It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: U.S. carrier sent to Syrian coast as tensions flare

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Who are you to decide who is tyrant and who is not ? t

Me personally?
Well, I judge people / nations / institutions or whatever by the morals and standards I set myself.
If that's not to your liking, well, that can't really be helped can it, I certainly won't loose any sleep over what you think, as long as I am true to myself I can't really do any more than that.

However, I do think that Saddam Hussein was pretty much judged on his own actions and the fact that the vast majority of Iraqi's supported Allied intervention and celebrated his defeat was testament to that.

I notice that you conveniently ignore the part where I said we screwed up by ignoring Iraqi wishes by overstaying our welcoming and trying to impose 'our' beliefs on them.

Oh, and by the way - notice the inverted commas around the word our as in 'our' beliefs as I personally believe Western democracy is a joke and a farce, but I recognise I'm probably in the minority thinking that and that is a discussion for another thread methinks.

Who are you to decide what is democracy and what is not ?

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave earlier.

All world is screaming to you " just mind your own business"

How old are you as you seem incredibly immature and naive?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by P12SOLD

The American military is a joke who have they fought in the last twenty years!!

Afghanistan come of it country that has no professional army to speak of prior to 2003---Iraq a great military accomplishment what a joke that is their entire military defected and never fought.

The last two Major wars American fought prior to that were in Vietnam and Korea and we all now what happened there!!

Americans, are clueless as to how to fight a real war against a real foe, and any war between Russia and the United States, is war that has the potential to end the lives of all of us .

Every armed conflict that the US military has been in since WW2 has been a political war and the military's hands have been tied,

If a US carrier were to be sunk, we would break those ties and wreak havoc on the enemy who did it. The military is getting very tired of the kid gloves and holding back.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by rexusdiablos

Originally posted by xavi1000
Who are you to decide who is tyrant and who is not ? Who are you to decide what is democracy and what is not ? All world is screaming to you " just mind your own business"

Who are you to make that argument? Shouldnt you mind your own business as well?

btw - it works in both directions.
edit on 24-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Both directions ?

Serbia ,Iraq, Libya (and many more) didnt attack US or UK ! US or UK bomb them like there is no tommorow

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

You are that clever and wise that you fail to realise that I'm not American.

Did you actually read what I wrote or just what you THINK I wrote?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by SLAYER69

Why do you feel the need to be condescending and bullying towards anyone that disagrees with you? Its easy enough to make a point with reasoned answers without resorting to this kind of tactic

Let him do it, it only exposes himself as an idiotic, flag waving, keyboard warrior.

You know theyve lost the argument when they pull the "we saved your ass" line and everyone laughs out loud at that one.

His juvenile tactics are transparent, tired and sad. He's not convincing anybody of sound mind.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Both directions ?

Serbia ,Iraq, Libya (and many more) didnt attack US or UK ! US or UK bomb them like there is no tommorow

You failed to comprehend the point.

You stated the US should mind our own business. Im stating that the logic you used is ironic in the sense you are putting your nose into something where it doesnt belong.

If we are to mind our own business, then shouldnt you?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Its very easy to talk about who is tyrant and who is not from your comforty of your home ..and i'm old enough dont worry about that ..i have "smelled" depleted uranium .Bombing nations is not a video game mate.

Depleted Uranium Radiation resulting from NATO Bombings in Serbia : High Incidence of Cancer
www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I will mind my own business when US empire fails and stop to pretend world policeman.
edit on 24-11-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by icepack

America isn't dumb.

No, no. America couldn't possibly be dumb. America is the name given to a large portion of land jutting from the surface of the Earth's ocean. The politicians who live in the US however are F***ING MORONS! Like school children fighting on the play ground. What the hell is wrong with politicians and military leaders who can declare wars and send a human to end another persons life? These people are sick.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I read somewhere once that Ahmadinejad's religious belief's include an 11th or 12th Iman showing up to cleanse the earth but this Iman will not show up unless there is a world catastrafic event.He also implyed he would do anything to create this event if it did not manifest on its own.(go to Ahmadinejad religious belief's).

Point is maybe Ahmadinejad may be smarter then the world thinks.Have Syria create a situation that brings the two super powers to war and create the catastrafic event for him.

In my opinion this is not about Israel or nuke weapon's,it never has been,its about Ahmadinejad and his religious belief's.One man with a vision and a country to help pull it off. So far there is not a world leader that has questioned this and is not falling in place just like the war mongering puppets humans have always been.

