Was there an atomic war roughly 10,000 years ago?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by evolv

Ahahah

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph0en1x

It could also and most likely be an asteriod strike as the outcome would be the same.

keep in mind that in order to reach an atomic age you'd first have to go through and industrial age and the amount of natural resources in the ground available to us at the start of our industrial age would indicate that there had been no prior industrial age. A hunter or farmer can't just decide to get up from sittng against a tree and build himself an ICBM or split an atom.
edit on 27-11-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChuckNasty
A lot of things seem to point to something happening around 10-12000 years ago. If they were technological enough that would explain why we don't have more evidence it existing. Look at all the digital and plastic stuff we have now. Even look at our steel re-enforced structures. Also note our dependence on computer automated/robotic operated industries. If we were hit with an atomic apocalypse now or even 100 years from now, we would be up the creek without a paddle. Most, if not all, books would be digital. Engineers would rely on computers for 'simple' calculations needed to rebuild a society. Nothing we produce now is meant to last 1000 years. Super computers now design any thing considered high tech.

Now if we were hit with a nuclear apocalypse 65-100 years ago, when most things were done by a human hand, we would be better off. Our skilled laborers and engineers would have little trouble rebuilding our society. Everything was done by hand or a slide calculators. The skill trades was practiced by a broader number than they are now.

As we advance towards a digital and bio-friendly age, we are sealing our doom. If we suffer an apocalypse of great magnitude, we will almost never recover. We would be forced to relearn what our ancestors knew. The ones who retained that knowledge would be exploited or even blamed for what has happened. The ones who come into power, after the fact, would want to retain that power and crush any technology/idea that they saw as a threat.

On a brighter note - the multiple Eden effect would come into play. The weak genes would die off and the ones who prosper would be superior than we are now.

this would make this question logical.. Theoretically, their could have been a time, where man kind was more advanced then us now.. There are stories of times where man, went against the gods, etc. etc. and we were beaten by the gods, etc. etc. and stripped of our technology, and forced to start over, and it is said the same thing will occur again.. Blah, blah, I still doubt these stories, but hey they are interesting, fiction...

Who knows, if we had a nuclear battle now, chances are our history 10 thousand years from now would not be found..

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

A website asking for donations is far different than a website selling a book which promises to tell you all sorts of secret stuff.

The fact that his book is full of BS also makes the cost, in fact any cost, ludicrous.

The fact that you've chosen to defend the book is also telling.

No better place online to advertise a book full of fantastic lies than ATS.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

People also spend $10.00 to watch a Sci Fi movie and debunkers like Phil Plait and Jim Oberg also sell books telling us their side of the story...

So get over it

The fact that you've chosen to defend the book is also telling.

Well just shows that you too are full of BS..

I don't even know of this book as I haven't looked at it yet, but I do defend anyone's right to publish in this country, no matter the content. I also find fictional books of interest and tend to decide on my own what is worth my time to buy and read, not because some obvious close minded foll is trying to tell me what HE considers BS

No better place online to advertise a book full of fantastic lies than ATS.

If you have such a poor opinion about the value of ATS what the {bleep} are you doing here?

Silly Lemming :shk:
edit on 27-11-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The 1908 explosion in Russia has theories.

The Tunguska event, or Tunguska blast or Tunguska explosion, was an enormously powerful explosion that occurred near the Podkamennaya Tunguska River in what is now Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia, at about 7:14 a.m. KRAT (0:14 UT) on June 30 [O.S. June 17], 1908.

The explosion is believed to have been caused by the air burst of a large meteoroid or comet fragment at an altitude of 5–10 kilometres (3–6 mi) above the Earth's surface. Different studies have yielded varying estimates of the object's size, with general agreement that it was a few tens of metres across.

Natural H-bomb

In 1989, Serge J.D. D'Alessio and Archie A. Harms suggested that some of the deuterium in a comet entering the Earth's atmosphere may have undergone a nuclear fusion reaction,[48][49] leaving a distinctive signature in the form of carbon-14. They concluded that any release of nuclear energy would have been almost negligible. Independently, in 1990, César Sirvent proposed that a deuterium comet, i.e., a comet with an anomalous high concentration of deuterium in its composition, could have exploded as a natural hydrogen bomb, generating most of the energy released. The sequence would be first a mechanical or kinetic explosion, triggering a thermonuclear reaction.[50] These proposals are inconsistent with our knowledge of the composition of comets and of the temperature and pressure conditions necessary for initiating a nuclear fusion reaction.[51] Studies have found the concentration of radioactive isotopes in the blast region to be inconsistent with those expected following a nuclear explosion, fusion or otherwise.

