It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Dozens of U.S. spies captured in Lebanon and Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+80 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Report: Dozens of U.S. spies captured in Lebanon and Iran

www.haaretz.com

Dozens of spies working for the CIA were captured recently in Lebanon and Iran, current and former U.S. officials told The Associated Press and ABC News on Monday.

The CIA’s operations in Lebanon have been badly damaged after Hezbollah identified and captured a number of the U.S. spies, officials told The Associated Press.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+88 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I hate to say it, but I told you so. The CIA and Mossad are so deep undercover that they have a part in almost everything that goes on in that region and discoveries just like this help prove it.

The report explains that they are scrambling. This must be very embarrassing. I hope these spies get the book thrown at them. A lifetime of hard labor sounds fair for me. Imagine if some Iranian spies got caught on American soil, Washington would declare war LOL.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 21-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I hate to say it, but I told you so. The CIA and Mossad are so deep undercover that they have a part in almost everything that goes on in that region and discoveries just like this help prove it.

The report explains that they are scrambling. This must be very embarrassing. I hope these spies get the book thrown at them. A lifetime of hard labor sounds fair for me. Imagine if some Iranian spies got caught on American soil, Washington would declare war LOL.

Of course they have a hand in everything. I'd be calling for CIA to be disbanded if it DIDN'T have well established intelligence networks in the Middle East. This is unforgivable though. They KNEW they were busted when Hezbollah got their two agents and rather high ranking ones at that. CIA couldn't have really been so stupid as to believe their own press releases about torture not working could they??? Of course they were looking at a blown operation for every agent those two high ups knew or even suspected!

Thanks CIA.... Now lets see how eager ANYONE is to work for U.S. Intelligence again. This incident coupled with a half dozen others in the last few years probably have recruiters left with precious little to do. Who in their right mind would volunteer to work for that Chinese Fire Drill in Langley???

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Washington has never declared war after finding and busting spy rings. I do find the flurry of Iranian-American war drum news disturbing however. People don't realize that even if Iran has a crappy military, no one will benefit from all out global and or nuclear war. In other words, an Iran American war may be over in 3 days but at what cost to humanity?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Yeah right. Iranian, Russian, Israeli and more spies are caught all the time and war is not declared.

This could also be an Iranian false flag meant to capture and use American citizens as human shields for the upcoming Israeli-US strike on Iran nuclear and Republican Guard complexes.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Come on man gimme a break!

False flag?

Even US officials admitted it. Grasping much?
edit on 21-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
After reading the article, it seems as though the American and Israeli intelligence agents became too relaxed (possibly arrogant?) and were easily outed by Hezbollah and Iran.

When I hear a story like this I think of the "Team America" movie. What America thinks is keen spying, is parody to the rest.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Imagine if some Iranian spies got caught on American soil, Washington would declare war LOL.

They get caught all the time, and why would you hear about something like that in the news?

The fact that this was a multi-agency screw up and several people were apprehended, the announcement was leaked to the American public. The Lebanese wouldn't parade "civilian" captives through the street and behead them for sympathy. There will probably be a trade off after the "water boarding".

Spies are like police officers. They work their asses off and get to be the poster child when anything goes wrong.
edit on 21-11-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

reply to post by nightbringr

Come on man gimme a break!

False flag?

Talk about grasping. Even US officials admitted it. Grasping much?

Yeah probably.

I just find it hilarious how everything that happens in the Israel that could be attributed to Iran, Hamas, Hezbollah or more are always outted by ATS members as "false flags". Just thought id turn the tables for once. I guarantee if it was the USA announcing they had captured Iranian spies, there would be endless calls of false flag operations from ATS members.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed I hope these spies get the book thrown at them. A lifetime of hard labor sounds fair for me. Imagine if some Iranian spies got caught on American soil, Washington would declare war LOL.

I disagree with this stance. I am more of the mindset that soldiers should not be punished for carrying out orders.

If any punishment is deserved, it should be applied to those responsible for giving the orders.

That said, if we are to take example from every other spy-capture incident, this will most likely lead to prisoner/spy swaps than anything else. Remember, the international intelligence gathering game is played by all sides, and it really is seen as a game by those placing the pons across the board.

the Billmeister

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Billmeister

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed I hope these spies get the book thrown at them. A lifetime of hard labor sounds fair for me. Imagine if some Iranian spies got caught on American soil, Washington would declare war LOL.

