It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is a God

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bismarket

You muscling in mate?
All religs are bollacks
Its all control tosh
Fodder blind mind stuff

Until we get folk to forget religion then folk in the masses will be controlled and abused!!!!

Religion is a mere tool and a blindfolding manipulative shackle which deprives the human mind and spirit of both freedom and truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only when we rid ourselves of the BS will man and woman (for you S) be able to fully realise their potential and freedom!!

Anti-crutch to ALL!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bismarket
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

Well said, If both sides would at least be civil to each other, i think we could all find out more of each POV. As soon as either side feels it has to start with the insults, it's pretty much lost that argument. I forget who said it but the old quote - " I disagree with everything you say but, will defend to the death your right to say it". Most people [Christians included] i feel would broadly support. The Fundamentalist Muslims however can't agree because their "Old book" wont let them. Christianity has come a long way since the middle ages.Personally i wish it had come further & the recent trend of Literalism (Noahs Ark/Garden of Eden/Creation) has done your religion NO favours. Until quite recently most mainstream christians had no problem with Evolution (Catholics etc') & most people, in europe in Europe at least consider it a proven FACT. When science has more of the answers figured out, where will that leave the Fundies?

Thanks. I totally agree... it has come a long way, but it needs to come further along. Each point of view is so important to total understanding. But yeah... insults and petty arguments just get in the way of the answers. No one has to agree with anyone else but an open mind goes a long way.

I don't actually claim to have any specific religion. I prefer to take a look at all religions. Not to suit me or what I believe mind you, I just like to look at the similarities and differences... maybe learn something new. I believe in God, I believe in energy, karma, science....

When science has more answers figured out, the "fundies" will find a way around it I am sure.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

It is an amazing universe...and vast. We aren't remotely close to being ready to understand what we are...what a soul is...the nature of God...There are so many questions, this should be your first clue that we don't have it all figured out. Don't drink the koolaid. 20th century scientist haven't worked it all out. Believe me when I say that I'd wish I had it all figured out, but I don't. None of us do. Its entirely possible that God is watching over thousands of civilizations throughout the universe.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

I agree to an extent. I do not subscribe to organized religion of any flavor. However, I am an strong independent thinker who is comfortable enough in myself to seek on my own. Many millions of people have had religion pounded into them from an early age. To let go of that belief system which was burned into them by their friends and family over the years is nearly impossible. The guilt associated with such a move would be psychologically crippling.

Also, there are many millions of others whom are just in need of something like religion because it spells it out to them. It makes it easy, it says, "here is the roadmap to salvation". It is structured, it has rules, and it gives directions. Not to mention, their is a 'family' atmosphere and support structure as well. It makes it easy for them not to think or to seek...that is the current nature of man. We prefer to be spoonfed and to follow directions.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

Yes, I have had my fair share of doubts. I am an level headed human who prides myself on my ability to think for myself. I had to tear away everything I was told by my parents so that I could find my own truths. This isn't some fairy tale that I was told to believe as a child and so I blindly follow.

"Seek and you shall find"

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CerBeRus666

Carry the bible around? Did you not read the OP? I am not the one to place my faith in a book written by men two thousand years ago. My faith does not rest in the hands of men. The bible has been influenced by too many corrupt men with an agenda. I believe it to be a good book, but I believe it to be incomplete.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

OP. What I have come to believe, is that we are all connected. And what many in the world term as "God", is really nothing more than what Carl Jung called the "collective consciousness". The difference is, the CC is not sentient. It has no awareness of itself. It is only we who mistakenly think it is an entity, or "God".

An interesting thread by Noreaster to read: The truth concerning what humans worship as God

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear lambs to lions,

For all of you out there that have chosen to ignore God and have chosen a path of self-indulgence...I warn you, there is a God and He is watching you. I say this because there have been a few very clear moments in my life that gave me undeniable proof that something or someone was listening and responding to me.

A fellow Christian here. Fear may be the first thing we feel when we meet God; but, it should never be why we follow him. We should follow him because we believe in his way, that is why we have free will, it must be us and not him. We must agree with him, have it come from the heart not because of the law.

I don't want you to feel bad and this is an attack. All things in love, that is what Jesus told us. Not fear, not anything other than love. God describes love, it is always patient among other things. Please don't tell people what to fear, tell them of God's love and acceptance. Peace and be well.
edit on 22-11-2011 by AQuestion because: wrong words
.. As a Christian Am I... as U say... I Am
... Do U believe that every word in the
... Printed with ink... In the books made from dead trees of the past
(Enoch Clue Key... To As Above ^: Bible
)
... And paid for with the god of currency

... Visual word for word... to be the...
TYPE-O---Real-God-voice...-To-human-brain...-To-3rd-density-reality-of-$-$-$--->

... And did Jesus(aka?) believe it to be also as Below...

COME ALL YE FAITHFUL & WELCOME TO A NEW RV BIBLE SHOW

THEMED

CAN U BELIEVE ANTI-CAPITALISM i$ IN THE BIBLE???

YE-ALL... Bible ThumpErr$... Roman$ 13:1er$... GOT UFO...