Edward Drobyshevski, has suggested that the event was caused by the explosion of the hydrogen-saturated part of the nucleus of a comet that struck the Earth's atmosphere, with most of the remaining comet nucleus surviving, and possibly continuing to orbit the sun. Natural Event?

Tunguska event

Crater From 1908 Russian Space Impact Found, Team Says

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph0en1x

Right. If this projectile that was charged with all the power in the universe detonated there wouldn't be an earth left, much less a solar system or the universe itself. There's alot of pretty powerful phenomenon out in the great void. Magnataurs and Quasars are just 2 of them and there are too many to count. With that much power you wouldn't just destroy this uniiverse you'd destroy the next 2 or 3 universes over.

It's more like there was a small asteroid that had uranium embedded within which does happen as stars go supernova and eject material and uranium is one of the elements created when a star goes supernova. Said asteroid could've been knocked out of the asteroid belt and sent on a collision course with earth. When asteroids hit the earth the ensuing explosion has the power of hundreds if not thousands of nuclear bombs and depending on the size of the asteroid could possibly crack the earths crust and spew magma out into space as the theory goes about a mars sized planet slamming into the earth when it was only 500 million years old in which the remains of said planet became the nickel/iron core presently residing within the earth.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

THE TUNGUSKA EXPLOSION

The first reports of a strange glow in the sky came from across Europe. Shortly after midnight on 1 July 1908, Londoners were intrigued to see a pink phosphorescent night sky over the capital. People who had retired awoke confused as the strange pink glow shone into their bedrooms. The same ruddy luminescence was reported over Belgium. The skies over Germany were curiously said to be bright green, while the heavens over Scotland were of an incredible intense whiteness which tricked the wildlife into believing it was dawn. Birdsong started and cocks crowed - at two o'clock in the morning. The skies over Moscow were so bright, photographs were taken of the streets without using a magnesium flash. A captain on a ship on the River Volga said he could see vessels on the river two miles away by the uncanny astral light.

www.qsl.net...

There were also rumors floating around that it was a test of a Tesla weapon

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by evolv
reply to post by NightGypsy

Yes it makes perfect sense that they had previously created electron microscopes and a standard model of nuclear interactions on an atomic level. Not to mention the the complex systems of calculus and architecture they must have had while living in stone / clay homes. Who would have guessed they had already discovered integrated circuitry while they hunted for food in their vehicles which surely had been developed if they had the ability to create atomic weaponry.

Who needs Archaeology right?

You're not wrong but I don't believe you're fully correct either.

We have to take into account the intensity of going back 10,000 years, then we have to take into the account of going back 50,000 years. Who's to say that there wasn't a different perceptual way of connecting things that made sense? It seems ludicrous but it's far from it when it comes to the sheer number of possibilities. So e=mc2? Could that not have been known before? Could there have been a better understanding of string theory or anti-matter? Possibly! Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. To that I say, we're here. We made it passed that ice age, we survived!

What was destroyed then? What was destroyed even further in the past!?

To look at it from a more aerial approach of thinking, places and things like the Great Pyramids, Teotihuacan, Machu Picchu, Nazca... designed to withstand time, and withstand they did. I like to look at the apocalypse theory in terms of us. If we were going to die out, and we knew it in advance, whether it would happen in say, 20-1000 years or whether we knew it would take us by surprise. We would probably leave behind as much as we could, and I'm not just talking about the seed vaults in Svalbard, I mean, we would definitely attempt to make large structures like the pyramids to rival the pyramids.

We'd probably want the future, on this planet or off, to be aware that the pyramids were apart of our ancient history, and not directly their history, unless we lived on, but even so, we'd probably try to rival the pyramids. Even when it comes down to it, what was left behind is by no means frail. Such sculpted relief and towering structures show us this. We would try to mimic or surpass this, and knowing us (as far as the ET mystery goes), we would most likely leave behind some sort of name or humanoid and mathematics as a form of signature more or less.

