It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there an atomic war roughly 10,000 years ago?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
A lot of things seem to point to something happening around 10-12000 years ago. If they were technological enough that would explain why we don't have more evidence it existing. Look at all the digital and plastic stuff we have now. Even look at our steel re-enforced structures. Also note our dependence on computer automated/robotic operated industries. If we were hit with an atomic apocalypse now or even 100 years from now, we would be up the creek without a paddle. Most, if not all, books would be digital. Engineers would rely on computers for 'simple' calculations needed to rebuild a society. Nothing we produce now is meant to last 1000 years. Super computers now design any thing considered high tech.

Now if we were hit with a nuclear apocalypse 65-100 years ago, when most things were done by a human hand, we would be better off. Our skilled laborers and engineers would have little trouble rebuilding our society. Everything was done by hand or a slide calculators. The skill trades was practiced by a broader number than they are now.

As we advance towards a digital and bio-friendly age, we are sealing our doom. If we suffer an apocalypse of great magnitude, we will almost never recover. We would be forced to relearn what our ancestors knew. The ones who retained that knowledge would be exploited or even blamed for what has happened. The ones who come into power, after the fact, would want to retain that power and crush any technology/idea that they saw as a threat.

On a brighter note - the multiple Eden effect would come into play. The weak genes would die off and the ones who prosper would be superior than we are now.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

The ruins of the ancient cities of Mohenjo-Daro and Harappa are extremely radioactive.

Does not prove anything

In India are extensive deposits of Monzarite, which contains large amounts of radioactive thorium

Fission weapons produce a specific set of radiaotive fission by products which can be distinguished from
natural

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Continuation of above (sorry hit wrong key...)

For example, the 134Cs/137Cs ratio provides an easy method of distinguishing between fallout from a bomb and the fission products from a power reactor. Almost no Cs-134 is formed by nuclear fission (because xenon-134 is stable). The 134Cs is formed by the neutron activation of the stable 133Cs which is formed by the decay of isotopes in the isobar (A = 133). so in a momentary criticality by the time that the neutron flux becomes zero too little time will have passed for any 133Cs to be present. While in a power reactor plenty of time exists for the decay of the isotopes in the isobar to form 133Cs, the 133Cs thus formed can then be activated to form 134Cs only if the time between the start and the end of the criticality is long.

According to Jiri Hala's textbook,[4] the radioactivity in the fission product mixture in an atom bomb is mostly caused by short-lived isotopes such as I-131 and Ba-140. After about four months Ce-141, Zr-95/Nb-95, and Sr-89 represent the largest share of radioactive material. After two to three years, Ce-144/Pr-144, Ru-106/Rh-106, and Promethium-147 are the bulk of the radioactivity. After a few years, the radiation is dominated by Strontium-90 and Caesium-137, whereas in the period between 10,000 and a million years it is Technetium-99 that dominates. .

Technetium-99 is produced by the nuclear fission of both uranium-235 and plutonium-239. It is therefore present in radioactive waste and in the nuclear fallout of fission bomb explosions. Its decay, measured in becquerels per amount of spent fuel, is dominant after about 104 to 106 years after the creation of the nuclear waste. From 1945 to 1994, an estimated 160 TBq (about 250 kg) of technetium-99 was released into the environment by atmospheric nuclear tests.[

The presence of Technetium-99 would indicate fission

Technetium-99 only occurs in nature a ratio of 1 nanogram ( 1 billion of gram) per kg of uranium ores

Produced by occasional spontaneous fission of uranium

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Good read,thanks OP.

I'll just say,
Whatever we can do,nature can do it better.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Eye of Horus

I think its very likely. Scientist think we as humans are at the pinicle of our power now, who's to say that all this hasn't happened before. Some say the worlds civilizations are only 8,000 years old. But many artifacts have been found over the years that point to a far distant super civilzation.

I agree, Eye. We have had threads like this on ATS before that suggest we've destroyed ourselves with technology one or more times before. I think it's true. I think we have nuked ourselves out of existence before. It's hardly a shocking notion, considering how careless we are with the technology of today and how freely those in power like to throw around threats of nuclear attacks. Same sh*t, different day, I'm sure. The way things are going, it looks like we're headed that direction once again.

Here's some interesting stuff:

www.philipcoppens.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

This is what I have come to believe happened also.
I mean if you look at today's world. Let's say there was a nuclear world war scenario (I'm sure there are many other scenarios that happened before). Everything was on computers in all the more advanced tech areas of the world that would have been the main targets were wiped out. Population reduced to around 2%. Most writings that survived were in (at that time called) "2nd world countries" so to speak. They looked at the ones that hoarded the technology before the war as "gods".
The rich that hid in "bunkers", in a space station or on the moon maybe to wait it all out, and the ones that lived in the far reaches were all that survived. Maybe the ones in space didn't survive. The so-called "cavemen" were actually the "2nd world country" people. Maybe today they are trying to use what worked with new ideas for world domination. Like another Atlantis the time before..Maybe things in the old scriptures were a warning of the past or the future, but eventually changed to seem like only a prophetic warning for the future... Maybe we came from Venus and Mars is next. Who knows..
Meh... just random thoughts difficult for me to cram into a reply all organized.
I don't believe in anything to do with what most view as Aliens. I think that is a misdirection.
But, I do believe history somewhat repeats itself eventually!
edit on 27-11-2011 by Corruptedstructure because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2011 by Corruptedstructure because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Sounds more like the impact of a meteorite/asteroid which could have more than likely left radioactive decay.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Great thread and certainly a lot of food for thought, If not the radiated places then the glass deserts. If you think that in 2000 years we came only as far as the industrial revolution and the steam hammer, then in the last 30/40 years we have moves at an alarming rate and like previous posters have written things are not made to last anymore so in a few thousand years there would be almost no trace of our techno race if any at all?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruptedstructure

The electromagnetic shock waves created by an atomic blast could certainly have rendered electronic gadgetry useless, but would still leave the materials in tact. The radioactive fallout would be the deadliest part of an atomic war which would most likely irradiate nearly every living organism on the planet.
edit on 27-11-2011 by evolv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jspencer98
reply to post by Ph0en1x

Good find! Most likely no, unless some kinda alien war

Why "most likely no?"

