It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: U.S. carrier sent to Syrian coast as tensions flare

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

I give you a star because you have good taste in music & the Anjuna Beats Logo

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRedfield

Originally posted by moondoggy2
Is anyone really too surprised by this news? The American government has all but admitted they want to conquer an a$$ load of countries in the Middle East/North Africa. Syria is just another step towards it.
If anyone doubts it, give this is look:

Conquering The Middle East

Star for you!

I don't think they (USA) had planned for any real resistance though. I also find it funny that the first 6 or so pages of this thread are people boasting about how awesome the US military is, and how they could crush anything that could get in their way. I know it's not intentional, but you guys sound VERY Nazi war-machine like, and we all know how technologically inferior countries banded together to take that down.

People don't mind strong countries who don't boast and really help out, but when all you do is talk about how awesome you are and how you could beat up anybody, you look like a tool.

Its not really boasting, its simply replying to the idiots who think the US military is a some kind of a joke because of its operations "not wars" in places like afghanistan, in all recent wars the US military has had its arms tied and legs tied, with the exceptions of no head butting or elbows,

What people are trying to point out is, should another major war kick of of the likes of WWII you will see just what it is capable of, the US military is a conventional army, Russia & China are they would get picked apart by the US until its allies rode in to finish the job,

Anyway back on topic

Syria, well lets be honest here, it needs sorting out, and nobody is offering, the people much like Libya are being shot daily by there own government, if the Arab League request a no fly zone there will be a no fly zone, simple

And if Iran & Russia would like to stir up the pot so to speak by supplying arms to the syria government to kill its own people which they no dubt already are doing then thats very anti helpful isn't it, its almost saying here go ahead kill you're own people

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Originally posted by TheMindWar
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Have they entered Syrian territorial waters, if so I believe thats an act of war.

I am sure if they had, Syria and probably the Russians would be making all kinds of noise about it.

Keep in mind, a carrier strike group doesn't need to be that close to a coast to engage.

attacking syria would be like russia attacking portugal. the u.s. wouldn't stand by and let it happan. they'd look like the biggest wimps.

it is a slap in the face of russia and a declaration of war against them, china and iran. i guess obama want's to start world war 3 to win re-election.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

If we credited the original inventors of the idea, then technically all jet aircraft are French and all tanks are British.

Just to throw a spanner in the works with all this chest thumping, I think you'll find that the Abrams, for example, is largely foreign designed. The Armour is British "Chobham" (and not as good as the "Dorchester" we have on the Chally - in fact the only Chally lost in combat ever was to another Chally...), the optics are British and the Gun is German (although the original rifled Gun was also British)..

Just to add food for thought, the F-22 has significant amounts of "foreign tech" too, such as a radar detection system made by BAe.

Not trying to "piss on your parade" though, just pointing out that the US isn't the pinnacle of awesomness. Like most allies, significant amounts of joint development and tech transfer takes place between the US and other nations, such as the UK and Germany. Likewise with some of our "best" systems. Each major nation in NATO seems to be good in specific fields and the others help them out in the fields they are not. Tank and Sub design is Britains forte, the Germans do good tanks and guns too, the Yanks do some awesome aircraft and seem to dominate the missile field, the French, well, they good at being French...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

They also do an exquisite bordeaux!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
The Russians and Chinese have been several steps ahead of the USA, in many of its foreign objectives. Especially in that region.

... and yet, the Middle East and North Africa where Russia (was Soviets) and more recently the Chinese have sought to develop and reassert influence shows a remarkable shunning of autocracy and a move towards freer society. China and Russia who are autocratic and are more likely to support repressive regimes and see their customer base shrinking.

I would say the liberal Western democracies and the US are winning and pushing back the autocrats. What China and Russia fear is that the demands for a freer society will spread to infect them.

Regards

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

my daddy is gonna punch your daddy in the nose! lets just hope there is someone involved who has got brains bigger than his ego. With the amount of countries joining the list of "involved parties", if there is an action, it should be swift and precise, otherwise, a fumble can cost millions of lives.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
Yeah your right because they plan to use their aircraft on the carrier to land at the runways and pick up 1 passenger at a time in their jets...

If they were planning on using US assets to "rescue" people, they wouldn't send an aircraft carrier...they'd send crew boats.