Sort of gets my mind active then in the sense of the structures we have here and how the same approach might have been taken. Still, in my mind I can't really accept the lack of signature and the mysterious qualities of all of these pyramids and strange things upon our planet. Is it wrong to feel cheated when looking at Google Earth and seeing population, farming and business overwhelming the pyramids in Giza, China, etc. Are they looking upon us and telling themselves? Well, that didn't work out as we had planned.

Too many stretches of short and long history have attempted to explain it all.

My island is a giant old rock, with some of the oldest rocks on Earth. Each coast, each jagged peninsula and structure of rock is very transformed, very dangerous and very old-looking. It bothers me that I can't see where this part of the puzzle once stood, and what apart of. I can only go back as far as pangea and other theories and artwork will allow. The island, Newfoundland I am talking about, was by our human records at least, discovered in the 11th century by a Viking named Leif Eriksson.

Then it was "officially" discovered in 1497 by a Italian explorer, Giovanni Caboto. While most of the island is old rock covered in moss and frail trees, there's an essence of a lack of discovery on the island, though there are traces of the Martime, Mikmaq and Beothuk people here. As a child I thought that the whole world was mapped out and discovered almost completely, nowadays I look back. Back at how limited my view was because of the school I was at and the people who taught. They gave me my knowledge, and so did TV in a nut-shell. I broke from the bounds a few years ago, and since education has taken a thrilling turn, instead of feeling so forced and systematic.

Clearly it's in us, as a people to reach a point of spear-heads and stone/copper tools. To develop things like hair combs, art, things that survive by intention, others by mistake. Still, even these semi-recent people, it's hard to find many traces. To survive in the day, to sleep at night. To marvel at the sky, something unhindered by street light and pollution. It must have looked better than any IMAX theatre today. I'm envious of some of this.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I come here because it's a good way to kill time. That doesn't mean that I have to think people that lie to sell books deserve my respect.

I think, my opinion is, that people that prey on the weak and lazy are kinda scummy and extremely cynical.

He has the right to sell lies, up to a point, but it's pretty despicable.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph0en1x

I honestly can not find another logical explanation for this. It really did happen, but it's hard for people to wrap their heads around the concept of something of this magnitude. That is why the UFO phenomena spiked after we dropped the bomb on Japan. Alien war, whomever faction won it was near by enough "mars" or "earth moon or phobos or europa" in our solar system detected it's signature. An alarm went off and we invited them back here.

Just my 2 cents

Casing our Nukes and disabling them even. Connect the dots and it becomes clear. It is real whether you know it or not. Question is what was the war over? Was it over us?

edit on 27-11-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school. ~Albert Einstein

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Great thread , OP . S+F.

Just to add to the debate .
What if there was an ancient war between alien species and what if our decendants were the survivors of that war ?
Why does modern man not resemble ancient man ?
Why are there vast variations of humans on this planet , ie White Europeans , Africans , Asians , Australian aboriginals , etc ?
What if this is the reason we are still fighting each other till this day ?

What if we REALLY are the ALIENS ?

edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph0en1x

To be brief, yes, I believe that is exactly what happened in our past and was most likely not the only other time, either. I would point you to read the Book of Genesis starting at chapter 19 where it talks about the destruction of the city of Gomorrah. We have had very advanced civilizations in our past, but most of these civilizations remnants have been destroyed by the cycles of the Earth. However, it does not destroy everything. There is much more evidence of this through not only in ancient texts, but physical evidence exists from these civilizations as well. One of these destructions from the cycles of the Earth is also described in Genesis chapter 6 with the story of the flood. I don't have time to go in to a lot of detail right now, I'll try to add more to this later.

Good thread OP
edit on 27-11-2011 by Merlin Lawndart because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The OP is not true:

"Thirty seven bodies total were found, they were in different places in the city and based distribution in the stratum in relation to the buildings different groups of bodies came from different time periods. Mohenjo-daro had three major periods, early, intermediate and late. Some groups of bodies were clearly early period and some clearly late, a period of a thousand or more years. Another key point is that the bodies actually showed clear signs of burial. The most infamous group of bodies, as highlighted from the quote above, that were found laying in the middle of the street was actually caused by the fact that the bodies were buried during the later period when the existing buildings had been built over earlier periods. The bodies were buried above a road from a period hundreds of years earlier."