Why is it so hard to believe that we have had previous nuclear battles? There is already plenty of evidence out there to suggest humanity is much older than we have been led to believe. Why is it hard to accept that something has happened in the past to wipe out most of humanity, leaving us to have to start over again? This actually makes more sense to me than what's been shoved down our throats all our lives.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Did you purposely not put this in the Ancient Civilisations sub-forum for fear of getting shot down in flames?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash
Did you purposely not put this in the Ancient Civilisations sub-forum for fear of getting shot down in flames?

How would it make a difference? I don't see why you believe it would.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Lately I feel as though my insides are begging for the past to be fully understood.

I'm also inching closer to ETs of this Earth having been us, and continuing to be us perhaps in full. I do believe that there is life outside our solar system, somewhere in the Milky Way, but no doubt stretching from constellation to constellation, further than we can imagine. We live in a world where even if someone did come from the past or future, we'd throw them to the cooks, the crazies, hell that's what some of us are, right? Unless of course they had their starship keys on hand.

It's more of a mind-blowing thing for me to think that we've been this far or further once before, perhaps even several times before given the age of this blue pearl. Still, we live in a world where many Profs and Scientists alike attribute everything to us, as far as we can envision for the past 5-10,000 years. It's not only a form of ignorance but it's both a form of arrogance and fear reflected back at ourselves. It boggles my mind and angers me that not only do we not have it all right, but that it's hard to find out where we've gone wrong.
edit on 27/11/11 by murkraz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Yes it makes perfect sense that they had previously created electron microscopes and a standard model of nuclear interactions on an atomic level. Not to mention the the complex systems of calculus and architecture they must have had while living in stone / clay homes. Who would have guessed they had already discovered integrated circuitry while they hunted for food in their vehicles which surely had been developed if they had the ability to create atomic weaponry.

Who needs Archaeology right?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADMX101
Ever wonder if the world just goes on like it is now for a million or two years then theres a technology revolution around the time 99% of the earths population gets wiped out by a natural or man made disaster? Followed by about 100 million years of just thousands of people repopulating the planet and becoming civilized again. This could have happened several times in the 4.5 billion years earths been around...

Paleontology shows a continuous chain of hominids until Homo sapiens evolved in Africa 200,000 years ago. Molecular genetics confirms our common ancestor lived in Africa 200,000 years ago. This constrains the time we have to look for cyclic civilizations to only 200,000 years, not millions of years. Two hundred thousand is much easier to look into, and we have...

Archaeology: No evidence of human civilization before ca. 10,000 BC; no megaliths, strip mines, Mount Rushmores, nuclear waste dumps, etc. If we admit the pre-civilized cultures as civilizations, we can push the date back, but evolution of civilizational complexity is pretty continuous--there is no evidence of industrial civilizations before our own.

Ice cores: No evidence of a hydrocarbon economy before ours.

Writing: We have artifacts from every period of the human race, but no (proto-)writing before about 5000 BC--no writing in caves, no writing on statues, no writing on tools. When you consider the ubiquity of the written word, it seems unlikely that an advanced civilization would leave no trace of writing and not pass writing on to their successor civilization.

Conclusion: All of this hasn't happened before.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
most of this is complete BS...

read this:

rationalwiki.org...

also telling that the main proponent of this "theory" online is SELLING a book about it...

this thread is, indeed, an advertisement for that book...

very interesting...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by evolv

I meant Hiroshima style. Maybe technology wasn't allowed so spread out.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Consider for a moment Tektites and Libyan Desert Glass

They are found in areas that are now desert wastelands. Some scientists will claim that these vitrified pieces of sand were caused by meteorite impact... yet most scientists agree its still a mystery.

Why? Because there are documented meteorite strikes all over the deserts and you can even purchase pieces of these, but at those impact sites there are no tektites or glass... and at the sites where tektites and desert glass are found, there are no meteorite fragments found beside them..

Curious that...

Consider for a moment the Nevada desert... tektites and desert glass can be found... though a sign does say "Don't touch". Here there are also no meteorite fragments found, just the glass... what happened here? Well this is the Nevada test site... literally hundreds of atomic bombs tested. You can take a tour... the DOE runs the blue buses for groups... the area is not that 'hot' even though all those bombs were only dropped about 50 years ago

Yet a few miles away in the Arizona desert is a meteorite impact crater... a big one and you can buy fragments on site... yet no ONE PIECE of tektite or desert glass to be found

www.meteorcrater.com...

So where we have proven meteorites NO GLASS

And where we have desert wasteland and NO METEORITE traces... we find DESERT GLASS

Interesting coincidence yes?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

No, intergalactic aliens who were so advanced they had harnessed the energy/technology to travel through time and space. They could have fought nearly anywhere in the Universe but chose to come to an unfathomable tiny spec of dust suspended in a random region of space, where ancient civilizations fought these godlike creatures who then decided to use atomic weaponry to vaporize our primitive societies while leaving all the buildings completely in tact. Whats there not to understand!?!?!?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
also telling that the main proponent of this "theory" online is SELLING a book about it...

The site YOU linked to is asking for donations
Get over it even scientists publish and sell their work. Most scientific journals will run you around $30.00

Do you have ANY idea how little an author makes on a book? You first have to sell enough copies to pay for the first run and then you get a few percent royalties.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join