ETA: This aircraft carrier is being sent their to enforce a NO FLY ZONE. How can people be so blind to this fact

When the UK evacuated their peeps out of Libya, we used ASW Frigates and an assault ship. An Aircraft carrier would be even better, as you can use the helicopters on board and hold alot of people on the ship, after all, they squeezed 300 people at a time on the RN Frigates, plus the crew of 160 odd.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

If we credited the original inventors of the idea, then technically all jet aircraft are French and all tanks are British.

Just to throw a spanner in the works with all this chest thumping, I think you'll find that the Abrams, for example, is largely foreign designed. The Armour is British "Chobham" (and not as good as the "Dorchester" we have on the Chally - in fact the only Chally lost in combat ever was to another Chally...), the optics are British and the Gun is German (although the original rifled Gun was also British)..

Just to add food for thought, the F-22 has significant amounts of "foreign tech" too, such as a radar detection system made by BAe.

Not trying to "piss on your parade" though, just pointing out that the US isn't the pinnacle of awesomness. Like most allies, significant amounts of joint development and tech transfer takes place between the US and other nations, such as the UK and Germany. Likewise with some of our "best" systems. Each major nation in NATO seems to be good in specific fields and the others help them out in the fields they are not. Tank and Sub design is Britains forte, the Germans do good tanks and guns too, the Yanks do some awesome aircraft and seem to dominate the missile field, the French, well, they good at being French...

Alot of the US hardware is of allied tech/design

Just not Chinese or Russian, those are the guys who endlessly copy the technology or back engineer it if you like,

Which is why they only release 20 yr old technology for them to copy while having countered there own technoilogy, its about staying 3 steps in head and not showing your enemies you hand, so all those kicking around the idea china or russia will pull out some nice toys in a WWIII 3 scenario will have quite a shock when the allies are actually attack or some one is stupid enough to declare such a war

China & Russia know this which is why they say nothing when the west goes in to sort out yet another troubled middle eastern nation,

Oh and the Challenger 2 main battle tank is far better then the abrams,

It even has some harry potter invisibility type technology now days, nice one harry potter thanks for the cloak

edit on 24-11-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Amidst calls for all US citizens to leave Syria, the USS George H.W. Bush has arrived off the coast of Syria in clear defiance of Russian warships sent to help deter NATO from any action in Syria.

You are jumping to conclusions based on dubious news reports. This all kicked off with the dodgy report from the Syrian News Agency of Russian warships heading for Syrian waters. The facts are quite different. Even Debka after studying the situation played down the warship claims. The Russian warships are a figment of an over active imagination.

The only Russian warship that was in the Mediterranean was the Smetlivy and that was exercising with NATO assets.

rusnavy.com...

See posts covering

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Next month will see the routine deployment of the Russian aircraft carrier Kuznetsov to the Mediterranean. The deployment has been planned since September.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is a classic case of over reaction to dubious and inaccurate news stories.

The inaccurate reporting is already getting out of hand. This Cypriot news agency already has the Russian aircraft carrier off Malta heading for Cyprus!

famagusta-gazette.com...

People need to take in the facts rather than just accepting dubious claims of Russian warships in or off Syrian territorial waters. Such a deployment is not going to go unnoticed and especially from the Black Sea Fleet through the Turkish straits. The same goes for deployments through the Suez Canal.
edit on 24-11-2011 by tommyjo because: spelling

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
A delayed double post Hmmm
edit on 24-11-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Hate to break it to ya buddy but all of those manuals can be found online as well.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Happy thanksgiving, and here's to hoping you're right.

Cheers!

*burp*

Sometime we'll need to take a closer look at these liberated nations, but not here and now.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Its amazing how fast these threads develop, I started reading 30 minutes ago and just got to the end. Some pretty interesting post covered twice:

Just because the carrier is there doesnt mean war, see evacualtion and no fly zone. Agree, too many conclusions, carrier group in the Med doesnt mean war.

Next we had the old Russia vs. USA numbnut from Russia wishing for chemical warfare so they could run the world based on methane.

And my favourite was how America was a weaning military machine and how Afghanistan and Iraq were failures and I wanted to say I applaud the comment of these being political wars where the militaries hands were tied.

