It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there an atomic war roughly 10,000 years ago?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+53 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I came upon this site: www.bibliotecapleyades.net... which has some very fascinating information:

Consider these verses from the ancient Mahabharata:

...(it was) a single projectile
Charged with all the power of the Universe.
An incandescent column of smoke and flame
As bright as the thousand suns
Rose in all its splendor...

..it was an unknown weapon,
An iron thunderbolt,
A gigantic messenger of death,
Which reduced to ashes
The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.

..The corpses were so burned
As to be unrecognizable.
The hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
And the birds turned white.

After a few hours
All foodstuffs were infected...
...to escape from this fire
The soldiers threw themselves in streams
To wash themselves and their equipment.

That sounds a lot like an atomic weapon. The author goes on to say that it might just be a poetic way to mention the ancient warfare. I am, however, very intrigued by this. I am not claiming that this is a proof of advanced civilization in ancient times or anything of that nature. I just wanted to get ATSers' opinion on what they think. It is curious to say the least.

edit on 26-11-2011 by Ph0en1x because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
this topic has ALWAYS intrigued me. I'm not necessarily saying this is the smoking gun, if you will, but it is interesting none the less.

I will be keeping an eye on this thread.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph0en1x

Good find! Most likely no, unless some kinda alien war

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Theres other references in that holy script about futuristic sounding lazer weapons. Apparently it outlines a great war the gods had on earth. Many people believe these are actual UFO battles that took place on earth.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Interesting topic OP, and I've recently seen on one of the more educational channels on tv, some information about this very idea. They seem to think that with all the evidence- ie, places with obvious radiation well above normal levels, like in Russia, and even a spot in New Mexico, as well as other places around the world...like Egypt, with desert regions of pure glass covered sands...that this indeed could be a possibility. Another fact is that they have been mining uranium for over 8 thousand years. This would indeed be a great topic to do further research on!

thanks for the food for thought OP.....star n flag for you!!

Peace!
SK
edit on 11/26/2011 by SweetKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph0en1x

yes. we won.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The detail and imagery is very interesting based on the timeline. Sounds like something out of a modern day nuclear attack. Hard to imagine this was just someone's imagination at work.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph0en1x

Not likely. The work that goes into and science to it all, its all but impossible. This could be caused by an impact of a meteor or comet perhaps. That is what some scientist have said happened in Sodom and Gorrorah.

edit on 26-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
S&F for a very interesting subject. Like Member Above - there is some evidence to suggest nuclear past wars.

However from reading the script that you present - I ask - was someone describing a dream or making a premonition for the future?

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
India has some very interesting sites

Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people.

Link

The ruins of the ancient cities of Mohenjo-Daro and Harappa are extremely radioactive.

It has been claimed that the skeletons, after thousands of years, are still among the most radioactive that have ever been found, on a par with those of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Link

Enjoy

edit on 26-11-2011 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Interesting read but what about a meteor? Could that explain the the heat and radiation?

Could a meteor or asteroid do the same thing? Could it carry enough radiation from the solar winds or something to make such high levels?

For this to be true would be one amazing story to see unfold, I would just like to rule out as many other possibilities as possible first

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I think it is weird that we can only go back a few centuries for accurate things that happened, but long before there is only really theories, why?
It's as if everything was going good and then, nothing. As if something catastrophic happened to the world to end it all.
For example, look what has been invented in just the last couple of hundred years, surely things were similar in past ages?
But why no definite proof on what happened in those days?
Just a thought.....

link   
reply to post by Ph0en1x

Somewhat Relevant:

Relevant:

Interesting & Relevant:

link   
reply to post by Ph0en1x

"...(it was) a single projectile

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
S&F for a very interesting subject. Like Member Above - there is some evidence to suggest nuclear past wars.

However from reading the script that you present - I ask - was someone describing a dream or making a premonition for the future?

As far as I know, this is part of a script from ancient Indian epic Mahabharata which describes a war between ancient Indian civilizations. From what I have read, this epic was based on actual events with earliest written record of ~400 BC.

Very fascinating.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

Very interesting. Thanks for the link. Looks like I have a lot of reading to do for the next few hours

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

It could very well be an asteroid/comet that was responsible for this. Unless there is an evidence against, this is the most plausible explanation for these observations.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
"Charged with all the power of the universe"
That line alone should make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. It's like deja vu all over again I guess.

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It was a caveman rubbing two uranium ore rocks together to start a fire.
He got an unexpected BOOM!
Just kidding.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join