I disagree with this stance. I am more of the mindset that soldiers should not be punished for carrying out orders.

If any punishment is deserved, it should be applied to those responsible for giving the orders.

That said, if we are to take example from every other spy-capture incident, this will most likely lead to prisoner/spy swaps than anything else. Remember, the international intelligence gathering game is played by all sides, and it really is seen as a game by those placing the pons across the board.

the Billmeister

CIA spies aren't regular soldiers. They are criminals carrying out crimes against humanity and deserve to be punished if caught. End of story.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Yeah literally giving your life away to protect the country... That's nice to make light of.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Not sure I'd like to be in the spying business. Can't imagine the torture before the death blow.

Former senior CIA officer Robert Baer worked against Hezbollah in the 1980s and said the group will often execute those it believes to be spies. 'If they were genuine spies, spying against Hezbollah, I don't think we'll ever see them again,’ Mr Baer told ABC News.

CIA spies feared executed

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Of course, you realize just how these are "spies" right?

The CIA field officer makes their acquaintance at a bar, or wedding, or family gathering.... gives them his card, and tells them if they ever want to make a little extra money to give him a call... if and when they do, he asks some trivial crap from them, like, do you know anyone who works here or there, or are married to or members of the military or such and such political organization..... they answer "yes" the response is "Could you introduce me?" or "..give me their address so I can mail them something?," or "...tell me where I might be able to meet them?"

After that they are considered "CIA" assets, ... most of them highly expendable... and when the time comes for duplicitous and circuitous games of intrigue... bingo! There's your list of "spies."

Check the names of the spies.... they are all citizens of the states we are spying on, and most of them didn't perform a single espionage act... they simply made the naive mistake of thinking there was no harm in "telling this American fool something he could have learned by going to the phone book."

I suspect these spies aren't colonels or generals, ministers, or judges.... THOSE guys NEVER get caught... they'll 'import them over here' for future 'use' if the country should undergo a revolution or something... then they return as faithful ex-patriots to help the community..... of course, as a loyal and true friend of the political machinery in place..... here.

Sound familiar? It should. We only do the same damn thing everywhere.

And that poor taxi driver who thought it would be OK to drive the CIA guy around on the side for some disposable income (and making no secret of where he was going and who he was seeing) is repeatedly having his stomach kicked in for being a "traitor" to his people. It is a pathetic cycle.... truly.
edit on 21-11-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

post removed by staff

Karma is a #.

They deserve what's coming to them and you know it. I feel for their families though. Too bad the spies didn't think of the families they would ruin with their covert activities. It's funny how things work huh?
edit on Tue Nov 22 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

When I hear a story like this I think of the "Team America" movie. What America thinks is keen spying, is parody to the rest.

A ha ha ha ha ha- I was thinking the same thing, only you said it out loud!! (I realize this is a serious situation, but when it comes to any abc agency of the federal criminal united states, sometimes i just have to laugh).

Thank you!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

CIA spies aren't regular soldiers. They are criminals carrying out crimes against humanity and deserve to be punished if caught. End of story.

Again, I beg to differ.

International intelligence agencies rely on a particularly rigid system of compartmentalization to carry out their operations. It is, in fact, very common for people working on the same operation to not be aware that they are working on the same operation, or even know how their specific role pertains to the overall goal.

I strongly suggest "The Secret Team" (The CIA and its Allies in Control of the United States and the World) by L. Fletcher Prouty.

In essence a scathing report of how the CIA operates far beyond the scope legally outlined by Congress, and is, in fact acting out its own agenda, and operating, in many cases, for the financial benefit of its directors (and their friends)

It is very interesting to learn just how the "foot soldiers" are used, often literally as pons in the game!

Of course we may agree to disagree claiming that your viewpoint is the "end of story" is definitely not conducive to discussion... especially in a thread you authored.

the Billmeister

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It's a six figure paying job....if you accept the money you accept the risk.

I have a friend who was born in Lebanon, offered such a job and he refused it. 22 years old......+6 figure pay. Turned it down.

I would have taken the money.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Billmeister
That said, if we are to take example from every other spy-capture incident, this will most likely lead to prisoner/spy swaps than anything else.

Not with Hezbollah. They took 15 months to kill William Buckley. They sent videos of his torture to US embassies. They kept William Higgins for about the same amount of time, and sent videos of his torture to the media before killing him and dumping his body. Those were Americans, an intelligence officer and a military observer. I don't imagine they will be very much gentler with actual spies.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join