Rumsfield tried to do Iraq on the cheap, they tried to use marines to do an army job, they tried to use Special Forces to do a regular job in irregular warfare, and it wasnt a war, it was regime change where the enemy faded but the US had to stay behind, put them in a conventional war where they attack you and you will see how quickly the Apache Hellfire combo would wipe out anything in the open.

I also would applaud the comment who mentioned that the recent global military activity with America and the Allies has a global supply chain unmatched. I read of the evacuation in Africa done by the marines, I think it was an SAS guy who ended up evacuated with the British Embassy from that diamond state who was writing how he defended the uk embassy (i forget) he said they all evacuated to this US aircraft carrier, all the Brits Expats and the Americans and probably europeans too and they all had their own suites onboard the carrier and it was like a luxuary cruise ship! They are designed for this kind of mission, but he also mentioned the US supply chain, oil tankers/fuel tankers, supplies, a logistic expertise as good if not better than many commercial ones, in any time at any place America can fight a war and probably be more supplied than the nation they are fighting. Look at Libya too, UK and French jets attacking Libya, UK flying from Italy, bases all over the world, Russia couldnt support Syria, they can barely support themselves, how would they fuel their tanks, where would they fly their aircraft from? They have one way in and out whereas Allies have access from all sides.

But, just sabre rattling and a good old read! America doesnt need to invade Syria because the Arab league has turned on them, the people have turned on them, already many military are turning, it will be just like Libya and the US wont fly jets there, it will be the Arabs or the Europeans.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Personally i don't think anyone has the balls to start WWIII because the losers will be wiped out and forgotten or demonized for future generations to hate and ostracise.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Who named Navy’s newest aircraft carrier George H.W. Bush ?

If you had a pit bull, which name is scarier:

Daisy Marie

OR

George Bush

You know which one will attack at any second...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Personally i don't think anyone has the balls to start WWIII because the losers will be wiped out and forgotten or demonized for future generations to hate and ostracise.

Germany came out pretty good after WWII

All they did was blame it on a particular political party...and demonize that party which evaporated.

Same thing will be done by the loser of WWIII

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I have read a few posts on this warmonger thread, and once again, I am not surprised at the moronic opinions, and brainwashed Americans, rambling on about how great our Armed forces are and how we can revitalize our economy, and conquor the world if we mobilize our great military strength.. I say STFU, and read what kinda BS your writing..

First of all WAR is unpredictable... Its chaos you morons, and no matter how smart you think you are, you cannot claim victory without battles...

In addition with the implementation of Nuclear weapons, it does not really matter how much technology you have...

As far as this whole Syria, theater it looks like the Military brass, wants to get us involved in, this is going to be a mistake. Yet you see, the Elite, are searching for ways to try to fix the economic system they have established, so they can remain in power, thin out the population on Earth, to balance this screwed up system we live.. If their is no population control soon, or distract us with wars to protect our err there freedom, then their system will break.. The economy the World economy is just not going to fix itself at this juncture, its not rocket science either folks.. I heard something funny today on the nightly news, that I am sure allot of people did not catch. I think it was on NBC, the top story was the economy, etc. etc. and how the unemployment claims or number of unemployment was at the lowest in months or not years etc. etc.

Yet further in the news, we get reports of food banks feeding the needy and homeless and reports from the food bank volenteers saying they are feeding thousands more people then last year..

yet according to the unemployment numbers things according to the economists things are suppose to be improving. I was astonished that the MSM slipped up on this one..

edit on 24-11-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Areyoupeopleinsane

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Germany came out pretty good after WWII

All they did was blame it on a particular political party...and demonize that party which evaporated.

Same thing will be done by the loser of WWIII

Not really. Different time and countries were much more isolated. The average German had hardly any access to other media outlets like we have today a world war would be a hard sell for any leader in today world. Things can escelate but i doubt we will see anything on that level again.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Just want to make a quick comment. I've said this several times before.

When looking at the strength of the Combined US Military assets one must take two things into consideration. First it's not just the US your going to have to deal with. EU, UK, AU and most of the economically secure middle east.

Second and most importantly you have to realize that the best equipment in the would means nothing without the skills and experience to use it. Which the has been doing for the last ten years. Fighting in major conflicts around the globe has turned our military forces into the most experienced, professional fighting force in the world.

Just my two cents

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join