our lives many hundreds of thousands of years before even scientists think or believe or will allow you to believe and maybe, just maybe we blew ourselves up back then, wiping everything out, including all technologies and books, everything just ash. Move it on a couple of hundred thousands years and life redeems itself and humans begin there reign on the planet once more and now we question what happen before now?

Well maybe we will think ''this is how it came to an end'' to late BOOM! Back to square one.

...and on goes the new questions again.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

I think its very likely. Scientist think we as humans are at the pinicle of our power now, who's to say that all this hasn't happened before. Some say the worlds civilizations are only 8,000 years old. But many artifacts have been found over the years that point to a far distant super civilzation.

I have a theroy. Human civilizations have been on this world for many epoc's. We rise from the ashes of a previous civilization. Most of the technologies are destroyed, and the people are reduced to living in caves and becoming hunter gathers. There is an Ice age. All passed civilizations are scowered away when the glaciers melt, a few odd things survive. Human civilization starts over and after many thosands of years eather destroy themselves again and the process repeats itself.

Heres another thought, everyone thinks aliens were the ones which taught humans things, but what if there were no aliens. But a few time travelers from the distant past, Which learned the art of immortality along with there super sciences. A few stayed to look after the next human civilization to rise from the ashes. Some left in there ships, colonized other worlds. If it was me and I wanted a place that would be left untouched by the millium of time passing I would have built stuff on our moon. A warehouse of ancient knowlege, waiting in a vacume for the next group of humans to find. What better place to park a fleet of space ships than on a zero-g world. Mothballed sort of speaking just waiting to be found. They would last a very long time.

So the places in morroco in the sahara desert that are miles of glass, some would say a metor impact, me, I'm more along the line of remains of an ancient civilization that lost its fight with atomic weapons and was reduced to what we see now.

If you think the world is only 8,000 years old you must be stoned..
Its a very old place, too many things don't add up.
Also If I knew my civilization was going to be destroyed, I would build something big to last for the next humans up the line of time to hypothesize over...

Anything out therre now that big,..?

Also I don't believe the pyrimids are tombs..
More like free energy converters that tapped into the world grid of lay lines.
The ancients were alot smarter than we are..

tombs..what a laugh..

my 2 cents

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
From another thread, yesterday, I was reading about a 9,000 year old mummy. It was discussed because of the unusual skeletal features suggesting non-Native American although it was found in Nevada. However, as would be expected, it was dressed in primitive clothing, albeit the bead-work was impressive.

Last night, I read about how they found a cave full of fishing artifacts dating to 40,000 years ago. Besides lots of deep-sea fish bones (like Tuna) they also found the oldest known fishing hook (of bone, if I recall) with other primitive tools.

So, where are we supposed to fit in this high-tech-humanity with atomic weapons, flying saucers, and crystal-powered free energy?

Sorry for the interruption. Please continue.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph0en1x

more fuel for the fire

"History’s lost lesson: Ancient nuclear war among Indus Valley civilizations reexamined"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Yeah the way its written does sound like someone describing a nuke.
I like to imagine man has rose up technology speaking and then we deplete ourselves and return primitive and do the whole thing over.
We are planet hopers. We go to a planet take all its resources. By the time we killed the planet off we have technology to jump to another planet to restart with limited or no technology only to relearn over thousands of years.
My thoery.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph0en1x

Yes it certainly is a puzzle. There appears to be evidence to support the claims as the skeletons of some archaeological digs in (ancient) India have produced the most radioactive to this day on a par with Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

www.forbiddenknowledge... tv.com/videos/radiation-poisoning/forbidden-discoveries-ancient-atomic-blast--war.html

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyStupidity

Should have read that first. It kind of goes hand to hand.
this is not the 1st time we have hand technology.
We probably did thousands of years before written history because we would have to relearn everything.
Atlantis comes to mind.
they were a advanced civilization that might have wiped themselves out with atomic warfare. That could have caused a tsunami that killed them off.
Anyways....yeah its a thought. I'm happy someone brought this up
its one of my favorite topics

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Eye of Horus

Your analysis is right on.

Consider that the Greek Mythologies are NOT myths but real stories of mega personalities involved in an ancient Cosmic War.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join