Lot's more thorough debunking here:

www.penn.museum...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Everyone always says "History repeats itself". Of course, if a civilization existed even something like 1,000 years before man re-came to this Earth we would probably never have any evidence of it. The planet Earth has obivously been around a lot longer than mankind, probably even longer than we have fossils of. Just look how quickly Homo sapiens advanced when they got their hands on technology, electricity, power. It didn't take us very long to achieve the atomic bomb. So, who is to say that previous lifetimes didn't have something of atomic power? Although it is highly unlikely, I'm sure you could ask people "Do you think the world could end via atomic bomb?" and not everyone would shoot down the idea, as that is a real possibility (technically). So, if history repeats itself and we are destined for the end of man by atomic power, perhaps the same thing happened to the previous race of beings on this planet. Ultimately, these are just ideas and we will probably never know any time soon, if at all.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
According to the Indians,the Aryan race had a nuclear war thousands of years ago which ended very badly for everyone and it could also explain the craters in Scandinavia which have a lot of radiation.

Maybe, except for the fact that Aryans never went anywhere near Scandinavia. They shared a common ancestor with the Northern Indo-Europeans who infiltrated Europe, but by no means could their history have been conflated with events that allegedly occurred in Scandinavia. The pre-IE Scandinavian culture is lost, and the IE Scandinavian culture evolved independently of the Indo-Iranian culture.

And since no one has managed to reconstruct a word for "nuclear bomb" or "uranium enrichment" in proto-Indo-Aryan (or any other PIE language before the modern era), I think it's safe to say they didn't now what one was.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

I think you are right on the money, that is why these being from the sky look like us and depicted by all ancient man on cave walls and artifacts is because they are us. No coincidence in the grand scheme of the universe. Be it via Intelligent design, question is what were we created for? A social integration of species in some ongoing project? As we are a work in progress now, if you look at the hybridization that is suppose to be taking place within the abduction phenomena you might get a better idea of how. I think i know or have a good idea why these star people "the indigenous called them" how they do it. Question is what is the main goal? What is the purpose? It is in our nature to loathe our own species if different "race" or color .. some seemingly primal urge.As a Caucasian i think the species were originated from really was the most hostile and brutal toward other species. History can verify that. Perhaps stored memory embedded in our genetics recognizes a enemy from past. I think once these facilitators, creators, star people upgrade us here and there over time to the tipping point where we recognize us all as one maybe then we will be invited in to their corner. What i learned from talking to abductees and contactees is they were often told by these beings was that "we sill soon all be together" seems to be the message. Kind of cryptic in a way. Sounds good. Maybe not.

edit to add : race is a funny word we are all suppose to be human race yet we still use this word?

Origins Unknown
edit on 27-11-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This is a great thread and has some interesting theories.

I realize these alien/advanced human civilization theories are being taken from text, BUT, language in incredibly difficult to translate. There's different interpretations, and even varying specific wordings in the Bible, and that is only about 2000 years old. It'd be wrong to read some of these things and assume aliens or even a super advanced human society. It's a possibility, we should continue research, but we should not assume. That is what science is supposed to be about, anyway.

There are some posts in this that went almost ignored in this debate. One of them was the post about a natural nuclear reactor being found in Africa. Nature is capable of incredible things, and we are still learning new things every day - if nature can do that, who knows what else it can do we don't know about. Another post shows no record of evidence of hydrocarbons in the atmosphere - that likely means no industry. It's possible that we could have advanced without industry in that way, unfortunately the ONLY example we have is how we live now. However, I still find all this debate to be really interesting.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65
Why does modern man not resemble ancient man ?

We don't?

Why are there vast variations of humans on this planet , ie White Europeans , Africans , Asians , Australian aboriginals , etc ?

Evolution. Paler peoples survive better in the Northern climes because they can convert more sunlight into vitamin D. Darker people survive better closer to the equator because they need more melanin to protect them from the sun. This becomes less important once you invent clothing and find a dietary source of vitamin D. Everything else is a matter of migrating populations, genetic drift, sexual selection, etc.

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join