It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Black Friday

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

I don't see anything that says they plan to harrass shoppers, if they want to protest outside of stores or stand around talking to people about shopping locally, what's wrong with that? Encouraging people to support their local small businesses is evil now too?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I presume they will use their Ipods, after getting a cup of coffee from Starbucks, and putting on their designer jeans, prior to going to protest. Of course, they will text using their local cell company, and then drive in their fossil fuel car to the protest. Then afterwards, they will go to Applebee's to talk about their success; and maybe stop off and drink a few Buds to toast their success against Corporate America. For the few that have jobs, they will then go to support "The man" back at the place that cuts their pay check. All in all, a good days work!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
People have been occupying retailers on Black Friday for years. Why is this any different?

/TOA

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You got that right. Still not seeing anything there stating they are going to harrass shoppers. You show me some truthful reports of it happening after the fact and I will join you in calling those particular protesters or particular person an idiot, as long as we can bash the typically irrational mentality of big retail shoppers on black friday. Date?
edit on 23-11-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Does this happen often around here? I was thinking the same thing. The connection doesn't seem to make sense.

Unless it was motivated by spite.
Disappointing

edit on 23-11-2011 by schitzengigz because: ?

link   
reply to post by Kali74

Because corporations employ people as do small business. Shop where ever you want I don't care. But to dictate where you think other people should shop is the contradictory.

link   

Originally posted by Kali74

I don't see anything that says they plan to harrass shoppers, if they want to protest outside of stores or stand around talking to people about shopping locally, what's wrong with that? Encouraging people to support their local small businesses is evil now too?

No, that would be fine to protest nearby. However, how do they plan on hurting these businesses economically unless they keep people from shopping? Standing there chanting and holding signs will do nothing to stop money from changing hands, right?

link   
Better hope word of this doesn't get out to the Children in the USA.

You'll have mobs of angry children showing up ready to beat down the occupiers.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Dictate? I'm confused on the perception of detractors here. Is this a tiny movement of dirty hippies and lazy entitled college kids or is it a menacing rioting mob capable of overthrowing the government after a pit stop at the nearest walmart to drag shoppers to mom and pop?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Never know til you try.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Oh I already know. It will look something like this.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
For those who may actually go shopping on that day, could we have an occupy the showers day for the occupiers before they occupy the stores?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You can see into the future?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Ok...Im shopping at Wal-Mart with my family...You get in my way and tell me to go shop elsewhere because Wal-Mart is an evil corporation..

Thats when I tell you to mind your own business... You get mad and start making defamatory remarks to me in front of my family and children...

You can guess what happens after that.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Kali74

Ok...Im shopping at Wal-Mart with my family...You get in my way and tell me to go shop elsewhere because Wal-Mart is an evil corporation..

Thats when I tell you to mind your own business... You get mad and start making defamatory remarks to me in front of my family and children...

You can guess what happens after that.

Are you always so physically reactionary? Have you thought about becoming a cop, the PD's are probably looking to replace all the cops placed on administrative leave for beating/pepper-spraying peaceful protesters.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I know in Canada some people do cross border Black Friday shopping. My message to them is , DONT GO. The USA has screwed up their own economics, Canadian retailers need You. NOT WORTH THE TRIP.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by seabag

You can see into the future?

No but a look back at how well OWS has conducted itself throughout the country for the past 2 months will give a good indication of what to expect Friday. Why would they change tactics now?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Exactly! Everyone hates Walmart, but heck, they seem pretty busy when I go there. I shop where I get the best deals. If it happens to be Walmart for the time being, so be it. Great feel good theory to boycott "evil corporations" but when push comes to shove (no pun intended) it's amazing how people make decisions that are beneficial to themselves.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Visions brought to you via Alex Jones or some other such nonsense, right comrade? Er, wrong crowd...I meant right dude?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Wow just wow

actually nobody said OWS would harass shoppers

But immediatly people react like a bunch of angry bees....

Deny Ignorance, seriously .?

im amazed how people react stupidly on ATS

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join