It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Dozens of U.S. spies captured in Lebanon and Iran

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Does Iran waterboard?

I sure as hell hope so. If not I'll be starting a fund to send them 5 gal buckets, a rag, and some water. I think I'll only have to raise about 25 bucks.

Edit to add:
I'm not for water boarding personally, but I'm all for tasting your own medicine!
edit on 21-11-2011 by The_Zomar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
I've got nothing to say other than...

WATERBOARD THEM BABY!

I want them lying in naked piles on top of each other, just like US troops dream about at night.

..But seriously, I hope they get continuously water-boarded for years.

You're a nice chap aren't you? They'd have been begging for a water-boarding. They were lifted months ago and for their sake I hope that they're all long dead.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

I've got nothing to say other than...

WATERBOARD THEM BABY!

Why would you come here and make such an ignorant statement?

First - they got caught because of spilled information and/or poor handling. The only reason any of these people are alive is because of their value in prisoner exchanges. They have no information to give - any they did pertained to informant networks that were already compromised.

The ones that weren't have already been disposed of.

You don't waterboard people who don't have useful information. It's a waste of time. There is also a strategy to it. Little pieces make up the puzzle - you have to have some of the puzzle put together to be able to get some pieces of it to make sense. In short - you're not going to get large pieces of information out of coercion. You have to have enough of the puzzle to know what pieces you need and whether or not what you are being given belongs to the puzzle (IE - they are not just telling you something so you'll leave them alone).

Espionage agents are not going to have huge amounts of info that these organizations are going to want. Thus - interrogation is not necessary. High-profile individuals can be publicly executed after being forced to sign a statement (or otherwise publicly humiliated for media effect). High-value individuals will be kept for trades. The rest put in rape chambers (if female) or killed in whatever way amuses the captors.

I want them lying in naked piles on top of each other, just like US troops dream about at night.

Hmm... I dunno - I'm a Sailor, so I can't comment on what our troops dream about at night - but it tends to vary from night to night. Sometimes I'm desperately trying to patch a damaged relationship with someone, other times I'm chilling with my deceased parents (in a more normal fashion... I had a very weird dream not long after my dad passed away that has always left me with a sense of whiskey tango foxtrot) - occasionally a dream focusing around sex with a female (usually when the mechanisms have had plenty of time to stock up) - but homo-erotica and/or orgies have never been involved.

..But seriously, I hope they get continuously water-boarded for years.

Why?

Have the people captured ever water-boarded or directly contributed to the water-boarding of another individual?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Wow, reading some of these posts make me speechless.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Billmeister

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed I hope these spies get the book thrown at them. A lifetime of hard labor sounds fair for me. Imagine if some Iranian spies got caught on American soil, Washington would declare war LOL.

I disagree with this stance. I am more of the mindset that soldiers should not be punished for carrying out orders.

If any punishment is deserved, it should be applied to those responsible for giving the orders.

That said, if we are to take example from every other spy-capture incident, this will most likely lead to prisoner/spy swaps than anything else. Remember, the international intelligence gathering game is played by all sides, and it really is seen as a game by those placing the pons across the board.

the Billmeister

I think that if you are dumb enough to risk your life for corporate elitists, you should be accountable for any order that you follow. A soldier will not hesitate to take lives, innocent or not. So i don't believe they should be treated otherwise by their enemy. Point.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bigwig22

I think that if you are dumb enough to risk your life for corporate elitists, you should be accountable for any order that you follow.

You think? You mean, you feel.

If you really did think about this, please share your reasoning.

How are "corporate elitists" involved?

What work were these individuals doing that supported these corporate elitists?

A soldier will not hesitate to take lives, innocent or not. So i don't believe they should be treated otherwise by their enemy. Point.

... Really?

I don't recall that being part of my training (Maritime Expeditionary Security)... there was something about a Use of Force Continuum... some rather strict guidelines on when lethal force was authorized... and a lot of time spent beating into our heads measures to prevent shooting the wrong people (such as innocent people, team members, etc)..... that sort of stuff...

But, I mean... if I can just Rambo that #.... I'll let my chain of command know that they can ditch the training money for ammo - our M4s have full-auto capability and need all the lead they can throw (The Navy gets its own trigger-group).

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
our government openly admits spys are caught. that makes no sense at all. something is very fishy about this scenario.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

the spy game is ruthless. a buddy of mine worked with a spy in iraq while he was stationed there.he even had tea with the man. turned out later the man was a double agent giving away his unit's positions so weapons could be transported to insurgents.that man ended up getting shot...can only imagine what hezzbollah or the iranians will do...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Maybe Iran doesn't get a lot of support from arab countries because iranians are persians not arabs.
Iran isn't even in the Arab League.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
The report explains that they are scrambling. This must be very embarrassing. I hope these spies get the book thrown at them. A lifetime of hard labor sounds fair for me.