It could be just that simple.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

You are that clever and wise that you fail to realise that I'm not American.

Did you actually read what I wrote or just what you THINK I wrote?

Try making an educated leap in applying my post to any non-American upholding the misguided view that the solution to America's foreign policy isn't "clear cut". If you think it isn't, try tuning into Ron Paul's model of interventionism. It's not that complex a leap. Anymore straws you'd desperately like to clutch?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hey everybody, it's obvious hat P12Sold is an anti-Western world troll, that is just trying to destroy morale here on ATS. don't feed him/her/them, Personally I am just going to ignore his posts, I know that we have the capability and will to carry this as far as we need to.

I just hope that the USS BUSH wasn't just put out there as bait to try to have us drawn to a direct war with Russia. We would destroy them, but at what loss of life?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think I know exactly what's going on. Have a listen if you want to broaden your sight. To put it simply the main conflict is arising from the competition between China and U.S. In the last ten years or so, China decided to hit U.S. with their own weapon: capitalism. Right now, the biggest capitalist nation on earth is China.

In an economy based on competition one side always looses while the other side wins. Believing in its technology, US's been selfishly supporting an economy based on wild capitalism for a hundred years thinking they'll always be on the winning side. But the tides turned and China discovered their manufacturing power. Today, it looks like China will be always on the winning side and the rest of the world will keep loosing if this system goes on. This is the reason Europe and US are facing all those economic troubles and it will only get worse.

Now, how to stop China? You can't openly nuke them and cause them to loose some of their human resources. But you can control the energy they need for manufacturing: that's middle east. This is plan A. Control oil resources and force China to slow down their agenda to take over the world by producing cheap goods. If plan A fails, plan B is simply start WWIII and use WMDs.

However, there's a 3rd option and it is the hard way. US will acknowledge that heating up a wildly competitive economy was a big mistake, they'll apologize from the people of the world and this system will be replaced with an economy based on camaraderie. World's resources will be shared within the nations equally.

I cannot stress this enoguh. In an economy based on competition one side will always loose and the loosing side will nuke the other. There are homeless people and there are jobless people who can build homes. The elite are standing in between by holding the resources that people can use to build homes for each other for free. Money is their tool to make us slaves. By keeping some people jobless, they make us work for them at cheaper rates because we can be replaced with others at any time.

I say let's loose money and give everyone a job and be free people doing things for each other for free. Let's not be paid slaves of the elite and avoid the WWIII heading towards us rapidly.
edit on 24-11-2011 by letsfaceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
In other words, sinking a US carrier would be the worst thing they could possibly do. The US military without a leash or gloves, something not seen since World War 2, would be by far the most lethal fighting force on earth.

And it will never be seen again due to the nuclear deterrent. Russia is not fanatical enough to sink one of our carriers and the US is not silly enough to respond unchecked if they did; they know that the war would escalate into an all out nuclear conflict.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I like turtles.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

The stage is being set for a major conflict in the region, one that would provide a massive stimulus to the US/EU economies, but will NATO call Russia's bluff or will Russia back Syria and Iran militarily, leading to a wider war that could spiral out of control?

news.yahoo.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24/11/11 by MikeboydUS because: url

Russia will be bought off in some way - no way will Medvedev ruin his nation for Iranian muscle flexing. My bet is they get Ukraine (in some manner/control), it's always been the bit of the old empire they wanted back in the fold. Anyways, the Russians will be in a win win situation either way, their wealth is based on the price of a barrel of oil, when the bombs start dropping on Syria and Iran they will be laughing all the way to the bank while the West wastes more resources and gets tied down further in the Middle East

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Is anyone really too surprised by this news? The American government has all but admitted they want to conquer an a$$ load of countries in the Middle East/North Africa. Syria is just another step towards it.
If anyone doubts it, give this is look:

Conquering The Middle East

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I say we make a bet on who's next. After Syria would are the U.S. going. This is interesting though, I bet problems been there for years.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by USAisdevil
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

as if I care...

The ends justify the means. Russia is the means to a global slavonic rule command.

Like the Slavonic tribes have ever ruled well? Every government the Slavonic tribes have attempted have self-imploded, usually due to greed, with the possible exception of the rule of the Tzars.

Oh, wait, they weren't Slavonic, they were of European ancestry.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You crack me up!

You accuse me of clutching at straws?

You clearly thought I was American and then rather lamely tried to imply something else.

And you've offered nothing of substance at all to counter anything I stated in my post....pretty lame really.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join