1: Proverbs 23:4; Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint.

2: Timothy 6:17; Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.

--->The Timothy Rant;
As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain people not to teach false doctrines any longer or to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. Such things promote controversial speculations rather than advancing God’s work—which is by faith.The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. Some have departed from these and have turned to meaningless talk.They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.

May peace be with U... the greatest treasure in the quantum string universe...
& Happy Holy Days...

edit on 22-11-2011 by CosmicWaterGate because: Battery went dead... Needed to plug back into reality...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
We would all be closer to the truth if we were to continue to combine spirituality and science;

The universe is believed to have sprung into existence from a singularity. The singularity expanded to become the universe, so everything still remains a part of that singularity. With this interpretation the paradoxes of non-locality and faster-than-light communication become meaningless because everything is connected and everything is one – a scientific concept that is by no means new to spirituality.

What existed before the universe began, and what, if anything, will exist after the universe ends?

Scientists believe that our universe exists within a metaverse. The metaverse is timeless and eternal because it is an absolute void and totally unmanifest. Kabbalah has a term that exactly corresponds to the metaverse: "Ain" is the infinite nothingness; the void; non-existence; the eternal empty background; the zero.

The universe is widely believed by scientists to have originated from a singularity, a single point that contains the infinite potential of the universe. Once again Kabbalah has an equivalent term: "Ain Soph" is the limitless (potential); the absolute source of creation; the one. The Hindu term "Brahman" has the same meaning: God unmanifest; the transcendent reality that is the source of all being in this universe; the singularity from which "all that is" originated, including space and time.

Our universe has been compared to foam floating on a sea of zero-point energy – an energy so enormous that many physicists ignore it and leave it out of their equations. Zero-point energy is believed to exist at every point in the universe, even in empty space, yet is currently undetectable because it seems to lie just beyond our reality.

No prizes for guessing that Kabbalah also has a term to describe it: "Ain Soph Aur" is the infinite light; the infinite energy that manifests our universe.

The ancient terms directly correspond to those used in modern physics, so there is science catching up with spiritual knowledge.

Our numerous lives are journeys of self discovery in God’s cosmic game.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DogsNGods

Scientists believe that our universe exists within a metaverse.
Anyone interested in doing further study on this topic should go to en.wikipedia.org...

Here is another place where the same sort of idea is being discussed: zero point field

edit on 22-11-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I don't have all the answers, nor do I pretend to, but I know that there is a Creator.

You KNOW there is a creator?? How???

Who created the creator?? You cant create something from nothing....as you all say

I KNOW there is NO creator....how do i know....evolution, science

I would seriously think about posting such nonsense on a creationsist site rather than a conspiracy one. At least there you will have other illogical thinkers to feed your ego :p

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

...as you continue to define your beliefs based on a science that is only beginning to find itself.

Like I said before, not everything is black and white. There is a lot we don't understand. Evolution may just be a mechanism of our creation. Think outside the box, the concepts surrounding a Creater are beyond our current realm of understanding. Quit thinking of God as some Zeus in the sky sitting on a throne. This is something other than that childish representation of God. I'm speaking of an intelligent force that exists on higher level than us. You must first understand that you can't possibly understand...understand?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Feed my ego? Why are you so angry? Thanks for the solid contribution to this thread. Maybe YOU should consider posting your well thought out, informative opinions on some other site.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

I completely agree with the way you approach this subject. There is a lot we don't understand, arguing about it doesn't get us any closer to figuring anything out. I do believe it is our responsibility to seek out understanding, but I know that personally I have so many questions...with few answers.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I just saw a billboard that was signed "God"
So I know for a fact that God does exist.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Maybe you're not asking the right questions.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929
If you really believe in God, just follow Jesus and be loving to everyone...God and Jesus never said "Post a thread to ATS and force people to convert". God said to love people and to show them charity and kindness.... Your preaching does none of that and makes people more irritated with Christians.

The OP clearly said religion is a tool of the devil and there you go mixing Jesus and Christians with God.

Ok, people.

1 - Jesus is not god. He is as much the son of god than everyone here.
2 - Believing in God doesn't have make you a religious person.
3 - Faith is not a religion.
4 - Religion is a control tool.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
I KNOW there is NO creator....how do i know....evolution, science

Like those ideas and theories don't evolve or change, we don't know s*^% lol
edit on 22-11-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It is quite interesting to note questions non believers ask.

Since when do non believers seek God? They don't.....right? Do they? It doesn't seem like it for when one seeks an answer it is found, especially after the question has been exhausted within finding the answer.

If a person truly seeks God and asks questions as a true seeker would, God would most definitely reveal himself to that individual. It seems to me there is so many excuses as to why one should not believe and when you really get down to it....in my opinion, a non seeker will never find God and when their days are over on the Earth I wonder if God will turn his back on the non believer as they did their entire life on Earth.

Seek and ye shall find proof....don't seek and you will not find proof. Common sense 101.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Exactly.

And some might say that religion hinders the search for truth...because it feeds you all the 'answers'.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join