How incredibly naive you are; these assets are going to be killed, and not pleasantly.

I can't imagine being a spy. I have a hard time telling my wife her ass doesn't look fat in her jeans (actually it doesn't, that was just a metaphor), there is no way I could lie for a living. It would have to be terribly nerve-wracking to be a deep cover agent, your life depending on how good a liar you are. I'd be a dead man in minutes; if not from being discovered, from a heart attack.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Does Iran waterboard?

I sure as hell hope so. If not I'll be starting a fund to send them 5 gal buckets, a rag, and some water. I think I'll only have to raise about 25 bucks.

Edit to add:
I'm not for water boarding personally, but I'm all for tasting your own medicine!
edit on 21-11-2011 by The_Zomar because: (no reason given)

You are 'not for water boarding personally' - because I suppose you are such a nice high minded chap, a liberal, Obama voting, moraly superior etc etc.

After all The US waterboarded a grand total of three people who had urgent information about plans for future terror attacks. Even so, a high minded chap like you obviously condems them as evil barbaric savages.

And yet you gleefully endorse the wanton torture of captured US agents by foreign govs...................because it's simply what they deserve - 'an eye for an eye' - well a thousand eyes for an eye more like!

And yet since Iran and all muslim authorities routinley use the most extreme torture on all and any dissenters, let alone spies with usefull information. Obviously that requires in your twisted logic, that it would only be fair if the US totrured thousands of Muslim prisoners in the most barbaric way possible?

No!? - so what is really going on in your very strange world view, do you just have a pathological loathing of the US?, are you just not very bright? - you don't seem to very 'high minded' either.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
"Those who have been unveiled in both countries are believed to be local recruits, rather than U.S. citizens stationed abroad, Reuters reports."

I love how some people also say "Water Board Them!" Leaves me speechless in that they are so ignorant.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

After all The US waterboarded a grand total of three people

You really believe that?
Just 3.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustme333
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

After all The US waterboarded a grand total of three people

You really believe that?
Just 3.

Yup - the CIA are pussies now! - rendered pretty ineffective as an intel agency by gutless Politicians, they did of course hand over suspects to their own gov's to interrogate for a while until that was stopped.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Disgusting??? BRILLIANT!!!! You spam my inbox you deal with the Govt.

Back on topic...

Your calling them criminals, as if they were just common criminals.
Folks have made it common place to vilify American interests/assets abroad.

You all act as if our men and women are these blood thirsty killers, with no respect for human life.

I think you would be disappointed to find out, they have good intentions... well, most!!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Zomar, do you have any instances of mouth or rectal cancer in your family? What if someone were to wish both of those on you?

How can you seriously wish for a lifetime of torture for someone? Did you not get enough attention as a child?

Rest assured... they will not be heard from again.. They are probably already dead..

OR, they will be beaten within an inch of their lives, then kept alive in hopes of a high level trade.

I hope your children are raised with a much more level head.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
The report explains that they are scrambling. This must be very embarrassing. I hope these spies get the book thrown at them. A lifetime of hard labor sounds fair for me.

How incredibly naive you are; these assets are going to be killed, and not pleasantly.

I can't imagine being a spy. I have a hard time telling my wife her ass doesn't look fat in her jeans (actually it doesn't, that was just a metaphor), there is no way I could lie for a living. It would have to be terribly nerve-wracking to be a deep cover agent, your life depending on how good a liar you are. I'd be a dead man in minutes; if not from being discovered, from a heart attack.

Not as naive as you are.

I also think they will be tortured and killed but even though they deserve what they get I'm not going to call for their deaths because that is not my decision to make.

Way to twist my words, again.

The rapture is coming!

edit on 22-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlertInMi
reply to post by Expat888

Disgusting??? BRILLIANT!!!! You spam my inbox you deal with the Govt.

Back on topic...

Your calling them criminals, as if they were just common criminals.
Folks have made it common place to vilify American interests/assets abroad.

You all act as if our men and women are these blood thirsty killers, with no respect for human life.

I think you would be disappointed to find out, they have good intentions... well, most!!

You've been watching too much GI Joe young man.

One day when you grow up you will understand.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Pot this kettle, nice to meet ya. wow...

I'll come back when you have one ounce of intelligent actual facts.

Do you have any siblings that aren't slow?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I guess saying they are all hickers will not work anymore

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join